Forums
Posted By: cools alligator attack in Disney - 15th Jun 2016 5:00pm
God how terrible must that have been for the parents to witness their 2year old baby boy being taken by an alligator. It's something that I would not ever have thought could happen in Disneyworld. I know alligators are common in Florida but surely they should make it safer somehow where they know kids are. No swimming sign really does not impress how dangerous it was, and you know how kids love water. I feel so much for them. Poor baby..
Posted By: fish5133 Re: alligator attack in Disney - 15th Jun 2016 5:30pm
First news item I read this morning----prayed for the poor parents--same again this evening. Was it actually Disneyworld or a Disney hotel?
I share your anguish for them. The faces on the police said it all.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: alligator attack in Disney - 15th Jun 2016 7:38pm
It was at the Grand Floridian, a Disney World Resort Hotel.
So very sad, can't begin to imagine what the family must be going through after seeing that happen to their little boy....heartbreaking.
Posted By: granny Re: alligator attack in Disney - 15th Jun 2016 8:39pm
Really dreadful for everyone but for the poor baby and the parents, it's not even possible to imagine .He was only paddling up to his ankles apparently, but they must have been watching him. Horrible !!
Posted By: starakita Re: alligator attack in Disney - 15th Jun 2016 9:09pm
Just heard on the radio they have found the body but there were notices up saying no swimming & there were no lifeguards on that part of the grounds
Posted By: granny Re: alligator attack in Disney - 15th Jun 2016 9:31pm
In some miniscule way, that is a very small blessing. Imagine if baby had not been found !
Posted By: cools Re: alligator attack in Disney - 15th Jun 2016 10:01pm
I'm glad also that they found this little babe at least they have closure. I gave my little grandson who is also 2 lots of hugs and kisses this afternoon, life is so fragile.
Posted By: venice Re: alligator attack in Disney - 16th Jun 2016 1:23am
The recovery team say his body was intact (thank goodness for the parents sake, some small small mercy) and they will continue to hunt to make sure the offending alligator is killed (if its not been already).
Two questions - I wonder why the gator left the body alone once drowned, and I wonder how the team will know which gator is the guilty one ? So far they have post-mortem'd the ones they' ve killed , for the purpose of identification of the killer - obviously to examine its stomach -- but how can they identify it now the whole body has been recovered?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: alligator attack in Disney - 16th Jun 2016 2:37am
They have captured and killed five gators, they are hoping to do dental checks to identify if they have caught the relevant one.

While there are a lot of gators in Florida they try to keep them away from built up places and especially tourist areas.
Posted By: Uffda Re: alligator attack in Disney - 16th Jun 2016 9:01am
Truly heartbreaking, the parents will never recover. My ex sister in law was from Florida and said that wherever there is a puddle of water in Florida you should presume that an alligator could be there. They can also climb stairs (seriously) and the chlorine in swimming pool don't put them off. The alligators aren't the problem, we have to share the environment and respect that they are wild animals and were there first.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral