Forums
Posted By: granny Deportation Row - 14th Jan 2017 12:23pm

Yet another singled out case, for a family looking at deportation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-38622451

Apart from the sadness for the little boy, and yes he needs help, but this family have travelled through Greece, to Germany ,to France gained illegal access to UK , live in Derbyshire and the little boy is getting treatment at the Royal School for the Deaf.

Is this Europe's, Silk Road ?

Posted By: fish5133 Re: Deportation Row - 14th Jan 2017 2:27pm
That's the problem we face. Thee are thousands if not 100s of thousands who could put up an equally if not sadder story than this family. Its a numbers game..how many more people can our country and economy handle? Certainly the "type" of migrant is a big consideration. Peace loving thankful respectful integrating migrants welcome
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Deportation Row - 14th Jan 2017 4:31pm
Briefly looking at this it would appear to claim that there is a country/organisation that does cochlea implants but doesn't teach sign language - that sounds like a pretty wild claim?????
Posted By: casper Re: Deportation Row - 14th Jan 2017 5:10pm
No row, I know it sounds hard but they don't fit the criteria, so its quite simple, we have had the case of the guy who couldn't be deported because he had a cat here, sorry to say but rules is rules, the government wont bend on other rules that affect us, I am sure there is treatment for the lad in other EU countries they have passed through, possibly a lot better than here.
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: Deportation Row - 18th Jan 2017 12:00pm
Immigration is a very emotive subject. Viewed in the round you would say that it is common sense that all immigrants should obey the rules and register in the first European country they arrive in. But on a personal level when you hear this story of a deaf boy making such great progress in Derby you can't help but wish him well and admire the dedication of his parents in their quest for the best life for their son. Surely this family is the sort of people we need in this country. It does illustrate what a good country we live in, one worth traveling thousands of miles and enduring untold hardships to get to - a fact we sometimes fail to appreciate.
Should they be sent back? Actually, I hope they can stay, but I am still in favour of curbing immigration. #mixedupfromeastham
© Wirral-Wikiwirral