Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper £60,000 Death Payment - 27th Apr 2020 5:40pm
The £60,000 payment for the death of NHS workers through Coronavirus is wrong on every level, all it does is expose the Government for the way it thinks. It isunfair and insulting to many other people, amongst other problems.

I strongly object to my taxes being used like this.
Posted By: casper Re: £60,000 Death Payment - 28th Apr 2020 7:18am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
The £60,000 payment for the death of NHS workers through Coronavirus is wrong on every level, all it does is expose the Government for the way it thinks. It isunfair and insulting to many other people, amongst other problems.

I strongly object to my taxes being used like this.

Early hush money, before many take action against the government for breaches of the PPE regulations and the governments failure to ensure their safety at work, and ignoring guidance from the HSE.
Posted By: keef666 Re: £60,000 Death Payment - 28th Apr 2020 9:13am
Hush money indeed, other wise why isn't everyone else who died from it getting it
Can someone tell me why we are having a minutes silence today, when the virus hasn't been beaten yet, i would have thought it better to have the whole World fall silent when its all over and done with, which could be sometime next year!
Posted By: granny Re: £60,000 Death Payment - 28th Apr 2020 9:31am

The world is likely to fall silent anyway, do we really know what is ahead of us ? I don't think we do, and certainly not when we see the food poverty and starvation in so many other countries and rising . Bad now, and a lot worse to come, but the world is responsible to help if there is any humanity left. Something else to be challenged by the media and tax payers and the MP's and the people who find their lives basically untouched .
The other option of course, is a few more wars to enable the resources to be built up again by arms sales. Just like what happened previously.

Is there any proof that the NHS staff who have died from Covid 19, actually contracted the disease in the hospitals. Some will have but maybe not all.

How many Care Staff have died from the same, do we know ?

It really doesn't matter what is offered in any capacity, it will always be rebuked and challenged and never enough.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: £60,000 Death Payment - 28th Apr 2020 8:20pm
Death in service benefit....?
Posted By: granny Re: £60,000 Death Payment - 29th Apr 2020 8:47am
Originally Posted by fish5133
Death in service benefit....?

Absolutely, for many. A relative dies last December , her 'Death in Service Benefit' came to over £300,000. She was no high flyer either .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: £60,000 Death Payment - 29th Apr 2020 7:11pm
NHS in-service death benefit is two times previous years income or two times pensionable income (adjusted) for the highest year in the last ten years, whichever is higher.

To get £300,000 you would have to earn around £150,000 at some time in the last ten years.
Posted By: granny Re: £60,000 Death Payment - 29th Apr 2020 8:40pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
NHS in-service death benefit is two times previous years income or two times pensionable income (adjusted) for the highest year in the last ten years, whichever is higher.

To get £300,000 you would have to earn around £150,000 at some time in the last ten years.

Well, I can assure you she did not earn anything like that, not even a third , and she didn't work for the NHS.
Posted By: granny Re: £60,000 Death Payment - 29th Apr 2020 9:02pm
Maybe she had a life insurance policy too.. which I would have thought most people would have.

Money supermarket says :

You can use life insurance to top up your death in service benefit – for instance, if you earn £30,000 and you have a death in service benefit worth four times your salary – or £120,000 – you could take out a life insurance policy worth £180,000 to give a total pay-out of £300,000, or ten times your income.
Posted By: BultacoAstro Re: £60,000 Death Payment - 3rd May 2020 8:25am
David Bowie Life on Mars
The Government has Promised everything to the Kitchen sink at the beginning of Virus would love to see wear they are finding there Money as they keep saying we are leaving in December. Thinking would we even Notice as the food has gone up and i noticed certain stuff has totally disappeared from shops. What scares me is the American Dept 24 Trillion and rising and last time i looked it was 21 Trillion. It never goes down totally believe they would start WW3 to wipe all dept.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: £60,000 Death Payment - 5th May 2020 3:03pm
They are printing money under the guise of quantitative easing.
Will they be able to reabsord that extra money they are printing?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral