Forums
Posted By: cools Mother Nature's fury - 14th Sep 2018 5:45pm
Bad all these natural disasters going on in the world at the moment. Hurricanes, typhoons, earthquakes..Mother Nature definitely not happy and showing us just what can happen. Makes you think never mind all these bombs and weapons of destruction, the world could be wiped out quite quickly by natural disasters....thought provoking.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Mother Nature's fury - 14th Sep 2018 9:00pm
Like a Noah Flood !
Posted By: granny Re: Mother Nature's fury - 15th Sep 2018 8:09am

I have to agree, Cools. We have no protection against mother nature if she gets too angry with us and we should always be mindful of that .
Maybe all these bombs battering and shaking the earth, or space craft, have contributed to a change in weather. Electricity is in the atmosphere, maybe too many electrical currents have interfered with the natural waves. We know the sonar on Naval vessels causes problems for at least the whales /dolphins .

I really do wish all these bloody and horrible wars would stop, but I think our greatest concern should be an underwater volcanic eruption, then as fish says........ like a Noah flood !
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Mother Nature's fury - 15th Sep 2018 4:31pm
When the think of all the variables involved in physical stress and temperature on the earth it is very surprising that everything is as stable as it is. How we can have still (no wind) days is beyond me.

Gravity effects of the sun and the moon and to a lesser degree other planets, none of which are in simple orbits and not stable. if you are astounded by the amount of water that moves with tides you'd be very surprised how much the atmosphere moves and of course the earth itself is continually deforming.
Earth's magnetic field pattern variations and strength which is reducing and destabilising at the moment. It looks like we may be heading for a field reversal. The magnetic field deflects a lot of solar radiation.

Solar flare levels of the sun which is currently having a quite period.

Atmospheric temperature, humidity and cloud cover.

The cooling and expansion of the earth's core.

The earth's rotational speed (day) which is reducing and has some variance.
Posted By: granny Re: Mother Nature's fury - 15th Sep 2018 10:10pm
Pardon ? confused
Posted By: venice Re: Mother Nature's fury - 16th Sep 2018 11:21am
Dont worry about it granny . If DD just typed louder, we'd understand it fine laugh . Just stick to the fun stuff about zero gravity etc.--- I really want to to do this for my birthday treat . Its only £5k a ticket -- maybe if I save all my chocolate bar money for 2 years .......

http://www.spaceadventures.com/experiences/zero-gravity-flight/
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Mother Nature's fury - 24th Sep 2018 9:27am
It's easy. If that butterfly in the Amazon rainforest stops flapping it's wings then there's no wind. Once the butterfly kicks off again we get the wind again. Nothing to flap over.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral