Forums
Posted By: cools Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 9:55am
Just like to mark Prince Philips last day of official duties and say you've done a grand job Sir and enjoy your retirement. Think he's deserved it at 96, our lovely Queen will miss him at her side...Sorry I've got all your backs up non royalists you'll get over it, ha..
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 11:56am

Here, here, Cools.

Prince Philip has been a marvellous Consort for our Queen and supported so much more besides. I wish him a Very Happy Retirement .

Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 12:15pm
About time the old biddy threw the towel in too smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 1:48pm
Originally Posted by Dilly

You want Chaz????
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 1:52pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

You want Chaz????

Even he is past his sell by date now smile
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 1:54pm
Sorry DD, did you mean Chaz Dingle ? laffin
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 5:32pm
Sorry DD, did you mean Chaz Dingle ? laffin

I think most of the Emmerdale cast would get my vote over Charles Philip Arthur George Windsor.

Mentioning Dingles, I only found out the other day that Cain Dingle and Rhona are married in real life. There is something going to happen between those two soon in Emmerdale.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 5:46pm
Yes DD and isn't Debbie dingle married to David from the shop ?
Posted By: cools Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 6:09pm
Listen to you too ha,,and they say women are worse for the soaps!!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 6:45pm
Originally Posted by cools
Listen to you too ha,,and they say women are worse for the soaps!!

Only Emerdale and Corrie Cools, don't do that Eastenders s#it smile
Posted By: cools Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 6:56pm
I only watch them as well Dilly, not watched EastEnders for years liked in early days with DirtyDen and Angie. Also Billy the vicar and Daniel Ken Barlow's brainy grandson are an item in real life.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 7:01pm
I only watch them as well Dilly, not watched EastEnders for years liked in early days with DirtyDen and Angie. Also Billy the vicar and Daniel Ken Barlow's brainy grandson are an item in real life.

Cools, Corrie is real life ! smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 7:20pm
Yes DD and isn't Debbie dingle married to David from the shop ?

Yes, but the last I heard was that they are both leaving. A lot of culls going on at the moment.

Eastenders is painfully boring, only watch that because its placed between the other soaps. Corrie isn't usually up to much at the moment and Emmerdale gets surreal.

It annoys me that they copy each other's plots almost non-stop, some characters are almost carbon copies across soaps.

If Eastenders had a stronger moral plot I would understand why the BBC are allowed to get involved in soaps, its supposed to be a public service broadcast the trashy stuff should be left to the commercial channels.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 7:36pm
This thread has turned into A Corrie, Emerdale topic.Just shows how much people are interested in the old fart retiring laffin
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 7:45pm
Its the mention of Prince Charles that turned it into a soap opera.
Posted By: cools Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 7:46pm
Well I'm going to end my last post on this thread by saying once again , You did a grand job Prince Philip and enjoy your retirement Sir..God save the Queen!!! To the tower Dilly ,orfff with his head!!!ha...
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 9:11pm
Well I'm going to end my last post on this thread by saying once again , You did a grand job Prince Philip and enjoy your retirement Sir..God save the Queen!!! To the tower Dilly ,orfff with his head!!!ha...

As long as they leave my crown jewels intact smile
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 9:53pm

Nothing I can see that should have offended anyone, so grow up !

So much disrespect on here. We don't need any more of the negative comments.

I wish him all the best too and at least Cools has the ability to stand up for what she believes in.

The remainder just stick with your pathetic soaps, they contribute a lot to your dull lives. smile
Posted By: cools Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 10:30pm
I take it in good jest Granny, surprised we didn't get more abuse , you know what I mean ??
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 11:02pm
I take it in good jest Granny, surprised we didn't get more abuse , you know what I mean ??

Haha ! I do know what you mean, give it time ! I sure hope Dilly and DD aren't weeping somewhere. hi
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Philip - 2nd Aug 2017 11:18pm
I wept when Bobby the cat died in Corrie granny smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Prince Philip - 3rd Aug 2017 12:44am
I stayed away because of the Topic Title. No interest.

Was alerted here to read a(nother) 'Granny Rant'. laugh

Thought I was on the wrong link....all about Soaps.

Typical 'modern' wiki now - the content of the topic does not match the Title!

offtopic used to be a cardinal sin.
Posted By: granny Re: Prince Philip - 3rd Aug 2017 12:51am

Well it appears that it isn't any longer.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...ved-ancient-or-historical-mysteries.html
Posted By: Dilly Re: Prince Philip - 3rd Aug 2017 5:46am
Originally Posted by granny

Different rules for some people granny !
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Prince Philip - 3rd Aug 2017 12:07pm
I can't see that he did either a 'good' or a 'bad' job as it isn't really much of a job anyway. In either case it has zero effect on anyone's life.

My preference would be to get shot of the monarchy completely and have a president instead. You might not like the one chosen - imagine president Gove or Farage for instance - but he is chosen by US, and only there for a set period. To me this is far better than someone over which you have NO choice and is there until they die of old age.

Call it arrogance if you like, but I want to be a citizen and not a 'subject' of the monarch. I have nothing against the actual royal family as people, however, and if royalists wish to continue to grovel to them, then they are more than welcome to do so.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Prince Philip - 3rd Aug 2017 1:38pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
I can't see that he did either a 'good' or a 'bad' job as it isn't really much of a job anyway. In either case it has zero effect on anyone's life.

My preference would be to get shot of the monarchy completely and have a president instead. You might not like the one chosen - imagine president Gove or Farage for instance - but he is chosen by US, and only there for a set period. To me this is far better than someone over which you have NO choice and is there until they die of old age.

Call it arrogance if you like, but I want to be a citizen and not a 'subject' of the monarch. I have nothing against the actual royal family as people, however, and if royalists wish to continue to grovel to them, then they are more than welcome to do so.
Good point Ex. Farage would make a great president for the UK.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Prince Philip - 3rd Aug 2017 5:22pm
Well, if he didn't he can be got rid of.

How are you going to get rid of King Charles? Rhetorical question. You can't.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral