Forums
Posted By: eddtheduck Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has died - 24th Dec 2016 5:47pm
Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has died ion hospital in Spain, his manager has said.

The veteran musician, 68, was taken into hospital in Marbella on Thursday evening due to complications with a pre-existing shoulder injury.

He died there at lunchtime on Saturday, his manager and family said in a statement.

The statement said: "We are truly devastated to have to announce that Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has passed away at lunchtime today.

this year has been a bad one
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has died - 24th Dec 2016 6:07pm
Poor Rick!!! Rip
Posted By: cools Re: Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has died - 24th Dec 2016 6:20pm
I am shocked and saddened by this I love Status Quo and whenever i hear their music I can't help rocking around.He will be missed. R.I.P and thanks for the music Rick.
Posted By: granny Re: Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has died - 24th Dec 2016 8:17pm

That has come as a shock, although he has had his health problems. Sometimes we believe these people will go on for ever.
Very sad . The end of an era too.
Posted By: starakita Re: Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has died - 24th Dec 2016 9:08pm
Was a bit of a shock but I knew he wasn't well & they weren't going to tour any more due to his ill health.R.I.P Rick
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has died - 24th Dec 2016 10:05pm
Boozing and smoking till the end..died as he lived.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral