Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper £2bn Extra for NHS - 16th Nov 2018 3:27pm
On LBC, Theresa May has stated that out of the savings from Brexit she will be putting £394m a week extra into the NHS, presumably this will be to expand the operating theatres to cater for pink elephants and flying pigs.

Relevant bit starts at 1:30

Posted By: Mr1470 Re: £2bn Extra for NHS - 16th Nov 2018 4:22pm
raftl
Posted By: granny Re: £2bn Extra for NHS - 16th Nov 2018 8:57pm

Why not ? How much does the NHS get now, and how much more will £395 million per week , per annum amount to ? I make it around £20 billion. NHS gets something like £125 billion already to be increased .

https://fullfact.org/health/spending-english-nhs/
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: £2bn Extra for NHS - 16th Nov 2018 11:09pm
Yes, I managed to miss a zero in the title, £20bn not £2bn.

The autumn 2017 budget for health was £155bn.

I doubt if £20bn extra will be spent by the NHS, I think it will be used to write off debts that have come about through underfunding creating overspending.
Posted By: granny Re: £2bn Extra for NHS - 17th Nov 2018 12:25am

The NHS are also having to pay off 2% of their budget on PFI repayments. Approx £2 billion in 2016/17. Whether that outstanding balance ever reduces with the ongoing interest, I don't know. Probably not by much ,if at all.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: £2bn Extra for NHS - 17th Nov 2018 8:31pm
The official releases say its going to have an average rise of 3.4% per year, so in year one the increase will be around £4.25bn which is more like £82m per week. This would take about 50 years before it got a £20bn per year (£390 per week) rise.

What she has said is a complete lie, it is not an increase per week, it is a summation over five years (2018 to 2023). ie £22.7bn per 5 years which is £87m per week.

There is no £390 per week increase.
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: £2bn Extra for NHS - 21st Nov 2018 10:37am
2bn is sod all in the scheme of things. Its a week of budget if that.. Yet again david noakes in 2010 predictions about making sure we fear the constant change of the NHS to cause the continual taxation of uk taxpayer was true.
Its called " frankfurt school of subversion" where partys make you worry about the future like insurance companies with stories of death to justify takin more & more off you.
As he said we will never be allowed to leave fully...and he was right. Look at the manufactured mess it is.
Gerard batten touched on how illegal the EU is on sky last wk.
No one will confront it.
Just think of the waste in the NHS...lots of consultants ,drugs & equip that is well over priced cause its guess who paying for it ???? Mr taxpayer!!
The cash cow of the uk.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral