Forums
Posted By: cools Hurricane Irma - 7th Sep 2017 5:49pm
Wow some damage beng done by this and before that Harvey. Someone's not happy with the way the worlds going and showing us that without one bomb Earth could be wiped out.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Hurricane Irma - 7th Sep 2017 7:02pm
This is huge cools. Many millions in deep
trouble. We have some neighbours at Disney
World coming back Saturday instead of Sunday.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Hurricane Irma - 7th Sep 2017 8:38pm
Posted By: cools Re: Hurricane Irma - 7th Sep 2017 8:48pm
Don't think there's any need for sarcasm Rude, think Snowshoes was just making the point that people in Florida are being evacuated because it's going to hit there. I don't see any humour in this situation at all.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Hurricane Irma - 7th Sep 2017 10:17pm
There was no sarcasm intended. The same content by another poster would have been taken in the context intended.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Hurricane Irma - 7th Sep 2017 10:47pm
Didn't get to see what you posted RUDEBOX.
Can merely conclude.
Posted By: cools Re: Hurricane Irma - 7th Sep 2017 11:12pm
My reply would have been the same to anyone who posted what you did Rude, and obviously Mark thought it was bad taste as well.
Posted By: granny Re: Hurricane Irma - 7th Sep 2017 11:14pm
Originally Posted by snowshoes
This is huge cools. Many millions in deep
trouble. We have some neighbours at Disney
World coming back Saturday instead of Sunday.

Said on the news tonight that in one place the hotel guests have been told to evacuate, they have gone to the airport, and there are no seats available on any flights out to UK.

Barbuda looks destroyed.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Hurricane Irma - 7th Sep 2017 11:32pm
I don't think you guys have any notion
Of what devastation this hurricane is
causing plus there is two more behind it
on the way.
Posted By: granny Re: Hurricane Irma - 7th Sep 2017 11:47pm

I doubt we do, not having experienced anything like it. I did live through a night from hell in Suffolk 1987, when the wind speed peaked at 110mph. That was horrific, and a lot of damage plus we weren't given any warning, but this is unimaginable.
Posted By: cools Re: Hurricane Irma - 8th Sep 2017 7:39am
Earthquake in Mexico now possible tsunami, so many natural disasters going on at the moment, don't think I'll be moaning about the rain here today.Such bad news every time you turn on the news.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Hurricane Irma - 8th Sep 2017 8:54am
Hopefully, it will persuade Trump that there really IS something in this global warming business after all and it is high time his country did something to alleviate it, rather than carrying on pumping more and more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere every year.

There seems to be a good chance of his bling flagship golf resort Mar a Lago being inundated. It is only a few metres above mean sea level and a storm surge as big as predicted would see it under water.

On the plus side, it has diverted the president's attention from sabre rattling around the Korean Peninsula which may allow things to cool a little there.
Posted By: granny Re: Hurricane Irma - 8th Sep 2017 9:44am
Originally Posted by cools
Earthquake in Mexico now possible tsunami, so many natural disasters going on at the moment, don't think I'll be moaning about the rain here today.Such bad news every time you turn on the news.

It is Cools, and the book of Revelations keeps shouting at me.
We never hear anything about the ships at sea in these events. There are plenty of them around, but I suppose they may change course or something if there is such a forecast.

I think the yachts that sailed from Liverpool are a lot further south than this.

They are preparing the animals in Big Cat Sanctuary in Tampa on Explore.org I hope it misses them as I'm not really sure quite what they can do of any worth against this .

Posted By: snowhite Re: Hurricane Irma - 8th Sep 2017 9:53am
[youtube]v=O16tEngFsgc[/youtube]Its going to get worse.
Posted By: granny Re: Hurricane Irma - 8th Sep 2017 10:24am

Quite likely Snowy, by the time this video is finished. It's 2 hours long ! laugh
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Hurricane Irma - 8th Sep 2017 10:28am
Been earthquakes and stuff around well before "global warming" so not necessarily a cause unless global warming is a cyclical event.

Granny the prophetical stuff in Revelation is fascinating and so colourful in its language and pictures. Over the years done some background study on it and the different interpretations etc. Not just physical disasters but religious and political signs. The mark of the beast is of course an interesting one as it appears to be on a global scale...but who knows! One that still puzzles me is the reference to "Jews who are not Jews but of the synagogue of Satan"
Jesus made the comment that when all these things are happening the end is NOT yet. (if indeed he is referring to future events as portrayed in Revelation.
Think most of us will be pushing up the daisies by then.
Posted By: granny Re: Hurricane Irma - 9th Sep 2017 7:41am

What has really pissed me off about this is the criticism against the response to the devastation Irma has caused. Until they knew the situation there was not much anyone could put in place.
I'm disgusted at the way so many knock this country down at times, and the people who do so much good. I can't imagine how the guys going over there to help must be feeling now, probably pretty down trodden. At least the runway survived well enough for them to land on.
Posted By: casper Re: Hurricane Irma - 9th Sep 2017 5:24pm
With you on this granny, it really pisses me off as well,we are usually one of the first with aid and assistance yet all we get is critisimn, I know we are responsible for these Islands, but we also help and assist other countries we are not responsible for aswell, it makes you wonder why we bother.
Posted By: granny Re: Hurricane Irma - 9th Sep 2017 5:40pm
Casper, we agree ! Bless you... smile

Now here we have BCR (Big Cat Rescue) at Tampa in Florida. They have done what they can for the animals, and sitting waiting. You can see any commentaries as you scroll down. Though I may as well put it here as it's part of this dreadfully sad topic.
I hope the animals will be ok. It's looking breezier now than it was this morning when all was calm.
I think the cats might be hiding. Maybe they can sense things, as they do with earthquakes, long before they happen.
Get different views of the centre by scrolling along the base of the one on view atm to other views .

https://explore.org/livecams/cats/big-cat-rescue-tiger-lake

Posted By: cools Re: Hurricane Irma - 9th Sep 2017 5:53pm
Just looked at that myself Granny, talk about the Lull before the Storm! Everybody must be so frightened over there knowing the horrendous damage Irma has already doled out.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Hurricane Irma - 9th Sep 2017 8:55pm
Originally Posted by cools
Just looked at that myself Granny, talk about the Lull before the Storm! Everybody must be so frightened over there knowing the horrendous damage Irma has already doled out.

Listen live on the Zello app as it happens.
Posted By: granny Re: Hurricane Irma - 10th Sep 2017 2:16pm

Just terrible. With all our technology and knowledge, there will never be a chance against 'mother nature'.

Very sad for so many.
Posted By: keef666 Re: Hurricane Irma - 10th Sep 2017 2:48pm
Funny how North Korea sets a bomb off and all of a sudden we get all this bad weather across the Globe!
Posted By: assassin Re: Hurricane Irma - 10th Sep 2017 4:42pm
Only in the USA, police in Florida urge people not to shoot at hurricane Irma link and the winner of the Darwin award for 2017 is USA
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Hurricane Irma - 10th Sep 2017 7:31pm
Miami Beach cam

Clicky
© Wirral-Wikiwirral