Forums
Posted By: Anonymous 3 car pile up Bidston link road 10 mins ago - 23rd Jun 2011 8:11am
10 mins ago 9am
3 Cars smashed up pile up, 3 paramedics 4 police cars, sorry no pics never had my phone on me
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3 car pile up Bidston link road 10 mins ago - 23rd Jun 2011 8:18am
That entire area is a joke at the moment. They have recently changed the layout of the roundabout slightly and that alone is enough to confuse you a little when using it for the first time.

If that roundabout layout is going to be permanent it's shit... There was nothing wrong with the old layout. It'll end up like the one where the A41 meets M53 at Eastham with lights and people not sure which lane they should be in...

Hope nonone was hurt
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3 car pile up Bidston link road 10 mins ago - 23rd Jun 2011 8:30am
the crash happened on BQ side inbetween bq and tesco, just on the bridge over railway
someone ploughing over the bridge realises too late there's a queue. slams on and then bump... bump... bump like dominoes?...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3 car pile up Bidston link road 10 mins ago - 23rd Jun 2011 8:35am
How on earth does that happen?

Mind boggles.

Having said that, I had someone in the tunnel today with a clear stretch in front of her, indicate and swerve over in front of me into gap I'd left. We weren't even half way through the tunnel!

I never understand people swapping lanes in the tunnel... Duh failing...
Drivers coming from the roundabout past B&Q don't look ahead and pull into the outside lane letting the drivers pull out from the retail park. It does get frustrating sat there so maybe someone gave up waiting and pulled on out
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: 3 car pile up Bidston link road 10 mins ago - 23rd Jun 2011 12:54pm
Love the German way of doing it - "There is no such thing as an accident, someone is always to blame." They then set about sorting out who it was and do them.
Posted By: zippy49 Re: 3 car pile up Bidston link road 10 mins ago - 23rd Jun 2011 1:04pm
wondered why lot of traffic on road this morning
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3 car pile up Bidston link road 10 mins ago - 23rd Jun 2011 3:50pm
Bandy, I believe that's why an RTA became an RTC?
Posted By: 1971efc Re: 3 car pile up Bidston link road 10 mins ago - 23rd Jun 2011 10:41pm
i do enjoy getting to work for 7am as the roads are empty,, i miss all the loons in the rush hour lol
Ditto 1971efc - I'm at my desk in Warrington by 7.30 most mornings - no probs smile
Posted By: Wench Re: 3 car pile up Bidston link road 10 mins ago - 24th Jun 2011 3:12pm
Originally Posted by Nobody

It was a Legal case where the guy got off with the conviction because his Legal team argued the point that an accident implies that there is nobody to blame, ergo his client was not guilty. I wish I could remember the name of it. I'll keep looking and post it when I find it (not that anyone's interested in Case Law but it will really piss me off if I don't find it).

Some Forces call them RTI's too or Road Traffic Incidents. I still think of them as TA's (traffic accidents) as that's what they were when I started nursing. (Yes I really am that old).

I feel for them all - I was in one last week and it's not pleasant at all frown
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: 3 car pile up Bidston link road 10 mins ago - 24th Jun 2011 8:52pm
Originally Posted by Wench
Originally Posted by Nobody

It was a Legal case where the guy got off with the conviction because his Legal team argued the point that an accident implies that there is nobody to blame, ergo his client was not guilty. I wish I could remember the name of it. I'll keep looking and post it when I find it (not that anyone's interested in Case Law but it will really piss me off if I don't find it).

Some Forces call them RTI's too or Road Traffic Incidents. I still think of them as TA's (traffic accidents) as that's what they were when I started nursing. (Yes I really am that old).

No wonder they say "the Law is an ass"..!!! Did the person get off, then?
Posted By: TheDr Re: 3 car pile up Bidston link road 10 mins ago - 24th Jun 2011 9:41pm
Originally Posted by Wench

The Ambulance Service works the same way, a stroke used to be called a CVA (Cerebrovascular Accident) it's now called a CVE (Cerebrovascular Event)

I'm looking through Archbold and BlackStones, (Wench will know what these are) trying to find that case, it's going to bug me now as well. Strangely different areas of the country use different terms, many now use RTI because it moves away from Accident, but covers them not having to use Collision if nothing actually hits anything else (eg: flipping over on Diesel).

I remember them being called TA's as well, it's old age creeping up up on us, I just pull a face and try to frighten it away.

Thinking about it, certain services have a LOT of phrases that are used internally and probably best if the public DON'T know what they mean smile

the guy in the last car was the owner of the murco garage on liscard road. seen it on the way to work, will find out how it happend when i go in their next as i speak 2 him quite often
© Wirral-Wikiwirral