Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Fire. Roof of flats in Birkenhead. - 16th Jun 2011 5:46pm
I was at Conway Park at 2pm today. The high rises, near the Birkenhead Boys Club that are being demolished were on fire. Looked like it was just the roof area!
Not a great deal of smoke.
Heard the fire engines en route. By the time my bus come and passed the area-all was under control, apparantly.
Anybody know 'owt?
Posted By: kimpri Re: Fire. Roof of flats in Birkenhead. - 16th Jun 2011 6:43pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
I was at Conway Park at 2pm today. The high rises, near the Birkenhead Boys Club that are being demolished were on fire. Looked like it was just the roof area!
Not a great deal of smoke.
Heard the fire engines en route. By the time my bus come and passed the area-all was under control, apparantly.
Anybody know 'owt?
workmen cutting the mobile phone mast/aerials off the top of the roof smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fire. Roof of flats in Birkenhead. - 16th Jun 2011 6:49pm
Arr right, i see! Thanks Joe.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fire. Roof of flats in Birkenhead. - 16th Jun 2011 6:56pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Arr right, i see! Thanks Joe. Lol.
It looked 'dramatic' from afar as there was a helicopter above too- we thought it was trying to suss out how to get the fireman up safely. A case of 1 + 1 =10, then? Lol blush
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Fire. Roof of flats in Birkenhead. - 16th Jun 2011 7:49pm
Police helicopter swooped by for a look, you could see about 6 workmen up there.
Posted By: hansioned Re: Fire. Roof of flats in Birkenhead. - 18th Jun 2011 9:57am
This a bit silly, but I was told by a five year old (a friend of my sons)'that people were in there taking the pipes out and the wires so the tellys didnt work, and the police came, so they threw it in the bin'.
I am guessing some copper strippers have been in their and been disturbed?? dunno about a fire, after all he is only 5....
Posted By: neilmcc Re: Fire. Roof of flats in Birkenhead. - 19th Jun 2011 9:44pm
they where robbing the copper pipes a few months ago as we where there making it safe as they left the gas leaking
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fire. Roof of flats in Birkenhead. - 19th Jun 2011 9:52pm
Originally Posted by hansioned
This a bit silly, but I was told by a five year old (a friend of my sons)'that people were in there taking the pipes out and the wires so the tellys didnt work, and the police came, so they threw it in the bin'.
I am guessing some copper strippers have been in their and been disturbed?? dunno about a fire, after all he is only 5....
lol. how articulate from a five year old!
amazes me, just how much kids pick up on.!
Posted By: lasherlal Re: Fire. Roof of flats in Birkenhead. - 8th Aug 2011 11:41pm
;)there being demolished floor by floor i passed yesterday and watched it was the workys burning all the wooden materials hope i helped dood laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral