Forums
Hi, my sons Green BMX bike was stolen last night from Dawpool Drive in Bromborough.The person or persons responsible moved another bike out of the way to take my sons.Had been left in front garden for round 30 mins at 8pm last night.Reward offered for its return.My son is devastated.Was his pride and joy and only got it at xmas.
Sorry to hear about your sons bike,my son and daughters bikes where both stolen from outside the shop on Dawpool Drive in March of last year both where new at christmas they have only just started to use them because of the snow.Had a very good idea who had taken them but couldn`t prove anything.
Hope you have more luck than us in getting it back.

easto
Was it a near neon colour?
Hi sorry to hear your loss,It maybe worth you asking at Bromborough train station (cctv)... I have heard of scallys lookin for a fix coming in off the train and grabbing a bike of some value and taking them to the cycle exchange I was told this a couple of years ago so dont know if its still going on, Good luck with your enquirers
oh thats rotten, bikes arnt cheep, and your son must be devastated poor thing x
Hi, I work as a volunteer at the St Barnabus community centre, drop a picture of the bike, if you have one in, and we will display it and hopefully someone will have seen it and will be able to help you locate it. its totally unfair that this should have happened, I hope you get your sons' bike returned.. However, after having bikes stolen ourselves a good few years ago, we found out that the police, will stamp your post code, and house number at the base of the pedal shaft, so if it gets found, regardless as to what the theives do, the markings are a sure fire way of getting your property back.. hope this helps.. regards
Originally Posted by Avril
Hi, I work as a volunteer at the St Barnabus community centre, drop a picture of the bike, if you have one in, and we will display it and hopefully someone will have seen it and will be able to help you locate it. its totally unfair that this should have happened, I hope you get your sons' bike returned.. However, after having bikes stolen ourselves a good few years ago, we found out that the police, will stamp your post code, and house number at the base of the pedal shaft, so if it gets found, regardless as to what the theives do, the markings are a sure fire way of getting your property back.. hope this helps.. regards

Hi Avril. check your personal messages please.
Sorry to say Plice dont mark/stampbkes anymore as someone sued them for chipping the paint so because of that they no longer do it!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Stolen- Green Stolen Stereo BMX bike Bromborough - 22nd Mar 2011 11:13am
Police use ultra violet markings now. Call your local police station to see if they offer this service. Only a few stations do....
Forgot to post that my sons bike was recovered 2 days after it was taken. Our neighbour saw a boy riding it around Bromborough Village.They contacted my husband who called Police and chased the boy to a block of flats.At first we were told they couldnt do anything except recover the bike as the lad was only 11yrs old who had it and he denied taking it. We later got a call to say they would be asking the boy to attend the station with an adult (had to be a weekend as not allowed to request to attend station on a school night).We got a call the following weekend to say the boy had attended and the matter had been dealt with.Exactly how I dont know. Just glad my son got his bike back but the lad found on it was in the year below my son school!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral