Forums
Posted By: cools Trump - 20th Jan 2017 4:16pm
Well Granny mentioned the T word briefly but I'm surprised he's not been mentioned alot today. I'm just watching the lead up to his inauguration and his family, every time I see his son Baron Trump he looks so miserable or is it the look of possibly a spoilt brat?
Posted By: j_demo Re: Trump - 20th Jan 2017 4:32pm
Been in work so can't watch it but i personally don't think it's the "end of the world as we know it" as people keep harping on about.
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 20th Jan 2017 4:48pm
Also watching it, Cools. As you say, mini Trump looks very terrified as his mother also does.

If nothing else I imagine she will give cause for a new wave of 'look alike Melania ' trend .

His daughter is going to take her place initially. It's a real family affair. Not good , why does he need his sons involved as well ?

Obama's look somewhat subdued, Michelle particularly .
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 20th Jan 2017 5:06pm
His speech is all sounding a bit hypocritical. Is he about to divide his wealth up for the people he proposes were forgotten by the wealthy establishment ?
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Trump - 20th Jan 2017 5:15pm
Wow, this is quite the speech!!!!!
Posted By: cools Re: Trump - 20th Jan 2017 5:18pm
He gives a good speech and I think gives people optimism that jobs will abound and things will be great really what we all want I think, whether he achieves that well I don't know, hope so .Not saying he hasn't got a madness about him that is a worry. We,ll have to wait and see.
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 20th Jan 2017 5:22pm
Got to give it to him , a fantastic speech, very committed and without any notes.

Let's hope he can achieve all he hopes and nothing comes along to throw his plans up in the air.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Trump - 20th Jan 2017 5:31pm
Wish him all the luck, never what he wants to do he will have to out-manoeuvre the establishment first and there is a lot more money controlling things than his paltry wealth.

I thought the national anthem was funny, could have chosen someone with a more powerful voice and a xylophone that was in-tune.

I hope if America goes more nationalistic that we follow suit.

He was using cue-screens the same as Obama does.
Posted By: cools Re: Trump - 20th Jan 2017 5:36pm
Yep I'd like to see us go down the nationalistic path and look after our selves abit more too.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Trump - 20th Jan 2017 5:49pm

Attached picture vg.jpg
Posted By: Beethoven Re: Trump - 20th Jan 2017 6:15pm
I'll give him six months until his government sponsored execution / assassination, too many influential people with too much money at stake to have a maverick president.
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 20th Jan 2017 6:35pm
Administration announces. Missile defence system against Iran and North Korea.
Committed to eliminating 'climate plan'
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 21st Jan 2017 11:54am
God bless the new president, Donald Trump.
May he make America great again.
Amazing man.
Amazing speech.Not all about him it was all about the American people and America.
Posted By: casper Re: Trump - 21st Jan 2017 2:06pm
There is only one thing that Trump is interested in and that's Trump, tell me the old old story, how many times has it been reworded? it usually begins with we are going to blah blah blah, the electorate always gets suckered by sweet words and promises, except for us, the Tories don't even bother now they just carry on in the same old Tory fashion, a spoon of codliver oil to swallow the lies and deceit. yes
Posted By: venice Re: Trump - 21st Jan 2017 2:27pm
Originally Posted by Beethoven
I'll give him six months until his government sponsored execution / assassination, too many influential people with too much money at stake to have a maverick president.

Having watched " Goldman Sachs the Bank that Rules The World" again this morning (Aljazeera)(wonder if that timing was planned?) you are absoultely right Beethoven, its the money (GS) that rules the world , no-one else. We know Hilary was Goldman Sachs 'family' through and through, but although he's defo outside 'The Establishment' , Im not sure we know where Trump stands with them . Maybe it will suit them to have him there in which case , he will stay , well supported , and America may thrive . What I do believe is that his success or downfall is already in the bag courtesy of Goldman Sachs, and they will have positioned themselves to benefit, whichever way that is .

Posted By: fish5133 Re: Trump - 21st Jan 2017 6:16pm
I was a little confused about his making America great nationalistic bit and then his pledge to eradicate radical Islamic terrorists. I would hope its not his finger on the nuclear button.
Posted By: venice Re: Trump - 21st Jan 2017 6:28pm
Whats confusing ? Both good aims if done reasonably? WE should get more Nationalistic for sure
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 21st Jan 2017 7:49pm
Originally Posted by Beethoven

Well, how likely is it that there could be a spy in his porridge ?

The International Spy Museum hold a small clock that was given to President Regan from a group of school children. He hung it on his wall in the Oval Office. Yes, you've guessed, it was bugged !

Who choses the White house staff, and are they changed every time a new President is sworn in ?

Considering his wife is not about to live in the Whitehouse, is she about to receive a command from HQ when he needs her services or could a couple of 'plants' fill the gap ?
Posted By: venice Re: Trump - 21st Jan 2017 8:02pm
Venus fly traps maybe grin
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 21st Jan 2017 8:17pm
Originally Posted by venice
Venus fly traps maybe grin

raftl
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Trump - 21st Jan 2017 8:50pm
Whats confusing ? Both good aims if done reasonably? WE should get more Nationalistic for sure

Got the impression he was more interested in looking after the internal interests of America (isolationist) so how was he planning to implement eradication of Islamic terrorists especially when slashing military budget...bombing or troops
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 21st Jan 2017 8:51pm

One comment on twitter about the dance the Trumps so elegantly shuffled.

" Melania's face while dancing with Trump reminds me of the first time I went to the gynecologist

4:04 AM - 21 Jan 2017 "

laugh
Posted By: venice Re: Trump - 21st Jan 2017 10:00pm
Ha!Ha!
Posted By: casper Re: Trump - 22nd Jan 2017 8:05am
A bucket of golden rain over the door might suffice.
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 22nd Jan 2017 10:51am

. [youtube]5tGKfIJwrh4[/youtube]
Posted By: venice Re: Trump - 22nd Jan 2017 11:07am
Originally Posted by fish5133

Got the impression he was more interested in looking after the internal interests of America (isolationist) so how was he planning to implement eradication of Islamic terrorists especially when slashing military budget...bombing or troops

Be surprised if he's slashing the military budget?
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Trump - 23rd Jan 2017 12:59pm
Hope when Teresa May visits him that they don't do some sort of TTIP deal where we will come off worst
especially where the NHS is concerned
Posted By: venice Re: Trump - 23rd Jan 2017 4:41pm
Crossed my mind too that she might just be desperate enough to rush into something like that . Worst case too if THAT clause is left in that gives companies the right to take to court countries that damage them.
Posted By: casper Re: Trump - 23rd Jan 2017 6:47pm
Crossed my mind too venice, it would suit the Tories the key to privatisation of the NHS, but I don't honestly believe Trump will last that long, he has become the sideshow Bob of politics his PR people are trying to deny the undeniable.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 23rd Jan 2017 6:59pm

Maybe try and give the guy a chance instead of judging him with all negative thoughts.
He has done more in the past week than Obama has achieved while in the White house.
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 23rd Jan 2017 9:01pm
Originally Posted by casper
Crossed my mind too venice, it would suit the Tories the key to privatisation of the NHS, but I don't honestly believe Trump will last that long, he has become the sideshow Bob of politics his PR people are trying to deny the undeniable.

Casper, I know you decry the Tories for just about everything, including the privatisation of the health service.
Two key points, a) the New Labour initially instigated the path towards privatisation of the NHS and b) EU 2020 Health Strategy , is also a component in the concept of private health services. If we will be out of the EU, we may indeed be able to rescue and sustain the NHS in a different and more purposeful way, once all the binding rules have been put to bed. Let's not forget the integration commenced when Tony Blair encouraged people to go to Europe for operations and the like. That was the beginning of the EU health strategy. The same people from EU member states can also come here for the health care, as it stands now.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/ournh...-new-labour-began-dismantling-of-our-nhs

...However, in 1999 ‘New Labour’ marked the start of a transition of the NHS from a public sector provider to include the private sector under the disguise of choice and competition. New Labour’s reforms of the NHS proved to be highly unpopular both within and outside the mainstream Labour Party.
Why did New Labour take this controversial and unpopular route to the delivery of public services? After four successive general election defeats, Labour’s social democratic model of Keynesian demand management economics, progressive taxation, extending welfare spending and redistribution was no longer seen as a practicable solution. New Labour essentially raised the white flag and inverted the principle of social democracy: society was no longer to be the master of the market, but its servant. Labour was to offer a more humane version of Thatcherism in that the state would be actively used to help people survive as individuals in the global economy. Nevertheless, economic interests would always call all the shots. Professor Anthony King described Tony Blair’s administration as the “first ever Labour government to be openly, even ostentatiously pro-business”.

Thus, New Labour’s leadership had been “converted” from tolerating private enterprise to actively promoting it – a significant political U-turn.

Unfortunately, the last Labour Government laid the groundwork for everything that the Tory-led coalition is now doing to the NHS. Market structures, foundation trusts, GP consortia and the introduction of private corporations into commissioning were all products of an ill-conceived Labour vision of “public service reforms”.
Posted By: casper Re: Trump - 24th Jan 2017 8:05am
You are right granny,what did Blair say, things can only get better, but then never confuse Blair with a Labour government, the Tories are doing really well, they have managed to turn GB into a virtual third world country in a few years, and now TM is off to the USA to rattle the begging bowl to Trump, Boris is doing a good job alienating and insulting everyone he speaks to, so things are going really well.

PS Please don't bin bag me. wink
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 24th Jan 2017 11:01am

A third world country, Casper ? Have you been to a third world country ?

There are new times ahead, new challenges and once we have had the French elections and the German elections, there might be a whole lot more challenges. They would be there no matter what.
I'm not really sure what your link is between everything, because you talk in confusing lingo at such times. Are you referring to Brexit, to a coalition Government, to Teresa May, or what ? Boris is hardly to be blamed for the fall of the British Empire and maybe it's your Scottish rooted boots that are feeling rather more anti the establishment, than you otherwise would do.
That's not so bad, isn't that exactly where Mr Trump had his new policies, as he sat in the wings...i.e. against the establishment ? Who do you agree with Casper ? Who are your present political heros ? Surely not the three amigos, Jeremy Corbyn, John Mcdonnell and Diane Abbott ? Huff a lot, Puff a lot and Blow a lot. nono

I really can't imagine Mr Corbyn even getting a mention from Trump, let alone being carried over the front step, and if we can do deals with the US, then why not ? The people voted Brexit, and so we must follow the route for best of the country. No good sitting in the corner and waiting for something to happen. That has been the cry of the whingers ;that there wasn't a plan in place. Now there is , so they whinge about that too.

Well done Gina Miller, she got what she set out to do but it won't change the path, it will just make it harder and longer.

Interesting times ahead in all camps and I think it's quite exciting. So I won't bin bag you, Casper. I send my love as always, and hope you see the light soon. Europe and the Euro is doomed, and we got the show on the road before they changed the rules. That is a blessing in my opinion and we wouldn't have had a chance with a different Government. So who is our hero in all of this ? How did we get to this place in time, living through the history of the future. In years to come, all our written comments from now will be have been stored and read to give the opinions of the people in the 21st Century. You and I Casper could be in the history books, bound together for eternity. bananalove
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Trump - 24th Jan 2017 12:08pm
If we are a third world country then what type of country are all the migrants leaving and heading here. Like many I am at present living below my means ( necessary expenditure out stripping income) but still got food in fridge, clothes on my back roof over head a free NHS ,a job, car (taxed and insured! but I understand why people cant afford it) . Selling up and living in luxury in a third or second world country is a consideration. Just waiting for Trump to eradicate Islamic terrorists then may have more options
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 24th Jan 2017 4:38pm
Israel approves plans for 2,500 new settlement homes in West Bank

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-38734956

One hundred will be constructed in Beit El, a settlement near Ramallah that reportedly has received funding from a foundation run by the family of Mr Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner

Just another spanner in the works for the peace process. Netanyahu has waited ,knowing full well he will have the backing of Trump's family.

What a coward ! He couldn't go ahead with the decision without the Trumps could he ?

More Palestinian backlash which Israel will condemn and retaliate ,involve USA and then where will it all go ?
Posted By: venice Re: Trump - 24th Jan 2017 5:59pm
Did I hear something earlier today that Mr Obama gave Palestine high millions of dollars as one of his last Presidential actions . Hope that helps them a bit.Not good news though on the Trump front, dont think he has any sympathy for them at all.
Posted By: casper Re: Trump - 24th Jan 2017 6:02pm
If we are a third world country then what type of country are all the migrants leaving and heading here. Like many I am at present living below my means ( necessary expenditure out stripping income) but still got food in fridge, clothes on my back roof over head a free NHS ,a job, car (taxed and insured! but I understand why people cant afford it) . Selling up and living in luxury in a third or second world country is a consideration. Just waiting for Trump to eradicate Islamic terrorists then may have more options

You like many others are starting to struggle with increasing prices fish and we still hold EU membership, John Whittingdale gave his governments vision of life outside of the EU, we will cut EU red tape to allow industry a free hand to prosper, when pushed for examples on workers rights he became a bit coy, when reminded that TM had made a statement that she would protect those rights he insisted that what he really meant was they would trim them to suit British industry, mmm really, austerity paving the way for sweatshop Britain, I feel so sorry for those who will be faced with a future that will be an endless struggle against inequality and unfairness.
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 24th Jan 2017 7:11pm
Did I hear something earlier today that Mr Obama gave Palestine high millions of dollars as one of his last Presidential actions . Hope that helps them a bit.Not good news though on the Trump front, dont think he has any sympathy for them at all.

Today he has also signed executive orders for taking the oil pipeline through Dakota, land of the American Indians who have battled long and hard against this. They were given a reprieve just before Christmas, but by the stroke of a pen, the Donald has put it all in motions again. He is now showing his true colours within 4 days of his Presidency.

It seems he and his family is about to cause mayhem and discontent everywhere he focuses. He did say he has received many awards for environmental issues. The BBC say they can't find anything to substantiate his claim.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Trump - 24th Jan 2017 7:16pm
I seem to remember that in fact it's not 'through' Indian land. It's 'near' Indian land.
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 24th Jan 2017 7:45pm
It's supposedly crossing their sacred burial ground and the Missouri River which is their main source of water. Worrying about leakage etc. But CVCVCV, I'm sure you know this already, are you just testing ?

[Linked Image]

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cs9oqQbXYAAuqsD.jpg:large[/img]
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Trump - 24th Jan 2017 7:59pm
This map appears to show the pipeline route to the north of the reservation, that is, near their land, not through it.
I was going by memory, not trying to test anyone, just stating what from your map, appears to be a fact.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Trump - 24th Jan 2017 8:13pm
Indian tribes have an ancient prophecy about the black snake crossing the river and poisoning it and ushering in the end ( Of what or whom I am not sure). The protest has brought the indian tribes together for the first time since the Battle of Little Bighorn (custers last stand).

Interesting that the local town voted against the pipeline passing by the town on health and environmental grounds so it was rerouted up near the Indian grounds.

You kind of sense that Trump doesn't give a coyotes rear end about the Indian tribes and speaks with forked tongue

cvcvcv. I think its former Indian land where they have burial grounds but had the land taken from them when put into the reservations. Its as much about potential pollution of the water courses
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 24th Jan 2017 8:57pm

I was only jesting CV. There is another map which shows the burial sites, it would not allow me to post it before. I think it might work now..

What do you reckon ?

Attached picture DakotaAccessNDSioux800px.png
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 24th Jan 2017 9:36pm
Where the pipeline will cross the river is only half a mile north of Standing Rock., which isn't far at all.

Looks as if the bugger is about to upset China too.

A spokeswoman for China said this evening, that China would defend it's territory, even if it was with military.

BBC news;

China has asserted its "indisputable sovereignty" over parts of the South China Sea after the Trump administration vowed to prevent China from taking territory in the region.

The Chinese foreign ministry said Beijing would "remain firm to defend its rights in the region
Posted By: cools Re: Trump - 26th Jan 2017 10:13am
He's certainly gone in with a bang, looks like he's going to build that wall and his views on waterboarding etc. I've got to say he comes out with what alot of people think but are too scared to say. No such thing as political correctness with him and I gotta say I find myself agreeing somewhat. I also find myself calling him mad but you can't say he run of the mill and boring. Maybe if he's around long enough all this might work.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 26th Jan 2017 11:45am
And more.
Pity other countries will not take a leaf out of his book.
[youtube]v=HFm3VnvEPVI[/youtube]
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 26th Jan 2017 4:41pm

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...ternational-safe-abortion-fund?CMP=fb_gu
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 26th Jan 2017 4:44pm
. laugh

Netherlands welcome Trump

[youtube]j-xxis7hDOE[/youtube]
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 28th Jan 2017 12:29am
Latest interview of Trump (the man of many words)

He will be happy to take Syrian Christian refugees, because he thinks the way ISIS beheaded the Syrian Christians, was .....wait for it........

'very unfair' omg

Or maybe it was because Syrian Christians were not allowed into the USA as very unfair.. not too sure.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Trump - 29th Jan 2017 5:38pm
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the United Kingdom.

Donald Trump should be allowed to enter the UK in his capacity as head of the US Government, but he should not be invited to make an official State Visit because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen.

Donald Trump's well documented misogyny and vulgarity disqualifies him from being received by Her Majesty the Queen or the Prince of Wales. Therefore during the term of his presidency Donald Trump should not be invited to the United Kingdom for an official State Visit.
Posted By: venice Re: Trump - 29th Jan 2017 5:59pm
Is there a precedent ? Have we ever prevented any other head of state visiting because of their uncouth or disapproved of behaviour ?
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 29th Jan 2017 6:13pm

I don't think there has been a date set for his official visit to the UK yet, so petitions are a bit premature.

Things might well change long before then.

Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 12:52am
. Ah well, another great victory for the man in The White House ! He's so lacking in Presidential skills, he's actually hilarious. Who else seeing this pic. has a chuckle to themselves ?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 9:46am
not me,we need him here in the uk,at least he dose what he says
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 11:00am
Originally Posted by joeblogs
not me,we need him here in the uk,at least he dose what he says
This is true,totally agree.
Obama stopped illegals coming from IRAQ to America for 6 months.Notice the UK and others involved did not kick up a stink about that.
I wonder why???.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 11:42am
Trump's selective bans. Yellow = countries where he has business interests.

All except Azerbaijan have killed Americans on US soil.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 12:33pm

Well the designated countries are more than likely to retaliate. So I hope this move of his, although seeming to protect USA, is more likely to see a purge of revenge against US citizens and US troops. I think he is putting them in a lot of danger. Then what would his retaliation trigger be ? Isn't this how wars start ??

He could have handled things differently.

Just one thing, as a country, should we support this action of his or not? Considering everyone with an axe to grind is wielding it and jumping up and down, but it would appear that general public views indicate they are mostly behind Trump (apart from those who have signed the petition which was started by a solicitor from Leeds. FFS ! )
Posted By: venice Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 1:23pm
I think he's done this a bit crudely and needed a little refinement before presentation , and Im not hell bent believing on what Im about to say because Im dithering about rights and wrongs --- ,but I cant help thinking -

lets pretend we had a killer disease spreading around the world , but it could be carried only by people with a certain genetic makeup .Out of those, relatively few might have something extra in their makeup that precludes their transmitting the disease. Which answer would protect the UK from the spread of disease the best ?

Should we

a) stop every person from entering the UK immediately

b) stop just those from countries where we know most will be of this genetic makeup and not worry immediately about the ones who wouldnt be a danger becaue they carry the extra protection.

c) Let everyone in so we dont infringe anyones human rights, and set about vetting everyone carefully for signs of the disease ?

Remember this ban would only be for a few months until the situation could be got under control.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 1:56pm
its a of course,if it was red lorry's carrying bombs we would be stopping them,these people protesting today why are they not in work?blind and to much time on there hands,this guy has balls
and we need someone like him here,but i think its to late for the uk its a shat hole already
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 2:21pm
I think he's done this a bit crudely and needed a little refinement before presentation , and Im not hell bent believing on what Im about to say because Im dithering about rights and wrongs --- ,but I cant help thinking -

lets pretend we had a killer disease spreading around the world , but it could be carried only by people with a certain genetic makeup .Out of those, relatively few might have something extra in their makeup that precludes their transmitting the disease. Which answer would protect the UK from the spread of disease the best ?

Should we

b) stop just those from countries where we know most will be of this genetic makeup and not worry immediately about the ones who wouldnt be a danger becaue they carry the extra protection.

c) Let everyone in so we dont infringe anyones human rights, and set about vetting everyone carefully for signs of the disease ?

Remember this ban would only be for a few months until the situation could be got under control.

It should be a) initially then re-assess to see if you can move to b), but our political leaders would end up doing it the other way round and hope they can correct their mistake afterwards.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 2:59pm
If you actually read the text of the Executive order, it doesn't mention ANY country or countries at all. So you might well ask, where are the mainstream press getting their stories that Trump named or singled out, or banned 7 countries?
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 3:13pm
because it causes trouble and people then jump to conclusions and then it makes news
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 3:29pm
Could be!
People are apparently, intentionally or otherwise, not aware of the difference between the RESULTS of the E.O. versus the actual CONTENT of it.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 4:22pm
I think a lot of the leave votes from the brexit referendum was to stop a lot of immigration (freedom of movement and possibly told by the EU how many refugees we may have to take) coming into this country.
We seem to think giving monetary aid to the refugee camps is better than opening our borders to a number of the refugees fleeing war torn countries.

I think at the moment it could be a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
How many other countries could Brits be welcome to come and stay in if we said we were christians
Posted By: venice Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 4:30pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Should we

It should be a) initially then re-assess to see if you can move to b), but our political leaders would end up doing it the other way round and hope they can correct their mistake afterwards.

Trump has chosen (b) surely? which is why he's being accused of being discriminatory . Does that mean choosers of (a) think he's wrong?
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 6:13pm

A very brief input from Farage earlier (ok, so Farage might be a dirty word but he has knowledge) said that it was Obama who had drawn this up , prior to the end of his Presidency.

As much as I'm not particularly approving of Trump for different reasons, this protest has got totally out of hand and it seems like a knee jerk reaction from many, probably due to some little shit in this country, named 'Owen Jones', who is likely to be one of the greatest trouble makers this country has ever known.

http://labourlist.org/2017/01/owen-...s-against-national-shame-of-trump-visit/

Owen Jones, the columnist and Labour supporter, has organised an event in London outside 10 Downing Street, to stand in solidarity with those who are targeted by Trump’s executive order.

Speakers will include shadow business secretary Clive Lewis and the former Labour leader Ed Miliband. Shadow attorney general Shami Chakrabarti will also address the event, which so far has 18,000 attending on the event page.

Posted By: palemoon Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 6:15pm
Pity we cannot get a million protesters to petition against the state of our NHS.
Posted By: kittykat Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 6:23pm
This picture of seven men deciding what women can and can't do with their reproductive organs sickens me.
I find him abhorrent.

Attached picture IMG_3397.JPG
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 6:28pm
Originally Posted by granny

A very brief input from Farage earlier (ok, so Farage might be a dirty word but he has knowledge) said that it was Obama who had drawn this up , prior to the end of his Presidency.

As much as I'm not particularly approving of Trump for different reasons, this protest has got totally out of hand and it seems like a knee jerk reaction from many, probably due to some little shit in this country, named 'Owen Jones', who is likely to be one of the greatest trouble makers this country has ever known.

http://labourlist.org/2017/01/owen-...s-against-national-shame-of-trump-visit/

Owen Jones, the columnist and Labour supporter, has organised an event in London outside 10 Downing Street, to stand in solidarity with those who are targeted by Trump’s executive order.

Speakers will include shadow business secretary Clive Lewis and the former Labour leader Ed Miliband. Shadow attorney general Shami Chakrabarti will also address the event, which so far has 18,000 attending on the event page.

Here, read the President's Executive Order for yourself:
Click
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 6:55pm
Here is the full list of protests planned tonight.

LONDON

TIME: 6pm

MEET: Downing Street

ATTENDEES: 20,000 (note: these figures were taken from Facebook at 11am on Monday).

SPEAKERS: Include Ed Miliband, Tim Farron, Mhairi Black, Clive Lewis, Bianca Jagger, Lily Allen.

READ MORE on Facebook event

MANCHESTER

MEET: Albert Square

ATTENDEES: 1,900

BRIGHTON

MEET: Brighton Town Hall

ATTENDEES: 1,800

CARDIFF

TIME: 6.30pm

MEET: Queen Street

ATTENDEES: 1,400

NEWCASTLE

TIME: 5.30pm

MEET: Grey’s Monument

ATTENDEES: 1,300

CAMBRIDGE

TIME: 5pm

MEET: Great St Mary’s Church

ATTENDEES: 1,100

BIRMINGHAM

MEET: Victoria Square

ATTENDEES: 1,000

GLASGOW

MEET: George Square

ATTENDEES: 600

LEEDS

MEET: Dortmund Square

ATTENDEES: 500

LIVERPOOL

MEET: St George's Hall

YORK

TIME: 5pm

MEET: St Helen's Square

EDINBURGH

MEET: The Mound

ATTENDEES: 200

LEICESTER

MEET: Haymarket Memorial Clock Tower

ATTENDEES: 150

PRESTON

MEET: Harris Museum & Library

ATTENDEES: 150

EXETER

MEET: Bedford Square

ATTENDEES: 400

Others include...

Aberdeen - 6pm Castlegate

Aberystwyth - 6pm Aberystwyth Bandstand, Marine Terrace

Bangor - 7pm at the clock

Bristol - 6pm College Green

Broadstairs - 6:30pm outside Broadstairs Tory Office

Cheltenham - 7pm Promenade

Derby - 5.30pm Derby City Council

Dundee - 6pm Dundee City Square

Guildford - 2pm Uni of Surrey

Hull - 5pm Queen Victoria Square

Leamington Spa - 6pm Town Hall

Melton Mobray - 5pm Alan Duncan’s office

Mile End, noon QM University

Nottingham - 5:30pm Market Square

Plymouth - 5:30 pm Charles Cross police station

Portsmouth - 7pm Portsmouth Guildhall

Preston - 6pm Harris Library

Sheffield - 6pm Town Hall

Surbiton - 5pm Surbiton station

St Andrews - 7pm St Andrews Student Union

Swansea - 6pm Castle Square

Totnes - 6pm Fore Street

York - 5pm St Helen’s Square

Witney, 6pm Market Square
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 7:00pm
Originally Posted by palemoon
Pity we cannot get a million protesters to petition against the state of our NHS.
withthat

KONP is booking a coach with

tickets at £5 each.
we hope that there will be enough demand from others to fill

this coach. As far as I know, this is currently the only coach from

Liverpool on the day.

tickets will go in News from Nowhere by Thurs. News from Nowhere address is

96 Bold Street, Liverpool L1 4HY

Depart Hardman St (opposite the Philharmonic) 7am Sat 4th Mar.

When you get a ticket, be sure to give News from Nowhere your contact

details, including a mobile # on the day.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 7:13pm
Originally Posted by kittykat
This picture of seven men deciding what women can and can't do with their reproductive organs sickens me.
I find him abhorrent.
Most people do Kittykat...the last time I looked over 7 000 people in Wirral had signed the petition..you can see the constituency break down.

This site does NOT represent Wirral viewpoints atall.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 7:28pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the United Kingdom.

Donald Trump should be allowed to enter the UK in his capacity as head of the US Government, but he should not be invited to make an official State Visit because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen.

Donald Trump's well documented misogyny and vulgarity disqualifies him from being received by Her Majesty the Queen or the Prince of Wales. Therefore during the term of his presidency Donald Trump should not be invited to the United Kingdom for an official State Visit.
I'm not alone: as of now the petition stands at:

Birkenhead 1995 sigs
Wallasey 1757 sigs.
Wirral South 1394 sigs
Wirral West 1592 sigs

http://petitionmap.unboxedconsulting.com?petition=171928
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 7:43pm
Farage is not a dirty word to me
Posted By: cools Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 7:44pm
I've got to say Rude it surprises me you putting this statement up whenever royalty has come up on this site you one of the first to rubbish them. Have you become a royalist all of a sudden?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 7:57pm
Originally Posted by cools
I've got to say Rude it surprises me you putting this statement up whenever royalty has come up on this site you one of the first to rubbish them. Have you become a royalist all of a sudden?
A* for your observant skills, Cools. No, not a royalist but the gov do not accept similiar petition.
Posted By: cools Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 8:16pm
Yes so they have their uses after all when it pleases people as a tool to use when they think fit! The Queen has had to meet very unsavory leaders whether she wanted to or not. Horrors like Idi Amin, Robert Magabwe, these dictators killed their own people and committed more atrocities than Trump has to date.
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 9:32pm
Very true, Cools. No body seemed to oppose the Chinese leader, who came on a State Visit , a little over 12 months ago.

Oh, and while we are here and just for the record, going back to 2012.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...friend-to-Hamas-Iran-and-extremists.html

Jeremy Corbyn, friend to Hamas, Iran and extremists

If Jeremy Corbyn wins, Labour will be in the extraordinary position of having a leader with among the most extensive links in Parliament to terrorists
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 9:38pm
President Trump is not being racist,He is only stopping the Islamic terrorists entering the USA.
He is protecting the people of America.
Pity all the other countries cannot see this,EVEN THE UK.
Everyone signing petitions and getting there knickers in a twist.
Nigel Farage will gladly invite him.This man has always been right.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 9:46pm
Originally Posted by cools
Yes so they have their uses after all when it pleases people as a tool to use when they think fit! The Queen has had to meet very unsavory leaders whether she wanted to or not. Horrors like Idi Amin, Robert Magabwe, these dictators killed their own people and committed more atrocities than Trump has to date.
clap thumbsup
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 10:22pm
well said cools and snowy
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Trump - 30th Jan 2017 11:27pm
Makes a change to our normal strategic policy of antagonising (eg Russia) or bombing (Syria, Iraq, etc etc etc). If you want a peaceful change/resolution you have to talk.

Do all the people that think banning Trump from the state visit is going to change his mind on policy?
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 31st Jan 2017 12:11am
Exactly DD. I think we should be keeping our noses out, particularly as UK passport holders and joint UK passport holders, have been given the all clear. Let the other countries do their own negotiations.

Considering they had Guy Verhofstadt , and his new book telling us how the EU should be organised, and basically a blue print for the Federal State in the making, plus this protest nonsense, I have to wonder if there's movement afoot of anti- Brexiteers ( colluding with the BBC and Londoners) who are attempting to throw spanners in the works. Let's see what else transpires this week.
We can probably also guess where the majority of petitioners live.

Originally Posted by snowhite
President Trump is not being racist,He is only stopping the Islamic terrorists entering the USA.
He is protecting the people of America.
Pity all the other countries cannot see this,EVEN THE UK.
Everyone signing petitions and getting there knickers in a twist.
Nigel Farage will gladly invite him.This man has always been right.

Agreed Snowy, Nigel Farage did us all a favour. As you remember I loved listening to his speeches in the EU parliament , he seemed to be able to make the rest of them squirm with the truths which they didn't like which are now coming out, some are apparently mentioned in Guy Verhofstadt book ! So, now they are also admitting they were wrong, or telling lies but tonight BBC showed Guy Verhofstadt having a slanging match at Farage. Another point to be questioned, as Farage, last I heard, is going to Fox News US as Political commentator. So why did they show such a clip, maybe he can't defend himself now.

It's all one big game but I still think we should keep our nose out of Trumps decisions for US, even though I don't like the man and still wish he hadn't been elected.
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 31st Jan 2017 12:17am

Sorry to hear the news from your country Snowshoes. These are the things that create the bad feelings.
I must admit, I do like Trudeau, he seems a decent ,straight forward guy.
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 31st Jan 2017 12:52am
One more thing, slightly off topic although Obama has been accused of a similar thing. (could be fake news) Speculation about the German Government flying in refugees from Turkey on numerous secret night flights. Going back to last August. Has this been verified at all ? If this is correct, what the heck IS going on. It's as if the edge of Europe and the Middle East are being cleared out !!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Trump - 31st Jan 2017 3:13am
There again, Trump is pushing for safe zones to be created in countries like Syria and Yemen, its a much better concept than a mass exodus.

Inside of the safe zones there would be minimal requirement for external agencies to do the policing, our job would be enforcing the exclusion zone round the safe zone, much better than bombing towns and cities where there are innocent civilians.

We've done this before in other places, why have we not done it in Syria?
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Trump - 31st Jan 2017 1:01pm
please sign this Google support Trump uk .gov petition 178844
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Trump - 31st Jan 2017 1:58pm
thumbsup thumbsup
Trump is inexperienced politically and will so do things in an odd sort of way relative to mainstream politicians - BUT, many months ago he did say that within his first week he would "do something to get greater border security for the USA. Whether or not you like "the wall" (or whether or not it technically can be constructed) and whether or not you like the apparent block on visas/ temporary suspension of visas for some folk -- he has done what he said he would do. The American people KNEW what he said. They voted him into office. He is now doing what he said.

What a strange world we live in - a politician (of sorts) who keeps promises.

Snod
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 31st Jan 2017 2:14pm
please sign this Google support Trump uk .gov petition 178844

Is this the one Joeblogs ?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/178844
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Trump - 31st Jan 2017 3:15pm
yes granny that's the one
Posted By: palemoon Re: Trump - 31st Jan 2017 6:15pm
Thanks joe. Signed
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 31st Jan 2017 8:48pm
Thanks for putting the link up Granny thumbsup.
Signed Joe.
Posted By: Beethoven Re: Trump - 31st Jan 2017 10:04pm
Signed.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 31st Jan 2017 11:00pm
[youtube]v=sthtHjRcFEA&spfreload=10[/youtube]
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 5th Feb 2017 12:07pm
Here is the latest news on the immigration ban.

A federal judge has put a nationwide block on US President Donald Trump's week-old executive order temporarily barring refugees and nationals from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the United States.

The temporary restraining order issued by US District Judge James Robart in Seattle on Friday will remain valid nationwide pending a full review of a complaint by Washington state's attorney general, Bob Ferguson.

"The constitution prevailed today," Ferguson said, describing the judge's decision as historic. "No one is above the law, not even the president.

"Not everybody may like this decision - I'm certain the president will not like this decision - but it is his job, it is his responsibility, it is his obligation as president to honour it and I'll make sure he does."

UPFRONT: Is Trump's Muslim ban a gift to ISIL? (25:10)
Friday's ruling was not the first to challenge the travel ban, but it was the most sweeping as it effectively vacated the main tenets of the order.

Ferguson said the order technically means that anyone with a valid visa must be allowed entry into the country by Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

The CBP has issued an advisory to airlines, instructing them to board travellers affected by the ban.

The US state department is working with the Department of Homeland Security to work out how Friday's ruling affects its operations, a spokesman told Reuters news agency, and will announce any changes affecting travellers as soon as information is available.

The justice department made no immediate decision on an appeal but said in a statement it would determine its next steps after reviewing the written order.

The White House said it would file an appeal as soon as possible.

"At the earliest possible time, the Department of Justice intends to file an emergency stay of this outrageous order and defend the executive order of the president, which we believe is lawful and appropriate," the White House said in a statement

"The president's order is intended to protect the homeland and he has the constitutional authority and responsibility to protect the American people

"Even though the executive order has been suspended temporarily, they may still have to apply for a new visa before they can gain entry. And anyway, all of this can change legally just in a matter of days."

Robart's decision came after Ferguson filed a suit to invalidate key provisions of Trump's executive order, which bars Syrian refugees indefinitely and blocks citizens of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen from entry into the US for 90 days. Refugees from countries other than Syria are barred from entry for 120 days.

The state department said on Friday that up to 60,000 foreigners from the seven countries concerned had their visas cancelled as a result of the order. A justice department lawyer, however, told a court hearing in Virginia that about 100,000 visas had been revoked.

Washington Governor Jay Inslee welcomed the ruling as a "tremendous victory" but warned that the battle to overturn Trump's executive order was not over.

"There is still more to do," he said in a statement. "The fight isn't yet won. But we should feel heartened by today's victory and more resolute than ever that we are fighting on the right side of history."

Ferguson said in his complaint that the president's ban violated the constitutional rights of immigrants and their families as it specifically targets Muslims.

However, attorneys representing the Trump administration argued that as president, he had broad powers and was within his right to issue an order that protects Americans.

Posted By: joeblogs Re: Trump - 5th Feb 2017 6:30pm
fools this is why they are having problems because of bloody do gooders,to put
his own country and family in danger,what will he do when these people turn against us,this will happen as this is their plan,they will order normal law abiding muslims to help them defeat us or turn on them if they don't,this is a few years off but believe me this is their goal,and if you don't think this is what's going to happen well your as blind as this clown
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Trump - 6th Feb 2017 1:51pm
Hi joeblogs

and if you don't think this is what's going to happen well your as blind as this clown

Lost me a bit in your post.. who is "this clown" Trump, yourself or one of the other people mentioned?

Trump got fairly voted in using the lawful democratic processes in the USA..that doesn't then give Trump the right to unlawfully circumvent whatever he wants..USA is not a dictatorship. Sort of similar thing weve had with Brexit and royal prerogative stuff. Whilst I agree about with controls on immigration it should be done legally.

Posted By: joeblogs Re: Trump - 6th Feb 2017 9:04pm
the guy that overturned the ban and the hippies that walk around with bloody banners that should be in work,lol
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 6th Feb 2017 9:17pm
and the hippies that walk around with bloody banners l

Joeblogs is talking about my type ,Fish laugh
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Trump - 7th Feb 2017 9:13am
no grandma i wasn't,oh i forgot you are a hippie sorry
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 7th Feb 2017 4:01pm
the guy that overturned the ban and the hippies that walk around with bloody banners that should be in work,lol
You mean George Soros puppets
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 12th Feb 2017 12:39pm
Amazing speech by Nigel Farage.
[youtube]v=TFysdz35i1A[/youtube]
Posted By: palemoon Re: Trump - 12th Feb 2017 12:45pm
clap clap clap clap
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Trump - 12th Feb 2017 6:06pm
wish to god nigel farage was are Prime Minister,theresa may is outrageous and not fit for it she looks out of place,look what she did for immigration,this country needs a rocket up its arse,believe me she won't get in again,long live trump
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Trump - 12th Feb 2017 8:33pm
wish to god nigel farage was are Prime Minister,theresa may is outrageous and not fit for it she looks out of place,look what she did for immigration,this country needs a rocket up its arse,believe me she won't get in again,long live trump

sadly politics is not about speaking the "truth" as you see it, and as much as I like Farages speeches giving it to the EU I don't think he would ever want to be PM. He can probably do more good where he is.
Still undecided about Trump..like the freshness of him but some of his speeches about he would be remembered as the greatest US president ever sound a tadge like "madness"
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Trump - 12th Feb 2017 8:59pm
Trump - I'm open minded on at the moment, waiting to see what he does, at the moment a lot of what he is doing is playing games with the media who desperately need to be brought under control. From what I have seen so far, he cannot be worse than Bush but isn't going to be better than Obama.

Theresa May - I'm also waiting to see where she heads off too although I fear to retain "respect" in her own party the inevitable will happen. Her heart may be in the right place but can she retain the power.

Farage - Difficult to criticise him on his prime beliefs but to get any further he would need to get the backing of the Tories on other matters which wouldn't be good, so I agree with Fish.

George Galloway - is desperately needed by all the UK parties to guide us on foreign policy. Although a Galloway/Trump debate probably wouldn't be pretty, Galloway openly agrees with much of Trumps policies and is giving him the time of day. His basic statement so far is that Trump is better than Clinton but like me rues the fact that Bernie Saunders was squeezed out.

Posted By: fish5133 Re: Trump - 12th Feb 2017 11:35pm
George Galloway is another politician I cant make up my mind over DD. Agree with many things he says but then I see one or two things on youtube where he is almost inciting violence implying muslims would kill or be killed in London to defend their sharia laws.

Galloway/Trump debate would fall at first hurdle Jewish/Palestinian problem but would certainly be worth watching the first few salvos.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Trump - 13th Feb 2017 12:07am
Galloway just says as it is, take the following two examples ...

Around a third of young British Muslims favour killing in the name of Islam, according to a survey revealed by the WikiLeaks' publication of U.S. diplomatic cables

Originally Posted by Sharia court in Lancashire
He did, indeed, have the right to exact the death penalty on his neighbour’s children, the court ruled. It would be merciful if he would negotiate financial compensation in lieu of their death, but he was not obliged to do so
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 16th Feb 2017 12:16pm

I think that things are beginning to move into the 'dangerous' zone.

His daughter Ivanka, swooning over Treudau, ..maybe, maybe not, but as she has no official capacity and yet she is participating in official events. I think she's being left wide open to some sort of underhanded moves from the not so nice people who are going to be surrounding her.

Netanyahu is over the moon with his new, old buddy. They obviously have a long standing relationship through Trumps son- in -law for one , how is it right that 'buddy's' can make plans for peace in a region and involving so many, surely that is another unscrupulous way of dealing with things. Friends deals, and if others outside don't agree with Trump's ideas , we can imagine what his reaction is likely to be.

Which ever way, the now possible peace deal which is being discussed, without involving a two state solution has to be a bit suspect and the Palestinians are not going to take much more crap.

Another bloody war, with American backing ???
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Trump - 16th Feb 2017 5:45pm
I was reading the argument for not having a two-state solution but basically there is much more Israel-Arab co-operation/integration than our media lead you to believe.

Since 1949 the number of Muslims in Israel has grown far more rapidly than the number of Jews, there are 13 times more Muslims now compared with the growth in Jews being about 6 times. The proportion of Muslims rising from 10% to over 15%.

The two-state problems has forced Israeli companies that employed Palestinians in the occupied areas to move their companies into Israel.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 18th Feb 2017 2:00pm
[youtube]v=Gs4vHNc0cF4[/youtube]
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 18th Feb 2017 11:19pm

Just listening to his speech now from Florida. He's certainly got the patter and can certainly hold an audience. laugh
Posted By: casper Re: Trump - 19th Feb 2017 7:53am
Originally Posted by granny

Just listening to his speech now from Florida. He's certainly got the patter and can certainly hold an audience. laugh

Like all good con men granny, tell the people what they want to hear, talk is cheap.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Trump - 19th Feb 2017 9:56am
Well General Motors seem to have made a massive decision to follow his philosophy and keep their manufacturing inside the USA. Selling Vauxhall/Opel off is a big change of policy.
Posted By: venice Re: Trump - 20th Feb 2017 10:54am
Oops, massive massive hole in Vauxhall pension scheme . Will it be dealt with outside the deal , or will it just prevent a deal I wonder.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Trump - 20th Feb 2017 12:40pm
The blackhole was created around 2010 when the rules changed, there has been a scheme to make this up by increasing the employer contribution by twice RPI every year, it was estimated that the blackhole would be eliminated by 2023 using this scheme.

Provided the buyer continues with that scheme there shouldn't be much of a problem.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 1st Mar 2017 10:17am
[youtube]v=WnKJy36IrtM[/youtube]
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Trump - 1st Mar 2017 12:05pm
what a guy,we should bring our troops home and get them to defend are borders and remove the hundreds of thousands of people who should not be here,but the powers that be won't want that there is a lot of money to be made out of war,donald trump got in because the illuminati wanted him in and are still telling him what to do and say.makes the ordinary bloke look like he had a say
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 1st Mar 2017 10:19pm
what a guy,we should bring our troops home and get them to defend are borders and remove the hundreds of thousands of people who should not be here,but the powers that be won't want that there is a lot of money to be made out of war,donald trump got in because the illuminati wanted him in and are still telling him what to do and say.makes the ordinary bloke look like he had a say
illuminati wanted him in and telling him what to do and say?Why is that?
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Trump - 2nd Mar 2017 8:03am
i think they have realised people are not going to take anymore crap,so they let him in and they will let him do some things but not everything,anyway thats what i think,but i do like trump
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 10th May 2017 8:03am
Trump is draining the swamp.
Wonder who will be next.
Could we see Clinton in the near future wearing that orange outfit and handcuffs. [youtube]?v=qzgAVhbvivE[/youtube]

Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 6th Sep 2017 8:17am
[youtube]v=a7mivkXoD4Y[/youtube]Love him or hate him, i think he has made another good move.
I wish the UK Government would follow this we are now over run by illegal aliens.
Agree or disagree.
Posted By: assassin Re: Trump - 25th Sep 2017 6:01pm
link look like ww3 will be starting soon cry it only took Trump 9 months am not say anyone should be killed but I won't cry if he is assassinated
Posted By: venice Re: Trump - 25th Sep 2017 9:20pm
Im amazed that both Trump and Kim are still vertical.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Trump - 25th Sep 2017 9:33pm
Im amazed that both Trump and Kim are still vertical.

Remember the old Frankie goes to Hollywood video of Two tribes? Well that's what they should Do, put them both in the ring and let them fight it out smile
Posted By: cools Re: Trump - 25th Sep 2017 9:48pm
GULP noooooooooooooo!!! Casper said there must be some sane people there I wish they'd hurry and step forward and stop the insanity before something terrible happens. Fed up of it all I am...
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 25th Sep 2017 10:58pm

The whole lot is draining and dragging everyone down. Now we have the Kurds with their vote , which is likely to see Iraq take off again. On top of that we have the ever increasing problems within the EU. I can see all the asylum seekers running away from Germany very soon too. I wonder where they'll go to ? The EU seem desperate on keeping our borders open to EU nationals, one has to wonder why it is such an important issue.

Instability world wide is affecting so many.

Posted By: casper Re: Trump - 26th Sep 2017 8:23am
They say history repeats its self, are we looking at the rise of national socialism in Germany? there has always been an underlying sympathy for the old order in some quarters and the arrival of hordes of alleged asylum seekers seems to have fuelled some support amongst ordinary voting Germans.
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 26th Sep 2017 9:57am

Maybe Casper, but I think that if Mrs May had put out the same message as Merkel, with regard refugees, it would have been 'off with her head' and we as voters, would have all probably had the same opinion as the AfD.
Would any of us have been happy to be host to so many that just marched into a country ? I believe it was her way of trying to say that Germany is a different country now and no longer is a country that hates.
She seized the moment on a political stance, said the country needed the labour, but this weekend we hear that parts of east Germany at least don't have enough work for their own people.
I think we have been through a similar case to that here in the UK, with all the EU migrants.
Posted By: granny Re: Trump - 26th Sep 2017 10:27am

Reading this am that N Korea have accused US of declaring war on them. This is a grave problem , considering who or what they are dealing with.
Different cultures, different interpretations, and Trumps mouth and brain do not distinguish. Despite the lack of humanitarian cultures out in that part of the world we are lead to believe they are usually very polite people, not rude like the yanks and the westerners. If that is true, maybe they would be better using some more 'colourful language' and get things off their chest more easily. Pent up anger and hate delivers nasty blows.
Posted By: casper Re: Trump - 26th Sep 2017 12:45pm
I find it unbelievable that the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world has reduced its image and standing in the world by resorting to hurling childish insults and threats, and therefore provoking an already tense situation, it appears that a lot of politicians cant control their tongues and opinions, Boris J as a typical example stating that the EU can go whistle for its money, what does he look like now TM has opened the coffers, apart from the damage done to the negotiations, what is the old adage? jaw jaw not war war.

Posted By: fish5133 Re: Trump - 26th Sep 2017 7:36pm
The delay in the outbreak of hostilities is allowing US to up the spying and recon.. Probably have the area swarming with nano drones..., spy satellites the lot, drawing up a war plan. Lets hope there are some sane generals in the States.
Posted By: casper Re: Trump - 27th Sep 2017 4:37pm
The only non toxic solution would be to bump Kim off, shades of Valkyrie or a black ops insertion akin to the bin laden thing, I am sure there are many in North Korea that would like to see him taken out and would be willing to assist, they are just to scared in case the secret police knock on the door.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Trump - 27th Sep 2017 5:08pm
Originally Posted by casper
The only non toxic solution would be to bump Kim off, shades of Valkyrie or a black ops insertion akin to the bin laden thing, I am sure there are many in North Korea that would like to see him taken out and would be willing to assist, they are just to scared in case the secret police knock on the door.

Didn't the assassination of another world leader start a previous world war!. Maybe not such a good idea...do we know whos next in line...could be worse....
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Trump - 27th Sep 2017 5:55pm
Didn't the assassination of another world leader start a previous world war!

No.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Trump - 27th Oct 2017 9:45am
[youtube]v=pztTQJ93Qjg&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=lX-lWY3-IdTYOaHA-6[/youtube] Build that wall.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Trump - 27th Oct 2017 11:10am
And build it high!!!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Trump - 27th Oct 2017 10:06pm
Originally Posted by Spellbinder

No.

The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand was the start of a chain of events which started WW1?
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Trump - 28th Oct 2017 4:24pm

No.

The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand was the start of a chain of events which started WW1?

Archduke Franz Ferdinand was not a world leader.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Trump - 28th Oct 2017 6:13pm

He was first in line to the throne (of many countries), Franz Joseph was a remarkable 84 years old (and died two years later). Franz Ferdinand was about to formally take the role even though Franz Joseph strongly disapproved.

I guess you could call it a pre-emptive assassination of a world leader, he was assassinated because he would be an Emperor not because of his pre-Emperor status.

Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Trump - 29th Oct 2017 12:35pm

He was first in line to the throne (of many countries), Franz Joseph was a remarkable 84 years old (and died two years later). Franz Ferdinand was about to formally take the role even though Franz Joseph strongly disapproved.

I guess you could call it a pre-emptive assassination of a world leader, he was assassinated because he would be an Emperor not because of his pre-Emperor status.

What sort of gobbledegook is that? He was assassinated because of who he was.

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Trump - 29th Oct 2017 1:06pm
If he wasn't heir apparent he would not have been assassinated.

2nd in line was Charles 1 of Austria who was Franz Joseph's and many other people's preferred successor. Serbia had warned other countries that they were going to assassinate Franz Ferdinand, nobody took any action on the information, it was a planned assassination to prevent him becoming Emperor/King.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral