Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Project Fear III - 29th Dec 2018 7:21am
At last the media are giving some credence to the reality of a no-deal Brexit being a much better option than probably any other deal the EU will agree to. Hopefully Project Fear III will come to a grinding halt.

There is very little to fear from a no-deal Brexit other than the amount of disinformation that will be spread around and the financial markets doing a short hiccup (which they WANT to do because that is how they make money out of nothing).

The EU will continue to trade with us, they aren't going to leave their crops lying on their fields, they are not going to close the VW plants down etc.

We will not have to pay the EU £39bn, however I can see us paying some some sort of sweetener mainly out of diplomatic good will.

We will be able to trade with the rest of the world without the EU imposed levies etc.

Shock horror but we will still lead the world with human rights just like we did before we joined the EU.

Both us and the EU have already got most of the required contingencies in place, at our borders the EU aisles will have to have some changes and more staff employed.

The UK will leave the Irish border open.

Ireland will also leave the Irish border open.

The EU will agree to a technological/administrative soft border at Ireland after wetting their pants for a while (this may be paid for with our sweetener mentioned above.

Both the EU and UK will have a visa-free visitor passport arrangement as most countries do, probably 6 months. There will also be the usual visa arrangements, both already have these in place for many other countries.

Both the EU and the UK will agree to have existing residents stay within restrictions that have already been negotiated.

We will re-instate our fishing rights in our own waters, if Spain, France etc want access to the they can pay for those right, the EU has made it very clear that is normal in other markets.

The price of our food will come down as will the price of other goods including cars.

We will close our borders to immigrants that don't meet the asylum criteria, we will have a points based system for immigrants workers we wish to be in the country.

What's not to love?
Posted By: casper Re: Project Fear III - 29th Dec 2018 8:44am
And then you woke up DD.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 29th Dec 2018 9:42am
Originally Posted by casper
And then you woke up DD.

Nah, I'm still awake, can you see any holes in the argument?
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Project Fear III - 29th Dec 2018 9:44am
What's not to love?

The sheer shameless tribalism, nationalism and selfish xenophobia which pervades your post?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 29th Dec 2018 9:50am
Nationalism is a lot better than the total mess that globalisation has caused?

Humans are naturally tribalistic.

I fail to see anything xenophobic?
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Project Fear III - 29th Dec 2018 10:21am

Hahahahaha!
Posted By: casper Re: Project Fear III - 29th Dec 2018 2:33pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
And then you woke up DD.

Nah, I'm still awake, can you see any holes in the argument?

As ever DD,you put forward a logical senario of what could or may happen, however unlikely, it reads like it was written by the good fairy of brexit, the reality I'am afraid will read a lot differently.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 29th Dec 2018 3:36pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator

Hahahahaha!

As usual, because I have put forward an argument that you cannot find a response to, in both responses in this thread you have resort to trolling me instead of sticking to the subject. I will take that as a sign that you cannot find fault with what i put forward.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Project Fear III - 29th Dec 2018 7:58pm

Hahahahaha!

As usual, because I have put forward an argument that you cannot find a response to, in both responses in this thread you have resort to trolling me instead of sticking to the subject. I will take that as a sign that you cannot find fault with what i put forward.

I can think of no better response to the three nonsensical statements you have spouted apart from laughing at them. Come on, DD. You must see the funny side of "I fail to see anything xenophobic" after a long and ill-informed rant about teh benefits of pulling up the drawbridge to protect little England.

"The price of our food will come down as will the price of other goods including cars."

Oh yeah? How the hell is that going to happen when the pound goes through the floor? It is falling as we speak, and I think when we leave you'll see out trade deficit plunging from the deep hole its in now to an abyss! Imports will cost a HUGE amount more.

You say (as if its a fact!)

The UK will leave the Irish border open.

Ireland will also leave the Irish border open.

The point is that this cannot happen unless exactly the same tariffs exist on both sides. After a hard brexit the EU will be compelled by WTO rules to impose the same tariffs on us as they do on all other countries outside the EU. (I bet you didn't even know this is a WTO rule!) . Once these tariffs are in place a border and customs posts follows like day follows night. If you want a simple analogy think of locks on a canal. If the water is on the same level both sides, they can be removed. If they are different, and you remove the locks all the bloody water runs from the high side to the low side.

I'm not wasting my time going through your post point by point. They range from irrelevant, to just plain wrong.

I can't see a hard brexit happening. MPs can be greedy, venal. selfish and craven, but they are not generally stupid which is why opposition to a hard brexit is something all sides are united in. It will not happen. You should be rejoicing not moaning about it! They will be doing their job and protecting you from your own folly.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 29th Dec 2018 10:17pm
WTO sets a ceiling tariff ie a maximum tariff, it does not set a minimum tariff (otherwise trade agreements would all be in breach of WTO rules). The EU can agree a free-trade, reduced-tariff or zero tariff agreement with us without any intervention from the WTO.

As the balance of trade between the EU and the UK is grossly in the EU's favour, if they hit us with tariffs and we reciprocate, the EU loses out. In the car industry alone the EU has a £30bn/yr surplus on the balance of trade with us. Further more we can use the money gained from the tariffs without intervention from the EU.

The UK has stated it will not close the Irish border, Ireland has stated it will not close the Irish border. Just because there are disparate tariffs does not force a physical border. I continued to say that the EU would come to an arrangement on the border but you failed to include that in your quote, it is highly unlikely that it would be a physical border. We already have non-physical borders around the EU, in fact I can travel to and from a non-EU country without a passport or visa.

There is already disparate taxation between Northern and Southern Ireland, that's why everybody crosses the open border and buys their washing machines in Northern Ireland, it is nothing new, its been happening for years.

The only reason the pound will fall significantly is because the finance markets want it to, and the pound will recover soon afterwards because the finance markets will want it to. They make huge profits out of movement of prices, they don't like stability. Trade is not going to stop over night, it would be far too punishing to the EU as well as the UK, we already trade quite happily with many other countries without any trade agreements as indeed the rest of the EU does and much of the rest of the world.

There is no unknown abyss, this is normal day-to-day trading that we already do with many other countries.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that only 25% of VW's manufacturing plants are in the EU.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Project Fear III - 31st Dec 2018 10:10am
The reason the pound will fall is that our trade balance will get a hell of a lot worse due to the departure of our very profitable services sector and the manufacturing that was set up by global companies to supply the whole of Europe. Nissan, for example, makes all the electric 'Leaf' vehicles for Europe here.

They will leave because it is the only way they can remain competitive, and the result will be that we will import MUCH more than we export.. We do already by around £80 billion a year we can expect this to double or treble at least - it may go as far as ten times this., (Makes the £39 billion we've agreed to pay the EU look rather trivial by comparison)

The result of a large increase in this will be that we will be seen as living on tick, and our currency will no longer be seen as credible. It will go down in value. This is due to the country buying more than we sell and no the whim of speculators.

The fact that only 25% of VW's manufacturing plants are in the UK is interesting as it demonstrates how easy it would be to move production to a new plant in - say - Romania where labour is cheap. The same is true of other manufacturers like Nissan who will also see the benefits of a brand new more efficient factory in a low-cost country. Particularly as the EU promotes this under their objective one policy of getting poorer countries supplied with decent infrastructure and employment.

"Just because there are disparate tariffs does not force a physical border."

Pure nonsense. There would be nothing whatever to stop you or me buying a van and smuggling bottles of wine or whisky or anything else across it! How are you going to stop this? Employ a minister to shout "Technology" at the stream of white vans?

A no deal brexit would be catastrophic. Fortunately it now seems pretty unlikely despite the government's feeble sabre rattling! Liam Fox let the cat out of the bag yesterday by pointing out that when May's referendum is rejected by parliament. brexit becomes a 50-50 business. I think its a lot less likely than that. Either the government will revoke article 50 or a referendum will be arranged and that will result in a revokation.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 31st Dec 2018 6:11pm
"Just because there are disparate tariffs does not force a physical border."

Pure nonsense. There would be nothing whatever to stop you or me buying a van and smuggling bottles of wine or whisky or anything else across it!

The EU hasn't got unified VAT rates, Luxembourg at 17%, Hungary at 27% and both in the Schengen area.

The UK and Eire aren't in the Schengen area, we don't have open borders with Schengen countries.

As I stated before, I can travel to and from a non-EU country without a passport or visa, there is nothing new about potentially leaky borders.

Think about this instead of throwing comments like "Pure nonsense" which keep backfiring on you.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Project Fear III - 1st Jan 2019 1:50pm
If its OK for me to smuggle wine across, why is it not OK for a large commercial operator to buy tariff-free solar panels - say - by the thousand in the low tariff side of the border and smuggle them across?

If you have vastly different tariffs (the whole point of brexit) you will need to enforce them with customs.

Both the UK government and the EU sees the need for a border if the tariffs are different both sides of the NI border, so I suggest you visit Brussels and No 10 and explain why they have it wrong. Or indeed to learn from both that you are wrong.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 1st Jan 2019 3:12pm
Its hardly a secret that Brussels has many things wrong.

I see the European Army build up is well on its way to going ahead, this of course includes nuclear weapons which effectively gives Germany nuclear weapons again even though they are banned from doing so.

Its all a build up to a super power which will be the United States of Germany .... or possibly more correctly the German Republic Union. We ignored this before WW2, it is happening again. There is only France standing in the way and I'm not sure they even realise that.
Posted By: casper Re: Project Fear III - 5th Jan 2019 2:43pm
I see Prince Harry is to be off to Norway to join our Royal Marines in an exercise to thwart any possible Russian invasion of Europe,for what little or no difference they would make, as we are back to being a contemptible little army again, looks like a case of sabre rattling or more likely a distraction from the current fiasco of brexit, we should be more concerned with the Irish who seem to be shaking the stick.
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Project Fear III - 9th Jan 2019 4:32pm
Not sure opinion should be in the news section.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 9th Jan 2019 6:09pm
Originally Posted by Littlebear
Not sure opinion should be in the news section.

Is that your opinion? wink
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 13th Jan 2019 1:50pm

So, what the heck is likely to happen now. Dominic Grieve and John Bercow have really put the cat amongst the pigeons. Do you think it was a wise move ?

Im fearful that there's about to be a massive fall out if Bexit is binned altogether, and at the same time another vote, or a General Election. Specifically, Corbyn has been manipulative through all of this to overthrow the Government, and that's not a democratic policy to deliberately go against the people's majority in this country, it has nothing to do with his opinions on what's good or bad for the country. because so far Labour have not come up with any alternative option .

If May extends the leave date, then that will be the end. The end of the Tories, the end of Labour, and in come a new party already formed from behind the screens.. yes ?
Posted By: venice Re: Project Fear III - 13th Jan 2019 2:17pm
I think theres a strong possibility that the EU will come up with some very trivial almost irrelevant addition /amendment , that will be dressed up 'big' by them and Mrs May , to give some of the wavering MP's a 'face saver' to about turn and vote for her on Tues.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 13th Jan 2019 6:08pm
Originally Posted by venice
I think theres a strong possibility that the EU will come up with some very trivial almost irrelevant addition /amendment , that will be dressed up 'big' by them and Mrs May , to give some of the wavering MP's a 'face saver' to about turn and vote for her on Tues.

+1

There is nothing good about the current deal and its not even complete, so the same problems are going to arise later at another date except we will have even less negotiation power.

No deal Brexit has now been effectively scuppered, not so much by Bercow but the rest of parliament except I think some minds have worked out that its not as effective as believed.

Other than that it is opening up the gates to remain, possibly through another referendum and after two years of project fear influencing the electorate.

The hopes that a more even distribution of wealth are gradually being scuppered - as usual.
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 13th Jan 2019 11:25pm

I don't think Brussels will come up with anything. The harder they make it now for us, they know we are on a long road going to nowhere, and they don't want us to leave the EU anyway. It's their best option to keep us in the EU .

Why did Corbyn ( and others) go scuttling off to see Barnier a couple to three months ago. What was he hoping to achieve ? We don't know, which would indicate that his secret mission was to make a different deal with EU, or configure a plan as to how we have ended up where we are today .

Main point being we have to leave now, as UK would always be last in pecking order if we stay. Punishments administered could be worse than No Deal Brexit ! Just my thoughts.
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 14th Jan 2019 12:30am

If Corbyn get his General Election, and should he win, all those 'remainers' in London who have been beating their drum for so long now, will not be happy bunnies !
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Project Fear III - 15th Jan 2019 12:30am
May .. looked like the strain was taking its toll. Perhaps secretly she hopes not to be PM anymore. Labour wont achieve anything with Brexit either. Many off Mays gang will not vote to save her. Looking like further filibustering to extend the withdrawal .
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 15th Jan 2019 1:08am
Originally Posted by fish5133
May .. looked like the strain was taking its toll. Perhaps secretly she hopes not to be PM anymore. Labour wont achieve anything with Brexit either. Many off Mays gang will not vote to save her. Looking like further filibustering to extend the withdrawal .

She is indeed, but so would anyone.

Farage was saying that he's convinced it will go to another referendum.. If so... Bring it ON.

AND now things are beginning to kick off : Dear Anna won't like this...

Petition to get Anna Soubry deselected as an MP yes clicking up at a rapid rate !

https://www.change.org/p/theresa-ma...creating-divisions-in-the-brexit-process

This petition was stated 11 months ago and all of a sudden has become prominent . Maybe it's not active any longer. I thought they only had 6 months on them. Although there's nothing to say that.
Posted By: cools Re: Project Fear III - 15th Jan 2019 2:17pm
Saw Farage talking was it This morning show? I think he was hinting at forming another party as ukip has got out of hand and saying he would fight on for Brexit. I think he would get a lot of support.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Project Fear III - 15th Jan 2019 9:22pm
All fun and games at Westminster. May defeated, Corbyn about to be defeated. So a vote of no confidence in the Conservatives but would you vote in the confidence that Labour can achieve any better deal? Think we will just see a change of Cons leadership which doesnt guarantee anything either.
Posted By: venice Re: Project Fear III - 15th Jan 2019 9:54pm
There may yet be an extension where EU offer a little something . What a shambles
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 15th Jan 2019 10:32pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
All fun and games at Westminster. May defeated, Corbyn about to be defeated. So a vote of no confidence in the Conservatives but would you vote in the confidence that Labour can achieve any better deal? Think we will just see a change of Cons leadership which doesnt guarantee anything either.

I think Corbyn would have preferred to hold off until May got defeated again on Monday, May knew this so laid down the gauntlet which forced Corbyn's hand.

The EU hierarchy has gone into meltdown - everybody else knew what the result of today's vote was going to be, are they really that much out of touch?

Obviously Corbyn hasn't been able to negotiate with the EU as yet but I don't particularly like the sound of the Labour proposal, there will probably be far too many strings attached which gives the EU legal power over us.

Its all gradually getting stalemated, we voted to leave not a half-leave or a quarter-leave, we should have focussed on no deal from day one and then negotiated individual matters separately not piled into one deal. The EU are supposedly trying to create free-trade deals with the rest of the world, how come they don't want a free-trade deal with us? Of course they do but they are trying it on to see what they can rake us for.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 16th Jan 2019 1:02pm
May appears to ha e gone back on her word from last night already. She promised cross party talks on way forward but is excluding the leader of the opposition!
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 16th Jan 2019 2:17pm
Has she excluded Corbyn, or has he just not had a phone call yet.. two different interpretations.. ?

May said all along, a 'No' deal is better than a 'Bad' deal. Obviously her deal is seen as a 'Bad' deal by all those who voted last night. Is 'No' deal something else that will have a black line put through it ?

It's that Olly Robbins, who's been the instigator of all this. Read his profile and see how committed he is to the EU . She chose the wrong advisors for the G. Election in 2017 too.

Olly Robbins : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Robbins
Robbins was born on 20 April 1975 in Lambeth to Derek and Diana Robbins.[1][4] His mother was a civil servant, who later left her job to raise her children.[5] He was educated at Colfe's School, an independent school in Lee, London.[6] He studied Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) at Hertford College, Oxford.[1] He graduated from the University of Oxford with a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in 1996.[6] At Oxford, Robbins was president of the Oxford Reform Club, a group promoting a federal European Union

EU aren't going to budge and Macron, the new kid on the block has got a darned cheek telling us what's not going to happen, when his own country is in political strife. The EU wants our financial contribution, and they will move mountains to stop us from leaving.. and returning to another referendum as some of them are pushing for now, or as Tusk tweeted, we can stay in the EU if there's no alternative. Pig! The remnant of a communist state ! A few to many of them in high positions of the EU. Most of the others have lived through Fascism or Dictatorships. They don't know how democracy truly works, and it looks as if all those who fled to UK in times gone by, are now looking to return to their previous ideology of how they think our country should be run like their ancestral homes were.

There are five countries waiting to join the EU. Albania, Macedonia , Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro.
Albania 56% muslim.
Macedonia 40% "
Turkey 80%
We know they would all head for Europe and we would have to take our quota. i.e. apart from Poland, that likes to keep it white and Catholic, which is quite odd, considering they give guided tours around Auschwitz and display all the horrors of what was caused by Jewish anti-Semitism.

Why is our meat so expensive? Because the EU pay high prices, and so the farmers will not sell it more cheaply in the UK. as they will lose out particularly on the Welsh lamb, as it is the best in the world. Same applies to many other of our produce. Just one tiny example of how things are manipulated to benefit others.

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 16th Jan 2019 7:24pm
Nigel Dodds openly thanking the Government for the cash bribe to the DUP to support the Government, which part of democracy is this?
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 17th Jan 2019 8:33am
Nigel Farage has worried EU bosses with his most recent speech in the European Parliament

Less than 24 hours after Theresa May’s Brexit deal failure in the House of Commons, Nigel Farage is in Brussels worrying EU leaders about what happens next.

May’s deal lost by a 230 majority last night in the House of Commons, leaving no deal Brexit as the default position.
Some MPs, including EU officials, are now calling for a second referendum or Brexit to be stopped altogether, but Farage today sent a stern warning for them to be careful about what they wish for.

Farage said: “Mr President, you say there is no support for no deal but then you all thought there was no support for Brexit in the first place.

“You may be surprised how quickly public opinion is changing. Mr Timmermans, you say this would cause great harm. But if we leave on no deal, if we stick to the law as it is we become an independent country.
“I have been saying to you ‘what price?’ – freedom.

“But I will be the first to admit I doubt this will happen because working in cahoots with you we have Mr Blair and many other leaders of the British establishment who treat the Brexit vote and treat voters in general with total an utter contempt.

“There is a great tradition here, isn’t there? We have seen it with Denmark and with Ireland – you make people vote again.

“All I can say is that if we finish up with an extension of Article 50 we may well may well finish up fighting the next set of European elections.

“And we will fight them. And if the betrayal becomes complete and we are forced to vote in a second referendum, you may be in for a big surprise.

“The British may be very placid people, very laid back, but I promise you, if they get pushed too far it’s a lion that will roar.

“We will be even more defiant if we have to fight a second referendum and we will win it by a bigger majority.”
Posted By: cools Re: Project Fear III - 17th Jan 2019 9:25am
I love the way he tells those pompous money grabbing EUites how it is..Yep think he will be forming a party as he hinted at the other day and as he said if he has to he will fight again for leaving the EU with no deal, just leave end of story!
I think he would get a lot of support as he voices what a lot of us think, I do worry about the jobs but agree with him , tell the EU get their own country's in order before telling us what to do.
Whatever is going to happen I wish they'd just get on with Brexit , think it's driving everyone mad.
Posted By: casper Re: Project Fear III - 17th Jan 2019 9:32am
Just going to air my naivety and confusion about Brexit, I believe the vote was to leave the EU, now we are told that we cant leave without a deal because it would be damaging, am I missing something? oh yes democracy, the British people voted and we must respect that, so did we vote to leave or did we vote to only leave with a deal ?

We now have Farage the Lord haw haw of politics doing his Churchill impression over in Brussels, one of the rats that lit the fuse then stepped aside,

I voted remain,annoyed we lost, and no doubt many that voted to leave feel the same, so no one got exactly what they wanted did they?

confused .com confused
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Project Fear III - 17th Jan 2019 9:53am
Just going to air my naivety and confusion about Brexit, I believe the vote was to leave the EU, now we are told that we cant leave without a deal because it would be damaging, am I missing something?

Its a bit like if you're renting a house or leasing a car. You can't just walk away from them and expect the other side to deal with it.
Posted By: casper Re: Project Fear III - 17th Jan 2019 10:34am
Originally Posted by Gibbo
Just going to air my naivety and confusion about Brexit, I believe the vote was to leave the EU, now we are told that we cant leave without a deal because it would be damaging, am I missing something?

Its a bit like if you're renting a house or leasing a car. You can't just walk away from them and expect the other side to deal with it.

The other side has no say if we leave without a deal, so we can walk away, this decision was taken by the British people, what happened to the Union flag waving and the slogan leave means leave ? that's what we voted for, wasn't it?

yes
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 17th Jan 2019 4:51pm
I don't understand anything about the pro-EU stance, to give an analogy ...

Tesco gives you an offer, if you pay us £10,000 a year and agree to only shop with us or our trading partners, we will give you £5,000 back and charge what we like for the goods. Gradually we will take your life over as everything you buy including energy, insurance etc will have to be bought through us on our terms and our prices.

Would you like such a deal?

@Gibbo your analogy to renting a house incomplete, Article 50 would be the equivalent of a 2 year notice of leaving in the lease, after that period you would have no liability to the landlord whatsoever other than to repair any damage you have caused, you would not be liable for paying any money to future refurbishment or enhancement of the property.

I cannot think of an example in real life where after leaving you are liable for future costs without holding a share in whatever those costs pay for. I have been a shareholder in a number of enterprises and left when I wanted, I didn't have to buy my way out, they had to buy my holdings.

How much are the EU paying us for the enormous amount EU assets we have paid for in other countries?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Project Fear III - 17th Jan 2019 7:36pm
I take it when we leave then other member states arent allowed to trade with us because of EU law.? So if we leave with no deal and try to keep on trading as we are with other member states are the EU elite going to punish the flock for trading with us?
Say if we have a 4 year trade deal/contract for a particular product with France would that deal cease on the moment we leave the EU and would one side be in breach of contract? Or can that deal only be legal if we are an EU member?. Complicated.

On the other hand if we leave with no deal...can we still see the kids!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 17th Jan 2019 9:23pm
No, if we leave on no-deal then trade carries on but there will be duty to be paid on imports - unless the EU/UK agree otherwise.

The maximum duty allowed is set by WTO rules if there is no trade agreement in place. So we will charge duty on imports from EU and the EU will charge duty on imports from UK, as the balance of trade is in the EU's favour the UK will collect more import duty than the EU does.

A visitor visa-waiver system will be put in place similar to what the EU and the UK have with many other countries, you will need a passport the same as we do now because we are not in the Schengen area. You can still go and see your kids and they will still be able to come and see us.
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 18th Jan 2019 1:48am
Here's a nice little web archive. Any questions ? All we need to know from 2016 referendum. Who said we didn't know what we were voting for ?

https://web.archive.org/web/20160624095938/http://leave.eu/en/faqs/faqanswers
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Project Fear III - 18th Jan 2019 1:58pm
Brexit Morons laugh
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 19th Jan 2019 1:27am

Very true, Fish..

The Lisbon Treaty comes into effect in 2020.. No delays wanted now. I still can't understand why May would even wish to negotiate with a Marxist. It's utterly obnoxious and flies in the face of all the EU countries that got rid of Marxism. It 's also obnoxious for Marxist MP's hiding under the banner of Labour, because if they support him, they support Corbyn Marxist policies even if it was unintentional.

Check it out. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Lisbon

1: The UK along with all existing members of the EU lose their abstention veto in 2020 as laid down in the Lisbon Treaty when the system changes to that of majority acceptance with no abstentions or veto’s being allowed.
2: All member nations will become states of the new federal nation of the EU by 2022 as clearly laid out in the Lisbon treaty with no exceptions or veto’s.
3: All member states must adopt the Euro by 2022 and any new member state must do so within 2 years of joining the EU as laid down in the Lisbon treaty.
4: The London stock exchange will move to Frankfurt in 2020 and be integrated into the EU stock exchange resulting in a loss of 200,000 plus jobs in the UK because of the relocation. (This has already been pre-agreed and is only on a holding pattern due to the Brexit negotiations, which if Brexit does happen, the move is fully cancelled - but if not and the UK remains a member it’s full steam ahead for the move.)
5: The EU Parliament and ECJ become supreme over all legislative bodies of the UK.
6: The UK will adopt 100% of whatever the EU Parliament and ECJ lays down without any means of abstention or veto, negating the need for the UK to have the Lords or even the Commons as we know it today.
7: The UK will NOT be able to make its own trade deals.
8: The UK will NOT be able to set its own trade tariffs.
9 The UK will NOT be able to set its own trade quotas.
10: The UK loses control of its fishing rights
11: The UK loses control of its oil and gas rights
12: The UK loses control of its borders and enters the Schengen region by 2022 - as clearly laid down in the Lisbon treaty
13: The UK loses control of its planning legislation
14: The UK loses control of its armed forces including its nuclear deterrent
15: The UK loses full control of its taxation policy
16: The UK loses the ability to create its own laws and to implement them
17: The UK loses its standing in the Commonwealths
18: The UK loses control of any provinces or affiliated nations e.g.: Falklands, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar etc
19: The UK loses control of its judicial system
20: The UK loses control of its international policy
21: The UK loses full control of its national policy
22: The UK loses its right to call itself a nation in its own right.
23: The UK loses control of its space exploration program
24: The UK loses control of its Aviation and Sea lane jurisdiction
25: The UK loses its rebate in 2020 as laid down in the Lisbon treaty
26: The UK’s contribution to the EU is set to increase by an average of 1.2bn pa and by 2.3bn pa by 2020
This is the future that the youths of today think we stole from them?
They should be on their knees thanking us for saving them from being turned into Orwellian automatons!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 19th Jan 2019 6:47pm
Where on earth did you copy that from? You realise its wholly made up!

The Lisbon Treaty was ratified and brought into UK law before 2010.
Posted By: casper Re: Project Fear III - 19th Jan 2019 6:53pm
Originally Posted by granny

Very true, Fish..

The Lisbon Treaty comes into effect in 2020.. No delays wanted now. I still can't understand why May would even wish to negotiate with a Marxist. It's utterly obnoxious and flies in the face of all the EU countries that got rid of Marxism. It 's also obnoxious for Marxist MP's hiding under the banner of Labour, because if they support him, they support Corbyn Marxist policies even if it was unintentional.

Check it out. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Lisbon

1: The UK along with all existing members of the EU lose their abstention veto in 2020 as laid down in the Lisbon Treaty when the system changes to that of majority acceptance with no abstentions or veto’s being allowed.
2: All member nations will become states of the new federal nation of the EU by 2022 as clearly laid out in the Lisbon treaty with no exceptions or veto’s.
3: All member states must adopt the Euro by 2022 and any new member state must do so within 2 years of joining the EU as laid down in the Lisbon treaty.
4: The London stock exchange will move to Frankfurt in 2020 and be integrated into the EU stock exchange resulting in a loss of 200,000 plus jobs in the UK because of the relocation. (This has already been pre-agreed and is only on a holding pattern due to the Brexit negotiations, which if Brexit does happen, the move is fully cancelled - but if not and the UK remains a member it’s full steam ahead for the move.)
5: The EU Parliament and ECJ become supreme over all legislative bodies of the UK.
6: The UK will adopt 100% of whatever the EU Parliament and ECJ lays down without any means of abstention or veto, negating the need for the UK to have the Lords or even the Commons as we know it today.
7: The UK will NOT be able to make its own trade deals.
8: The UK will NOT be able to set its own trade tariffs.
9 The UK will NOT be able to set its own trade quotas.
10: The UK loses control of its fishing rights
11: The UK loses control of its oil and gas rights
12: The UK loses control of its borders and enters the Schengen region by 2022 - as clearly laid down in the Lisbon treaty
13: The UK loses control of its planning legislation
14: The UK loses control of its armed forces including its nuclear deterrent
15: The UK loses full control of its taxation policy
16: The UK loses the ability to create its own laws and to implement them
17: The UK loses its standing in the Commonwealths
18: The UK loses control of any provinces or affiliated nations e.g.: Falklands, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar etc
19: The UK loses control of its judicial system
20: The UK loses control of its international policy
21: The UK loses full control of its national policy
22: The UK loses its right to call itself a nation in its own right.
23: The UK loses control of its space exploration program
24: The UK loses control of its Aviation and Sea lane jurisdiction
25: The UK loses its rebate in 2020 as laid down in the Lisbon treaty
26: The UK’s contribution to the EU is set to increase by an average of 1.2bn pa and by 2.3bn pa by 2020
This is the future that the youths of today think we stole from them?
They should be on their knees thanking us for saving them from being turned into Orwellian automatons!

Project fear granny. omg
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Project Fear III - 20th Jan 2019 12:07am
Not sure if this is a genuine quote..

Attached picture churchill quote.jpg
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 20th Jan 2019 1:31am

Better read this then Casper. I'm sure you can find plenty to keep you occupied. Snippets posted.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/factsheets/en/sheet/5/the-treaty-of-lisbon

when you see the words, 'exclusive competence' you can refer to this.

http://en.euabc.com/word/476

and you will read this... ' Exclusive competence '

When the EU has an exclusive competence member states are not permitted to make their own laws concerning that area.
If the EU has a shared competence both the EU and the member states may make laws, but EU law has primacy over any adopted national law, and may override the right to make national laws in the area covered by an EU law.
Article 3 TFEU of the Lisbon Treaty defines the following areas as exclusive EU competences: the competition rules within the internal market, the customs union, the common commercial policy, monetary policy for the Euro countries, the conservation of marine biological resources under the common fishing policy and the conclusion of international agreements as exclusive competences if the EU has a corresponding internal competence

http://en.euabc.com/word/577

Internal Market.

The Lisbon Treaty made the "internal market" a shared competence (Art. 4 TFEU). EU law therefore suppress member states' existing legislation and right to legislate in these areas. Necesarry competition rules for the functioning of the internal market are an exclusive competence of the Union (Art. 3 TFEU) and therefore member states may not legislate

http://en.euabc.com/word/2077 (easier read) and an A-Z index.

THe Lisbon Treaty includes virtually all of the provisions of the Treaty Establishing a Constitution for Europe which was rejected by French and Dutch voters in referendums in 2005. Instead of being adopted directly in the proposed EU Constituion, they were adopted indirectly in the form of amendments to the existing treaties in what was called The Lisbon Treaty.The term Lisbon Treaty is now generally used to refer to the Consolidated EU Treaties - all the treaties and amendments governing European integration from the Treaty of Rome up to the present time.
The Lisbon Treaty has been changed a few times since 2009 because of the financial crisis. It has followed the Nice Treaty, the Treaty of Amsterdam, the Treaty of Maastricht, The Single European Act and the Treaty of Rome. All treaties have given the EU more powers and introduced more majority voting at the supranational level.

The Lisbon Treaty established 106 new powers for the EU, and 68 new areas for decision by qualified majority in the Council

and this at the bottom of the page ! Did anyone tell us ?

507 million EU citizens have been equipped with an additional EU citizenship on top of their national citizenship. One can only be a citizen of a state
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 20th Jan 2019 2:01am
Where on earth did you copy that from? You realise its wholly made up!

The Lisbon Treaty was ratified and brought into UK law before 2010.

Did I mean the Europe 2020 strategy ? laffin

but it's not all made up, I have read various articles relating to some of those points mentioned.. AND I don't like the EU anyway, it stinks and nibbles away a little at a time taking more and more. I'm not EU citizen either, but somehow it looks as if it happened when I was asleep.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 20th Jan 2019 11:25am
The Europe 2020 strategy is a 10 year wish-list. its another program of committee meetings with the old boys network getting plenty of money out of it. The previous 10 year strategy achieved very little, the next hasn't been named.
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 20th Jan 2019 2:19pm

The 2020 strategy was set out in 2010 for the transition period up to 2020. In 2020 the EU 2030 strategy begins. We don't know much about the yet.

They have gradually brought in a lot of control measures to ensure that Brussels has Governance , and that includes all categories of our lives .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 22nd Jan 2019 3:05pm
I see yet again the EU are trying the hard border nugget for Ireland, perhaps we should remind them about most of the 450 mile border between France and Brazil etc. Its exactly the same scenario yet only a few of the crossing points are full time.

Do the EU want to sub-contract the building of a wall to Trump Inc. ?
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 22nd Jan 2019 5:14pm
I see yet again the EU are trying the hard border nugget for Ireland, perhaps we should remind them about most of the 450 mile border between France and Brazil etc. Its exactly the same scenario yet only a few of the crossing points are full time.

Do the EU want to sub-contract the building of a wall to Trump Inc. ?

France and Brazil ? There's a 450 kilometre border between France and Germany, does that mean anything ?
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 28th Jan 2019 3:02pm

Was this part of project fear ? I think he says what most of us could agree with.

Posted By: Salmon Re: Project Fear III - 28th Jan 2019 4:28pm
The border is in the Amazon rain forest between Amapá which is a Brazilian state and French Guina which is a French overseas territory
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 28th Jan 2019 5:57pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
The border is in the Amazon rain forest between Amapá which is a Brazilian state and French Guina which is a French overseas territory

Oh ! Now I understand. Thanks Salmon.
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 28th Jan 2019 11:49pm

Are we going to have food shortages with a 'no deal' , or is that more project fear out of the supermarkets ?. Maybe the time is right to open up a greengrocers shop or any other shop, sell British produce and show the supermarket chains, they need to get quality and not the old EU stuff that has filled their shelves on certain deals, and which starts to go rotten within a couple of days of purchase by the public anyway .

I don't think we will have any food shortages, apart from maybe the odd lettuce .. tasteless, pointless stuff anyway. It should be cheaper too not more expensive .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 29th Jan 2019 4:23am
There will be a shortage mainly due to people suddenly stockpiling because of the scaremongering, this will lead to a temporary price rise from supply & demand, combined of course with opportunism.

No real harm in filling your freezers early and getting tinned produce in but only buy stuff you would eat anyway in the long term.
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 29th Jan 2019 9:51am

Stockpiling is the problem , at any time. Only ever did it once. That was when the 'gulf war' was on. We lived in Felixstowe at the time, and the USAF had/have their bases there. To hear those chinooks and transport carriers going out overhead to the Channel and beyond, was the scariest thing I have experienced. One after another after another, thundering weight passing overhead in the middle of the night, until the bases were just about emptied of men and machinery.
We had a caravan in Wales which we went to for 6 weeks summer hols with the kids. I was so paranoid that we were going to have an 'all out war' (we had even had Red Cross on the local radio station putting out a call for volunteers to take in children, if it was necessary) Went (me+4) to the caravan and first thing, I went to the shops and stockpiled , so that we could flee to, or stay in Wales if the situation became serious. The caravan had tinned food , bottled juice anything that lasted stuffed in every corner under every seat, plus a little miniature bottle of gin and tonic for celebration, when it was all over ! laugh It took a couple of years to get through that lot, and I vowed I would never do it again !

Sorry off topic, but same principle. smile
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Project Fear III - 29th Jan 2019 10:30am
Are we going to have food shortages with a 'no deal'

I reckon yes.

You only have to look at the threat of bad weather to see the shelves get emptied.

But, aside from that, you only need a hold up in the "just in time" supply chain to see stuff run out. Look at the trouble KFC had a few months ago when they ran out of chicken because of a logistical problem.

Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 1st Feb 2019 12:36pm

When you do your shopping at Tesco this weekend. Have a look at to where the produce comes from.

I have just seen a video filmed of Tesco products, which for some reason I can't repost, but it shows

Green beans .........Egypt
Baby corn, ............ India
Broccoli spears......Kenya
Asparagus tips.......Peru
Asparagus bundle.Mexico
Mangetout ............Guatamala
Sugar peas............Egypt

The last comment is-- 'who needs the f--ing EU ? (said in an Irish Accent. ) The whole thing made me laugh.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 1st Feb 2019 1:15pm
Claim today that 30% of UK companies thinking of moving because of Brexit.

What a total load of rubbish, there is nowhere near 30% of British companies that trade with Europe, the figure is more like 6% and of those 6% many of them will also trade with the rest of the world and are used to trading outside the customs zone.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Project Fear III - 1st Feb 2019 2:04pm
do us all good to eat less anyway... Fishing and rustling lessons anyone?

If i place an order today apparently i can get it delivered in 24 hours so if theres a day or 2 delay because of extra customs checks i order couple days in advance so there will still be a stream of goods entering. Fresher stuff will just have to be eaten sooner rather than sitting in your fridge or veg rack for a week or more. Possible increase in cost if lorry drivers need 2 days pay instead of 1 which spread across a whole lorry load of goods will not be much. They will find ways round it like having customs checks done on the ship
Might be a boost for our agricultural industry to grow more

Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 9th Feb 2019 11:38pm
Mentioned on news the other day about the possibility of a referendum for a unified Ireland. Is this more scare mongering or someone talking through their back teeth ?

Also, if SNP get their hopes and stay with the EU eventually, does that mean there will be 100 miles of hard border between Scotland and England ?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Project Fear III - 10th Feb 2019 6:12pm
still eating the onions and shallots i picked from my allotment back in october so cant understand all the fuss about dutch onion sellers flogging us their onions
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Project Fear III - 17th Feb 2019 6:57pm
Porsche fear they might have to put up prices in the event of a Brexit No Deal

"A 10% surcharge would see the cost of an entry-level Porsche 911 rising from £93,110 to £102,421."

Thats swung it for me i am now a remainer .!!
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 5th Mar 2019 10:46am

We should have stuck with the original commitment. There wouldn't have been any need for 'project fear''

Not politicians, not parliament , not lobby groups, .... just OUR VOTE.

Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 6th Mar 2019 11:42pm

Mark Carney(Bank of England) has suddenly changed his tune. Is this ' project fear' in reversal. Hoping to get a deal through rather than a no deal ?

https://politicaluk.co.uk/2019/03/a...RgSPxAYU5P-xsgXY19oaHN4crjBq0n93x3AMyTo8

Bank of England’s Governor, Mark Carney said: “If you took the scenarios that we had for a No Deal and you referenced the disruptive and the disorderly, and it depends what your counterfactual is – so what are we comparing it to – if we compare those as we did in November to our forecast of the economy at the time which presumed something broadly consistent with the Prime Minister’s deal…the potential hit to GDP was just under 5% in the disruptive and just under 8% in the disorderly.

“The items I indicated earlier, given our modelling of the situation, would pull back somewhere between 2% to 3.5% of those losses depending on the scenario.

“Since we released the scenarios in November there have been some constructive developments in terms of preparedness.

“That reduces the level of economic shock.”

The Financial Policy Committee (FPC) stated: “Some disruption to cross-border services is possible and, in the absence of other actions by EU authorities, some potential risks to financial stability remain.”
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 7th Mar 2019 2:26pm
As the chance of a no-deal Brexit happening increases, a lot of those that made wild statements are starting to reign in their thoughts for fear of being proved wrong.

Unfortunately the way things are going we are going to end up with a bad deal rather than a no deal. If we left on WTO rules the EU would immediately cobble together some sort of trade agreement, the EU is not stable enough to ride the effects of a no deal Brexit.

Ireland is of course piggy-in-the-middle but solutions are in place for other countries in a similar position, it is not the only country with an EU border.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Project Fear III - 9th Mar 2019 12:08am
Theresa May latest "Theresa May has asked the EU for "one more push" to get her Brexit deal through Parliament and warned that, if it fails, "we may never leave at all".

Mission nearly accomplished
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 9th Mar 2019 11:23pm

All very nail biting stuff isn't it ? Are Ladbrokes taking bets on this ?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 9th Mar 2019 11:30pm
Ladbrokes only publish Brexit bets on the chances of another referendum and its outcome.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 15th Mar 2019 3:05pm
For all the people that died in our wars lets not let their lives be wasted.

Posted By: casper Re: Project Fear III - 16th Mar 2019 9:23am
Do you really believe we live in a true democracy DD? that our choices are not manipulated by those in power, that the law is colluded with and often thwarted to protect individuals in power or their political parties, that we are granted freedoms to exercise our rights, but those freedoms are so tightly bound in legislation that they are difficult to use, that to get true justice you must have the means to pay for it, that those that fought for our country are sleeping on the streets or are denied justice in claims against the MOD and finally to those that put this shite together don't use their sacrifices to promote their political ends.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 16th Mar 2019 5:28pm
No we don't live in a true democracy and we do suffer from manipulation but that is not reason to give up and allow us to become totally controlled by dictators.

Many people died in WW1 and WW2 so that we would not be under the control of Germany.

The EU is dominated and controlled by Germany, the Mediterranean countries (and others) have very little say and are kept in poverty by the EU/Germany. Thankfully because we didn't join the Euro we aren't quite in the same position as those countries and so we aren't totally hand-cuffed to the EU.

There is nothing "fair" about the way the EU operates, it's policies maintain German domination and further inflicts more economic damage on the majority of poorer EU countries.

We pour something like £100bn a year into the EU (much more than Germany), if this was helping to bring the poorer countries into profitability then it would have some justification but while it doesn't and while we can't even get ourselves into profit then it is money wasted. In reality that money is actually boosting Germany's dominance and wealth.

Try and work out why Germany is prospering, their wages aren't low, their products are dear, their strength is using weak countries to make profit for them. This is hardly the spirit of a "democratic community" it is economic take-over and dominance over countries kept in servitude.
Posted By: casper Re: Project Fear III - 16th Mar 2019 7:56pm
My comments weren't so much about the EU, but about those flag waver's that spout their jingoism and talk about democracy, then scuttle off to some tax haven somewhere, the people of self interest those that treat others with contempt, the politicians that tell us that there is no magic money tree yet throw away millions in bribes and hush money to cover up their bungling, sorry rant over.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 16th Mar 2019 9:13pm
The UK (mainland) is classed as one of the biggest corporate tax havens, then we have Jersey and the Isle of Man as dependencies, then we have our overseas territories Virgin Islands, Bermuda, Cayman Islands and Gibraltar.

Elsewhere inside the EU we have Ireland, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Germany (and Switzerland to all intents and purposes).

The rich run the countries, the rich make sure that the tax loopholes stay open.
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 23rd Mar 2019 10:16am

So we are back here again.

Surprise, surprise . The journalists seem to quite like this ongoing fiasco and see it as 'exciting' as one said to another.

So what do any of you wish for now . I don't care anymore.. along with so many others, it makes one give up the will to live.

Now there will be 4 choices.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47675261

Theresa May has told MPs there might not be a third vote on her Brexit deal next week if there is insufficient support for it to pass.

She said there were now four "clear choices". These were:
â—¾Approving her deal next week - which relies on Commons Speaker John Bercow allowing her to put it to MPs to vote on again, which he has ruled will not be allowed unless "substantial" changes are made to it
â—¾Asking for another extension before 12 April - which would mean the UK would have to take part in elections for the European Parliament
â—¾Revoking Article 50 - cancelling Brexit - which Mrs May said would "betray the result of the referendum"
â—¾Leaving with no deal
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Project Fear III - 23rd Mar 2019 12:02pm
Yet more proof in the last week that no-deal Brexit is the best option. German economy is nose-diving, US economy is nose-diving and yet despite being close to a no-deal Brexit the UK economy and Sterling are holding up extremely well (the FTSE is down because of Global issues).

There have been virtually no official conversations about the impact of no-deal Brexit apart from project fear which have been proven to be wrong time and time again.

A few days ago various EU leaders said they were going to veto any extension to Brexit yet here we are, they were bluffing and lying to us in order to try and punish us.

We have Project Fear from the EU, Project Fear from the media, Project Fear from most of the UK Parliament and it is all propaganda.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Project Fear III - 23rd Mar 2019 6:58pm
I agree, we need to just walk away next Friday.
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 11th Apr 2019 9:23pm

It didn't happen did it jimbob ? Still waiting, and waiting.

This is what Farage has to say..

Farage said in a message to Brexiteers: “Theresa May has had a chat with you from her sofa and told you that her deal couldn’t get through the House of Commons and said now there is a choice.

“We either have a deal or we don’t leave the European Union

“So her plan is we are talking to the nice Mr Jeremy Corbyn to try and do a deal that will protect jobs and security and then we will get Brexit.

“It all sounds really rather wonderful doesn’t it, what she didn’t tell you was that her deal is actually a new European treaty, binding in international law.

“Of which we can’t leave ever unless the European Union says so.

“She has given you a false choice, this isn’t about whether we leave the EU or don’t leave.

“We could have left it on March 29 as the legislation was in place but she refused to do so.

“What we are actually faced with is her treaty with amendments from Labour or extending Article 50, not cancelling Brexit but extending the date upon which we will leave.

“She doesn’t really want to do that because she is scared that on the 23rd of May there will be European elections and you will deliver your verdict and you would be right to.

“What she wants to sign up to with Jeremy Corbyn is membership of the customs union.

“Which means we can’t set our own tariffs, we can’t do our own trade deals, these were all things we were promised if we voted to Leave and all things that were promised in her own manifesto.

“Not only is this the most incompetent and worst Prime Minister that I have seen in my lifetime.

“She is also the most duplicitous and dishonest as well.

“I am now leading the Brexit party and if we have to fight those European elections on May the 23rd we will fight them.

“It is time we taught them a lesson.”
Posted By: casper Re: Project Fear III - 12th Apr 2019 9:27am
Granny for PM. party
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 13th Apr 2019 12:20pm

That's a nice accolade Casper. laugh

Firstly..... 'Off with their heads' the lot of them, both sides of the House.

and then

I'd give you a job, Casper, nepotism is all the rage !
Posted By: casper Re: Project Fear III - 14th Apr 2019 8:13am
Ok granny deal, can I be your bodyguard ? cool
Posted By: venice Re: Project Fear III - 14th Apr 2019 11:41am
The thing is Casper, do you look like Kevin Costner? You know how picky granny is.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Project Fear III - 14th Apr 2019 9:21pm
sorry not contributed to this post for a while but have had a job in London carrying barrels into the basement of The Houses of Parliament for some Guy.

I thought we had left on March 29th as i dont remember an act of parliament repealing the article 50 law. May said we leave with a deal or without a deal and because she couldnt sort out a deal we have left by default without a deal.
Corbyn and Labour not much better he has been circling like a vulture just waiting for May to take her last breath..
Posted By: casper Re: Project Fear III - 15th Apr 2019 7:46am
The thing is Casper, do you look like Kevin Costner? You know how picky granny is.

I wasn't thinking of the movie venice, I was thinking of the other bodyguard off the TV series. blush
Posted By: cools Re: Project Fear III - 15th Apr 2019 11:23am
This hunk you mean ? AKA. Casper...if you look like him Casper, Granny won't refuse , who would !!

Attached picture IMG_1042.JPG
Posted By: casper Re: Project Fear III - 15th Apr 2019 1:16pm
[quote=cools]This hunk you mean ? AKA. Casper...if you look like him Casper, Granny won't refuse , who would !

Ha ha if only.

frown
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 15th Apr 2019 9:20pm
Project Fear IIII ... omg That 'hunk' could do too much damage. Casper you're hired !

Did you see that some ones looking for a bench grinder ?
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 15th Apr 2019 9:22pm

an old one !
Posted By: casper Re: Project Fear III - 16th Apr 2019 10:19am
Project Fear IIII ... omg That 'hunk' could do too much damage. Casper you're hired !

Did you see that some ones looking for a bench grinder ?

Phew! started to sweat, when you mentioned bench grinder granny, nearly turned the job down. omg
Posted By: cools Re: Project Fear III - 16th Apr 2019 10:52am
A good bodyguard fears nothing Casper , ha
Posted By: casper Re: Project Fear III - 16th Apr 2019 11:00am
Originally Posted by cools
A good bodyguard fears nothing Casper , ha

I don't know cools, I don't think I could survive a good bench grinding. omg
Posted By: granny Re: Project Fear III - 5th May 2019 10:41am

Not even sure which thread to post on any longer. Brexit, deal or no deal, project fear. Anyway, it's here.

Mrs May said in the scrutiny committee thingy last week that 'no deal ' was only an option if a 'good deal' had not been reached. So, she said there would not be a 'no deal' scenario because her deal is a 'good deal' .

That leads me to ask why all the ships were being lined up in the event of a 'no deal' at astronomical costs because she's already signed the withdrawal agreement by that point and she said her deal was a 'good deal' .

Today According to the Sunday Times, Mrs May is willing to compromise on three areas: customs, goods alignment and workers' rights.

So therefore the 'deal ' is not finalised. Yes /No ?

If she is willing to compromise, what is Corbyn willing to compromise or is it now Corbyn's way or no way ?

I could be getting more confused as time goes by, as this morning I was walking around in my dressing gown clutching my car keys. So it happens to us all eventually !
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Project Fear III - 5th May 2019 3:23pm
Granny; according to holy writ. "The devil is the author of confusion" Speaks volumes about May
© Wirral-Wikiwirral