Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Deadline For Old Paper £10 Notes - 18th Feb 2018 4:56pm
Don't forget the deadline for using the old paper £10 note is 1st March 2018, try not to let too many moths escape while hunting for them.
Posted By: venice Re: Deadline For Old Paper £10 Notes - 18th Feb 2018 5:58pm
Just read somewhere online that you can always exchange old out of circulation paper notes by post directly to the Bank Of England ? Is that true I wonder , I thought that if you missed the deadline to spend, and once the banks had allowed you a few more weeks to pass them in , that that was that .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Deadline For Old Paper £10 Notes - 18th Feb 2018 11:42pm
Originally Posted by venice
Just read somewhere online that you can always exchange old out of circulation paper notes by post directly to the Bank Of England ? Is that true I wonder , I thought that if you missed the deadline to spend, and once the banks had allowed you a few more weeks to pass them in , that that was that .

Yes, unlike coins, banknotes are a warrant issued by the relevant bank and so cannot expire despite no longer being legal tender.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral