Forums
Posted By: starakita broken into - 9th Nov 2010 12:04pm
got up this morning to find my front door slightly open, went round to find three draws open slightly, my bag with my purse in gone my coat with my keys in, my hubbys coat, his phone &credit cards, my sons phone 2 ds lights 1 psp my hubbys course work that was in his bag.Really pissed off had to go to the kids schools cos they had no dinner money but the schhools have been great. The police have been round but the lowlife peice of sh*t that done it wil probably get away with it.I left some strongly worded messages on the phones but the turds probably wouldnt know how to use them.I have now got to tell my daughter who is on the autistic scale someone has taken her ds she knows about her birthday money which was in my purse and dosent know why someone would do this. Its all the inconvienience of having to change the lock on the front door & the car cos of my keys being in my coat,wich wasnt worth robbing anyway.
Posted By: delta6 Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 12:09pm
...!
they need a good kicking!
sorry to hear about what has happened to you.
Posted By: starakita Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 12:10pm
I found my sons baseball bat and im not afraid to use it.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 12:14pm
Sorry to hear this has happened frown

I really hope they come to a slow, and painful end!
Posted By: Nigel Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 12:17pm
Originally Posted by starakita
I found my sons baseball bat and im not afraid to use it.

I have repeatedly stated that the law is to soft on this county, I have friends who are magistrates, But they say that their hands are "tied" but given the choice they would bring back certain Punishments that we have used in the past!! Set Austin Malloy on them!
Posted By: buddy Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 12:25pm
Sorry to hear your bad news Starakita - can't print what I'd do to them!!!
Posted By: starakita Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 12:28pm
its happened to acouple of houses in our area, they seem to take small things but they didnt notice my other sons laptop or that would have gone. pity we still didnt have our dog, they may have got in but she wouldnt of let them out.
Posted By: dan0h Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 11:32am
I had my house burgled a few times when I lived in Purley, South London. Its a nasty feeling. Hopefully justice will come to those behind it, ideally cosmic justice as opposed to legally enforced.
Posted By: oscarpops Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 12:04pm
They should do what they do in these middle east countrys when they get caught chop a hand off and if they do it again chop the other one off wouldnt do it again low life scumbags
Posted By: hoseman Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 12:33pm
So sorry to hear this...fooking ....
The justice system is a bloody joke, if it was a speeding motortist or an out of date tax the full weight of the law would be dished out. i have absolutely no faith in our namby pamby, wishy washy limp justice system. self justice is called for, a REAL deterrent methinks.
Doesnt help you tho in your terrible predicament....So sorry.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 12:43pm
Sorry to hear about this starakita, low life ... like this should have their feet cut off, I too have been a victim of burglary and it's very unpleasant, hopefully the ... shall be caught! Stealing from children too no lowest of the low, need a bat to Thier heads mad

Makes you think no one can put presents under the tree anymore in case of theft! frown
Posted By: jemarc Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 12:54pm
B******S, string em up, i am sorry to here this wot low life. what area did this happen. so we can all be on the lookout x
Posted By: derekdwc Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 12:55pm
a possible lesson to be learnt here folks
Maybe keeping your portable possessions like wallets ' keys and other small valuables upstairs in bedrooms may be safer.
Starakita Sorry hear about this
Is there anything stolen that wikimembers could identify whilst keeping their eyes and ears open - maybe the thieves may try to sell something identifiable
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 1:01pm
Sorry to hear about this, ... everywhere, agree with posts that hands are tied and until we campaign properly with petitions and marches etc etc etc nowt will change.

Really hope you and your family get over this, dont let the fookers get in the way of family life and try to move on asap.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 1:18pm
fckin smackhead ... mad... so sorry to hear about this starakita.
Posted By: starakita Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 1:36pm
tranmere kirkland avenue
Posted By: starakita Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 1:41pm
pink ds & black ds, white psp battery cover missing white lg cookie phone, o2 xda phone there the things the scumbags will sell
Posted By: Kev30x Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 1:45pm
Sorry to hear this happened Starakita, Probably the same dirty little smackhead that done that house in maybank rd not long ago, my mum also had her front door handle tried at 4am a couple of weeks ago,(Tranmere area,off derby road) it instantly woke her from her sleep as its quite a noisy creaky handle, also she has 2 dogs and they were barking like mad which probably made the ... bag run for it. but it hasnt stopped my mum from being really frightened at night now. Hope you get your stuff back Starakita and they catch the little lowlife an name him so that we can give him what he really deserves!!
Posted By: jemarc Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 1:46pm
im just round the corner on tranmere hall estate, i will keep a lookout for any goings on during the night. and my ears open.x dnt let the b******s grind ya down x
Posted By: starakita Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 1:47pm
had the lock on the front door done need to get the car sorted now.its pissing me off to think the sumbags will spend mymoney, its not like were well off. thanks for all your kind messages of support.
Posted By: SUExx Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 1:53pm
Originally Posted by starakita
got up this morning to find my front door slightly open, went round to find three draws open slightly, my bag with my purse in gone my coat with my keys in, my hubbys coat, his phone &credit cards, my sons phone 2 ds lights 1 psp my hubbys course work that was in his bag.Really pissed off had to go to the kids schools cos they had no dinner money but the schhools have been great. The police have been round but the lowlife peice of sh*t that done it wil probably get away with it.I left some strongly worded messages on the phones but the turds probably wouldnt know how to use them.I have now got to tell my daughter who is on the autistic scale someone has taken her ds she knows about her birthday money which was in my purse and dosent know why someone would do this. Its all the inconvienience of having to change the lock on the front door & the car cos of my keys being in my coat,wich wasnt worth robbing anyway.

OMG,OMG, i got up yesterday morning at 5.45am, came downstairs and found the front door wide open. Then i remembered i hadnt looked it and cos it was a really windy night it had just blown open , as its a upvc door i hadnt turned the handle to keep it shut. But luckily no one had been in, the tv,s pc and money was all still there. How lucky were we then.

But sorry to here about your break in , hope they catch them.
Posted By: insanekitty Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 1:54pm
My ex-wife lives up in Hawthorne and she said someone tried to break into hers last week but they never got in.
We got burgled once and I was sleeping with earplugs in after a night shift and only knew about it when the police woke me up. We got the stuff back and the lads who did it got a little bit of "satisfaction medicine".

Hope you sort everything out! We have fitted cameras at the front and back with security lights and that, I think, is the best deterrent - or a big dog!
Posted By: kimpri Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 1:56pm
Sorry to hear about this,

How did they get in hammer
Posted By: DavidB Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 2:25pm
I've only had my house broken into once when I lived with my parents. We had a window cleaner who my dad saw walking away from the house with something under his coat. He later found out some things had been taken. The door knocker on the letter box had been removed ... the police couldn't figure out why it had gone but I pointed out it was obvious they'd used this to unhook the latch - I was only 12 at the time.
It's always good to get onto the cash converter shops to report the items. Don't rely on the police to do it!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 2:32pm
Certain phones can be tracked via gps to the exact spot were the theif is standing, do you still have your emie numbers on the boxes for the phones.
?
Posted By: cookie Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 3:48pm
Sorry to hear about this. I know what your going through as we had the same done a few years back.One good thing at least you and your family are safe, possessions can always be replaced !
Posted By: starakita Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 3:52pm
yes had fingerprints taken a japanese akita is a good guard dog silent but deadly. I wish I still had mine
Posted By: starakita Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 3:58pm
the o2 is a work phone but will have to check the box for the lg.theres no credit on the lg they didnt take the chargers for the stuff and I left messages on themm telling them what I thought of them. theyll probably delete them but it made me feel better.
Posted By: lezsmith Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 4:18pm
what we need is to bring the birch back! I`m sorry to hear about your misfortune starakita.I hope you find them before the police do so your sons baseball bat can be put to good use.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 4:26pm
Sorry to read this starikita. Hugs...
Posted By: Capt_America Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 5:47pm
Sorry to hear about this, burgleries seem to be happening everywhere. We changed our door locks to better ones as a precaution a couple of weeks ago. I feel so sorry for you.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 9:28pm
So sorry to hear that this has happend to you. Hope they catch the .... X
Posted By: Anonymous Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 9:38pm
So sorry to hear what has happened.
Posted By: starakita Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 9:41pm

cry lamethrower

mad
Posted By: starakita Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 9:43pm
last post my 11 year old thats what he feels about it.
Posted By: Wench Re: broken into - 9th Nov 2010 10:06pm
I know what I'd do to them!! So sorry Star. It seems to be a day of ... getting to me!! I've been furious over the ... that stole the wreath that Ste Boote's parents left for him last week. This country is going to the dogs!!

Real punishment is what's called for in this country!! I know the Magistrates and the Judges have their hands bound by what is set out for them in tems of sentencing, but something needs to be done. If they handed the sentencing over to people who actually worked in the Law it would be so much better instead of leaving it to bloody politicians who know feck all!!

Rant over frown
Posted By: Kev30x Re: broken into - 10th Nov 2010 12:01am
Heard about another burgalry tonight that happened last week at a friends mums house just off Willmer road, which is off Derby rd also, he took a few small valuable things from downstairs, including a tin with a few hundred quid in it (christmas savings!!), he never went upstairs,luckily enough as there was a 50 odd yr old lady sleeping (hubby works away) (who is now traumatised enough as it is!) im sure that this is a one man band (going by the same pattern of events)and im convinced that it is the guy who wheels caught on CCTV screwing that house in Maybank a couple of weeks ago, i reckon he's a smackhead living off Derby road somewhere who is perhaps not from around this area and is just couch surfing at another smackheads house,before moving on again!(heard a whisper about that from a neighbour, but could just be a rumour) the police really need to step up patrols in the Tranmere area and make it more public about what is going on because the dirty smackhead seems to doing these Burglaries an awful lot and its becoming a HUGE problem in the Tranmere area at the moment!!!
Posted By: GixerAde Re: broken into - 10th Nov 2010 12:17am
My 19 year old daughters house got done last week on Derby Road, they got off with her laptop, couple of phones, dvd player, and all her dvd's including all her 2 year olds sons dvd's bob the builder and the like. She was away at the time so they came back and ripped out all the copper piping and the central heating boiler leaving everything in the house flood damaged as they had snapped off the water stop cock. Just wish they would try my house with my 2 German shepherds I wouldn't be in to much of a hurry to rescure them!!!
Posted By: Nigel Re: broken into - 10th Nov 2010 9:13am
The problem is this- If we catch a burglar and injure them, or they injure themselfs on our premises, we are liable! Not right is it?
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: broken into - 10th Nov 2010 9:25am
A mate of mine also got done a few weeks back. Luckily the two scumbags got caught by the police and in statements etc the police let slip the names of the people who done it.

Needless to say a quick search through facebook and my mate found out who they were, Where they lived, Phone Numbers etc etc

Dont think they will be going near his house again for a very long time.
Posted By: starakita Re: broken into - 10th Nov 2010 9:54am
one of the mums at school lives in everst road and they got leaflets warning them.she told me her friend in Allcot got done and a house incressington,so why werent we warned.Ive a good mind to patrol the area myself and hand out my own justice,dont think hubby would be to pleasded though.there may have been 2 of them as they took 2 coats, notice though theyre only going for small things they can pocket. they also took my hubbys english gcse coursework.That will probably get dumped as the scumbag has only got the brain of a single cell amiba.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: broken into - 10th Nov 2010 1:01pm
We got broken into on New years day 2009, We were all upstairs watching Celebrity BB. Our dog did hear a noise went to investigate but never went downstairs, A few mintues later 12year old brother went downstairs to get some munchies and noticed that the back door was open.

The police were pretty good, picked up a guy a few weeks later (about another crime) and he admitted the whole thing thinking it was about the robbery. Police came round and said that we were lucky that we never went downstairs as the guy is known for GBH and ABH and is a little unpredictable!

He got 2 years just for the robbery, and so many other years for the other crime!

A year later....Knock on the door it was a street cleaner who found my mothers purse in the gutter with all bank cards, driving liscene in...

I hope they find this piece of ...! & Get your self a BIG dog! smirk
x
Posted By: flossy Re: broken into - 10th Nov 2010 3:17pm
my son has been burgled twice in the last few weeks yesterday being the last time, its obviously someone watching him as he does nights dreadful feeling to think someone is watching every move, he lost quite alot of good stuff golf clubs and the like hope they rot in hell, he s working his socks off for the likes of them .
Posted By: oscarpops Re: broken into - 10th Nov 2010 9:39pm
I hate these low life scumbags they just help themselves to stuff youve worked your socks for if you caught them and beat the crap out of the ... they be the first to go crying to the police to many namby pamby do gooders ruining the justice system
Posted By: derekdwc Re: broken into - 10th Nov 2010 10:38pm
Would like to see these people branded on the forehead with the word "THIEF" if caught.
Maybe a special ink that could only be removed after a certain
number of years later

DJ_Karl_David are you allowed to name the thieves caught and what area at least they were from
Posted By: starakita Re: broken into - 11th Nov 2010 10:08am
Id like to smash there hands with a baseball bat. Im even more cross cos my 11 year old was asleep on the couch and the ba**ards reached over his head to get his phone.
Posted By: bert1 Re: broken into - 11th Nov 2010 11:11am
Star, sorry to hear of your predicament, i know you said your door was open, is that the way they got in and was there any damage to the door or lock.
Posted By: starakita Re: broken into - 11th Nov 2010 12:02pm
weve got one of those doors where you cant open it from the outside but my dad said they put something through the letterbox and pull the handle from the inside.They didnt go upstairs and only took stuff they could pocket or put in my bag.needless to say I lock the door every night now, its with doors like ours alot of people dont lock them,one of the things is if theres a fire its the first means of escape.We had to change the barrel on the door cos thy took my keys that were in my coat pocket.the only mess to tjhe door is the fingerprint stuff they use but they didnt leave any fingerprints.
Posted By: SUExx Re: broken into - 11th Nov 2010 12:12pm
OMG,OMG, i got up yesterday morning at 5.45am, came downstairs and found the front door wide open. Then i remembered i hadnt looked it and cos it was a really windy night it had just blown open , as its a upvc door i hadnt turned the handle to keep it shut. But luckily no one had been in, the tv,s pc and money was all still there. How lucky were we then.

But sorry to here about your break in , hope they catch them.[/quote]
Posted By: starakita Re: broken into - 11th Nov 2010 12:21pm
thats happened to us when the wind has been strong so I lifted the handle up especially at night so that didnt happen.Weve learnt our lesson now it gets locked every night.
Posted By: bert1 Re: broken into - 11th Nov 2010 12:28pm
There is a device available, a lot of people don't know of this, i don't want to name it and educate the ..., it should really be made illegal, maybe it is in this country, but it doesn't stop them getting it on the net. It will open all cylinder locks, people normally know these as Yale locks, also it will open the type of locks fitted to upvc doors. As far as i know, it doesn't work on 5 lever mortise dead locks. For night time security whilst in bed a good old fashioned six inch bolt is a good deterrent, a lot of noise has to be made to force the door.
Posted By: starakita Re: broken into - 11th Nov 2010 12:59pm
I put my sons bike by the front door so if anyone opens it the bike will make a noise as it goes crashing to the floor. Failing that Ill shove a heay sewing machine table up against the door, that wont be quiet either.
Posted By: Nigel Re: broken into - 11th Nov 2010 2:28pm
A good door chain will do the job.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: broken into - 11th Nov 2010 3:53pm
yeah around the heads of the thieving scrotes
Posted By: Kev30x Re: broken into - 12th Nov 2010 1:17am
The Burglar that broke into my friends mums house last week, (off willmer rd) was caught last night (Wednesday) anyone heard anymore about this burglar being nicked? is he the serial burglar? i havent spoke to my friend yet but my mum seen a message that she left on facebook earlier calling him all kinds of proverbials and saying he was caught etc, Starakita have police been in touch with you to inform you that a burglar (possibly yours) has been caught? Kev
Posted By: TheDr Re: broken into - 12th Nov 2010 2:00am
Originally Posted by bert1
There is a device available, a lot of people don't know of this, i don't want to name it and educate the ..., it should really be made illegal, maybe it is in this country, but it doesn't stop them getting it on the net. It will open all cylinder locks, people normally know these as Yale locks, also it will open the type of locks fitted to upvc doors. As far as i know, it doesn't work on 5 lever mortise dead locks. For night time security whilst in bed a good old fashioned six inch bolt is a good deterrent, a lot of noise has to be made to force the door.

I used to date a Master Locksmiths daughter (who was a locksmith herself) and used to spend a great deal of time with her so learned a lot about locks (and how to open them).

I can think of three fairly simple devices readily available to open Yale (and the uPVC Euro) type locks (four if it's a cheap one). Although two of them do require a small amount of practice one will open that type of lock in seconds, which is why it is always worth spending money on a quality one which is resistant to this type of attack.

For the properties I rent out I tend to use the Garrison type keys as these cannot be copied without the Garrison ID card and only certain locksmiths can duplicate them. The EVA locks (the same as the Council use on the alley gates) work the same way but I like the Garrisons as they are flat keys with the indentations on the side, the other positive side is that once you have bought one (about £30) if you need to change the lock because a key has got into the wrong hands (or not been returned) you can have the barrel itself repinned and new keys for about a tenner, so in the long run it works out cheaper.

It's one of those things with securing your home at night, do you make it so that nothing is going to come in no matter what, or do you make sure that you have a way out in case anything happens ?
Posted By: starakita Re: broken into - 12th Nov 2010 8:25am
not heard anything yet, I hope its the same person even if it is we probably wont get our stuff back. My hubby said anything thats no good to them will probably end up in a wheelie bin.
Posted By: kimpri Re: broken into - 17th Nov 2010 9:33pm
Originally Posted by SUExx

[/quote] sue, if your door blows open when its windy, your door needs adjusting.
shouldn't blow open,I
got a phone call off Derek the other night one of his neighbours got locked out of house (left keys)wanted me to open door for them,
so went down, I was in the house via front door in less than 1 minutes,I can do this in 30 seconds,
PLEASE LOCK your door with the key put door chain on
Posted By: Sanchez Re: broken into - 17th Nov 2010 9:45pm
Originally Posted by kimpri1
Originally Posted by SUExx

sue, if your door blows open when its windy, your door needs adjusting.
shouldn't blow open,I
got a phone call off Derek the other night one of his neighbours got locked out of house (left keys)wanted me to open door for them,
so went down, I was in the house via front door in less than 1 minutes,I can do this in 30 seconds,
PLEASE LOCK your door with the key put door chain on [/quote]

Where did you say you lived Sue?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral