Forums
Posted By: BultacoAstro Leasehold Bill - 30th Nov 2021 9:37am

Supertramp The Logical Song.
Morning.
Reading the News regarding the Leasehold Bill that all New builds of ground rent can only be paid with Peppercorn thoe its good News i believe Not gone far enough. A lot of people bought houses wear ground rent was low only to find out later there leasehold was sold and now Bill is in the thousand`s and rising.The Bill Should definitely included the Old as well as the New even if Home owner`s try and buy leasehold the Landlord ask for a huge amount as they wish to carry on milking the home owners of everything they can and keep there money flowing in ?
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Leasehold Bill - 1st Dec 2021 12:26pm
I understand flats being leasehold but If you buy a house it should always be freehold.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Leasehold Bill - 1st Dec 2021 2:50pm
The amount ground rent can go up is stated in the lease, only if the lease runs out can it change differently, it should not change because the land has been sold on.

If the lease hasn't run out then the terms of the lease can't be changed without agreement provided you are not in arrears.

Its well worth reading the terms of your lease if you think something has gone wrong.

When you buy a property the solicitor should specially highlight the terms of the leasehold and advise you if he thinks the terms are unreasonable.
Posted By: Longnails Re: Leasehold Bill - 5th Dec 2021 11:40pm
BA I thought it was the Freehold that was sold by the property developers, then when the buyers wanted to sell their house they found that they had to buy the Freehold back but often it was far too expensive! I remember reading an article to state that the Government were dealing with this matter!
Posted By: BultacoAstro Re: Leasehold Bill - 13th Dec 2021 10:29am
John Lennon Happy Xmas.
Morning.
You could be right was looking into buying a Freehold Pub unfortunately the majority of them had the ground on a lease. I always thought it was bad as got nothing in return for rent as was going to Change it to residential with Winter`s getting warmer.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral