Forums
Posted By: mikeeb US Elections - 4th Nov 2020 1:53pm
McDonald Trump is a nut job. He is already stirring things up which may cause riots from his followers if he loses.
Trump on Twitter: "We are up BIG, but they are trying to STEAL the Election. We will never let them do it. Votes cannot be cast after the Polls are closed!"
The man is like a f**king baby.

I don't like Biden either, but if I had to choose, I would toss a coin, haha!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: US Elections - 4th Nov 2020 2:15pm
I don't like Biden but nothing could be worse than Trump.

The one and only thing Trump has done of good is to not be bombing the hell out of another country which is a first for the USA.

But despite the lack of Military action he has spent a lot more money on defence - which is good and bad. He's increased his internal market but to do this he has increased borrowing.

All the right wing Governments do the same, borrow, borrow, borrow then have the audacity to say the left would bankrupt the country. Why do people believe the lies, the numbers are in black and white from the Governments themselves. When they can't even cook the books to cover up their own lies then that is a fail on a fail - how many levels of failures makes them totally incompetent?

Despite all Trump's rhetoric, his growth figures are poor, again the Government's figures are available - look at them instead of listening to the rubbish that comes out of Trump's mouth.

The way the world is going I reckon they would vote for Ken Dodd if he were still alive.
Posted By: casper Re: US Elections - 4th Nov 2020 7:10pm
Bored to death with this circus now, the news has been taken over with it, we have our own buffoon here without importing one, however it does highlight how the word democracy begins to mean less and less, I fear for America if the results are very close.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: US Elections - 4th Nov 2020 10:11pm
It looks like Biden will win, just needs Nevada and Arizona, both are probables which will put him bang on 270. Last night I didn't think he'd win without one out of Florida, North Carolina or Texas and he failed all three.

But anything can happen yet!
Posted By: cools Re: US Elections - 6th Nov 2020 7:50pm
Trump not going quietly is he , keep him away from that big red button...very volatile over there and looking at trump's supporters I would be very worried if I was Biden , crazy people with guns, assassination springs to mind , hope not......
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: US Elections - 6th Nov 2020 9:08pm
He's just doing what he has always done, go to the courts, unfortunately the courts have pampered him in the past.

He will back down gracefully once every route of winning has been closed.

What is really bad is allowing his "followers" to think they can take matters into their own hands, he never was any good at denouncing anything bad.

I bet Bidden is in two minds at the moment, whether to sit back and let Trump make an even greater fool of himself. or declare the election to wind Trump up to screaming pitch.

What an embarrassment Trump is to the American people, much like another leader we know.
Posted By: granny Re: US Elections - 6th Nov 2020 10:53pm

I think Trump and his family have got a lot to hide, and know full well that he's /they are going to be found out if he's not crowned King again.

I wonder who he'll blame for interference ? Russia or China ?
Posted By: casper Re: US Elections - 7th Nov 2020 9:33am
Watched the son he has the same mannerisms, Trump always reminds me of Eddie Large when he does the fingers thing, Boris has been watching closely re the voting system, I'am just waiting for him to get a tan and appear with the first lady, or is it the eighth lady?
Posted By: mikeeb Re: US Elections - 7th Nov 2020 10:42am
Crowds outide the counting hall in Philadelphia and the tension is growing. This is McDonald Trump inciting this, and I don't see him condemning it if it all kicks off.
All the shops being boarded up in anticipation, National Guard protecting the City Hall and lines of police seperating the different supporters.
If and when he gets beaten, he will not go quietly, and I suspect we will see his true colours for his last few months in charge. He does have a lot of toys in that pram of his.
It doesn't look good for America at this time.
Posted By: casper Re: US Elections - 7th Nov 2020 11:48am
Well one positive thing can be said they take their politics seriously, I wish the same could be said here, we have had the same ner 'do wells in and out of the revolving doors from all parties, but frightening to see groups armed to the teeth wandering around as if they held some sort of authority, and the Donald loves it , a civil unrest will give him an"excuse to try and hold on to power, I fear for Biden as well he could well find himself a target of a disgruntled Trump supporter.
Posted By: Salmon Re: US Elections - 7th Nov 2020 4:56pm
Well Biden has won but when will Trump accept his defest if ever?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: US Elections - 7th Nov 2020 5:07pm
Civil war looms
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: US Elections - 7th Nov 2020 6:03pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
Well Biden has won but when will Trump accept his defest if ever?

Quite a few States have only been declared by the media, not officially.

Take Nevada, the difference at the moment is 25,699 but there are over 75,000 votes still to count. The last votes could have a military dominance which might favour Trump.

There are a fair number of States with less than 1% majority which Trump can automatically challenge.

There was a bug in one of the counting machines which is used extensively in other Counties, with so many close majorities things could swing.

Trump had a planned strategy before the elections started to legally challenge the mailing votes, we haven't seen his full cards on this strategy yet, he's just been stirring the waters so far.

Then there is the Senate vote, even-stevens at the moment with four votes remaining, it is generally thought the republicans will win the Senate which leaves Biden with very little power.
Posted By: karl1972 Re: US Elections - 8th Nov 2020 11:41am
Never mind god bless America it's god help America.
Posted By: granny Re: US Elections - 8th Nov 2020 12:39pm
Originally Posted by karl1972
Never mind god bless America it's god help America.

My sentiments too.... or God help the world.

Rememberance Sunday , and a future of what ? The man is clearly suffering from memory loss and I think he's dangerous.

Little point in remembering unless something is done to stop the wars . US don;t have a very good record with regard to combat and war of the last 200 plus years.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral