Forums
Posted By: Sallybear Bicycle theft Oxton - 6th Jun 2009 10:34pm
Canondale Mountain Bike, distinctive one fork only on the left of the front wheel.

Black with firestorm stickers on it.

Guy black hoodie, from Oxton Village, got into back yard, and out again with Bike.

Bike on rack but not locked (yes I know!)

Row of houses we live on scoped out today, guy in black hoodie on bike, checking out from front, saw me and whizzed off, must have checked around back also. Chose most expensive bike from the rack.

Gutted!!

Please any info let me know, keep an eye out, very distinctive bike.

similar to this

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 6th Jun 2009 10:40pm
Barstard! Will keep eyes+ ears peeled!
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 6th Jun 2009 10:46pm
thanks

took a drive round immediately afterwards, and have CCTV that has image of guy scoping earlier on in the day, the one in the yard, might not be so good, lighting was off

5th event to happen at ours in last 12 months feeling really fed up and want to move away
Posted By: Wench Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 6th Jun 2009 10:57pm
Bilateral above knee amputation for him!! Never ride a bike again laugh
Posted By: DavidB Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 6th Jun 2009 11:01pm
Is that expensive?
I saw a bike dumped the other week on the corner of my road. the next morning it had been stripped of wheels. You're taking a chance having anything of any value with Birkenhead smack rats in existance.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 6th Jun 2009 11:02pm
Police were not even interested despite the guy 'scoping' out earlier on and having that on very high res CCTV.

Have brought other bike inside as they have also stolen the bloody lock from that back door!!!!
Posted By: Wench Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 6th Jun 2009 11:13pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear
Police were not even interested despite the guy 'scoping' out earlier on and having that on very high res CCTV.

I'd try the "day shift" tomorrow if you're not happy.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 6th Jun 2009 11:20pm
Yeah I did think of that, to be honest compeltely sick of this now. 2 cars with windows smashed in drive in last 12 months, scooter stolen, although recovered after they couldnt start it due to security device, dumped locally, dodgy guys sitting outside house openly talking about breaking in, police were great about that one though, and 2 guys jumped over back wall as they did tonight, although nothing taken then.

Totally fed up now. Is it any better anywhere else though?? Im moving at this rate.

Was really looking forward to summer hols, going to go riding with daughter, now have 1 bike between us and I cant afford another one, its totally crap this is.

Its so easy to get complacent about security.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 6th Jun 2009 11:22pm
Originally Posted by Station
Is that expensive? You're taking a chance having anything of any value with Birkenhead smack rats in existance.

Expensive, yeah! As for anything of value, Ive lived here for 23 years. It's never been this bad.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 6th Jun 2009 11:25pm
Woodchurch is going worse again, it was meant to be really bad in the 80's.

I'd really pester the police, they do stop chavs on bikes and inspect the bike for parts. wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 7th Jun 2009 12:21pm
fookin smack heads i bet. mad will keep me eyes out for you hun. happy
Posted By: AR_One Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 7th Jun 2009 10:45pm
Sorry to here about your bike and the other trouble.

Try not to lose heart, we had a whole host of trouble a coupel of years ago and felt powerless for a while be decided we weren't going to let them win. You need to make yourself a bit of a pain the @rse to the authorities but it does work. Things to try:

1. Keep reporting all suspicious and Anti-social behavoiur to the Police - always ask them for a srime number as it has to go on their system then and will get reported up the chain

2. Find out who your local PCSO's are and ask them to come and see you to discuss your problem

3. Keep a diayr of everything and record the crime numbers into it so that you're got a record

4. Get some ASB reporting forms from the council and keep sending them in

5. Find out who the senior officer is for Oxton (on the Police website) and write / email / phone them

6. There are "chat to the chief" webchats in the Police website once a month register for that and put your point accross.

7. Have you asked the coucil about alley gates if the scrotes are using the back-passages for access?

Good luck
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 9th Jun 2009 2:59pm
Thanks for the advice AR1 I will do what you say. Very eager to write to them, as for alley gates dont think they will put them in conservation areas, but im not sure, will look into it.
Posted By: purfek Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 9th Jun 2009 3:19pm
The anti social teams bus is currently at st James centre in Laird street, there telephone number is 606 2020.
next area forum meeting is 16th June
http://democracy.wirral.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=272
Alley Gates, are no longer funded it was raised last night the council are looking round for more money though so keep an ear open.
your local councillor may be able to help ?
http://democracy.wirral.gov.uk/mgMiniSite.aspx?UID=164

Stewart is really helpfull on the above link
katrina
Posted By: Wheels Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 9th Jun 2009 7:08pm
Feckers!

I put 4 24hour cctv cams after my bike was robbed frown I know how you feel
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 2:55am
Is there a reward , i know who might have it
Posted By: bert1 Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 9:58am
If you know who has it, do the decent thing and say so, don't be trying to profit out of other peoples misery.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 10:08am
Originally Posted by bert1
If you know who has it, do the decent thing and say so, don't be trying to profit out of other peoples misery.

withthat
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 10:21am
Come on where are your morals, if you want some of us to collect it for sally then pm me direct.

Sal missed a ride for charity when this was stolen.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 10:43am
Originally Posted by Anonymous
why go anonymous asking if there's a reward,as you might know who has it,
i recon your full of BULL SHIT and don't know anything about bike grin

prove me wrong, i dare ye. happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 10:46am
Originally Posted by kimpri1
why go anonymous asking if there's a reward,as you might know who has it,
i recon your full of BULL SHIT and don't know anything about bike grin

prove me wrong, i dare ye. happy

withthat
Posted By: bigpete Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 11:28am
I know this might not help at the moment - but you may be in the centre of a 2 man crime wave - this happened by us - until they broke into a bobby's house and then suddenly the perpetrators were rapidly caught and dealt with - with the crime rapidly dipping as a consequence !
Agree woth the idea of bombarding the police with calls - as soon as you see anything at all suspicious call them out....
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 5:01pm

Your a Grrr mate.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 5:35pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez

Your a Grrr mate.

Wouldnt surprise me if this was the thief, the morals are the same.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 5:42pm
Lol! What a prize c*nt!
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 5:51pm
look stop being an absolute t*^% and just tell him the location of the bike otherwise i will take action myself as i've got your IP address Cataloged so there's no hiding. somad
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 5:52pm
Lmao you have admin access? What if he's using a proxy?

smile
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 5:55pm
i have various tools i've developed to track down people who spam websites, forums and the likes. usually the logs are destroyed at midnight each day unless something occurs (like this case) there's no admin stuff needed as it backlogs the "recently visited" proxy's can be easily tracked with my own antivirus dubbed "biodome"
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 6:00pm
lol now ya chatting bubbles lol. Biodome, love it haha!
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 6:02pm
who doesn't love bubbles in the evenings or bananna bubbles anywho i'll see what i can do but at least get the plod's on the case. they could do with some actual police work for once. laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 6:02pm
I rekon he don't know anyway, he probably just wants to try n get a tenner and give some duff info lol.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 6:03pm
Originally Posted by Shadow_Omega
who doesn't love bubbles in the evenings or bananna bubbles laugh

Ive not tried this yet lmao! Is it like Aero? Mmmmm Chocolate and Banana Aero sounds nice!!
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 6:04pm
yeah he/she'd probably one of those "one rule to a flat stomach: obey" scam ads. Bananna bubbles was a serial back in the 90's but it's long gone now.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 6:10pm
Am lost now.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 6:10pm
Lol
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 7:19pm
can we get this back on topic to getting sallys bike back from the robbing ...
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 28th Oct 2009 7:27pm
Sally, can you PM me as your PM full.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 25th Nov 2009 8:46pm
Sorry not been online for ages, Digging Deeper my inbox is empty so dunno about that one, try my email addy, is there a link to that on here? Ill PM you.

As for asking for a reward, if you were to turn up with the bike and a big SORRY then the reward would be to see me and my family really happy. I can't believe you might know where it is and you are asking ME for a reward, why should I have to pay to have something that is MINE returned to me!!???

If you genuinely truthfully know where it is, then the Crimestoppers number is 0800 555 111 and they reward anyone who help with the solving of a crime. And the theft of our bike is a crime.

I would just like it back so I could ride with my daughter as we only have 1 bike now, and to be honest I cant afford even a cheap replacement.

Do the right thing and DO something about it, or shut up and go away and stop wasting mine and everyones here time

Sally(bikeless)bear
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 25th Nov 2009 8:52pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear
Sorry not been online for ages, Digging Deeper my inbox is empty so dunno about that one, try my email addy, is there a link to that on here? Ill PM you.

As for asking for a reward, if you were to turn up with the bike and a big SORRY then the reward would be to see me and my family really happy. I can't believe you might know where it is and you are asking ME for a reward, why should I have to pay to have something that is MINE returned to me!!???

If you genuinely truthfully know where it is, then the Crimestoppers number is 0800 555 111 and they reward anyone who help with the solving of a crime. And the theft of our bike is a crime.

I would just like it back so I could ride with my daughter as we only have 1 bike now, and to be honest I cant afford even a cheap replacement.

Do the right thing and DO something about it, or shut up and go away and stop wasting mine and everyones here time

Sally(bikeless)bear

withthat well said sally clap
hope you do get your bike back queen!
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 25th Nov 2009 10:28pm
cheers I hope so too
Posted By: Victor_Meldrew Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 30th Nov 2009 4:51pm
I would pop into the second hand place on grange road west if i was you or any other second hand shops. And give them a picture of it.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Bicycle theft Oxton - 29th Jan 2010 1:11pm
UPDATE:

Still no bike, but a yes to the alley gates, thanks to the police and the council and great neighbours, this is actually happening. 7 months, not too long if you think about it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral