Forums
Posted By: Excoriator Animal Magic - 23rd Jun 2016 7:59am
I find this quite disgusting:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36598935

It is high time the government took action to stop the whole hunting industry, and high time the police stopped turning a blind eye to what is going on.

It should not be left to amateurs, however well intentioned, to dig out evidence like this.

A ban on maintaining a hunting pack of dogs would be a good start. Not even the police could miss a hunting kennel!

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Animal Magic - 23rd Jun 2016 8:33am
Legal hunting/ illegal hunting!!!????

Who cares the whole lot is a disgrace!!

Posted By: granny Re: Animal Magic - 23rd Jun 2016 8:58am
I read , only yesterday that there is a huge rise in dogs disappearing . Not in this area yet.There is a 7 yr jail sentence for dog theft.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36590425

Horrible crimes of cruelty ! Where there is no sense there is no feeling. Where there is no compassion there is no life, and where there is enforced cruelty there is destruction to ones inner self. Once they finish with animals, what next ?
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Animal Magic - 23rd Jun 2016 10:01am
The whole point about this is the disregard by police and everyone else in the 'Establishment' of laws passed by Parliament.

Nonsensical excuses such as a single horseman with a Falcon on his arm meaning the unspeakable hunt members are NOT hunting with dogs, but merely taking said dogs for a run in the country, are routinely ignored by the cops. Would they be as credulous of a similarly transparent excuse by a youth on a run down council estate? I doubt it very much.

Even when the hounds set upon an unfortunate fox, and tear it to bits, the police are happy to accept that 'hunting with hounds' is not going on. The huntsmen were merely unable to restrain the dogs regrettable 'natural' tendency to kill foxes rather than enjoying their sober country walk or pursuing a fun trail of aniseed.

One might hope that this evidence that dogs have to be trained to hunt foxes would blow this particular excuse out of the water forever, but I am not optimistic. The affair will be kicked into the long grass, and the only casualty will be the unfortunate serf who was caught carrying out his unpleasant duties. Those condoning the practice and financing the operation will never face charges for it.

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Animal Magic - 23rd Jun 2016 10:07am
withthat
Posted By: venice Re: Animal Magic - 23rd Jun 2016 5:32pm
Well its a well meaning but ridiculous law . You cant blame the police for turning a blind eye . Just too hard to police/get convictions , for all the reasons Excoriator gave . I dont know what the answer is though , short of a complete ban on hunting hounds being off the lead , in groups of more than two , regardless of ownership?

Granny - funny you should say " huge rise in dogs disappearing . Not in this area yet" , this was on FB today

Sadly its not just foxes that are stolen as hound bait, pets are too , for dog fighting .

Vicki Macura to Friends of Birkenhead Council Kennels
7 hrs ยท
PLEASE be careful, mum has just caught two men trying to climb her garden gate to STEAL HER DOG, she caught him and asked him what he was doing and he asked if it was her dog coz he had lost his and she told him to get lost and then he jumped into a car. He was a young lad early twenties with brown hair to one side with a tan coloured t-shirt please be careful this was in HESWALL
© Wirral-Wikiwirral