Forums
Posted By: granny Award for Corbyn ??? - 27th Aug 2020 9:41pm

Corbyn has been nominated for an award. Did he do something ?

MP of the Year Award.

Another nomination is Gavin WIlliamson

These 'Awards' are like hot cakes these days. They mean absolutely nothing any longer.

What do you think ?
Posted By: casper Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 28th Aug 2020 10:55am
Originally Posted by granny

Corbyn has been nominated for an award. Did he do something ?

MP of the Year Award.

Another nomination is Gavin WIlliamson

These 'Awards' are like hot cakes these days. They mean absolutely nothing any longer.

What do you think ?

Awards have become meaningless, mainly because of the old boy network of who you know not what you do, there are many many people in this country that richly deserve recognition but don't seek the attention or know the right people, I have great respect for those that have turned down honours and contempt for those that seek them, the celebrities and sports people that whine about not being honoured.
Posted By: cools Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 28th Aug 2020 11:51am
Well it definitely wasn’t for the best dressed politician and before anyone says it nor would Boris get it for this ha ..
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 28th Aug 2020 11:56am
Unlike many politicians, Corbyn is a busy man who doesn't do things for a photo opportunity. The media are scared of him and only publicise lies and rubbish about him.

Remember when they were accusing him of hiding away instead of being out on the campaign trail even though it was shown that Corbyn did more election events round the country than any other MP.

He's still doing his soup kitchen every week like he has done for many years.

When he wins awards the media (and others) then rubbish those same awards without even looking at the history and integrity of the awards.

In the mean time look who the Tories put in the house of Lords. Boris's brother who was obviously so well deserving that most people didn't even know he was an MP (which he was for only 9 years), no nepotism there then! Also of note, out of the 92 hereditary peers who are elected, not one of them is female, no old boys club there then!
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 28th Aug 2020 1:11pm
Originally Posted by DD
In the mean time look who the Tories put in the house of Lords. Boris's brother who was obviously so well deserving that most people didn't even know he was an MP (which he was for only 9 years), no nepotism there then! Also of note, out of the 92 hereditary peers who are elected, not one of them is female, no old boys club there then!

Definitely nepotism, and in plain sight as well.

I thought they were stopping any new peers getting a seat through the hereditary route.

Originally Posted by Cools
Well it definitely wasn’t for the best dressed politician and before anyone says it nor would Boris get it for this ha ..

Hahaha! laugh
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 28th Aug 2020 4:52pm
Originally Posted by mikeeb
I thought they were stopping any new peers getting a seat through the hereditary route.

There is a fixed number of 92 hereditary peers in the Lords, when one drops out the Lords elect another one from the 814~ hereditary peers.
Posted By: granny Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 29th Aug 2020 8:41am

Many of the awards are rediculous. Even the MBEs, OBE's, CBEs and Knighthoods are rediculous when we see most of those who are awarded and for what ? Some deserved, but others just nominated because they can be.
Its all become like a club for the stars of entertainment.

This MP Award of the Year is the most rediculous of all. Who is going to vote for an MP other than their own MP, who knows what other MP's are involved in, if anything. ? Increasingly I find politics being dragged into the arena of the school playground. These jobs should be taken at a level where 'awards' don't enter into it, and as we have elections for voting for our favoured local MP, surely that is enough ?

Flat Nose of the Year Award, Best Monkey Puzzle Tree Award, International Award , Award Day, (Best Award) Grrrrrr !!
Posted By: granny Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 29th Aug 2020 8:50am

I knew Boris's brother was an MP for years. Why didn;t other people. Same as Boris's father and sister .

Boris's dad was MEP and an employee of the Commission and the World Bank. If people don;t know these things, then they cannot blame anyone but themselves. All there to see.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 29th Aug 2020 4:00pm
I do find volunteer awards a bit hypocritical, but then so are awards given to people that are just doing the jobs they are paid for.

The whole of politics have been turned into a personality contest rather than political.

The most politically influential British politician is Farage, especially as has never really been in a position of power within the UK. I don't think many would put him up for any awards.

Who would I give awards to?

People off-the-street who put their lives in danger to save others.
Whistle blowers who put their careers in jeopardy to expose illegal activities.

Noting that an award and giving recognition are two different things - or at least should be.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 29th Aug 2020 4:47pm
I often find myself in disagreement with DD, but he's spot on in this case.

Corbyn suffered the usual character assassination doled out by the press and media to Labour leaderss who seem prepared to upset the comfortable life of the overly rich.

You have to have been a bit dim to believe much of it, but - guess what - 50% of the electorate is of below average intelligence, and believe everthing thiy are trained tobelieve.
Posted By: casper Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 30th Aug 2020 11:43am
Corbyn assassinated by the media, now the same media has turned some of its attention on its masters and they don't like it, and sadly some still believe it , as soon as we show any criticism toward the government the usual response is Corbyn would have made a bigger mess, how do these sages know this? we will never find out but its easy to say it , it must make them feel better for voting for this circus we have.
Posted By: doggod Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 19th Sep 2020 1:38am
well said, the british public voted for a thoughtless,brainless actor who cannot giveout a statement without an earpiece or a tablet to refer to. and the voters got what they deserve a buffoon with his terrified jesters all around him scared of losing jobs and the oppurtuity to dig into the money-bag that Coronavirus has created. old friends like Delloite (accountants) have a £460 million contract to supply test and trace since march or april with no definite results whatsoever,just a total waste of cash and in whose pockets is it in??? the totally incompetent G45 (got £45million for security at Olympic Games and grossly understaffed the army were called in to sort out mess,did they refund any cash,don`t think so), well they had contract for running drive through,car-park test centres. i think they tested low 100`s,the staff couldnt answer questions (same as telephone-tracers) they were not medically trained,abissmall. they picked up £360 million for their trouble. so when all the serfs get back to the grind the Sheriff of Nottingham will be taking a much larger share of whatever you have to scrape by on, Jeremy was set to make a big difference to peoples lives (his money tree was no different to anyone elses,the money is there as the two examples above show and this is during a lockdown), all the goverment has done during this pandemic has organised stuff and services around peoples fears and all other issues seem to have been swept aside and then suddenly Brexit arrives with a bang. i am unsure as to wether Cummings thought that enough misdirection had been created by lockdown and lockdown lifting here and there and new case numbers (all complete fantasy which i believe are generated on the Countdown numbers board) that could try and sneak another crazy move or was the Brexit-Bomb to distract from virus or some other huge bombshell yet to come. i really feel that the Bo-Jo voters have got everthing that they deserve
Posted By: casper Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 19th Sep 2020 8:34am
Originally Posted by doggod
well said, the british public voted for a thoughtless,brainless actor who cannot giveout a statement without an earpiece or a tablet to refer to. and the voters got what they deserve a buffoon with his terrified jesters all around him scared of losing jobs and the oppurtuity to dig into the money-bag that Coronavirus has created. old friends like Delloite (accountants) have a £460 million contract to supply test and trace since march or april with no definite results whatsoever,just a total waste of cash and in whose pockets is it in??? the totally incompetent G45 (got £45million for security at Olympic Games and grossly understaffed the army were called in to sort out mess,did they refund any cash,don`t think so), well they had contract for running drive through,car-park test centres. i think they tested low 100`s,the staff couldnt answer questions (same as telephone-tracers) they were not medically trained,abissmall. they picked up £360 million for their trouble. so when all the serfs get back to the grind the Sheriff of Nottingham will be taking a much larger share of whatever you have to scrape by on, Jeremy was set to make a big difference to peoples lives (his money tree was no different to anyone elses,the money is there as the two examples above show and this is during a lockdown), all the goverment has done during this pandemic has organised stuff and services around peoples fears and all other issues seem to have been swept aside and then suddenly Brexit arrives with a bang. i am unsure as to wether Cummings thought that enough misdirection had been created by lockdown and lockdown lifting here and there and new case numbers (all complete fantasy which i believe are generated on the Countdown numbers board) that could try and sneak another crazy move or was the Brexit-Bomb to distract from virus or some other huge bombshell yet to come. i really feel that the Bo-Jo voters have got everthing that they deserve

Harking back to the Thatcher years, after the fall from grace aka when they eventually got found out, you couldn't find anyone that admitted voting for them.
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 16th Oct 2020 7:50pm
When you elect a clown you should not be surprised to find him running a circus.
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 16th Oct 2020 7:53pm
Originally Posted by casper
Originally Posted by doggod

Harking back to the Thatcher years, after the fall from grace aka when they eventually got found out, you couldn't find anyone that admitted voting for them.

The thatcher years ....when soldiers were put into police uniform and ordered to attack miners fighting for the right to put food on their children's table.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 29th Oct 2020 1:56pm
I see Corbyn has been kicked out the Tory Party. Hopefully this will the final downfall of the Blairites.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 29th Oct 2020 2:56pm
I thought you were a Corbyn backer. What changed?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 29th Oct 2020 11:12pm
I thought you were a Corbyn backer. What changed?

Read again, carefully!
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 30th Oct 2020 10:02am
?
Posted By: bert1 Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 30th Oct 2020 10:56am
?

Mike, here's my view on DD being cryptic, he views this Labour leadership/party being no different to the Tory Party, hence Corbyn being removed from the Tory Party, he also views Blair's Labour being the same as Tories, therefore the downfall of those remaining Blairites.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 30th Oct 2020 11:41am
Very cryptic indeed.
Thanks, Bert. wink
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 30th Oct 2020 12:44pm
Here you can see Harold Wilson in 1972 being a left-liberal but Tony Blair and his ilk are grouped together with Thatcher in the right-authoritarian corner.

Attached picture blair-thatcher.png
Posted By: granny Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 24th Nov 2020 3:45pm
I'll give Corbyn one commendation.. he sided with the plight of the Palestinians.

I doubt many will be interested in this film, (approx 55mins long) but, it gives the history of the Palestinian Christians , now known as 'Israeli Arabs ' ; and their struggle since 1948 when their land was initially taken from them.
Oh how the world has been silent to the truth .....

40 “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”
41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it

Unfortunately , I can't post the video, but it can be accessed from the link under THE STONES CRY OUT . Click where it says ''now viewable on Vimeo. It's quite emotional in parts , and desperately sad.

https://peacemakers.ngo/blog/
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 24th Nov 2020 8:55pm
I'll give Corbyn one commendation.. he sided with the plight of the Palestinians.

Which became his downfall, the Zionists then had it in for him and their tendrils started sneaking out to engulf him

Then the other boot was stuck in when it was declared that anti-zionism was anti-semitic and everybody fell in line.
Posted By: granny Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 25th Nov 2020 1:48pm

It seems fairly obvious who the ring leader was , after there had been a fall out.

I did think you might have watched this film , DD. Foregone conclusion on here, that nobody else would want to see the truth as it happened.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 25th Nov 2020 4:16pm
The film shows that religion creates dangerous division which cost lives and well being.

The film only concentrates on the history post WW2 and ignores the period from WW1. It also appears to brush over the impact of other countries.

I really don't understand how Israel has any support for its continued military action against Palestinians and I am yet to meet a Jew that doesn't condemn the way Palestinians are treated. However I have met many "Christians" that support Israel.

Its a holy mess - literally.
Posted By: granny Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 25th Nov 2020 11:39pm
It was initially nothing to do with religion . Purely land grabbing ( and still is) . Over 400 palestinian villages and small towns were cleared out , many recodred as 'atrocities' or 'massacres' .
The Palestinian Christians and the Muslims lived in harmony .
This is a relatively recent documentary, and interviews those who are first hand witnesses after 1948. Many who were transported as refugees, or fled to become refugees or were never allowed to return after the Infatadas , and many who lived through the two world wars, probably are no longer alive or are scattered between Lebanon, Syria and Jordan. Others still in camps and the land that belonged to their families for generation on generation has been taken , buried and built on , or produce from the olive groves and figs now belong to Israel.
I know a couple of Jewish friends who won;t give the time of day to any Palestinian , but had those Palestinians , Chrisitian or Muslim (now referred to as ISraeli Arabs) been treated differently from the onset, I dare say things would have been very different. Occupation in their own land and more recently road blockages to prevent them traveliing from Bethlehem to Jerusalem without a military pass, is inhumane.
I also know of another British Jew who brags about his relations belonging to Irgun and killing the British... !! The same person condemns terrorism . Work that one out . I suppose it depends on where the terrorism happens.

As time passes, things become more inflamed, but as one Church official said in the documentary , there cannot be peace for one without peace for the other. As another witness said, the Christians who are left will leave eventually if things don;t change, as they have no life . Then it will probably become a religious war if there's ony the Palestinian Muslims left.

I wish Crobyn had not got back into the party. He could have been more use away from it, along with your pal.. what's his name. (?) Actually, we could hope, but no one listens . The powers that be command silence or obstruction.
Personally I have no beef with any Jewish person, they can't be held responsible and many do object to Israeli policies, but they too are kept silent.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Award for Corbyn ??? - 26th Nov 2020 1:30am
It was initially nothing to do with religion . Purely land grabbing ( and still is) .

And not genocide?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral