Forums
Posted By: granny Child Migrants - 19th Oct 2016 6:34pm

Who thinks there should be dental checks on child migrants ?

Another question and maybe someone knows the answer; if these child migrants such as Afghanistan migrants already have fathers or brothers in this country, how did they get here and I assume they are illegal immigrants who have come through illegal avenues ? So why would they still be here and allowed to bring their families too ? You wouldn't leave your children behind would you, expecting them to travel through Europe the way that they have had to do so ?
Posted By: venice Re: Child Migrants - 19th Oct 2016 8:48pm
If the existing families are illegals - they wouldnt participate in taking over the 'children' I dont think , because they'd be found out ? Just a thought. Im sure we must have had some legal Afghans in the past?

No I dont think its fair to do dental checks - they are not accurate apparently , so we would still be giving them the benefit of the doubt.I also think it smacks of pettiness on our part to try and wriggle out of what we agreed . What we should have agreed to do (if legal) is set an age limit of 14 so very few if any, would get through who are older than 18, and then if there are places left in the quota , take up to 16's , then up to 18's last of all. Also think theres a case to take ALL under 13's whether rellies here or not , with arrangement for them to only have temp right to be here , and no right to bring relatives to follow them .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Child Migrants - 19th Oct 2016 9:51pm
They should have asked a dentist first - no dentist can accurately determine age from the person's teeth.

Its an interesting conundrum, how to tell a person's chronological age, I am pretty sure it can't be done. Attempting to assess biological age is pointless as there is no formula to cross-link the two.
Posted By: granny Re: Child Migrants - 20th Oct 2016 12:51am
It's a tricky one. With a number of 300 being given refuge to protect them from trafficking and abuse, it would seem that those children in need are not all likely to be included, due to over 18's taking the places.

As someone also remarked tonight on TV. One case of an over 18, got involved in an offence and was put into a children's unit. There are also over 18's being sent to school with children.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral