Forums
Posted By: granny Ha Ha ! Amazon to test drive Drones - 26th Jul 2016 11:14am

New trials for delivering goods by drones

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36892785

Little Johnny and his mate little Monkey, could do drone spotting, instead of train spotting. Alternatively, a bit of practice for clay pigeon shooting.

Interesting though !
Posted By: Habdab Re: Ha Ha ! Amazon to test drive Drones - 26th Jul 2016 12:45pm
Only the other day I was reading about how the authorities can now bring down a drone with a new drone jamming gun. I wonder how long until Joe Public can buy it on eBay and get lots of free stuff from Amazon.
To make matters worse, Amazon won't have Cameras on their drones. Wonderful news for the villains. Manna from heaven indeed.
Wake up Amazon, it's not an ideal world.
Posted By: Habdab Re: Ha Ha ! Amazon to test drive Drones - 26th Jul 2016 12:47pm
I forgot to add, in order for you to get a drone delivery, you will need a special drone landing mat to place in your garden, for the drone to home into and land on. I wonder how you get the mat delivered?
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Ha Ha ! Amazon to test drive Drones - 26th Jul 2016 1:00pm
Presumably use of this delivery system would attract a premium charge from Amazon.

How I hope it will never happen - we've got too much modern technology already.
Posted By: Near_Oval Re: Ha Ha ! Amazon to test drive Drones - 26th Jul 2016 2:46pm
Originally Posted by Spellbinder
Presumably use of this delivery system would attract a premium charge from Amazon.

How I hope it will never happen - we've got too much modern technology already.
labels on test drones state 'air prime' or similar sounds like a premium over the current prime cost
Posted By: starakita Re: Ha Ha ! Amazon to test drive Drones - 26th Jul 2016 5:08pm
I hope it doesn't happen,the rate my son orders stuff I'd have a drone dropping parcels near enough every day,fed up of disposing of the packaging as it is
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Ha Ha ! Amazon to test drive Drones - 26th Jul 2016 5:15pm
Only 8 seconds long
Amazon goods undelivered, hahaha

Posted By: derekdwc Re: Ha Ha ! Amazon to test drive Drones - 26th Jul 2016 8:05pm
Don't like the idea - depending how much weight they carry and if they were mass produced cheap enough could be used by terrorists (carry bombs)
How would anyone know which were Amazon ones and which were other if there's 1000,s flying about
Posted By: Habdab Re: Ha Ha ! Amazon to test drive Drones - 26th Jul 2016 8:07pm
Don't give em ideas
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: Ha Ha ! Amazon to test drive Drones - 7th Aug 2016 12:17pm
Personally I instinctively dislike the idea of drones whizzing around over my head, probably because of safety issues. No device is entirely foolproof, so there would inevitably some damage or injury done by faulty drones. Having thought about it though every drone I have ever seen emits a loud engine noise so that the sound of them buzzing overhead would be the biggest nuisance and impossible to get away from. frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral