Forums
Posted By: cools Sir David Amess - 18th Oct 2021 12:41pm
Following the tragic murder of Sir David Amess, which was horrific and so awful,the question of security is now being raised.
I think they should all invest in stab vests and wear them when out and about . Also their surgeries should be conducted with them behind locked doors and behind a screen with panic button.
All quite costly and extreme measures but in these horrible times necessary I think.
What a world eh, so sad!
Posted By: granny Re: Sir David Amess - 18th Oct 2021 10:48pm

I don't know what the answer should be, Cools. Many MP's don't seem to want all the protection that's on offer or suggested.
It's not even clear why the guy has murdered him.. What on earth did he think he would gain from such an horiffic attack on a man who was so highly respected ?

There's a lot of anger out on our streets these days, and apart from MP's leading by example and not calling their opposites by derogatory names, it's also time for the media to stop antagonising the public into reaction .Just as we don't want fake news, neither do we need their way of making everything controversial in an attempt to cause division.

Very sad and many thoughts for his broken family.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Sir David Amess - 19th Oct 2021 1:15pm
Everyone is sorry to hear of a stabbing like this, but I think we've had enough media coverage of it now.

And more than enough hand wringing from politicians with their own agendas on how to turn this death to their political advantage.
Posted By: keef666 Re: Sir David Amess - 20th Oct 2021 5:33am
My thoughts go to his loved ones,
But can we just think about everyone else in the country that has to go about their lives, and they don't have the luxury of police bodyguards, infact try and find a policeman/women?
They cut the police force down they have to live with it now!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral