Forums
Posted By: granny Russian Spies - 4th Oct 2018 10:11pm

Just in case anyone hasn't seen todays news about Russian spies in Holland, here is BBC :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45746837

Another botched up job in broad daylight, it would seem ! Are spies really so stupid ? Why did Holland expel them ? Do all spies get returned to their country of origin in such cases ?

Would this go hand in hand with Russia's deployment of S-300 anti missiles that they placed in Syria, last week. due to Israel being indirectly responsible for the cause of a Russian plane being shot down with 15 lives lost ?

Posted By: granny Re: Russian Spies - 4th Oct 2018 10:13pm

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-u...-300-in-syria-idUKKCN1ME1UC?rpc=401&
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Russian Spies - 4th Oct 2018 11:03pm
They had diplomatic passports which makes them "untouchables" and can't be arrested or retained against their will. It also unquestionably links them to the Russian Government.

But whether the offences are true or propaganda is anyone's guess.

When Governments tell so many lies it not only makes it impossible to find out what is true or not it also creates apathy to anything never mind how bad it is ... as per hyper-normalisation

Posted By: ShySusie Re: Russian Spies - 5th Oct 2018 1:22am
I wish I had a Russian spy under my bed.
Posted By: granny Re: Russian Spies - 5th Oct 2018 8:30am
It's a crazy world we live in. Do all spies have diplomatic passports I wonder ?

HyperNormalisation.. Must be what I'm suffering from, because I find so much about this whole case starting with the Skripals collapsing on a park bench at exactly the same time in the middle of a city, to this latest of spies being photographed on the land and outside the OPWC , and sitting in the car park, with a boot full of wires trying to tap into computers.

Will watch the video tonight, rather long for daytime viewing.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Russian Spies - 5th Oct 2018 10:01am
John Demers, US Assistant Attorney General for National Security, told a press conference in Washington that many of the attacks were aimed at delegitimizing sports bodies and "altering perceptions of the truth".
This reminds me of the occasion it was alleged the Russians spent millions to find information about Royal Navy Ships which you could find in a £20 book.

Attached picture images.jpg
Attached picture download.jpg
Posted By: ShySusie Re: Russian Spies - 5th Oct 2018 10:21am
Diplomatic passports?! Didn't spies used to get shot or tortured and turned?
Posted By: casper Re: Russian Spies - 5th Oct 2018 6:11pm
Originally Posted by granny
It's a crazy world we live in. Do all spies have diplomatic passports I wonder ?

HyperNormalisation.. Must be what I'm suffering from, because I find so much about this whole case starting with the Skripals collapsing on a park bench at exactly the same time in the middle of a city, to this latest of spies being photographed on the land and outside the OPWC , and sitting in the car park, with a boot full of wires trying to tap into computers.

I did state at the time that they were probably spetz or gru in get the job done and out, to risky to use those from the intelligence service that might be recognised, Putin is a disciple of Stalin, their deny deny deny strategy is wearing a bit thin but follows in a long history of denials to cover up murderous acts of one kind or another, what is the old adage? history repeats itself.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Russian Spies - 5th Oct 2018 8:40pm

You will never be the same again, in many ways it states the obvious but its just all put together in one package.
Posted By: granny Re: Russian Spies - 6th Oct 2018 12:54am

Ha ! Dusty noonoo surely not Mr Trump ?

@ DD. Didn't watch the video, felt I should be on the right frame of mind. (actually I forgot all about it)

A Salisbury Church is hosting a concert 'From Russia With Love' .... laugh
Posted By: ShySusie Re: Russian Spies - 6th Oct 2018 10:45am
A friend of mine who was in the army stationed in Germany said his officer told him that when the Russians attacked their role would be 'delaying' only. It wasn't even slightly feasible that they could stop the Russians, just delay them a little. The army was much bigger then and there were yanks too.
Posted By: casper Re: Russian Spies - 6th Oct 2018 6:13pm
Originally Posted by ShySusie
A friend of mine who was in the army stationed in Germany said his officer told him that when the Russians attacked their role would be 'delaying' only. It wasn't even slightly feasible that they could stop the Russians, just delay them a little. The army was much bigger then and there were yanks too.

Very true Suzy. the Russian soxmis cars used to monitor troop movements and exercises, many big exercises in the early 80's training for a what if senario, Russian tankies riding HGV's to recce the various routes, as you say we have no chance now in a conventional war.
Posted By: granny Re: Russian Spies - 8th Oct 2018 12:17am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

You will never be the same again, in many ways it states the obvious but its just all put together in one package.

You're right ! I knew some of those facts, e.g. about how the West played with Gaddafi for their own ends, but my goodness there's a lot we never get to hear about or couldn't even imagine.
I did find it to be edited a lot though , which for a BBC production, is not very professional. Neither was the clarity very good for fairly recent footage . So those things are questionable..... who do we believe ? sherlock
Posted By: ShySusie Re: Russian Spies - 8th Oct 2018 2:03pm
My friend who was in the army said that when the Russian Army arrives here they will go from house to house searching for women and when they find them they will do whatever they want to them!

I am really worried about this!

The Yodel delivery person always has trouble finding my front door as it is down a side passage.....
Posted By: granny Re: Russian Spies - 8th Oct 2018 2:29pm

So are we expecting the Russian Army, any time soon ? Maybe you could start Yodelling and take off to the hills ?
Posted By: ShySusie Re: Russian Spies - 8th Oct 2018 5:46pm

So are we expecting the Russian Army, any time soon ? Maybe you could start Yodelling and take off to the hills ?

Oh goodness no Granny! If they are coming (and it does seem likely ) I want to be in the thick of all that frenzied rapine.
Posted By: casper Re: Russian Spies - 8th Oct 2018 6:44pm
[quote=ShySusie]My friend who was in the army said that when the Russian Army arrives here they will go from house to house searching for women and when they find them they will do whatever they want to them!

I am really worried about this!

The Yodel delivery person always has trouble finding my front door as it is down a side passage.....[/q

Yep its a well known fact Susie, when they find them they make them cook a full English breakfast, if there's no brown sauce they will be beaten with a bratwurst
Posted By: ShySusie Re: Russian Spies - 8th Oct 2018 6:53pm
Hahaha! My culinary skills stop after beans on toast so they will have to give me a good seeing to with their bratwursts!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Russian Spies - 8th Oct 2018 7:16pm
I could never pass myself off as a Russian, I only have a Chipolata smile
Posted By: ShySusie Re: Russian Spies - 8th Oct 2018 7:32pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
I could never pass myself off as a Russian, I only have a Chipolata smile

Awww don't feel bad Dilly, believe me a girl is more likely to encounter a Chipolata than a Bratwurst and as for a Salami, we may well dream but they are not out there in real life.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Russian Spies - 8th Oct 2018 7:50pm
Thank you for your kind words of reassurance smile
Posted By: granny Re: Russian Spies - 8th Oct 2018 7:52pm

Her we go ! How to derail a thread with a chipolata. wink
Posted By: Dilly Re: Russian Spies - 8th Oct 2018 8:01pm
So sorry Granny if my small intrusion isn't in keeping with the thread smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Russian Spies - 8th Oct 2018 8:22pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
So sorry Granny if my small intrusion isn't in keeping with the thread smile

Its only a small aberration.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Russian Spies - 8th Oct 2018 8:42pm
Can't remember the last time I aberrated smile
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Russian Spies - 8th Oct 2018 9:35pm
Chipolata hey..Thats Sweet
Posted By: granny Re: Russian Spies - 8th Oct 2018 11:33pm

Did you dance like that , Fish ?
Posted By: ShySusie Re: Russian Spies - 9th Oct 2018 7:11am
OMG! People really didn't dress like that surely? Do not remember much of the 70s. Was a dark time for me and was only 11 when it finished.

And that song ......so many reasons it would be unacceptable in these boring PC times!

Original version below with reasons it would not be acceptable!

North side, east side................ ( suggesting diversion in society)
Little Willy, Willy wears the crown, he's the king around town..........(encouraging monarchist ideology)
Dancing, glancing............ ( encouraging voyeurism on the dance floor)
Willy drives them silly with his star shoe shimmy shuffle down .....( offensive to people with the names 'Star, Shoe, Shimmy or Shuffle')
Way past one, and feeling alright ........(offensive to people with insomnia)
'Cause with little Willy round they can last all night...........( offensive to men with larger penises suggesting impaired performance compared to smaller ones)
Hey down, stay down, stay down down........... ( offensive to men with erectile dysfunction)
'Cause little Willy, Willy won't go home...........( offensive to homeless people with no choice)
But you can't push Willy 'round .......( demeaning violence)
Willy won't go, try tellin' everybody but, oh no..........(gross breach of confidentiality)
Little Willy, Willy won't go home ( offensive to homeless people with no choice)
Up town, down town................ ( glorification of economic divide)
Little Willy, Willy drives them wild with his run-around style (offensive to those with impaired mobility)
Inside, outside ............(suggesting diversion in spatial living)
Willy sends them silly with his star-shine shimmy shuffle smile.....( offensive to people with the names 'Star, Shoe, Shimmy or Shuffle')
Mama done chase Willy down through the hall...........( Mama should be replaced with 'nominated individual guardian')
But laugh, Willy laugh, he don't care at all........... (blatant disregard for other members of society)
Hey down, stay down, stay down, down ......( offensive to men with erectile dysfunction)
'Cause little…(offensive to small people)
Posted By: granny Re: Russian Spies - 9th Oct 2018 10:23pm

raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral