Forums
Posted By: derekdwc Brexit negotiations - 24th Jun 2016 7:26am
The way I see it is that leave mainly won because of the "freedom to work" (and immigrants)numbers coming in issues.
Hopefully negotiating our way out and new trade deals won't be a Norway type deal and we'll still be stuck with it.
Can we trust that our negotiators won't be loaded with remainers who may try to get terms near to their beliefs.
Will our MEPs be involved
Posted By: casper Re: Brexit negotiations - 24th Jun 2016 8:37am
Well I have said all along, that the main concern appeared to be about immigration, the Eu are adamant that any deal to stay in the free market must include free movement of EU individuals, this is what Norway and Switzerland have signed up to, like you I can see us ending up with the same or like agreement, they also pay money in, I can see an awful lot of disgruntled brexiters if this happens.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Brexit negotiations - 24th Jun 2016 12:45pm
We should hold back (until things calm down) on immediately coming out while we see how the rest of the EU react, but have someone standing by that can jump in if it looks like we could get favourable trading terms and a strong cutback of the free movement of EU individuals on the grounds that we are the most densely country in the EU and can only sustain a certain amount of incomers

I think Jeremy Corbin and Nigel Farage should be included in any negotiating setup. Both seem to capable of telling the truth as they see it.
Corbin on workers rights (also TTIP if that's still on the cards) and Farage on immigration.
I wouldn't know who to suggest on the trade and business side of it

sorry about rambling on but so much seems to be happening and I'll give the TV a miss for a few hours
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Brexit negotiations - 24th Jun 2016 1:58pm
Whats never been highlighted, is remaining is ANTI immigration because it stopped employers gaining the best skills best people whoever they are & from for the job from 100 % of the worlds market worker pool...
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Brexit negotiations - 24th Jun 2016 2:09pm
Staying in was always about consolidation of power into fedral europe
Look at the last 40 years
Crush the miners
Crush dissent
Rob pensions
We didnt want war...it was done
2004 labour immigration act...where we asked NO
Weaken unions
De regulate banks
Privatise everything
Blame people on dole/ immigrants
Abolish uks power /laws via 6 treaties
Last one lisbon treaty 2009
Constantly disrupt the NHS with change
Polarise wealth
Polarise living standards
Destroy public sectors
Reduce our rights as citizens....and on and on
Who ever is in power its their OWN agenda at play and not ours
Well done sticking 2 fingers up to it
Posted By: snowhite Re: Brexit negotiations - 25th Jun 2016 9:52am
Quicker we give them a divorce the better.
Here is what i found on you tube.
Am glad Uk has decided to vote leave.Its going to be tough but i believe its for the best.
[youtube]v=Tv47NxXKoEM[/youtube]
Posted By: granny Re: Brexit negotiations - 25th Jun 2016 10:57am
Originally Posted by svenlock68
Staying in was always about consolidation of power into fedral europe
Look at the last 40 years
Crush the miners
Crush dissent
Rob pensions
We didnt want war...it was done
2004 labour immigration act...where we asked NO
Weaken unions
De regulate banks
Privatise everything
Blame people on dole/ immigrants
Abolish uks power /laws via 6 treaties
Last one lisbon treaty 2009
Constantly disrupt the NHS with change
Polarise wealth
Polarise living standards
Destroy public sectors
Reduce our rights as citizens....and on and on
Who ever is in power its their OWN agenda at play and not ours
Well done sticking 2 fingers up to it

Unfortunately many are seeing this Brexit as the main issue being immigration. Mainly voiced by the same people who complain about the services being over stretched , the NHS, the housing problems and the homeless.

However, this list of issues that Sven makes is more typical of the Brexit voters, but of course many will not remember such.

You couldn't have put it better, Sven. Thanks
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: Brexit negotiations - 27th Jun 2016 11:46pm
"Europe's nations should be guided towards the super-state without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation" ~ Jean Monnet (Founder of the EU)
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Brexit negotiations - 28th Jun 2016 6:24am
Perhaps we have fell for the "Golden Bullet" We would not heal to the New World Order from within, so we get isolated and will be dealt with as a rogue state and made an example of.Boris tooled up for this when he bought the three water canon a couple of years ago and some talk of illegal weapons.Like a lot of things in The UK they are illegal to use( for now), but you can own one or three.Then we have the Daily Mail of which I am a declared reader even though I voted in,What happened to "you can,t believe a word The Daily Fail Says"The voice of all our friends around The World is deafening by their sllence because they see their hand outs deminish along with our GDP
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Brexit negotiations - 11th Jun 2017 4:43pm
A hard brexit was us becoming independent from EU, a no deal brexit was us becoming independent from the EU.

A soft brexit can only mean that the EU gets a better deal and the UK gets a worse deal unless anyone can explain otherwise?

Independence was what brexit was about, free to trade with the world (including the EU), freedom over our own laws and freedom over our immigration and border control. What can we compromise without losing out?
Posted By: keef666 Re: Brexit negotiations - 11th Jun 2017 6:15pm
I hate that term Brexit! but then i hate alot of others! Bespoked and dialogue for example!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral