Forums
Posted By: palemoon Boxing Day Shopping - 16th Nov 2016 12:29pm
https://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-mp-stop-shops-opening-on-boxing-day

People who feel the need to shop on Boxing Day need to get a life.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Boxing Day Shopping - 16th Nov 2016 12:38pm
Further to a previous post today about a high street health shop. They want to open boxing day (full hours) expect staff with no transport to pay taxi fares (not reimbursed) or make other arrangements to get into store. Why? because last boxing day the store took many thousands of pounds. Is the fault with the shop or the shoppers! Either way they should at least look after their workers
Posted By: granny Re: Boxing Day Shopping - 16th Nov 2016 4:44pm

Signed.

I think both shops and shoppers are guilty. Unfortunately if another little piece of our traditional values are eroded, next will come Christmas Day sales, Easter Day sales and when we have just 3 days a year (including Easter)for people who bend and twist all year around to accommodate their employers wishes and rules , as per topic on 'Health Shop Staff Off With Stress' , a little family time is all the more important. High Street shops should definitely not be opening on Boxing Day.
Other religious groups are considered during their periods of fasting and religious holidays. They don't have to work, so why does this nation have to bend to accommodate the wishes of probably foreign owned shops.
Holland and Barrett, owned by American company, Boots owned by an American Company, Lloyds Pharmacy owned by a German Company which I turn is owned by and American Company. Probably none of whom know our traditional values and don't even care, and why the rules don't always apply to our own workforce. Globalisation. Another reason why I voted Brexit.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Boxing Day Shopping - 16th Nov 2016 7:45pm
Taking the moral highground.."we know we don't pay you much so how would you like to work over xmas and new year just to get a bit more cash"
© Wirral-Wikiwirral