Forums
Posted By: TheDr Another Bump & Run - 4th Apr 2011 10:29am
9:45 this morning car alarm went off, looked out to see a guy with his dog staring at my car.

According to him some weird "Ambulance type Fire Rescue Transit van" (love the description) had hit it whilst parking next door, then drove off quickly when they realised.

Next door had had a fire a few days ago so asked them if it was anything to do with their insurance, they said no but they had had a few firms turning up to "assess" the damage, nothing to do with them or their insurance, they just look on the fire brigade website for fires attended and then go their to see if they can sign people up for the work.

Anyway, car is scuffed on one side (thanks for that), just waiting now for the cameras on the side of the shops to finish a loop so I can get a look who it was, any ideas because the wait is just making me worse smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Another Bump & Run - 4th Apr 2011 10:40am
Dr this is why I don't leave my gsi anywhere, if I'm going out or visiting anyone I use another car.
My gsi is only ever on the drive or under surveillance 24/7 at work.
Cannot trust anyone these days. frown
I hope you catch the culprit, good luck.
Posted By: lansyp Re: Another Bump & Run - 4th Apr 2011 4:09pm
There is a insurance claims ambulance the car boot in prenton could be that ?
Posted By: TheDr Re: Another Bump & Run - 4th Apr 2011 10:07pm
Thanks for that, I do know who it is/was now, they were "caught" on just about every camera, the moving one as they came down the main road, a fixed one as they turned into the road and another fixed one as they hit the car.

I'd also forgotten (despite it being me that fitted them) that my cars have cameras in them (it's one of the conditions of insurance as we drive blue light vehicles) and they were recorded on that as well, so chances of saying "it wasn't me".....quite slim I would have thought.

The police have said that they can't do anything yet as they have 24hrs (a reasonable time) to report the accident before it becomes more serious, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

As a separate note, the car isn't too bad, ripple on the wing and scuff on the bumper, was thinking about getting rid of it the last week and this has kind of pushed me, so if anyone wants to buy a really cheap 02 Chrysler Grand Voyager Limited, seven seater 3.3 with an LPG conversion and a series three facelift (so it looks newer, with a private plate you'd never know it wasn't an 07) then let me know. Had a £3k engine rebuild at BEC 7k miles ago, if I get back £3500 I'll even have it cleaned smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Another Bump & Run - 5th Apr 2011 7:58pm
It's besides the point that there wasn't much damage dr, that's irrelevant.
The good thing is you've caught them smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Another Bump & Run - 5th Apr 2011 8:28pm
But will the police do anything?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral