Forums
Posted By: mikeeb Black lives matter protests - 8th Jun 2020 12:13pm
These protests are getting out of hand. We knew there would be some agitators amongst them and this was bound to happen.
I understand the movement but when the peace is broken it can very quickly turn into a riot.
Attacking the police is not on, what else can they do? They're between a rock and a hard place and what happened in London is disgusting.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Black lives matter protests - 8th Jun 2020 4:41pm
I think any large protest, however worthy the aim, is likely to attract a small number who are just out to cause trouble, throw things, damage things etc. They show a complete lack of respect. The acts they commit taint and devalue the cause which they claim to support - but of course that's what gets the headlines. Some protests were well run, well behaved, well distanced, and powerful. Some of the others - well, don't get me started on the complete lack of social distancing in some places!
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 8th Jun 2020 8:46pm
They are wanting the statue of Cecil Rhodes removed from Oxford University now and probably a few more besides. This is not 'Black Lives Matter' . Obliterate the memory of the salve trade if they wish, but it won't help the situation today.

I do find it rather odd that these trouble makers causing criminal damage, throwing bricks and bicycles, breaking the nose of a horse, throwing fireworks and bottles , creating unrest within civil society, injuring policemen, are referred to as 'thugs'.

The same type of people were and still are referred to as 'Freedom Fighters' in Syria, by the West ! Supported by the West and financed, trained and protected by the West, including the UK.

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 8th Jun 2020 9:25pm
As I saw stated elsewhere .... if they found their houses were built with slave-trade related proceeds, would they wouldn't knock them down. Its always easier to destroy other people's property.

I hope prosecutions come out of this.

I'm not quite sure what any of these protests in this country are hoping to achieve, what is their objective, what outcome do they want?

To the Government its a welcome distraction away from their poor handling of CV-19 and will also be a handy excuse if we have an early second wave.
Posted By: keef666 Re: Black lives matter protests - 9th Jun 2020 5:44am
So they pull a statue down of a slave trader, because it offends them, so when there tribes sold them to the Europeans and took them to their own countries to use as slaves,[ something man has done since the dawn of time!] and over the years they were freed, and in time then became Rap stars, Actors, Generals and other high ranks, CEO'S of the boards, Singers, Writers,Comedians , Millionaires etc etc would they still have that if they had been left alone?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 9th Jun 2020 7:07am
Originally Posted by keef666
So they pull a statue down of a slave trader, because it offends them, so when there tribes sold them to the Europeans and took them to their own countries to use as slaves,[ something man has done since the dawn of time!] and over the years they were freed, and in time then became Rap stars, Actors, Generals and other high ranks, CEO'S of the boards, Singers, Writers,Comedians , Millionaires etc etc would they still have that if they had been left alone?

Nah, I don't think that argument works. If we hadn't of interfered they may have progressed faster than us.
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 9th Jun 2020 8:42am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Nah, I don't think that argument works. If we hadn't of interfered they may have progressed faster than us.

The Egyptians certainly progressed faster than we did, and taught us a great deal, but it was also a land of enslavement for the Hebrews !!

Nigeria were trading across the Middle East and Africa 1100 BC.
Posted By: BultacoAstro Re: Black lives matter protests - 9th Jun 2020 8:55am
Black Sabbath WAR PIGS
Noticed they targeted Sir Winston Churchill with Graffiti i wonder how they would fair under the Gestapo and SS if we had a lesser man as PM in 1940 believe they might not even Exist if Hitler got his 1000 year Reich.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 9th Jun 2020 9:08am

I'm sure it wasn't intended but that could be read as a white supremacy statement ....

"Where would you blacks be if us whites hadn't whipped you into shape"

Take care.
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 9th Jun 2020 9:46am
Apparently saying all lives matter is racist remark made by people who don't fully understand what it's like to be black, so saying all human beings are equal is racist?
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 9th Jun 2020 10:03am

Looks like once again we are about to be gagged into silence. It's happened before with Israeli's and the Jews, now it will happen over Blacks , Africans, and Asians, but they will be allowed to continue their racist remarks that the likes of Diane Abbott and others blurt out, and Muslims will be protected from hate speech, illegal migrants allowed to reap all the rewards.

Where does that leave us ? Christians , and not necessarily white Christians : Does anyone raise this issue ?

Annual report January 2020, states there are 260 million Christians being persecuted world wide. An increase of 6% on last year.
Although those figures are connected to physical persecution , there is also persecution of other types too, including online persecution.
Just saying !
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Black lives matter protests - 9th Jun 2020 10:05am
History is history and taking down statues doesn't change it. If you think about it, there will be hardly any statues left if this continues.
It was a thing of the past that was acceptable back then and should not be forgotten.
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 9th Jun 2020 1:52pm

To the Government its a welcome distraction away from their poor handling of CV-19 and will also be a handy excuse if we have an early second wave.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly DD,the usual Tory tactic point the finger at someone else, I think the early easing of lockdown had that factor in mind, if a second wave should come.
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 9th Jun 2020 2:11pm
Just been reading some remarks and advice on twitter re BLM ,apparently the mounted police have charged children with their horses, arrested 12 and 16 year old's, purposely kept people kettled until public transport had stopped, they are giving advice to those arrested not to cooperate with police, so much for peaceful protest, I can see this escalating now the fuse has been lit and those with a personal axe to grind taking advantage, anyone remember PC Blakelock?
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Black lives matter protests - 9th Jun 2020 3:37pm
Originally Posted by Casper
I can see this escalating now the fuse has been lit and those with a personal axe to grind taking advantage

Coudn't agree more. I feel sorry for the police, they are bolloxed no matter what they do. If they intervene they are attacked, if they do nothing they are criticised for doing nothing, they are in a no win situation.
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 9th Jun 2020 11:13pm

Sadiq Khan is ordering a commission to review statues, change of street names, and buildings. What a tw-t !!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 10th Jun 2020 10:50am
He always was a complete nutter. I won’t be watching formula one any longer until Hamilton gets knocked off his perch.

It’s all so self-defeating, it would have been called censorship by the same people that are promoting this ,... except for sadiq Khan, he wants everybody to live in a little 2ft x 2ft religiosity cell, complete nutter.

It’s going to get worse, after years of being punished by Tory governments, this is the touch paper for general unrest. We’ve been a bit late, other countries started a year ago.

We are the 5th richest country in the world and we are closing public facilities, we have been robbed blind by our own Government, wake up people.
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 10th Jun 2020 11:00am

Are you also inciting unrest against the Government of the day , DD ? Be careful what you wish for , you well know what can happen with a such a mix of issues all at the same time .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 10th Jun 2020 11:14am
I am stating the inevitable, it’s happened before and it will happen again.

I don’t approve one bit, the fault is the greedy people who believe a Tory government will make you richer. How much evidence do they need, not satisfied with robbing your money they are robbing lives as well.
Posted By: cools Re: Black lives matter protests - 10th Jun 2020 12:41pm
The weathers changed, is that the governments fault DD seeing everything else is according to you!
Posted By: cools Re: Black lives matter protests - 10th Jun 2020 12:58pm
Somehow these protests and actions need to be stopped , if changes need to be made so be it.
I'm disgusted at the anarchy involved in all of these demonstrations and I can only see it inciting far right groups to start recruiting and then what , civil war! You can see it on social media starting to rev up.
Although I enjoy my social media to a point , it's got alot to answer for.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Black lives matter protests - 10th Jun 2020 2:03pm
Agreed cools, the far right will not like this and tensions will just rise further. Especially if they keep ripping every statue up.
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 10th Jun 2020 5:14pm
Originally Posted by mikeeb
Agreed cools, the far right will not like this and tensions will just rise further. Especially if they keep ripping every statue up.

BLM don't help themselves, I have noticed they all all seem to be giving the clenched fist black power salute, so much for equality, defacing memorials, violence, inciting people to defy the police, if we wish to speak about equality, the police, lost no time in dispersing picket lines numbering over 6 and using extreme measures and violence against trade unionists you remember the enemy within, remind me again which government was it..
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 10th Jun 2020 6:35pm

Should our Police Officers 'take the knee' ?

Personally, I say no, as if the police bend too far backwards they'll never get back on their feet again.. silly US ideas being brought over here, and to repeat what DD said in a previous post, 'what exactly do they want ' from all of this. It won't change anything much, they'll still get arrested if they do the wrong things.

I see Gladstone Hall, Liverpool University is to be renamed. The only PM to be elected on 4 occasions !
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 10th Jun 2020 7:10pm
Originally Posted by granny

Personally, I say no, as if the police bend too far backwards they'll never get back on their feet again.. silly US ideas being brought over here, and to repeat what DD said in a previous post, 'what exactly do they want ' from all of this. It won't change anything much, they'll still get arrested if they do the wrong things.

I see Gladstone Hall, Liverpool University is to be renamed. The only PM to be elected on 4 occasions !

Well it makes you wonder granny, whether they will still get arrested,I think the police will have a reluctance to engage in case they are accused of racism, I have watched a number of these so called police shows over the lockdown, and in a lot of them black people involved appear very hostile to the police, in some cases accusing them of racism because they dared to stop them, I read a quote made apparently by a black man "black lives only matter when they are killed by a white man" think about it.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 10th Jun 2020 9:02pm
Originally Posted by cools
The weathers changed, is that the governments fault DD seeing everything else is according to you!

The weather is not the Government's responsibility, our money and our well-being is. But the average Tory voter loves soundbites like yours which have deep political meaning, so deep that I can't fathom what it has got to do with politics.
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 10th Jun 2020 9:24pm

Originally Posted by casper

Well it makes you wonder granny, whether they will still get arrested,I think the police will have a reluctance to engage in case they are accused of racism, I have watched a number of these so called police shows over the lockdown, and in a lot of them black people involved appear very hostile to the police, in some cases accusing them of racism because they dared to stop them, I read a quote made apparently by a black man "black lives only matter when they are killed by a white man" think about it.

I think the police will be on the back foot to be honest .

Just read up on BLM Movement. Interestingly , it is funded to the tune of $100million by Open Society Foundations. Whose philanthropic agency is that ? George Soros !
Posted By: Longnails Re: Black lives matter protests - 10th Jun 2020 9:53pm
I was disgusted when they defaced Winston Churchill! Setting the union Jack on fire was a total insult to all the men who lost their lives in the 1st and 2nd world war! Peaceful protests I understand but not anarchy.
It has been suggested that Winston Churchill was a white supremacist but how true this is I'm not sure!
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 11th Jun 2020 8:24am

Let's be honest, Longnails, they can find fault with just about anyone who has had a position of authority. Isn't that what anarchism is based on ?

I am expecting the Liverpool Slave Trade Museum to be closed. How can it be acceptable to make money off the back of slavery ???
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 11th Jun 2020 9:18am

Let's be honest, Longnails, they can find fault with just about anyone who has had a position of authority. Isn't that what anarchism is based on ?

I am expecting the Liverpool Slave Trade Museum to be closed. How can it be acceptable to make money off the back of slavery ???

Well this what happens when you have the tail wagging the dog , councils in a panic (in some cases) removing statues or street signs, yet don't have the resources to empty litter bins or cut the grass, paedophile gangs allowed to operate because the councils and the police are afraid to upset certain minorities, is this policing by consent? we will only police if you allow us.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Black lives matter protests - 11th Jun 2020 11:34am
Good point Casper .I totaly agree with you on that one.

Our kids lifes matter.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Black lives matter protests - 11th Jun 2020 12:18pm
This is from a Guardian article from Joseph Harker.
"If I hear one more white person say “Black Lives Matter” I think my head will explode. The slogan, powerful when first popularised by black people after the shooting of Trayvon Martin in 2012 in the US, has now become so ubiquitous as to have lost almost all meaning. A way for people to endlessly repeat “I hate racism” while doing nothing to actually stop it.

White people, I assume you don’t like the idea of other people being treated as inferior just because of the colour of their skin. But that’s such a basic sentiment that you shouldn’t be giving yourself a buzz from saying it."

It is statements like this which is why I wouldn't get involved because a lot of people will just say, you are white, you don't know what it is like. He says "A way for people to endlessly repeat “I hate racism” while doing nothing to actually stop it"
Well what the f**k is this that they are doing? If it is nothing, I'd hate to see what doing something looks like.
I suspect the tensions will hit boiling point and explode.

Here is the full article.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/11/black-lives-matter-racism-bristol-colston

Granny, the slave museum is free. How do they make money?
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 11th Jun 2020 2:25pm

My point is as bizarre as any other for removing statues and monuments and yes, it is free, as most museums are now. But the tourist industry promotes it and it is used as a tool to bring visitors into Liverpool, where the council benefits financially.

Another bizarre point is the removal of Baden Powells' statue because his mother was Henrietta Grace, daughter of Admiral William Henry Smyth whose earliest known Smyth ancestor was a Royalist American colonist . FFS !!

Let's get rid of Victoria's statues because she had an Indian servant, and Queen Elizabeth's statues, because she is head of the Commonwealth countries. It goes on and needs to be stopped in it's tracks .

Let's see what happens this weekend,, I'm sure ' Britain First' or others will be making plans.
Posted By: cools Re: Black lives matter protests - 11th Jun 2020 2:40pm
Allready starting to get groups trying to stop it getting took down . The world going backwards instead of forwards...Different times , it seems they want to erase all of history.

Attached picture IMG_1152.JPG
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 11th Jun 2020 3:10pm
Good on them, Cools, although I doubt they could manage an onslaught of opposition, but well done to them anyway .

Changes afoot, . Nigel Farage been exited from LBC today. So it looks like I said, that we will be gagged and silenced. I'm not saying he was always right, but he did bring issues to the public domain and without his contributions we would have been none the wiser, because MSM seldom report on such things these days , and BBC are happy to remove Matt Lucas for offensive material to the black community .

Personally, I have not any issues with colour, race or creed but I do have issues when the country is turned upside down due to one man being murdered in USA.
It's all beginning to feel a bit one sided and unnecessary .

Has it been organised by outsiders ? I would say a big fat YES.
Posted By: cools Re: Black lives matter protests - 11th Jun 2020 3:25pm
I heard Nigel commenting on LBC and he was saying that BLM originates from an organisation intent in bringing down the police force and authorities. Can't remember all the conversation but he was slammed for saying that , then he said something on Good Morning Britain whilst being interviewed by Peirs Morgan who jumped on it and wouldn't let Nigel get a word in blowing the comment up. I used to like Peirs but am going off him. It's crazy times we living in now, I can see a lot of trouble brewing up between white and black groups ,as I say we going backwards ,beam me up Scotty!
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 11th Jun 2020 6:42pm
Originally Posted by cools
I heard Nigel commenting on LBC and he was saying that BLM originates from an organisation intent in bringing down the police force and authorities. Can't remember all the conversation but he was slammed for saying that , then he said something on Good Morning Britain whilst being interviewed by Peirs Morgan who jumped on it and wouldn't let Nigel get a word in blowing the comment up. I used to like Peirs but am going off him. It's crazy times we living in now, I can see a lot of trouble brewing up between white and black groups ,as I say we going backwards ,beam me up Scotty!

I think its fair to say that this is creating more problems than it solves, people are actually being divided into groups, we have one group demanding that we remove certain figures from history because they were involved in the slave trade, I was brought up in the time of casual racism, derogatory words for blacks or other ethnics were part of everyday life, some comedians made a living with racist jokes, that's how things were at the time, but things have progressed, but now we are being made to feel guilty because of times gone by, as granny said which statue next? the more extreme the further apart people become, not because of race or colour because of the fear of violence and intimidation and the lack of intervention by the police, the police should be seen as upholders of the law and not kneeling down or standing back to pacify a crowd or be" politically correct".
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 11th Jun 2020 6:59pm
I don't watch Piers much at all and don't particularly like him but whether he is right or wrong on things, at least we a have a journalist that is prepared to openly challenge.
Posted By: cools Re: Black lives matter protests - 11th Jun 2020 8:09pm
That's why I like him DD and he makes me laugh but lately he seems to have gone really bad and uses up time by just concentrating on one point like a dog with a bone and doesn't really give the person a chance to reply. Nigel Farage said to him quote" and you wonder why no one will come on your show Piers" unquote.
Posted By: cools Re: Black lives matter protests - 12th Jun 2020 11:24am
So ridiculous all this about statues and things, Penny Lane street name blacked out and calls for bins to be placed so you can throw any copies of Beatles song Penny Lane in apparently.. Statue of Black Actor , poet and playwright Alfred Fagan damaged with bleach like substance. It's got to be stopped put plaques on if need be telling more about person but leave the statues be and things be.

Attached picture IMG_1155.JPG
Posted By: cools Re: Black lives matter protests - 12th Jun 2020 11:26am
Alfred Fagon statue damaged, black actor.

Attached picture IMG_1156.JPG
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Black lives matter protests - 12th Jun 2020 12:53pm
There are calls to ban Gavin and Stacey now ffs. When will it end? Because this is just getting out of hand.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 12th Jun 2020 7:43pm
This is absolutely nothing to do with slavery, if it was they would be trying to promote the history of slavery, not hide it.

This is nothing to do with racism because if it was they would be fighting abuse and crime not encouraging it.

It is a mixture of general civil unrest, the usual thugs jumping on the bandwagon and a number of politicians trying to prove how short sighted they are.
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 13th Jun 2020 8:27am
This is absolutely nothing to do with slavery, if it was they would be trying to promote the history of slavery, not hide it.

This is nothing to do with racism because if it was they would be fighting abuse and crime not encouraging it.

It is a mixture of general civil unrest, the usual thugs jumping on the bandwagon and a number of politicians trying to prove how short sighted they are.

Maybe they should take their side show, to some of the African nations where children are starving and their is a lack of basic facilities, and their governments look after themselves first, we have inequality here, but it doesn't just apply to blacks or ethnics, so we are equal in that respect, racism is wrong we know that and understand, but this is causing more divisions, students that want to demonstrate against anything, yet understand nothing, the middle class who want to be part of the scene and the rabble rouser's who have their own agenda, and finally the right wing thug's to add to the mix = civil unrest, to carry on will gain nothing only maybe to spread a virus that is draining the country both in lives and money.
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 13th Jun 2020 10:21am

Maybe they should take their side show, to some of the African nations where children are starving and their is a lack of basic facilities, and their governments look after themselves first, we have inequality here, but it doesn't just apply to blacks or ethnics, so we are equal in that respect, racism is wrong we know that and understand, but this is causing more divisions, students that want to demonstrate against anything, yet understand nothing, the middle class who want to be part of the scene and the rabble rouser's who have their own agenda, and finally the right wing thug's to add to the mix = civil unrest, to carry on will gain nothing only maybe to spread a virus that is draining the country both in lives and money.

Agreed, Casper . Bored people in lockdown wanting any excuse to escape their 4 walls. They seem to have forgotten that their ancestors are still suffering in different countries , worldwide. Still subjected to horrific violence and slavery, murder , starvation and war . They might not all be black , but certainly BAME populations . I hate categorising people into groups, but they do it to themselves in an attempt to be the victims of an overall fairly equal democracy in this country with access to all civil liberties, education, medicines but clearly doing the wrong thing in society is expected to be excused . Will this stop them carry knives, guns and drugs ? No, because that is in all of society , but maybe black communities should be made exempt from being subjected to arrest or even questioning ? Is that the answer ?
The black woman yesterday who kicked off because police asked her where she lived. Well, I saw the original footage and she was downright rude ,argumentative and lacking the ability to allow the police officers to explain the situation to them, which was connected to another investigation in the same street as hers . But the media portrayed her as the victim, because it's media who rattle the cages.

But with your post above , I am trying to understand your rejection to Yemenis and the suffering they have been subjected to, when I posted a letter written to the Western world about their situation from a lady from Yemen, on the advent of Covid 19 and lockdown. about their situation . Your response was anything but sympathetic for humanity !
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 13th Jun 2020 11:45am

Agreed, Casper . Bored people in lockdown wanting any excuse to escape their 4 walls. They seem to have forgotten that their ancestors are still suffering in different countries , worldwide. Still subjected to horrific violence and slavery, murder , starvation and war . They might not all be black , but certainly BAME populations . I hate categorising people into groups, but they do it to themselves in an attempt to be the victims of an overall fairly equal democracy in this country with access to all civil liberties, education, medicines but clearly doing the wrong thing in society is expected to be excused . Will this stop them carry knives, guns and drugs ? No, because that is in all of society , but maybe black communities should be made exempt from being subjected to arrest or even questioning ? Is that the answer ?
The black woman yesterday who kicked off because police asked her where she lived. Well, I saw the original footage and she was downright rude ,argumentative and lacking the ability to allow the police officers to explain the situation to them, which was connected to another investigation in the same street as hers . But the media portrayed her as the victim, because it's media who rattle the cages.

But with your post above , I am trying to understand your rejection to Yemenis and the suffering they have been subjected to, when I posted a letter written to the Western world about their situation from a lady from Yemen, on the advent of Covid 19 and lockdown. about their situation . Your response was anything but sympathetic for humanity !

Well I never thought we would agree on something granny, about the black community being exempt from arrest or questioning, do they want to be equal or a special case or above the law?

I am not making an excuse here but I honestly can't recall what my comments were about re the Yemen ( I get mixed up with the days sometime), but obviously they didn't sit well, I would like to find the post if I could and maybe give you a better response or explanation.

As to the media, they print what sells papers, to either the right or left readers, as I have said before on these police type programs it always appears that blacks and ethnics have a problem with being stopped by the police, they are either very rude or aggressive, sometimes surrounding the police as if to intimidate, the police are in a fragile position, which in turn affects their ability to police without being accused of racism.
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 13th Jun 2020 12:33pm
The way I see this BLM issue , certainly in this region and probably many others, is we are tolerant of black and mixed race communities.
We in the North West and Liverpool region have grown from birth with black communities and I must be fair when saying that racism was greater back in the early days of my childhood by the previous generation. Those times have long past and for the life of me, I cannot see this country being a major culprit any longer, although we do object to illegal migrants and refugees who seem to find protection here in UK. However, there are different reasons for objections to a constant influx of those who are not really entitled to be here.
France is a different place and extremely racist, as are other European countries such as Poland .
There will never be complete equality, the same as equality amongst the white population will never be equal. There is and always will be someone in a better situation, with a better lifestyle, and a better family support group etc. But that's the way of life for everyone and to make it a racist issue is complete nonsense .
I have a black friend, a neighbour from the ethnic minority, and a Venezuelan brother -in- law and I don't see any of them with dissatisfied issues in society, and I don't see them as any different to anyone else, but if I said I have no time for my brother in law, or my neighbour because of their character, would that make me racist ? Some might jump to incorrect conclusions .

As it happens they are all lovely 'people'..

Posted By: cools Re: Black lives matter protests - 13th Jun 2020 1:07pm
Well it was bound to happen far right groups now starting to rampage. Poor police , think they nay have to bring army in , although I know that would incite it even more.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Black lives matter protests - 13th Jun 2020 3:58pm
"Various groups from around the country, including right-wing activists, said they had come to London to protect symbols of British history.

Hundreds of mostly white men gathered around the Cenotaph war memorial in Whitehall and the boarded-up statue of Winston Churchill in Parliament Square.

There were a number of clashes with police in riot gear as crowds chanting "England" and raising their arms surged towards lines of officers."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53031072

Jesus christ, the police are being hit from all sides now. I really feel sorry for them now.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 13th Jun 2020 5:16pm
I though our Police were symbols of British History - if so why were the police getting attacked by them? Ah, I forgot, these are just thugs and vandals not political activists.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Black lives matter protests - 13th Jun 2020 5:42pm
I though our Police were symbols of British History - if so why were the police getting attacked by them? Ah, I forgot, these are just thugs and vandals not political activists.

That's why I feel sorry for them DD. They are being attacked by thugs and political activists. They are in a difficult position trying to appease both sides, and still get attacked.
Posted By: cools Re: Black lives matter protests - 13th Jun 2020 6:01pm
I really don't get how they can say Covid-19 is racist! I know it has affected the BAME people a lot worse than white people but that disease Sickle Cell does as well surely it's something genetic .
Posted By: locomotive Re: Black lives matter protests - 13th Jun 2020 7:52pm
Why is it presumed that white people are racist, in the70s I used to work with two men from India, who wouldn't speak to each other, if one was using a tool that the other needed, he would ask me to ask if he could borrow it off the other, and I would have to pass it to him, they were both different castes from the same area, and people blame us for being racist. Rubbish. I thought they were both nice men just couldn't understand their logic.
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 14th Jun 2020 9:28am

Google have blacked out Sir Winston Churchill.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 14th Jun 2020 9:36am
Followed by this ! Not a good enough explanation because I've never seen blacked out google images before . It does make one wonder who exactly is at the back of all this.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 14th Jun 2020 9:49am
Much of Google’s stuff is pulled from Wikipedia which anybody can edit. Someone has played a little trick like renaming the image.
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 14th Jun 2020 10:02am
Looks like the far right is taking centre stage along with other groups, some mention of a football associated group mentioned, these groups were responsible for the attacks on police at one point breaking through and attacking photographers, its about time the government woke up, should there be any serious civil unrest then the police will be unable to cope, they need to be proactive and send in snatch squads, its not as if they are strangers to it, I'am sure if they were strikers and trade unionists the numbers would be there and the law rigorously enforced.
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 14th Jun 2020 11:01am

Move on a few months to the darker nights, this issue is almost certain to rear it's ugly head again.

Far right , far left, but surely the way to cap this is to make it illegal for gangs of youths to be congregating and causing disruption within their own communities .

All that evolves from those incidents , is the police getting involved, the kids being so called 'picked on' and the black communities raising up in defence of their kids.

The black communities seem to have a great deal of resources directed to them. If they don't want to engage or be educated, there's nothing anyone can do.

One of my cousins was a Prison Officer in London , his two children went to the local school and they were the only 2 white children in the whole of the school . I suggest that many schools are the same in parts of London , so I can't see racism being part of their daily lives or the kids being intimidated in that environment.
Over 300 different languages are spoken in London schools, so neither do I view that the black, Asian, and ethnic races are being forgotten about .
We can see the way it's going, because once again, everyone is bending over backwards to accommodate the protestors .

Triggered by the middle class anarchists and black elitists, and handed over to the lower realms to fight the battles , and take the rap, whilst the initiators watch from the balcony.
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 14th Jun 2020 11:10am

Originally Posted by locomotive
Why is it presumed that white people are racist, in the70s I used to work with two men from India, who wouldn't speak to each other, if one was using a tool that the other needed, he would ask me to ask if he could borrow it off the other, and I would have to pass it to him, they were both different castes from the same area, and people blame us for being racist. Rubbish. I thought they were both nice men just couldn't understand their logic.

That will be the next issue on our streets. Religion ! and it will be major IMO, and religious leaders should stay out of politics. In fact they should be banned. As a country we can be too tolerant , give an inch and they take a mile. We never learn from history do we and we need to look at the world as it is right now ?

We can't even control a protest very well, so I don't hold out much hope for controlling tens of thousands religious fanatics !
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 14th Jun 2020 11:12am
Over-compensation always causes problems.

The whole thing is encouraging racism, "Black Lives Matter", "White Lives Matter", what is the difference other than you risk being prosecuted for saying one of them.

"Gay Pride", "Straight Pride" is another.

All segregation should be discouraged not encouraged, it took years for women to get the vote, be let into certain clubs etc in this country. We have fought against discrimination and now its being encouraged again by the very people who are claiming to be doing the opposite.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Black lives matter protests - 14th Jun 2020 12:53pm

Google have blacked out Sir Winston Churchill.

[Linked Image]

The image is now back. I suspect someone was being naughty to instigate a response rather than Googles explanation.
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 15th Jun 2020 8:30am
We watched a repeat episode of Peter Kays car share last night, in this episode one of the characters is doing a shop promotion dressed as a blackcurrant, they stop for something to eat and she blacks up her face in the toilets as they are late for work, outside they are passed by a few black lads, it maybe best to watch the episode, anyway what do you think? racist, racist overtones, or does it highlight how an innocent mistake can be interpreted as racism.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 15th Jun 2020 11:00am
I totally fail to see why painting your face any colour has anything to do with racism, emulating is not automatically insulting. But it shows the thoughts of the people that do find it insulting!
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 15th Jun 2020 12:43pm
I totally fail to see why painting your face any colour has anything to do with racism, emulating is not automatically insulting. But it shows the thoughts of the people that do find it insulting!

My thoughts exactly, people looking for any excuse to cry racism, one of my all time favourites, it ain't half hot mum, was removed because an Indian character was portrayed by a white actor, yet that portrayal was so true to life, you could see it day to day in the various ports, the clearing of the throat, the spitting and the annoying beetle nut globs everywhere, so it looks bad for prince charming in Cinderella, has he got to be a man?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 15th Jun 2020 2:28pm
blackcurrant

How long before they have to change that name? Is the word "black" going to totally eradicated from the English language? Blackboards are still blackboards as far as I'm concerned.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Black lives matter protests - 15th Jun 2020 3:53pm

Agreed on the blackface issue though. Although it can be used offensively, most of the time it isn't, like a white person going in fancy dress, let's say, as Mr T.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 15th Jun 2020 5:19pm
So is the word "plank" to be banned then because that is commonly used as an insult?

How can you censor a word when it can easily be replaced by another one.

I just don't get any of it. I understand abuse, I don't understand what makes racial abuse any different from any other abuse. Abuse is wrong never mind if there is a prejudice or not, why make it so complicated by sub-categorising it ad-infinitum.

I doubt anyone can be 100% racist, sexist etc, just like I doubt anyone can be 0% racist, sexist etc.

Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 15th Jun 2020 9:45pm

Seeing the queues outside Primark today (not here , other places) one has to wonder why people who pull down and deface statues and support BLM are hoping to shop from clothing companies that use modern day slavery. Primark use India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and China !
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 15th Jun 2020 9:47pm

Agreed on the blackface issue though. Although it can be used offensively, most of the time it isn't, like a white person going in fancy dress, let's say, as Mr T.

Why have so many black stars ( possibly others) tried to change their complexions to white. That's racist !

Michael Jackson and sisters seemed to introduce that. It wasn't his skin pigment... what a load of nonsense.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 15th Jun 2020 11:35pm
Why have so many black stars ( possibly others) tried to change their complexions to white. That's racist !

How about someone purposefully tanning themselves either naturally or artificially? Same thing?
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 15th Jun 2020 11:45pm

How about someone purposefully tanning themselves either naturally or artificially? Same thing?

No it's not, because our skin goes naturally brown in the sun. Yours might not, some people go lobster colour, but generally they will at some point have a tanned skin of one degree or another .
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Black lives matter protests - 16th Jun 2020 8:17am

No it's not, because our skin goes naturally brown in the sun. Yours might not, some people go lobster colour, but generally they will at some point have a tanned skin of one degree or another .

I am of the lobster variety, but having a white skin that goes brown could be said to be having the best of both worlds.
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 16th Jun 2020 9:19am

Michael Jackson and sisters seemed to introduce that. It wasn't his skin pigment... what a load of nonsense.

What a crazy world indeed black kids want to be white , white kids want to be black init bruv.
Posted By: Fidelio Re: Black lives matter protests - 16th Jun 2020 9:29am
Are there any black people on Wikiwirral who could give us their opinions on this topic?
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Black lives matter protests - 16th Jun 2020 12:00pm
Originally Posted by Fidelio
Are there any black people on Wikiwirral who could give us their opinions on this topic?
Well said Fidelio. It is obvious no black person has commented as of yet.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 16th Jun 2020 2:28pm

By "artificially" I meant either by fake-tan or sunbeds, neither of those could be called the slightest bit natural. It is intentionally changing the colour of the skin by artificial means, the same as Jackson did.

What's the difference between fake-tan and face-blackening?

(you may guess where I am heading next)
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Black lives matter protests - 17th Jun 2020 1:18pm
Afraid this stuff eventually gives me a horrible headache. I work on the principle of folk being good people to know - or not - what packaging they come in doesn't matter.
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 23rd Jun 2020 8:32am
Well it appears saying or writing white lives matter could soon be illegal, according to some of the press, this is related to the aircraft flying a banner, a spokesman said blm has a legitimate cause due to the historical abuse and victimisation of black people and the response of wlm is a rejection of that message which makes it far right and racist, mmm.

As much as I dislike the Tories I have to agree with Dominic Raab on taking the knee, the working class have spent a lifetime trying to get off their knees, all this is being agitated by football and sport, it looks like we are are racist if we say wlm or refuse to kneel, as Moonstar said you take people for who they are as a person not what colour they are.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 23rd Jun 2020 9:19am

1 You make assumptions.
2 They aren’t at your beck and call
3 Why should they identify themselves?
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Black lives matter protests - 23rd Jun 2020 1:02pm

1 You make assumptions.
2 They aren’t at your beck and call
3 Why should they identify themselves?

1, Yes we make assumptions.
2, No one said they are.
3, No one said they should.
4, If there are any black wiki members, we would like to hear their views. It is not a demand DD.
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 24th Jun 2020 9:24am

The Justice Secretary, Robert Buckland confirmed that the government is looking to introduce designated laws design to protect memorials and target those who vandalise them.

Members of Parliament are set to put forward proposed legislation this week.

Robert Buckland said there is ‘no justification’ for writing political slogans on the statue of Winston Churchill or climbing atop the Cenotaph to burn the Union Jack.

MPs are pushing for new legislation to state that those who vandalise memorials specifically should receive a sentence of up to 10 years.

The Justice Secretary said: “This means that a vandal who breaks into a cemetery and destroys 9 headstones worth £500 each can only be sentenced to 3 months imprisonment. This can’t be right, especially when so many of our memorials are modest and of little monetary value. But they clearly have enormous symbolic value, which is not something that can be measured in pounds, shillings and pence.”
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 24th Jun 2020 9:45am
Nooooo, don’t introduce yet another segmented law, just change the sentencing on the existing laws.
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 24th Jun 2020 3:30pm
It's all okay now the police have investigated and no offence has been committed re the banner, the police investigated, really it is getting so ridiculous, reading some comments online allegedly made by a member of the police force, they have been advised to show solidarity with blm by taking the knee, this is not mandatory but those that don't could affect the health and safety of themselves and those with them at any disturbances, it could also affect their
chances of promotion, sounds about right, it reminds me days gone by, those that don't wish to attend church parade, grab a brush and shovel and fall in over there.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 24th Jun 2020 4:56pm
They couldn't possibly to come to any other conclusion about the banner. Legally "black lives matter" and "white lives matter" are identical terms, they can't prosecute one without being forced into prosecuting the other.

This is a win and a loss, the win is the equality, the loss is that both expressions are racist and yet apparently legal.

There is nothing wrong with saying "Lives Matter" or "George Floyd's Life Mattered" but as soon as you are segregating by the colour of skin, that is racist .... or at least what is called "racist" which usually is not the case, the colour of your skin does not govern your race nor your ethnicity.

The authorities are perpetuating racism and other discrimination by using terms like BAME, LGBT etc etc. Drop all these terms so all can be treated equally and have the same protection in law.

We have the same problem in education where certain groups are identified as under-performing - how discriminatory is that!!!! All under-performing students should be treated equally.
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 24th Jun 2020 6:10pm
They couldn't possibly to come to any other conclusion about the banner. Legally "black lives matter" and "white lives matter" are identical terms, they can't prosecute one without being forced into prosecuting the other.

This is a win and a loss, the win is the equality, the loss is that both expressions are racist and yet apparently legal.

There is nothing wrong with saying "Lives Matter" or "George Floyd's Life Mattered" but as soon as you are segregating by the colour of skin, that is racist .... or at least what is called "racist" which usually is not the case, the colour of your skin does not govern your race nor your ethnicity.

The authorities are perpetuating racism and other discrimination by using terms like BAME, LGBT etc etc. Drop all these terms so all can be treated equally and have the same protection in law.

We have the same problem in education where certain groups are identified as under-performing - how discriminatory is that!!!! All under-performing students should be treated equally.

Well put DD, all these groups scream out me, me, me, all desire special treatment, a place at the front of the queue, the more fuss they make about wanting to be accepted, wanting to fit in the more conspicuous they make themselves, being outrageous and flouncing about with their arse hanging out of their trousers doesn't sit with the I want be accepted.
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 25th Jun 2020 5:39am

Prince Harry is jumping on the band waggon.. obviously under instruction. She probably thinks this will be their forte in life now. Pretty fast moving career she's having, acting, public speaking, voice overs, politics (wants to be President or married to one ??) story time and BLM.
She must be drawing in the $ millions .... and I don't think.

Harry backs move to ban 'Sweet Lo, Sweet Chariot ' song at England Rugby matches !

I think he's a lost soul or he's lost the plot atm. They're trying very hard to keep their names in lights but seem to be getting overshadowed by William and Kate, which in all honesty is probably a PR job.
Unfortunately , every time Harry hits the headlines, there's another reason why he's digging a bigger hole , and will soon fall in head first when nobody is looking or listening.
I thought Royalty were not allowed to be political, and this certainly is political . He is still a Prince at the end of each day.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 26th Jun 2020 8:53pm
From one discriminatory event to another, its Pride day tomorrow.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Black lives matter protests - 27th Jun 2020 12:01pm
From one discriminatory event to another, its Pride day tomorrow.

No doubt more mass gatherings planned, makes you think there is no lock down at all.
Raves, BLM protests, beaches heaving and Liverpool fans going mental.
The gatherings will continue if the police cannot do anything about it. Let's face it, lock down is 'unofficially' over.
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 27th Jun 2020 6:26pm
Reading comments on social media re the Liver buildings, apparently the fireworks were fired at the buildings, because Everton were associated with them in some way and the colours red white and blue displayed for forces day were mistaken by the morons for Everton support if you have seen the video the rockets are aimed at the blue part, so now we have another case for discrimination, simple minded supporters calling anyone who dare criticise events as blue shite perhaps it should mean blue lives matter.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Black lives matter protests - 28th Jun 2020 3:10pm
simple minded supporters calling anyone who dare criticise events as blue shite perhaps it should mean blue lives matter.

Hahaha! Nice one Casper. Blue lives matter indeed, hahaha!
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 15th Jul 2020 6:10pm
I see on the news a statue of blm protester Jen Reid has replaced the statue of Edward Colston in Bristol, the statue was allegedly placed there without permission, it features a sculpt of Ms Reid complete with beret and gloved clenched fist raised ( reminiscent of the black power movement of the sixties), and was placed there in the middle of the night, one affront replaced by another.
Posted By: cools Re: Black lives matter protests - 16th Jul 2020 8:08am
Been removed and so it should.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Black lives matter protests - 16th Jul 2020 9:17am
The odd thing I can't understand is that the original statue of Robert Colton had supposedly caused anger and offence for Bristol residents for quite a long time.

If that's the case why didn't they complain sooner? And why even live in a town surrounded by buildings put up on the profits of slavery?

It would be like being an Everton fan and living in the shadow of Liverpool FC and then complaining about all the reds.

I will stand by and support every cause that helps equality and tolerance, but I can't help wondering if some people are just offended because the populus or the media tells them to be.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Black lives matter protests - 16th Jul 2020 9:31am
Whatever the deeper meanings, it was a great publicity stunt for the artist - massive media coverage! The statue was removed not for what it was, but because it had been put up wthout permission. If Bristolians decide that's what they want, fair enough, but proper consultation is needed. Otherwise 'guerilla statuary' would be popping up all over the place - not quite as manageable as a Banksy on a wall! If they're going to put Colston's statue in a museum with an explanation, then that would be a good place for the new one - a sort of 'before and after' exhibit.
Posted By: cools Re: Black lives matter protests - 16th Jul 2020 10:12am
It reminded me of that drama series that was on tv awhile ago , Noughts and Crosses...
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 16th Jul 2020 10:42pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
I will stand by and support every cause that helps equality and tolerance, but I can't help wondering if some people are just offended because the populus or the media tells them to be.

True but not forgetting the small number of people putting in a lot of effort to find new ways they can be offended.

My general philosophy is that if it didn't offend you yesterday then there is no reason it should offend you today.
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 29th Jul 2020 7:00pm
It seems to have gone quiet on the BLM front, just wondering what comment they might have had on all the recent shootings and knifing's amongst black on black incidents, or do they only comment when it involves a white person.
Posted By: granny Re: Black lives matter protests - 3rd Aug 2020 9:34am
You haven;t seen this then, Casper ?

https://upnewsinfo.com/2020/08/02/who-are-secretive-british-protest-group-forever-family/

The least they could have done was to ALL wear black face masks, be they sparkly, or painted, studded or plain !
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Black lives matter protests - 3rd Aug 2020 11:12am
It was good that it was mainly a peaceful protest but what is with the military style marching and attire?
All that organising, masks and vests with FF Force logos will not be cheap.
It would be interesting to see who the benefactors are, and funding all this.

Nigel Farage "‘Terrifying scenes in Brixton today. A paramilitary-style force marching in the streets.
This is what the BLM movement wanted from the start and it will divide our society like never before."
Posted By: cools Re: Black lives matter protests - 3rd Aug 2020 2:16pm
This is why Nigel Farage got taken off LBC radio , he stated on air about there being a very dark side to BLM and where it originated from. It's scary stuff I can only see it fanning the flames between the far right and them , it's a shame as a lot of innocent people who just want to get on with life will get caught up in it. As if we haven't got enough problems with Covid.....
Posted By: casper Re: Black lives matter protests - 3rd Aug 2020 8:55pm
I didn't think it would take long, as soon as the black berets and the gloved fist appeared, no go area's soon policed by ff militia akin to the paramilitaries in NI no good will come of it, especially if the police pussyfoot around afraid to intervene, I had BLM down as an insidious organisation from the start.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Black lives matter protests - 5th Jan 2022 10:24pm
Acts of vandalism appear to have been made legal. Regardless of the reason the Colston Statue was toppled, the people that toppled it should have been found guilty, it would then be up to the judge to determine the sentence and degree of mitigation.

So does this mean I can demolish the Liver Buildings tomorrow without any repercussion?

Or all works of art picturing Satan can be destroyed?

The jury was wrong and I am disgusted that the judge did not overrule them. The jury was not there to judge the statue, racism or history they were there to judge criminal damage.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Black lives matter protests - 7th Jan 2022 1:48am
At least some good came of it.....

Link
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Black lives matter protests - 8th Jan 2022 5:34am

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Black lives matter protests - 8th Jan 2022 3:22pm
Hahaha.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral