Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Drip Drip Second Referendum Propaganda - 12th Mar 2018 5:20pm
Yawn yawn. I see we are being drip fed the "second referendum" mantra in certain media again. This article selectively highlighting the seeds they want to plant on readers minds. A psyops tactic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43336351
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Drip Drip Second Referendum Propaganda - 13th Mar 2018 9:00am
I don't see how a perfectly fair discussion of polling results can be seen as propaganda.

As the details emerge from the cack-handed 'negotiators' it is becoming increasingly clear that

1. This government is incapable of negotiating their way out of a wet paper bag
2. The terms on which we might leave seem unsatisfactory, even to leave supporters. We could be IN the customs area with no say in it for instance.
3. We need to look at the terms before making any final decision
4. Brexit seems to be not such a good idea after all.

I imagine, given the performance of the UK so far, the EU will be quite pleased to be shot of us. Their economy has boomed since we decided to leave anyway! Unlike ours!
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Drip Drip Second Referendum Propaganda - 13th Mar 2018 10:18am
It wasnt the discussion about it, it was the selective highlighting in bold of key words..

My guess about the spy poisoning is that whoever did it, it will be used as one reason why we should not Brexit. The "fear" card and strength in numbers.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Drip Drip Second Referendum Propaganda - 13th Mar 2018 3:13pm
I think you'll find the 'selective' highlightings were, in fact, just links to other pages where justification for the claims made could be found. The internet equivalent of what in an academic paper would be footnotes.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Drip Drip Second Referendum Propaganda - 13th Mar 2018 7:46pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
I think you'll find the 'selective' highlightings were, in fact, just links to other pages where justification for the claims made could be found. The internet equivalent of what in an academic paper would be footnotes.

Maybe but i like a good conspiracy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral