Forums
Posted By: lemonhead youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 7th Jun 2011 9:14pm
Hi people

I was walking my own dog, around our local park in Birkenhead and noticed a group of youths acting a menise, running around with there dogs off the lead and not mussled, i felt threatend just walking over the other side of the park, so i took a short cut through the streets just to get home, has anyone come across this problem
Posted By: Fireblade Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 7th Jun 2011 9:25pm
What park are you taking about,and what time where you there.
Glad you got home ok
Posted By: lemonhead Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 7th Jun 2011 9:29pm
Thanks for your concern, i am ok i was over the other side, i justed didnt want to walk passed them, i would rather not say what park, it was about 8.30 tonight
Posted By: Fireblade Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 7th Jun 2011 9:33pm
Hi i'm not sure why u dont want to say which park,but as your LOC is tranmere so i reckon its not one of the two parks in Bhead,ie by Park high school
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 7th Jun 2011 10:37pm
Welcome to Birkenhead lmfao!!!
Posted By: Fireblade Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 7th Jun 2011 11:23pm
I walk round both parks two three times a week
and i've never seen any trouble
Posted By: LippyBitch Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 8th Jun 2011 6:55am
What dogs where they? And what makes the OP think they should be muzzled?? As far as I'm aware it's only breeds named in the Dangerous Dogs Act that have to be muzzled in public. I know from walking my own dogs in Central park, that their are a few owners who need muzzling but their dogs are fine lol. I agree that if you're on your own, gangs of lads can feel intimidating.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 8th Jun 2011 7:27am
Personally, I think they should muzzle all dogs who are off leads (indeed perhaps all dogs in public?) as any dog, can be a menace/vicious. I saw an incendent just a couple of days ago, where a rotty, a poodle and a mongrel (cudnt tell the cross) where going for a walk. The mongrel was a lively dog (looked as harmless as a fly though), the other two were spot-on - next thing you know it jumps over the fence of the park/gardens and hurtles towards another dog, starts biting it, the owner goes mad screaming (of the dog that was being bitten) and it runs off back to its owners, who quickly scarpered.

The woman whos dog was bitten was shouting at them, understandably, saying she was going to call the plod, and what would they have done if it was a child that dog had got ahold of!

I have since found out from Mel, that she had seen the same dog previously trying to attack a man, barking like crazy at him, the owner struggling to regain control of the dog, and all the guy was doing was walking through the same park.

Out of order, and it goes to show that its not just dangerous dogs etc who can be a menace, pretty much any dog can, and all dogs should be muzzled when in public; if that dog had decided to go for a child, it doesnt bear thinking about!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 8th Jun 2011 7:38am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Personally, I think they should muzzle all dogs who are off leads (indeed perhaps all dogs in public?)

I would like to propose an alternative:

People should get cats. Cats rock. That way we could all enjoy caturday and cheezburgers together in peace. smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 8th Jun 2011 7:42am
Originally Posted by ex0__
Personally, I think they should muzzle all dogs who are off leads (indeed perhaps all dogs in public?)

People should get cats. Cats rock. That way we could all enjoy caturday and cheezburgers together in peace. smile

Yerrrr! Fully in agreement, and cats always smell and like to keep themselves clean, not like smelly dogs!
That way we could all enjoy caturday and cheezburgers together in peace. smile

I can haz cheezeburger? tease
I have since found out from Mel, that she had seen the same dog previously trying to attack a man, barking like crazy at him, the owner struggling to regain control of the dog, and all the guy was doing was walking through the same park.

I saw them again yesterday, the same dog kept running for everyone who walked through and the owner couldn't keep hold of the lead, he ended up falling over running after him!
Mum once saw two kids with a dog who let him attack and kill another dog in the park frown
Posted By: Silverback Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 8th Jun 2011 10:09am

If you follow this advice, make sure you keep them in.

With the rapid rise in food and beer prices your pride and joy is likely to end up as the meat content in a dipso's "roof rabbit" stew!

Posted By: Fireblade Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 8th Jun 2011 12:54pm
Stiil cant understand Y he wont say which park,perhaps its a load of ollox?????????
Posted By: Nigel Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 8th Jun 2011 1:24pm
Originally Posted by lemonhead
Thanks for your concern, i am ok i was over the other side, i justed didnt want to walk passed them, i would rather not say what park, it was about 8.30 tonight

What do you mean???? SAY which park or say nothing! I thought the idea of your post was to warn people???!!!
Posted By: Silverback Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 8th Jun 2011 1:58pm
Originally Posted by Nigel

What do you mean???? SAY which park or say nothing! I thought the idea of your post was to warn people???!!!

My interpretation of the original post was she/he had felt intimidated whilst out by "manacing dogs and youths".

She/he was asking for forum members opinion on whether they felt any intimdation when in similar circumstances.

Instead of the opinion she/he is after they get further intimidated by your post!

Posted By: Fireblade Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 8th Jun 2011 2:30pm
Originally Posted by Silverback
Originally Posted by Nigel

My interpretation of the original post was she/he had felt intimidated whilst out by "manacing dogs and youths".

She/he was asking for forum members opinion on whether they felt any intimdation when in similar circumstances.

Instead of the opinion she/he is after they get further intimidated by your post!

Disagree fella,i think lemonhead set themseleves up for a fall
by NOT naming the park.
If lemonhead said what park the input by forum members may of
help [he or she]with there dog walking in safety
Posted By: CLICKSVILLE Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 8th Jun 2011 4:07pm
hi lemonhead, i write this with coffee in hand so bear with me ,as a keen dog walker myself i feel increasingly frustrated at the attitude of my fellow dog walkers . my dog likes a nice gentle stroll around the park but he is getting bullied by fellow dogs and ive had enough. am in favour of having dogs tagged (a bit like criminals) so they can easily be identified as to where they are at certain times . I hope this post has not caused flashbacks and hope to hear good news from you soon my friend !
Posted By: Anonymous Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 8th Jun 2011 4:54pm
sherlock is it me or is there a lot more 1st time posters on this forum than we normaly get? sherlock
Posted By: lemonhead Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 8th Jun 2011 5:55pm
Hey you guys

Stop getting all heated over this, handbag ive just been round the park for about 2 hours with me and are Kenners, and no trouble, it was Mersey Park if you all need to know, thanks for all you posts, lets all be happy laffin
Posted By: Fireblade Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 8th Jun 2011 6:03pm
Hey you guys

Stop getting all heated over this, handbag ive just been round the park for about 2 hours with me and are Kenners, and no trouble, it was Mersey Park if you all need to know, thanks for all you posts, lets all be happy laffin

Mersey Park well what was hard about that laugh
Glad your all sorted
Posted By: CLICKSVILLE Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 8th Jun 2011 7:29pm
Lemonhead .I usually take my dog around Arrowe Park and i have experienced a few problems as i posted earlier . Can anyone reccomend any good routes for me and my 4 legged friend .
Yeah it was in Mersey park where the dog I mentioned before was killed.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 8th Jun 2011 11:37pm
I say, if you can, take your dogs out at 'un-popular' times. 2am, works for me! grin wink
Posted By: ex0__ Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 9th Jun 2011 12:08am
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
I say, if you can, take your dogs out at 'un-popular' times. 2am, works for me! grin wink

OT, but its surprising how few people there are outside at 2-3am. A downside to this is literally every single police car will stop and want to know who you are and where you're going. (my experience anyway, maybe I look like a terrorist :()
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 9th Jun 2011 12:30am

OT, but its surprising how few people there are outside at 2-3am. A downside to this is literally every single police car will stop and want to know who you are and where you're going. (my experience anyway, maybe I look like a terrorist :()
In my experience, the coppers slooow down and have a good look but apart from that-i get no grief.
Once, we got stopped as the wanted to know if we'd seen A, B or C. Ended up having a laugh (at our expense) coz they wanted to know why we taking pictures of a MASSIVE full moon- on a Phone!!
"Well, what can I say Officer? We're obviously idiots"
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 9th Jun 2011 12:53am
u just been in Harrison park with the mutt my huge flashlight spooks anyone that's lurking
Posted By: ex0__ Re: youths in parks with dangerous dogs - 9th Jun 2011 11:18pm
coz they wanted to know why we taking pictures of a MASSIVE full moon

See that'd piss me right off. What business is it of theirs?

I think they stop me out of spite now. I won't ever give more information than my first name and they break out all kinds of threats and word play to try and demand full name and address smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral