Forums
Posted By: granny When we live to be a 100 yrs old - 18th Jan 2017 11:46am

When we live to be a 100 yrs old , and assuming everyone will have to work longer. Can you imagine it ? Zimmer frames holding up zimmer frames and wobbly skeletal figures waiting- on in restaurants ,nurses struggling to read directions on the medicines and train drivers who drift off for their afternoon nap. shocked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38652359
Posted By: sunnyside Re: When we live to be a 100 yrs old - 18th Jan 2017 12:06pm

Attached picture old-age-retirement-zimmer_frame-walking_frame-walker-elderly-pensioner-gra070609_low.jpg
Posted By: fish5133 Re: When we live to be a 100 yrs old - 18th Jan 2017 9:10pm
They will just prescribe speed.
Posted By: venice Re: When we live to be a 100 yrs old - 18th Jan 2017 9:33pm
HaHa !! That 'ud be good ! No , actually it wouldnt we'd all end up hooked and do-lally .
Posted By: sunnyside Re: When we live to be a 100 yrs old - 18th Jan 2017 9:44pm

Attached picture how_to_live_to_100_years_old_1857285.jpg
Posted By: venice Re: When we live to be a 100 yrs old - 18th Jan 2017 9:51pm
sunnyside , how do you always come up with such appropriate material?
Posted By: snowshoes Re: When we live to be a 100 yrs old - 18th Jan 2017 10:06pm
Originally Posted by granny

When we live to be a 100 yrs old , and assuming everyone will have to work longer. Can you imagine it ? Zimmer frames holding up zimmer frames and wobbly skeletal figures waiting- on in restaurants ,nurses struggling to read directions on the medicines and train drivers who drift off for their afternoon nap. shocked

Don't want to be there gran.
My wife is a PSW (Personal Support Worker) and the stories
I hear would make your hair curl. No thanks
Posted By: granny Re: When we live to be a 100 yrs old - 18th Jan 2017 10:15pm
Originally Posted by snowshoes
Originally Posted by granny

Don't want to be there gran.
My wife is a PSW (Personal Support Worker) and the stories
I hear would make your hair curl. No thanks

Can't imagine, Snowshoes. Special people needed to do those jobs. However she could try them on Fish's remedy .....maybe not !
Posted By: fish5133 Re: When we live to be a 100 yrs old - 18th Jan 2017 10:54pm
Can't imagine, Snowshoes. Special people needed to do those jobs. However she could try them on Fish's remedy .....maybe not !

I think they do or at least the opposite..drug em up to sleep.
Visited an old church member with dementia few years ago..totally on another planet. Two pairs of glasses on.. But what I did notice was he still knew how to drink a cup of tea. When I put some headphones on him and played a tape of old hymns he started singing and knew the words but didn't have a clue who I was.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: When we live to be a 100 yrs old - 18th Jan 2017 11:38pm
Some very sad things go on in the homes Mr.Fish
Posted By: venice Re: When we live to be a 100 yrs old - 18th Jan 2017 11:57pm
You can say that again snowshoes, Ive been visiting nursing homes for years and years on a regular basis and I agree, some of the sights are just heartbreaking .
Posted By: venice Re: When we live to be a 100 yrs old - 19th Jan 2017 12:03am
fish, your post reminded me of a post thats been going round on FB . Went viral. A guy took his dad out in the car. Dad who once had been a singer, had got dementia and had long since descended into the sad muddled withdrawn centre of the disease. Son started singing one of the old songs, and Dad revived and burst into song with gusto and had a blast doing a duet with his son.Heartwarming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IM9HExtnhY
© Wirral-Wikiwirral