Forums
Posted By: cools Turkey - 15th Jul 2016 8:44pm
Something kicking off in Turkey now , military coup or something. What next ?
Posted By: granny Re: Turkey - 15th Jul 2016 9:06pm
Trouble !
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Turkey - 15th Jul 2016 9:57pm
Looks like the good old English holiday bed and breakfast will make a comeback.
Posted By: granny Re: Turkey - 15th Jul 2016 10:07pm
Better book now, or back to camping.

Live Reporting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-36811357
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Turkey - 15th Jul 2016 10:18pm
Originally Posted by granny
Better book now, or back to camping.

Live Reporting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-36811357

My sisters just text me "Tent up--in bed--listening to patter of rain on canvas"
Posted By: granny Re: Turkey - 15th Jul 2016 10:26pm
Ahh ! The gentle rain. laugh
Posted By: granny Re: Turkey - 15th Jul 2016 10:28pm
Boris will be chucked in at the deep end now.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Turkey - 15th Jul 2016 10:32pm
The father of the lorry driver said his son had been treated for mental health issues.

Posted By: cools Re: Turkey - 15th Jul 2016 10:34pm
Hope IS don't get a foothold in Turkey as it so near to Syria, who knows what's going on.
Posted By: granny Re: Turkey - 15th Jul 2016 11:01pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
The father of the lorry driver said his son had been treated for mental health issues.

He'd also been given a 6 month prison sentence, according to one report. He deliberately drove at a children's carousel.
Posted By: granny Re: Turkey - 15th Jul 2016 11:10pm
What's the chances that they'll open the bridges and then let everyone cross over to Europe ?
Posted By: chriskay Re: Turkey - 16th Jul 2016 12:03am
Just more proof that they're nowhere near ready to join Europe. Troops need to be sent to guard the borders.
Posted By: granny Re: Turkey - 17th Jul 2016 10:47pm
Talking to a friend tonight, whose Turkish sister-in-law was imprisoned in Turkey, over 30yrs ago. She was in an anti-secularism demonstration . Afterwards ,she was forced to leave Turkey and has lived in France ever since. Only in the last 5 years has she been allowed to go back to visit for short stays. Not allowed to live there.

So yes Chris. They have still got a long way to go before they are in any way ready to join the EU.

It is believed by many that President Erdogan has set this up. It wouldn't surprise me, he's a nasty one.
Posted By: granny Re: Turkey - 18th Jul 2016 12:20am
Talking to a friend tonight, whose Turkish sister-in-law was imprisoned in Turkey, over 30yrs ago. She was in an anti-secularism demonstration . Afterwards ,she was forced to leave Turkey and has lived in France ever since. Only in the last 5 years has she been allowed to go back to visit for short stays. Not allowed to live there.

So yes Chris. They have still got a long way to go before they are in any way ready to join the EU.

It is believed by many that President Erdogan has set this up. It wouldn't surprise me, he's a nasty one.

Sorry, should have read pro-secular
Posted By: starakita Re: Turkey - 18th Jul 2016 9:20am
My son's friends family are in Turkey on holiday & he sent a video to him.You can here people shouting car horns,fighter planes flying over & gunshots he did that from their hotel.They were in Tunisia last year when those people got shot on the beach,they only stayed there 3 days
Posted By: granny Re: Turkey - 18th Jul 2016 2:25pm
Heck, Star. How unfortunate is that ? Very scary. Don't let your son go on holiday with them.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Turkey - 18th Jul 2016 3:44pm
This world has gone to the dogs frown
Posted By: starakita Re: Turkey - 18th Jul 2016 6:38pm
Heck, Star. How unfortunate is that ? Very scary. Don't let your son go on holiday with them.
I told him if we ever go abroad find out were there going first so we don't go there
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Turkey - 18th Jul 2016 10:05pm
As granny said .there is chatter that it was a staged coup.give erdogan chance to eliminate those who criticise. How would you organise a coup involving air sea and land forces without the government or secret services knowing.3000 judges 6000 police arrested ..sounds more like a purge
© Wirral-Wikiwirral