Forums
Posted By: Jubbly Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 14th May 2009 6:46pm
A good friend of mine had three adult huskies, one male two female, stolen from her back yard in Deveraux Drive Wallasey today sometime between 12 noon and 6.30pm. Despite alley gates both ends of the road and the back door to her yard being welded shut whoever stole them managed to get them all out seemingly unheard and unseen.

All the dogs have grey/white coats and are microchipped. The male has different coloured eyes. The male answers to the name Kai and the females Nanuk and Maia.

The theft has been reported to the police but as you can imagine my friend is completely distraught they are loved like children. Please, if anyone here can provide any information at all that we can pass on to the police it would obviously be a great help.

Thanks smile

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 14th May 2009 7:06pm
God, thats terrible! I will keep my eyes peeled. And ears-sum one must know somethimg. My thoughts are with your mate and family. Good luck x
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 14th May 2009 7:06pm
God, thats terrible! I will keep my eyes peeled. And ears-sum one must know somethimg. My thoughts are with your mate and family. Good luck x
Posted By: Wench Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 14th May 2009 7:26pm
No way!! I see these dogs when I'm out with Tarot sometimes so I can see why nobody heard anything - very friendly dogs!! I'll keep a lookout for them.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 14th May 2009 7:29pm
total barstard
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 14th May 2009 9:28pm
Jubbley where the ally gates still locked?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 14th May 2009 9:41pm
Im with you! 'inside job' me wonders? I really really hope these dogs are found! I am propa fukt off to be honest bout this incident.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 12:20am
either way, they'll be sold on to a decent home, sorry to the owner but try and be compforted by this knowledge. The new owners are bound to be nice. unless they are in on it too :<
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 12:55am
Update is that we had the names of the ... that took them handed to us within half an hour of my first post. Troops mobilised fast on this one - in this life it's not what you know its who you know wink

Long story short is that it was the family of one of two that took them rang the dog warden pretty much straight away after finding out about it. It seems you can not always blame the parents ! The police tracked them down, the dogs are safe and with the warden at the council pound over night and can be collected tomorrow. Those that took them had been overheard saying they were going to hang them off a bridge so you can imagine the state we have been in. However the dogs were checked by a vet and found to be unhurt, thank the gods.

I just checked here to let you know alls well that ends well and my friend and I would like to thank you for your kind comments. My friend had cried all night and having allowed myself a cry of relief we are exhausted and off to bed. smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 1:05am
Thats great news jubbly happy
Posted By: Peachy Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 1:10am
Originally Posted by Sanchez
either way, they'll be sold on to a decent home, sorry to the owner but try and be compforted by this knowledge. The new owners are bound to be nice. unless they are in on it too :<

Your always negative, even when trying to be positive.

Glad everything is ok Jubbly smile
Posted By: topofthepops Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 2:20am
Fantasic news Jubbly! It made me cry when I read your post.

Please let us know how the dogs are when you get them back?
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 5:32am
This is a great positive outcome.I love happy endings.Well done to the person who decided on the right thing to do was to shop them. thumbsup
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 6:55am
smile smile smile smile
Posted By: Wench Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 10:45am
I'm SO happy they will be back where they belong!!! Brought a tear to my eye but don't tell anyone wink

Evil little scrotes, I'd like to hang them off the side of a bridge, see how funny they think it is then!! Well done to the person that shopped them clap That can't have been an easy thing to do, just a pity more don't do it!!

laugh Glad all is well.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 11:17am
Great news!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 11:50am
This happy ending has really cheered me up! I am made up. Plz let us know how the dogs are. Well done to the person who shopped them, the evil barstards
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 3:39pm
Fantastic news jubbly. happy
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 3:41pm
Originally Posted by Peachy_Pud

that was lookin on the positive of the negetive silly billy
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 4:02pm
Originally Posted by Peachy_Pud

that was lookin on the positive of the negetive silly billy

A big LOL goes out to you both tease
raftl
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 4:11pm
laugh
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 10:09pm
The dogs are safe but a happy ending ? Not so much. I am livid as I type this....

The police have 'retained the dogs for evidence' and the RSPCA is involved. A terrible injustice may take place but I dont think that legally I can say any more than that at present frown

I CAN say that the dogs are traumatised and filthy and she was only allowed to see them through the cages for a short while. She was not allowed in with them. The dogs howled in unison when she left.

They will be taken care of by the RSPCA in the interim which means them being seperated and held in kennels where they will be absolutely miserable apart, they are pack animals and devoted to each other. My friend is distraught yet again.

Gossip in the street has got back to us that the two that took them have been arrested but the police have yet to contact her so we don't know if that is true.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 10:29pm
RSPCA involved? OMG what are they going to charge them with if the dogs were unharmed.

Section 3 of the Imaginary Crime Act - Caught in the act of maybe thinking about possibly doing something.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 10:38pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
RSPCA involved? OMG what are they going to charge them with if the dogs were unharmed.

Section 3 of the Imaginary Crime Act - Caught in the act of maybe thinking about possibly doing something.
Are you quoting from 1984 or something???
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 11:07pm
No - 2020 with the 2015 ammendments
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 11:17pm
No, not charging THEM....HER. Not charged yet though and I will be horrified if they do. I can't tell you anything, I can't defend her, I am stuck legally I *think*. I don't want to say anything I shouldn't and make a ridiculous situation worse.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 15th May 2009 11:50pm
Jubbly, if theres any justice in the world than hopefully your mate will be reunited with dogs and can put all this behind her. I hope so
Posted By: Wench Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 16th May 2009 12:27am
That makes no sense Jubbly. They can't charge her with anything from what you've said. You obviously know more than we do, but if the RSPCA are involved and charges have been mentioned then there is obviously more to this than meets the eye so to speak think

I'm glad the dogs are "safe" and hope it all sorts itself out soon.
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 16th May 2009 1:12am
Rudebox thank you I do hope that real justice prevails here and not some pc box-ticking jobsworths ideal of justice.

PaganJay there is SO much more to this than meets the eye but little that can be said. It is frustrating the hell out of me and I guess I am just confusing people here. I think it is safe for me to say that there is some concern regarding the wellbeing and health of one of the dogs despite none regarding the other two. She has given a full explanation regarding the dogs alleged condition so now it is up to the RSPCA whether they wish to scrape something out of it all to bring a prosecution.

A decision has yet to be made. However, with the RSPCA you never know which way it will go or what they will come up with to justify this gross intrusion and borderline slander. The dogs are experiencing great distress right now being sperated from her and all in the name of protecting them. It just isnt right.

I have probably said too much...like I said...Livid...

and more than a bit exhausted by the past 24 hours events so it's off to bed for me. Thanks all for...well... just being there I guess. smile

Posted By: Wench Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 16th May 2009 1:18am
No worries Jubbly - that's part of what Wiki is about, being there smile

Sweet dreams honey hi
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 16th May 2009 7:33am
So.................
Reading between the lines here.........
Whoever took the dogs did so to protect them (rightly or wrongly) rather than hurt them?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 16th May 2009 7:55pm
Any furthur news?
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 4:04pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
So.................
Whoever took the dogs did so to protect them (rightly or wrongly) rather than hurt them?

Absolutely not. Clearly you can not read - between the lines or otherwise.

My previous posts clearly state that the persons who took them did so to "hang them off a bridge."

The dogs were seen by the owner in the council pound to be in a filfthy state AFTER their ordeal. If it helps to clarify the owner has video taken 24 hours previously of the dogs immaculately clean...

The dogs howled in unison when their owner had to leave - clearly distressed.

How on earth do you read into anything I have said - or between any lines - that they were taken from their owners property for their own protection ?

Posted By: Jubbly Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 4:13pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Any furthur news?

Hi RB I have been away for the weekend - which I frequently do - so not much to tell as yet no sorry. The policeman who dealt with us on thursday when they were taken had been in touch earlier today with the owner to advise that an arrest would be made today of one of those involved. It was him who advised that she could collect them from the council pound and he enquired how they were, assuming she had them back already.

This policeman is um...confused you could say... that they have not been returned. He has said he has to take a statement from the dog warden in connection with this anyway so perhaps can find out what exactly happened. We are just getting the info in dribs and drabs so have to see how this week goes.
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 4:19pm
Omg carnt believe that like how anyone would wanna rob such lovley dogs like that
Posted By: Peachy Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 4:20pm
Originally Posted by xxbad_babexx
Omg carnt believe that like how anyone would wanna rob such lovley dogs like that

Thats the reason people would rob them Jade, they are lovely dogs.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 4:35pm
Originally Posted by Jubbly
So.................

Absolutely not. Clearly you can not read - between the lines or otherwise.

My previous posts clearly state that the persons who took them did so to "hang them off a bridge."

The dogs were seen by the owner in the council pound to be in a filfthy state AFTER their ordeal. If it helps to clarify the owner has video taken 24 hours previously of the dogs immaculately clean...

The dogs howled in unison when their owner had to leave - clearly distressed.

How on earth do you read into anything I have said - or between any lines - that they were taken from their owners property for their own protection ?

Jubbly - please don't jump down my throat. The question mark is the clue in this - I was asking you a question NOT making a statement.

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 6:22pm
Thanks jubbly. I hope there ìs an arrest, charge + conviction. What kind of a sicko steals 3 dogs with intent to hang them off a bridge?! Beyond belief
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 8:09pm

Jubbly - please don't jump down my throat. The question mark is the clue in this - I was asking you a question NOT making a statement.

Softy_Southerner Your question was....

So.................

I am naturally wary of anyone jumping to conclusions given the gravity of the situation and the ongoing distress to all involved, including young children. I failed to comprehend how you came to the above question given the information available - and still do - although I trust my response answered your question.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 8:24pm
Hi Jubbly
I'm really sorry that I seem to have upset you.
I(wrongly) assumed that the threat made to these dogs was unconfirmed and that was why I asked the question.
I didn't mean to cause you or anyone else any further upset and can only offer a genuine apology which I hope you will accept.
Lyn
xx
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 8:37pm
Hi Jubbly
I'm really sorry that I seem to have upset you.
I(wrongly) assumed that the threat made to these dogs was unconfirmed and that was why I asked the question.
I didn't mean to cause you or anyone else any further upset and can only offer a genuine apology which I hope you will accept.
Lyn
xx

I am just so worried that her name will be dragged through the mud for something she just hasn't done and I stamped on the slightest suggestion of such - perhaps too hard. Apology totally utterly completely accepted and one of my own offered for being overly snarky. smile
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 8:55pm
happy
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 8:58pm
wow, i can belive this didn't turn in to a full blown argument, well done guys for handling this one in an adult mannor (SS & J)

p's' hope it all works out alright with the dogs,.
Posted By: Wench Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 8:59pm
Thank fook for that raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 8:59pm
Originally Posted by Wench

withthat raftl
Posted By: hoseman Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 9:21pm
fight handbag somad THEN.....bananalove
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 9:28pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
Is this the film version hose? You may just get a BAFTA for that...

Sorry offtopic
Posted By: marilyn Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 9:35pm
Originally Posted by _jase_
Originally Posted by Wench

withthat raftl
well done every one hope this one has a happy ending
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 9:36pm
wow, i can belive this didn't turn in to a full blown argument, well done guys for handling this one in an adult mannor (SS & J)

p's' hope it all works out alright with the dogs,.

Debate I love....arguements - not so much. Thanks for the good wishes I will update this as/when I get news. Its a strange situation and one that any of us could one day find ourselves in unfortunately, such is the chaotic state of the law these days.

Who knew a simple case of having your dogs stolen could get so complicated so fast ?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 18th May 2009 10:19pm
Ditto.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 19th May 2009 6:59am
Originally Posted by hoseman

I'd like to thank my manager, my producer.....................
wink
Posted By: hoseman Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 20th May 2009 8:00am
That was the Pixar trailer for the movie Miss!!
Disney wouldnt take me seriously enuf!! raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 20th May 2009 8:42am
Wow - Pixar have come a long way since...Wall-e
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 31st May 2009 3:58pm
Update?
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 31st May 2009 10:58pm
Hi RB. The good news is that last week one of those who took the dogs was arrested but the bad news is that they have given the police a story - that amongst other things - says that they admit to sole liability.

If at any time I find it is legally acceptable for me to tell you the "story" I will post it here for your derision and entertainment. Trust me when I say that logically and in the face of evidence to the contrary their story can not possibly be true. My personal comment on it is that such blatant attempt to deceive a police officer in the course of their duty is something that Should be liable for a charge of perverting the course of justice.

Things are still up in the air as far as the RSPCA are concerned and the dogs still haven't been returned. You can imagine the distress this is causing their owner and the owners young children.

I suppose suffice to say that the legal stuff is taking precedence at the moment so there's no real outcome until that takes its course. Thanks for asking though and I will update as and when I can. smile

Posted By: Jubbly Re: Three Huskies Stolen Today Wallasey - 21st Jul 2009 11:14am
Court case to be heard today. More news as and when.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral