Forums
Posted By: cools Emma Radacuna - 17th Sep 2021 8:53am
She is a brilliant , beautiful, and intelligent YOUNG lady , I emphasis young , 18.

Of course she needs to be congratulated and praised for her achievement but I’m afraid that she’s being put on such a high pedestal that it’s a big fall. The media seem obsessed with her and although she seems to be handling it well I would like them to back off a bit .
So many tv interviews and on all the glossy mags , it’s great but a lot for her young mind to take in. We’ve all seen how being thrown into fame and so much attention is too much and young people in these shows then crash and burn.

I’m not really a tennis lover but can appreciate talent and wish her all the best , she’s worked hard too get where she is , just hope she keeps grounded and goes on to win many more tournaments.
Posted By: granny Re: Emma Radacuna - 17th Sep 2021 10:26am

Morning Cools. In response , I feel much the same. It seems US have used her to full capacity for their own endeavours and self appreciation .
I was more than upset when seeing her at the Met Gala. She looked the best of the lot, but at 18yrs old, she shouldn;t have to be mixing in those drug riddled cirlces of celebrities who have nothing better to offer than their attachment to the casting couch, in most cases.
I dare say someone will have jumped in as her publicity manager, and taken a nice chunk of $'s.
Emma is amazing , and as a follower of tennis and hearing other players after their matches tell how tired they are, I think she should have beem allowed to return home to rest and to see her family, rather than all the photo shoots and cat walks.
Maybe she enjoyed the publicity , but I thought she looked very tired at the beginning of her final match.
Great girl..
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Emma Radacuna - 18th Sep 2021 3:33pm
Nobody can take anything away from what she has achieved, amazing. She has steadily been rising up through the ranks since 2018 and has really pulled one out the hat this year.

Lets hope she carries on enjoying her tennis, she's proved her ability and strength, financially set up for life, there is no point in wrecking your life ranking chasing unless you enjoy it.

To have two teens in the final is a real shake-up for the tennis world, especially when the men's tennis has so many zimmer frames on court.

Lets hope many other youngsters gain motivation out of this and realise that youth and inexperience isn't something that holds you back - go get those old foggys, run 'em down!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral