Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Total Madness - 23rd Aug 2017 3:20pm
Ludlow hospital refused a £2,500 charity donation from fundraisers because they were men dressed as (female) nurses.

This is just totally crazy, its not like the men were even dressed as extreme Benny Hill nurses with a pair of loaves bursting out etc.

Personally I think the administrators should be fined the same amount as they refused to accept and that be donated to the hospital.

Does anyone else really think this is over-sexualised and/or demeaning?

SOURCE

Attached picture stream_img.jpg
Posted By: Dilly Re: Total Madness - 23rd Aug 2017 5:14pm
What a load of bollo#ks, another victory for the loony do gooders of this country and a loss to the hospital.Well done !
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Total Madness - 23rd Aug 2017 5:18pm
I don't see why it is necessary to dress in drag to raise money for a good cause. I dislike the assumption that I am more likely to contribute to someone doing something ridiculous than looking at the merits of the cause.

Certainly, I'd be much more likely to give cash to someone dressed normally and collecting for a hospital than to cough up for some bloke who thinks dressing up as a woman is a good idea. I would avoid such a person, not wanting to become part of a spectacle. Why don't they try collecting without making turning it into such a circus? They might find they collect MORE money that way.

Sorry, but I agree with the board refusing the money.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Total Madness - 23rd Aug 2017 5:25pm
Perhaps sponsoring trolling would raise more money, it seems to be a normal part of life for many these days.
Posted By: cools Re: Total Madness - 23rd Aug 2017 6:01pm
Honestly this world's gone mad! This sort of thing has gone on for years, people find it funny , demeaning to female nurses my ass!!! Well there's lots of other charities that will take it willingly....some years ago the hospital I worked for brought out a naked calendar of staff with props hiding their modesty, it was sold to raise money for the hospital. Now I found that Abit offensive and demeaning as did alot of others, but this just stupid stupid stupid!!!!!
Posted By: palemoon Re: Total Madness - 23rd Aug 2017 6:15pm
Ex, please, just stop it.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Total Madness - 23rd Aug 2017 7:20pm
Its a hate crime...prejudice against trannies. Viva dame edna and sir leslie patterson..
Posted By: Dilly Re: Total Madness - 23rd Aug 2017 8:13pm
Don't think you can call them trannies Fish, not politically correct. I think they are cross dressers although I don't know what they are angry about smile
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Total Madness - 23rd Aug 2017 8:47pm
Sorry to upset the party line. But it's what I think.

And evidently, I am not the only one to think so.

You really don't have to demean yourself to ask for money for charity. It does reflect on the intended recipients too, you know.
Posted By: granny Re: Total Madness - 23rd Aug 2017 9:21pm

Next stop, the pantomime dame.

This is completely ludicrous, considering they have been collecting for this charity since 1987.

Where on earth has the light-hearted humour gone to, in this country ?

Ms Ditheridge (Dither by name dither by nature) must have gone to the same school as EX.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Total Madness - 23rd Aug 2017 9:46pm

Best look for a new career Madame Biggins smile
Posted By: starakita Re: Total Madness - 23rd Aug 2017 9:48pm
Getting fed up with all this political correctness & the fear of offending someone or other.We'll end up like the Oliver Cromwell crowd,no fun puritans,they didn't seem to like fun of any kind
Posted By: Dilly Re: Total Madness - 23rd Aug 2017 9:56pm
Makes me wonder if the will eventually stop men dressing as women in the gay pride marches, I doubt it though because that wouldn't be politically correct.
Posted By: granny Re: Total Madness - 23rd Aug 2017 10:54pm

What about women dressing as men ?
Posted By: granny Re: Total Madness - 23rd Aug 2017 10:57pm
Originally Posted by starakita
Getting fed up with all this political correctness & the fear of offending someone or other.We'll end up like the Oliver Cromwell crowd,no fun puritans,they didn't seem to like fun of any kind

That lot banned Christmas. That should have suited Dilly.

and 'that woman' is probably in a new position and trying to justify her enormous salary.(as all miserable 'no-mates- do) They get so 'jobsworth' don't they ?
Posted By: starakita Re: Total Madness - 24th Aug 2017 11:06am
Perhaps we could ship all these miserable people who don't like fun on the Mayflower 2 to an island were they can all be miserable together
Posted By: Near_Oval Re: Total Madness - 24th Aug 2017 2:15pm
Originally Posted by starakita
Perhaps we could ship all these miserable people who don't like fun on the Mayflower 2 to an island were they can all be miserable together

Did you forget the boat ride? laugh
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Total Madness - 25th Aug 2017 12:19pm
If your idea of fun is lampooning people then perhaps you should re-examine it

It was once considered 'fun' to make jokes about black people
It was once considered 'fun' to make jokes about gays.
It was once considered 'fun' to make jokes about stupid Irishmen
It was once considered 'fun' to make jokes about mothers in law.

Times change, and so do social attitudes. For the better in my opinion if not yours. The joke topics mentioned are now considered at best bad taste, at worst racist or sexist. Few find them funny.

To end on a slightly lighter note; I was once in a group in a pub telling 'Irish' jokes. One of the group was a rather quiet girl from Dublin, and eventually, she was asked for a contribution.

"How do Irishmen make love?" she asked.

"Dunno" came the reply from the audience.

"And you think the Irish are thick!" was her response.

Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Total Madness - 25th Aug 2017 1:30pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator

Times change, and so do social attitudes. For the better in my opinion if not yours. The joke topics mentioned are now considered at best bad taste, at worst racist or sexist. Few find them funny.

What is your evidence for this?
Posted By: cools Re: Total Madness - 25th Aug 2017 2:01pm
My response to Ex, Yawn Yawn!!!!!!!!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Total Madness - 25th Aug 2017 2:14pm

And there exists my concern, four of those could be classed as a "hate crime" and one wouldn't. Why is there a differential?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Total Madness - 25th Aug 2017 2:27pm
You only have to watch the likes of Father ted, Mrs Browns boys and a few other shows and you will see even the Irish are Mickey taking the Irish. It is just humour, not to everyone's taste but nothing is.
Posted By: granny Re: Total Madness - 25th Aug 2017 4:51pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

And there exists my concern, four of those could be classed as a "hate crime" and one wouldn't. Why is there a differential?

DD, you didn't read the 'source' properly !

Our policy, Prosecuting Crimes Against Older People, makes clear to older people, their families, communities and the general public that the CPS understands the serious implications of this type of crime. You can read the CPS Policy on Prosecuting Crimes against Older People here.

raftl raftl raftl

At what age does OLD start ?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Total Madness - 25th Aug 2017 5:06pm
You've lost me there granny???
Posted By: granny Re: Total Madness - 25th Aug 2017 5:37pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
You've lost me there granny???

Which one wasn't classed as 'hate crime'/ I assume 'mother-in-law jokes.

Therefore how old is a mother-in-law. Are they old ? If so what age does OLD begin at ?

Do I have to spell it out ? It wasn't funny, ok...no it wasn't . Don't be nasty. Hate crime.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Total Madness - 25th Aug 2017 5:44pm
Don't understand where "old" comes into it, mother outlaws can be in their thirties, "hate crime" isn't age specific.

Perhaps you aren't having a "young" day?
Posted By: palemoon Re: Total Madness - 26th Aug 2017 7:23am
Originally Posted by cools
My response to Ex, Yawn Yawn!!!!!!!!

My advice is to totally ignore any posts from Excoriator.
I subscribe to several forums and a couple of them have similar type contributors to Ex, they are known as WUMs (wind-up merchants). They are well informed and articulate but the only reason they post is to put forward an alternative argument to the popular opinion.

See:
excoriate

verb
To excoriate a person or organization means to criticize them severely, usually in public.

Why anyone takes enjoyment from this is a mystery to me but may I suggest that if you wish to avoid confrontation you do not encourage him to post by not replying.

Posted By: venice Re: Total Madness - 29th Aug 2017 9:22pm
What would a forum be without someone playing Devils Advocate here and there lol! Makes life interesting sometimes , especially on subjects where nearly everyone is expressing roughly the same line. Variety is the spice of life .
Posted By: granny Re: Total Madness - 5th Sep 2017 7:57pm

Keeping up with fashion. John Lewis now have their new brand Girls and Boys (or Boys and Girls as half the clothes are tagged ).

Those who think it is essential to be able to tell at a glance whether a child is a girl or a boy may be relieved to hear not everything has changed.

John Lewis is still selling dresses - although they are tagged with the same "Girls and Boys" label as the children's trousers.

Someone has asked if John Lewis should now be called Joan Lewis.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Total Madness - 5th Sep 2017 8:09pm
I believe they are no longer going to sell blue or pink tutus in case there is an implied gender target. Black, white, red and yellow are out because of racial connotations and purple is out in case we become a republic during Brexit. Green and orange are out for political associations. So from now on, all tutus are going to transparent, just like the Emperor's clothes.
Posted By: granny Re: Total Madness - 5th Sep 2017 10:04pm
Empress's !

Does this also mean we have to delete pronouns from the English language and refer to everyone as an 'it' or a 'he'. They used to do that in ancient languages. ( I think Hebrew)

That is why God is referred to as HE, as the original Hebrew translation of which they did not have another suitable translation as the pronoun is always the 3rd person, masculine, singular.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral