Forums
Posted By: McGee M.P. Shot. - 16th Jun 2016 3:45pm
Labour MP Jo Cox has been shot and stabbed while conducting her weekly surgery and is now critical and fighting for her life, but her husband has found the time to post a photograph of her on Twitter. Is it just me, or does that seem a tad inappropriate?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: M.P. Shot. - 16th Jun 2016 4:01pm
Perhaps Brendan Cox hasn't read the instruction manual on what you are and are not allowed to do when your wife gets shot.

Perhaps you want to give a list McGee?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: M.P. Shot. - 16th Jun 2016 4:43pm
Jo Cox has died. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jo-cox-dead-live-updates-8207676
Posted By: McGee Re: M.P. Shot. - 16th Jun 2016 4:53pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Perhaps Brendan Cox hasn't read the instruction manual on what you are and are not allowed to do when your wife gets shot.

Perhaps you want to give a list McGee?
A pathetic and unwarranted attempt at sarcasm Digs, if, God forbid, your wife was at death's door I doubt your first thought would be to post on social media.But then again, perhaps I'm giving you too much credit.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: M.P. Shot. - 16th Jun 2016 5:16pm
I don't think anyone would expect Brendan to be thinking and acting fully rationally, especially considering his tweet was about three hours after the shooting - at a time when he probably knew she would not live.

For the media to be nitpicking on minor things he does at that time is inappropriate beyond belief.

Next they will be counting how many teardrops he sheds.
Posted By: granny Re: M.P. Shot. - 16th Jun 2016 6:11pm
To be frank, I also thought it to be a strange thing to do so soon. However, when he posted it, she had already died,but it had not been released to the public. Maybe he did not know that it had not been released at that moment, and acted a bit irrationally as anyone might do in such a shocking situation. Grief can make us behave in strange ways.She died before 2pm.

Very sad .
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: M.P. Shot. - 16th Jun 2016 6:43pm
I don't think anyone would expect Brendan to be thinking and acting fully rationally, especially considering his tweet was about three hours after the shooting - at a time when he probably knew she would not live.

For the media to be nitpicking on minor things he does at that time is inappropriate beyond belief.

withthat
Posted By: fish5133 Re: M.P. Shot. - 16th Jun 2016 7:33pm
Already got flags flying at half mast.. such a sad affair poor lady.. seems almost production line response from the media and establishment these days.
One report I read seemed to suggest she intervened in a dispute between the killer and someone else?
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: M.P. Shot. - 16th Jun 2016 8:35pm

The 41-year-old mother of two was shot three times and stabbed just before 1pm in Birstall in her Batley & Spen constituency.

She was pronounced dead around an hour later, quote from paper that rude put up
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: M.P. Shot. - 17th Jun 2016 6:25pm
While we do not yet know the full details, it is becoming clearer that the man who murdered Jo Cox had far-right links – and it is quite possible that we have witnessed an act of fascist terrorism. As we reflect on the tragedy, we should also consider the escalating atmosphere of hate in British society. Some have shamefully whipped up these feelings during the referendum campaign. Another Europe is Possible
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: M.P. Shot. - 18th Jun 2016 10:14am
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
As we reflect on the tragedy, we should also consider the escalating atmosphere of hate in British society. Some have shamefully whipped up these feelings during the referendum campaign.

laffin
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: M.P. Shot. - 18th Jun 2016 3:42pm
R.I.P to Jo Cox. I'll be glad when this referendum is over, there's been too much scaremongering and bitterness from both sides of the campaign.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: M.P. Shot. - 18th Jun 2016 7:38pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
As we reflect on the tragedy, we should also consider the escalating atmosphere of hate in British society. Some have shamefully whipped up these feelings during the referendum campaign.

laffin
Here he is, the 'quiet', 'timid' & 'lonely' gardener known as Thomas Mair, giving the Nazi salute.

Keep in mind, he's just a mentally ill man, his actions have nothing to do with being influenced by right-wing vilification of immigrants and refugees: the media told me so...

Attached picture Nazi.jpg
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: M.P. Shot. - 19th Jun 2016 1:04pm
Oh well. Some don't do irony.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral