Forums
Posted By: neilhbb Overturned Car, Heron Road Meols/Saughall Massie - 24th Jun 2011 5:02pm
Road closed off today on my way home at 4:30pm, on Heron Road in between the Saughall Massie roundabout and Birkenhead Road Meols. Announced on Juice 107.6 a car had overturned. Hope no one hurt, anyone know anything?
No update sorry.I went passed around 5.30pm and road was closed off with Police sign.
This happened to friend of mine along that stretch of road a couple of yeards back and when he was crawling out from underneath the car the farmer was ontop of him ranting about his speed and how he could hear him from pump lane. That was a load of BS as he was driving a rental car at the time which was a bout a week old and was running almost silent. The word is the farmer puts diesel on the road in that area to slow people down??? which even the police had suspected at the time but could not prove. Very dangerous stretch of road in parts and look out for the rainbow effect on the road in the rain and you will see the diesel.
shockedHow wicked!
The accident happened before 3:30 because i have to go down that road due to my job.News said car had overturned,it was only coned off saughall end loads of vehicles going down from main road
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Overturned Car, Heron Road Meols/Saughall Massie - 25th Jun 2011 10:53am
Originally Posted by ghostly1
This happened to friend of mine along that stretch of road a couple of yeards back and when he was crawling out from underneath the car the farmer was ontop of him ranting about his speed and how he could hear him from pump lane. That was a load of BS as he was driving a rental car at the time which was a bout a week old and was running almost silent. The word is the farmer puts diesel on the road in that area to slow people down??? which even the police had suspected at the time but could not prove. Very dangerous stretch of road in parts and look out for the rainbow effect on the road in the rain and you will see the diesel.

If he did that to me and caused an accident, he'd be picking his teeth up from between his blades of grass the horrible little oik.

I love the lanes, I liked them even more before the bypass was built, speed limit was such that you couldn't break it without being dangerous, so it was always a nice road to practice hustling along when I was doing my IAM.

If there is a person putting diesel on the road, then that is attempted murder in my eyes.

I hope the person who did come off the road is OK, accidents happen, and to be honest those lanes are a decent place to drive a bit faster (if such a thing exists) without causing too much damage if you come unstuck.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Overturned Car, Heron Road Meols/Saughall Massie - 25th Jun 2011 11:05am
A MAN has been taken to hospital after being freed from an overturned car in Meols this afternoon.

Emergency services were called to Heron Road at 2.30pm, following the incident, which involved one vehicle.

Heron Road is currently closed to traffic.

The extent of the driver's injuries are not known at this stage.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9105687.Wirral_man_in_hospital_after_car_overturns/

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Overturned Car, Heron Road Meols/Saughall Massie - 25th Jun 2011 12:44pm
Originally Posted by Nobody
Originally Posted by ghostly1

If there is a person putting diesel on the road, then that is attempted murder in my eyes.

I hope the person who did come off the road is OK

withthat Thats just as bad as cutting someones brake lines! no
The police should put a camera up and see if they can catch the farmer at it... Miserable sod
I think the limit's going down to 40mph on that road, if it hasn't already - which is quite fast enough in my opinion. Won't slow the rash and the rushed, though. As for putting diesel on the road, that's way out of order.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral