Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 12:24am
Hilary Benn has been sacked from the shadow cabinet by Jeremy Corbyn.

This is not before time imho. Corbyn has been extremely tolerant of his antics.
Posted By: Mark Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 8:26am
Wow thats the toughest ive seen of Corbyn.

Sorry Corbyn isn't the right leader imo.
Too passive about so much, does anyone hear him??
Posted By: granny Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 8:54am
What is possible, is with the likes of Hilary Benn going and many others voicing 'no confidence' in the Labour party, With time from the new leader of the Tories being positioned, I think a new Political Party will be a result made up of the disgruntled Labour. It's been done it before.
Posted By: cools Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 9:01am
Jeremy Corbyn needs to go, a pathetic accuse for a party leader. Always said he wouldn't last long.
Posted By: cools Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 9:05am
Sorry that should have read excuse.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 9:25am
Originally Posted by Mark

Originally Posted by cools
Jeremy Corbyn needs to go, a pathetic accuse for a party leader. Always said he wouldn't last long.

Is it Corbyn that's wrong or that we have been conditioned to expect bullish lying psuedo-politicians these days?

This referendum has shown the worst - there has been very little politics or truth but just a school-ground game of naa-naa-na-naah-naa.

Isn't it about time we had a principled gentleman as a leader, after all this is about being a decision-maker not a variety act.
Posted By: granny Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 9:47am
Personally I now think that is possible. All these leaders are the right person until they become elected. Then, they seem to behave in the same way as the last. I honestly believe that once in power, all the aspirations and truths are knocked out of them, due to the political machine from Europe , dictating the course that each has to take. Now maybe we will have someone who can be honest with the British public.

With regard to the call or a new referendum. I hope that can not happen, it is probably more than true to say, most of those who have signed are from different countries anyway.

Watching Blair on This Week, he still cannot take any blame even now for his immigration programme and the problem of no building of housing during his reign to accommodate 3 million. Yet again, he's off loaded the blame . Roll on Chilcott.
Posted By: casper Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 11:08am
Morning granny, if I remember rightly wasn't it Farage who wanted a second referendum if the vote was close? now that people are getting some more information and some truth is emerging and promises are already being broken and pledges ignored the reality is beginning to dawn on some, I spoke with a few people whilst out last night who were saying they made an error by voting out, cold feet maybe, but the doubt is there.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 11:33am
For the first time since 1975 { voted then } we now have had a chance to have the country run by democratically elected people and not dictated to be a Unelected group of people based in Europe who do not get elected and so do not answer to any one.
Posted By: cools Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 1:45pm
In an ideal world yes having a leader as you suggest DD, but this ain't an ideal world far from it and in the cutthroat world of politics and leadership you can't be seen as weak. I just didn't understand why someone like him got chosen as leader of labour in first place. I mean I have nothing against the man he most prob an allright guy but not to go against world leaders be taken seriously. I know prob be blasted for even mentioning her name but I wish we had someone like Maggie Thatcher. She had a presence that when she walked into a room people knew she was there. She made a lot of mistakes sure but she also fought tooth and nail for Britain and was well respected for it. She would have wiped the floor with Merkel and co.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 2:03pm
Thatcher made two very fundamental mistakes:-

She thought the country could run off the service industry with no need for heavy industry.

She also believed that as people became rich they became philanthropic.

Everything she did was based on those two assumptions, both of which were/are heavily flawed.

If you start thinking why Corbyn did receive such a large mandate instead of finding reasons why he shouldn't you will begin to understand how he got here. People wanted a politician that could make reasoned open decisions for the people of the country, not a salesman that could sell fridges to Eskimos.

It would be nice if Corbyn had a bit more presence but it is way down my list of priorities, functionality before aesthetics any day. It will come with time anyway, look at the Farage of today compared to a few years ago, he is much more statesmanlike now.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 2:56pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

If you start thinking why Corbyn did receive such a large mandate instead of finding reasons why he shouldn't you will begin to understand how he got here.

The reason he received such a large mandate was the votes of all the Conservatives who had paid their £3 to join the party.
As a leader, let alone an international statesman, he's a joke.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 3:06pm
Welcome back Chris thumbsup

I'd be interested in a list of good leaders of any parties we have (I know your list wouldn't match mine).
Posted By: cools Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 3:11pm
So nice to hear from you again Chris, you were missed..
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 3:12pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
The reason he received such a large mandate was the votes of all the Conservatives who had paid their £3 to join the party.

I'm amazed how proud some Tories are to admit they had lied and cheated to achieve corruption of democracy - that is the behaviour that made me leave the Conservative Party many years ago.

What were they so frightened of that they had to take these steps?
Posted By: Beethoven Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 3:28pm
Welcome back Chris, I hope you are feeling strong and keeping your spirits up.
Posted By: granny Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 3:34pm
Welcome back Chris.....we always knew we could never truly escape from Wiki. Good to see you. happy
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 4:02pm
Great to see you back Chris. I look forward to your
posts.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 4:12pm
Welcome back Chris.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Hilary Benn Sacked - 26th Jun 2016 5:50pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Originally Posted by Mark

Originally Posted by cools

Is it Corbyn that's wrong or that we have been conditioned to expect bullish lying psuedo-politicians these days?

This referendum has shown the worst - there has been very little politics or truth but just a school-ground game of naa-naa-na-naah-naa.

Isn't it about time we had a principled gentleman as a leader, after all this is about being a decision-maker not a variety act.
withthat
© Wirral-Wikiwirral