Forums
Posted By: cools Prince Harry and Meghan - 27th Nov 2017 10:18pm
Congrats to Harry and Meghan, I personally will look forward to the wedding, lots won't I know!!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 27th Nov 2017 10:21pm
Yes Cools, I am one of those that is already fed up of all the hype.
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 27th Nov 2017 11:01pm

Miseries some people . grin

It's some more happy news Cools, and we share the same opinion on such things. Congratulations to them both. At least they have found love, and I hope they have a long happy life together with lots and lots of little royal babies tugging at their coat tails. With corgis and ponies and playing games in the royal gardens with nanny . Whilst mummy and daddy drink champagne of the terraces of Kensington Palace .

I wish them all of that and more, because they will do more work and travelling in a week than anyone here could even contemplate.

Love it... you can go to bed Dilly , now. It's better than hearing about all the misery in the world.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 27th Nov 2017 11:03pm
I'm with you cools, all the best to them.
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 27th Nov 2017 11:04pm

The wedding is not to be a public holiday, and I would imagine it will be a quiet affair due to her being
a) Roman Catholic
b) divorced.

I don't think divorcees can be married in places like St Pauls i.e. unless the rules have been changed.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 27th Nov 2017 11:18pm
Is that reading right Granny?

Its going to be a quiet affair cause she's A) Roman Catholic.?
Posted By: cools Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 27th Nov 2017 11:32pm
Think I heard on news that her divorce would not be a problem Granny, don't think they'll be able to have a quiet one , we won't allow it. They seem very happy and good together and I hope as he said they make a good team. She's not the typical royal bride to be is she? That's Harry for you always one to rock the establishment...
Yes big year for the royals next year, new royal baby, royal wedding..love it myself.

Posted By: granny Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 27th Nov 2017 11:41pm
Originally Posted by lollipop
Is that reading right Granny?

Its going to be a quiet affair cause she's A) Roman Catholic.?

Yes, because according to tradition I didn't think Roman Catholics were allowed to be married in the C of E. That has been dropped I'm almost sure , in Parish Churches but I doubt it will have been in the Westminster Abbey or St. Pauls, unless a special dispensation is given. That's just my understanding, could be wrong. Nothing against Roman Catholics Lolli, don't worry. smile

Actually , maybe Westminster Abbey would , but that would be a real big affair then.
Just read it could be possible with a multi faith dispensation. She's also Jewish decent on her fathers side.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 27th Nov 2017 11:53pm
I guess you guys have seen this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5122267/Harry-says-Meghan-Diana-best-friends.html
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 27th Nov 2017 11:59pm

Thanks Snowshoes. It was on the Beeb earlier this evening. She's nice I like her, I just hope she doesn't put Kate's nose out. wink
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 12:03am
I don't think so, Kate is 1 or 2 notches above.
No disrespect to Meghan.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 5:41am
Makes you wonder how long this has been planned, its only in 2013 that Royals were allowed to marry Catholics after a 312 year ban.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 8:10am
Hmmmmm! Good job you lot don't live here, catholics, who can marry who, churches of preference!!!

Don't need any more fuel to the fire!!
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 8:51am
I wish them well and don't want to hear any more about them, or their wedding or anything else about them really.

But I suppose it will keep people's minds of the unfolding car-crash of brexit and the fact that the UK economy is in a death spiral so we'll get wall to wall coverage of every detail.

Personally, I find the royals deeply boring, and the grovelling reportage nauseating, but each to his own I suppose.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 9:05am
I too wish them luck, she will need it ! . Let's hope history won't repeat its self.
Posted By: casper Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 10:16am
Originally Posted by cools
Congrats to Harry and Meghan, I personally will look forward to the wedding, lots won't I know!!

I am fed up with it already, I wish them well as I would any young couple but that's as far as it goes, it has already become a bone of contention of who is going to be the better royal wife, and all all this when our dictatorship is up to its usual tricks to mislead the public over brexit, too many people are more interested in football or Royal affairs than what's happening to the future of the country.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 10:24am
Originally Posted by casper

I am fed up with it already, I wish them well as I would any young couple but that's as far as it goes, it has already become a bone of contention of who is going to be the better royal wife, and all all this when our dictatorship is up to its usual tricks to mislead the public over brexit, too many people are more interested in football or Royal affairs than what's happening to the future of the country.
Lets say its a distraction to what is actually going on in the world.

I wish them both all the luck,
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 11:36am
Maybe this is more beneficial to the soul of some ?

Ex-Coronation Street actor Bruno Langley admits sex assaults

Scarlet fever cases hit 50-year high in England

Rohingya refugees forced into sex work

Or maybe the disaster waiting to happen on Bali ?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 11:59am
Originally Posted by granny

Yes granny all of those are what I expect to hear on the news, what I don't want to hear is celebrity gossip for weeks on end, which is really all this engagement amounts to.
Posted By: casper Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 12:10pm
[quote=granny]Maybe this is more beneficial to the soul of some ?

Or maybe the disaster waiting to happen on Bali]

So this wonderful news we have just received will actually draw peoples attention away from all this "bad news" but the bad news will still be there granny, so in consequence lets forget about everything else and immerse ourselves in the Disney world of Royalty and everything will be ok at the wave of a magic Royal wand, and all the bad news will disappear, I think its called burying ones head in the sand, perhaps our young Royals might benefit from a few odd billion bung to enhance their marital bliss courtesy of the tax payer. Bah humbug!
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 12:49pm
It has started already.

Despite the government censoring bad brexit news in a report on its effect on various industries, the tabloids are full of the happy couple!

Of the two, I know which one I know which one I would prefer to see coverage of, and it ain't a B-list actress getting hitched to a royal. But I suppose if you are a head-in-the-sand brexiteer, you are likely to prefer Royal Romances to real life too.

Even the Guardian, that can usually be relied upon to have a reasonable view of what is important, has half its front page devoted to this pair with cheesy grins firmly in place.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 1:15pm
One can always try to multi think. I watched "last men in Aleppo" last night. I can still manage a smile reading First World problems we choose to hype in our own minds.I learned some respect for the situation those people find themselves in through no fault of their own, and "choose" to ignore gossip that is oxygen for some.
Posted By: cools Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 1:34pm
Think we're all aware of all the problems facing Britain and indeed the World but walking around in a world of doom and gloom when there is little we can do about it is deeply depressing. We need Abit of Disney world of Royalty to quote Casper. We do Royal weddings so well and just for that day we can all be proud and forget about this broken world....Still plenty of time for all the pessimists and bad news to be banged on about. cry
Posted By: casper Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 1:52pm
The trouble is cools that we will be force fed this drivel for the next few weeks by the media, the TV is bad enough with trashy soaps and celebrity this that or the other dominating the evening viewing.
Posted By: cools Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 2:03pm
I think its hot news at the moment and a couple if weeks but then it will die off and back to bad news every day. we haven't heard much about Kate and the imminent royal baby have we so a little injection of good news surely is good...Not so for the anti- royalists I understand..
Posted By: assassin Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 2:36pm
I look at the news like (does it affect on my life or my family if no more on)
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 2:55pm
Originally Posted by Dilly

Yes granny all of those are what I expect to hear on the news, what I don't want to hear is celebrity gossip for weeks on end, which is really all this engagement amounts to.

There are plenty more news channels beside ours in the UK , expand your knowledge rather than focus on our well indoctrinated media reports and save the rest of us who like a bit of happiness in our lives, from being rubbished and dragged into the pit with all the doom and gloom merchants.

I assume Casper who has had enough of soaps etc. and the dismal entertainment offered on our screens, must have another passion for making him feel miserable about life.

If we are chastised for being happy about something, then the world is on the cusp of turning in on itself.

Try a bit of happiness , lighten up if only for a little while.

[youtube]y6Sxv-sUYtM[/youtube]
Posted By: venice Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 3:06pm
Quote cools " we can all be proud" -- proud we can organize a wedding? we as a nation will spend hours watching all this organized stuff to do with the wedding, etc , whilst our country is generally going down the pan because we have stupid politicians who virtually give away our gold , allow our industries to be sold off abroad, who have courts who make the most stupid decisions ,who sold off social housing whilst having increasing numbers of people bedding down on the streets ,who pay millions in wasted unmonitered foreign aid whilst our NHS dies......

But yes,perhaps its a kind of relief rather than pride,but looking around the world and seeing whats going on eleswhere I remain glad that I live in a country with at least relatively civilized behaviour.
Posted By: casper Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 3:10pm
Tut tut granny, chastised never, I am glad that you get some happiness from the Royal news, however I have just wasted 70p on a newspaper trumpeting the virtues of the royal couple, and pictures of the prospective bride in her scanties, as nice as it must be for Harry, I prefer someone more mature. wink xxx
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 3:21pm
Originally Posted by casper
Tut tut granny, chastised never, I am glad that you get some happiness from the Royal news, however I have just wasted 70p on a newspaper trumpeting the virtues of the royal couple, and pictures of the prospective bride in her scanties, as nice as it must be for Harry, I prefer someone more mature. wink xxx

Wasting 70p on a rag is your choice, Casper. As is Harry's choice of 'bride to be', and not you preference . You obviously were happy to read the tit bits, so that was a brief moment of happiness for you . I feel proud of you. wink

If you want misery, save yourself 70p and stick with this, up to the minute reporting (and no mention of Royals):

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/World+News
Posted By: assassin Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 3:45pm
Did we rally need a news flash on bbc1 to tell us this news? I not think so
with rolling news we get to know that

1. David Beckham has got a tattoo (for real this is news how?)
2. That all the Kardashians are pregnant (oh please)
3. Dolly Parton is going to be on CBeebies (rolleyes)
4. Jack Maynard (who ever he/she is said something 10 years ago on twitter. (get over it)
5. Wayne Rooney began his community service by painting benches at a nursery.

and now harry and meg it will be who's making her dress where are they getting wed who's going when is it, will it rain not forgetting the oh Diana would of love that (hat coat horse, flag, ring, doll and cup) then after they wed it'll be when's she having kids and so on and so on...
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 3:59pm
I think its hot news at the moment and a couple if weeks but then it will die off and back to bad news every day. we haven't heard much about Kate and the imminent royal baby have we so a little injection of good news surely is good...Not so for the anti- royalists I understand..

But why do you see it as good news ?

Charles and Diana was seen as good news and we all know how that ended, well at least those of us that don't wear rose tinted glasses do.
Posted By: assassin Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 4:22pm
Prince Harry's kids will be Americans. What if one grows up to be president and is in line for the throne at the same time? Brits are playing long-ball here, but it's a smart move. They want America back and this is how they'll do it. wink
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 5:22pm
Yellowstone Park had 1400 earthquakes in 6 weeks this year, if that decides to do some fireworks to celebrate the royal wedding it will become a bit of a distraction.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 5:27pm
Happy for them. He seems half decent chap considering his lineage..But I wont go out my way to watch the wedding or follow the hype if its televised.
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 7:07pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
Happy for them. He seems half decent chap considering his lineage..But I wont go out my way to watch the wedding or follow the hype if its televised.

Surprised at you Fish. I imagined that you would be up their with your clippers, manicuring the topiary bushes.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 9:04pm
As per usual, wiki posts about the 'Royal' family-highlight the same old divisions

5% Hate them
5% Love Them

The Rest (pretty much for every topic-to be fair) do not give a Shit enough to comment.
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 9:08pm
Don't understand why you bother to comment either as you haven't commented on the topic , only the members .
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 9:10pm

Don't understand why you bother to comment either.
Because this is a Forum and I have posted my opinion. Just like the other contributers.
Posted By: cools Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 9:18pm
The same can be said about your political posts Rude, don't see many comments after you've posted...
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 9:20pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX

Because this is a Forum and I have posted my opinion. Just like the other contributers.

Shame you don't comment,probably 1% of wiki would be interested in what you have to say, that 1% being yourself of course.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 9:26pm
The same can be said about your political posts Rude, don't see many comments after you've posted...
When was my last 'political post'? I assume you mean New Topics?

Do you not realise that virtually every New Topic on here is Political? How many Brexit threads are there? How many about immigration? Are these not 'political'?

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 9:26pm

Shame you don't comment,probably 1% of wiki would be interested in what you have to say, that 1% being yourself of course.
Yer...yer. laugh
Posted By: cools Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 9:39pm
Yes and some are more interesting than others. Every post you make Rude is political as we are subjected to Leader of the Labour Party JC,s name at the end.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 9:45pm
Yes and some are more interesting than others. Every post you make Rude is political as we are subjected to Leader of the Labour Party JC,s name at the end.
So? Your point is? You can opt not to see my 'signature'.It's a 'signature'- not a post. Hey, you can even opt out of seeing my posts, if you choose to. Go to 'My Stuff' and follow the instructions.
Posted By: cools Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 9:53pm
As you said yourself Rude, it's a forum and we can all get as involved as we wish. I enjoy reading all the posts then if I'm interested I will post if not I say nothing. There's a difference in debating a subject than just plain insulting people's views.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 10:00pm
As you said yourself Rude, it's a forum and we can all get as involved as we wish. I enjoy reading all the posts then if I'm interested I will post if not I say nothing. There's a difference in debating a subject than just plain insulting people's views.
Eh? What? What insult have I made? And to whom?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 28th Nov 2017 10:03pm
Eh? What? What insult have I made? And to whom?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 9:05am
As per usual, wiki posts about the 'Royal' family-highlight the same old divisions

5% Hate them
5% Love Them

The Rest (pretty much for every topic-to be fair) do not give a Shit enough to comment.

I can see no problem with this post?
It's a statement of fact, you're all just too blind to see it.
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 9:07am

contributors
Posted By: cools Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 9:09am
Welcome back Spellbinder..
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 9:09am
Originally Posted by _Ste_

5% Hate them
5% Love Them

I can see no problem with this post?
It's a statement of fact, you're all just too blind to see it.

It's a statement of opinion.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 9:20am
Spellbinder, do you really have nothing better to do than correct people's spelling ? Comment on people's posts by all means but stop trying to be head teacher, it's boring !
Posted By: venice Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 10:11am
He's BACK lol. This could spell trubble. grin
Posted By: snowhite Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 10:14am
Originally Posted by venice
Get to the back of the class Venice. laugh
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 10:30am
Originally Posted by venice

I'm afrade I will have two chaztyze you Venice smile
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 10:49am

Welcome back, Spellbinder. At least, Cools and I have missed you. Don't take any notice of that naughty Venice , and always remember, Dilly doesn't do 'happy' . laugh
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 10:55am

Back on topic.... A May wedding at St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle.

Sounds very nice. I can see blossom, doves and butterflies.
Posted By: assassin Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 12:37pm
Spellbinder Should we not be talking like the queen with the royal we and one or even Shakespeare?

spelling is an ever changing thing

pram is rightly spelt Pramulater Bus is omnibus

snapchat and selfie wasn't a word 10 years ago

Stop to think could that person have dyslexia or could English not be their first language, you fixing their grammar could put new people off posting on here and who knows they could know something to the said topic.

If you can understand what they are going on about does it matter if they used there their or they're.

Posted By: dustymclean Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 1:18pm
Anybody know?? what date Dolly Parton is on CBeebies.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 1:37pm
Originally Posted by dustymclean

New year's eve.
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 2:03pm
Originally Posted by dustymclean

raftl
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 3:26pm

Back on topic.... A May wedding at St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle.

Sounds very nice. I can see blossom, doves and butterflies.

As we live in the Royal Borough we are delighted with the news.
Posted By: cools Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 3:42pm
Very nice, lucky you Spellbinder....Are you male or female, we've all been wondering? Maybe you want to keep us guessing?..
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 4:00pm
Dictionaries as books are neuters.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 4:10pm
Spellbinder....lol.

Oh Gee!! The gangs all back together again!!!
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 4:15pm
Very nice, lucky you Spellbinder....Are you male or female, we've all been wondering? Maybe you want to keep us guessing?..

All?

Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 4:19pm
Originally Posted by Spellbinder

All?

Not me !
Posted By: cools Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 4:21pm
Ok Dilly, I'll rephrase it , I've been wondering...
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 4:30pm
Originally Posted by Spellbinder

All?

Not me !

Not I
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 4:59pm
Posted By: assassin Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 5:10pm
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 6:59pm
Posted By: venice Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 7:19pm
spellbinder is male . He has identified himself as such in previous post/s.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 8:11pm
Stalking Venice...... Just saying.... Lol
Posted By: venice Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 9:47pm
Ha ! Not quite , but I do get bored sometimes lol.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 29th Nov 2017 11:48pm
I sat agog reading the O.P of the following link:

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3098820-to-think-it-s-unfair-on-hrh-catherine

raftl laffin

Posted By: venice Re: Prince Harry and Meghan - 30th Nov 2017 12:58pm
Just had a flick through the responses to it, several sum it up quite well and concisely I thought grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral