Forums
Posted By: cools Trump stable Genius - 9th Mar 2018 12:39pm
Got to say very impressed with Trump at the moment, if only that he seems to have made progress with that crackpot Kim Jong Un. I think our government could learn off Trump and once they've said something just get on and do it! He may have lots of faults and got to admit he looks like a clown but all power to him think he may just get America great again.
Posted By: venice Re: Trump stable Genius - 9th Mar 2018 1:05pm
Would like to agree with you cools but I think its a massive gamble . Felt very queezy when I heard the news thinking that what if they get on like a house on fire - both are mega hotheats and both megalamaniacs , and between them decide they will join together and 'rule the world' regardless of the interests of the poor,the environment, ethics, the planet . Scary thought.
Posted By: casper Re: Trump stable Genius - 9th Mar 2018 4:34pm
Originally Posted by venice
Would like to agree with you cools but I think its a massive gamble . Felt very queezy when I heard the news thinking that what if they get on like a house on fire - both are mega hotheats and both megalamaniacs , and between them decide they will join together and 'rule the world' regardless of the interests of the poor,the environment, ethics, the planet . Scary thought.

I would like to see this happen, but I don't hold out much hope, I still think Trumps not the full shilling along with Kim, the proceedings could well begin with them both making friends by shaking little fingers
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Trump stable Genius - 9th Mar 2018 6:00pm
Originally Posted by cools
Got to say very impressed with Trump at the moment, if only that he seems to have made progress with that crackpot Kim Jong Un. I think our government could learn off Trump and once they've said something just get on and do it! He may have lots of faults and got to admit he looks like a clown but all power to him think he may just get America great again.

I don't think the credit goes to Trump, its been a massive exercise by the UN and other countries over many years, most notably South Korea. The only reason Trump is involved is that to appease the rest of the world the easiest route for Kim is to appease America and promise to end aggressive tactics against South Korea, negotiating with the UK instead of America wouldn't have the same global status.

Don't hold your breath, sometimes these things that look like progress are just time-delaying tactics to let them regroup.

Also, don't believe everything you read about North Korea in our propagandist media. On a few occasions urban explorers have been caught red handed in North Korea buildings they weren't supposed to be in and there were no repercussions, this doesn't tally with what the media say.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump stable Genius - 9th Mar 2018 6:11pm

Exactly true Cools,
Here is President Trump reading a poem called.......The snake. .[sorry a bit off topic]

Posted By: cools Re: Trump stable Genius - 9th Mar 2018 6:19pm
Very good Snowy and yes so true..He certainly does not beat about the bush when he wants to get his points over.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Trump stable Genius - 9th Mar 2018 6:31pm
But Trump has such a narrow-minded business acumen. before you change anything you have to look at the full circle of repurcussions, not just the money.

Aluminium (or Aluminum in Trumps case) takes an enormous amount of electricity, something America is short of. That's why the aluminium industry was hived off to foreign countries.

Many of the imports are imports from American firms.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Trump stable Genius - 12th Mar 2018 10:10am
Got to say very impressed with Trump at the moment, if only that he seems to have made progress with that crackpot Kim Jong Un.

The credit needs to go almost entirely to South Korea, with a bit to the North for agreeing to halt all rocket tests.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un wants to sign a peace treaty after meeting with US President Donald Trump, South Korean media reported, reviving a long-held goal of the North Korean regime.

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/ea...eace-treaty-from-trump-south-korea-media

All Trump has done is troll on Twitter whenever North Korea does a rocket launch.

Did you see Trump's condemnation of Russia when they released the news of their new weapons? No, because he was too gutless. Like all short bullies he likes to pick on weaker people.

There's nothing stable about a world leader who uses Twitter in the wee small hours in the way he does, arguing with celebrities:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/03/politics/donald-trump-celebrity-twitter/index.html

Posted By: cools Re: Trump stable Genius - 24th May 2018 9:08pm
And so it starts again, groan! How depressing it all is , I really thought maybe this was a real breakthrough!
It's just a game to them isn't it ? Soppose we'll have all the insults and threats again . God what a mess!
Posted By: granny Re: Trump stable Genius - 25th May 2018 8:41am
And so it starts again, groan! How depressing it all is , I really thought maybe this was a real breakthrough!
It's just a game to them isn't it ? Soppose we'll have all the insults and threats again . God what a mess!

The whole world is a mess, Cools . All to do with lies, tricks and magic potions . No turning the clock back now though.

I am appalled that UK Government are sending Prince William to Jordan, Israel and Palestine in June. Jordan is one thing, the other two he should not be going to.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Trump stable Genius - 25th May 2018 10:26am
Why not Palestine?
Posted By: granny Re: Trump stable Genius - 25th May 2018 12:38pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Why not Palestine?

Because, he is only going to the West Bank.The suffering of the Palestinians in Gaza will no doubt, not be discussed and it's just another feather in the cap of that horrible man Netanyahu. I don't think Prince William should be used as a pawn in the unstable ME. USA are thrilled to bits about it.... of course. Gaza will see it differently. Also it is thought that Ramallah (where he is visiting) is being looked at as the capital of a new Palestinian State, instead of Jerusalem. He shouldn't be getting caught up in the politics of the area.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral