Forums
Posted By: venice Wow , what a statement ! - 7th May 2016 8:21am
Flipping heck, Im amazed that the Independant has been quite so outspoken here. It starts by saying this is proof we are in the grip of terrorist sympathisers

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ist-in-the-end-a7017346.html#commentsDiv
Posted By: venice Re: Wow , what a statement ! - 7th May 2016 10:06am
ps Im aware the paper was really having a pop at Goldsmith etc, Im commenting on the non diplomacy of the subheadline .Surely it should have been in some sort of brackets or something? Not everyone will read the whole thing.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wow , what a statement ! - 7th May 2016 12:49pm
Sensationalist rubbish. Of course politicians fraternize with the "enemy". Churchill was in non-stop communication with Hitler. You don't bring about peace and cooperation by ignoring people.

Most of these terrorists have been created by us anyway, you can't bomb a country to death and expect no retaliation.

Its about time the media were brought to task on the standard of reporting.

Interesting comments about the apartheid in London in the same article, the social housing occupants are virtually excluded from the gardens of the same development.
Posted By: cools Re: Wow , what a statement ! - 7th May 2016 1:53pm
Well I just hope he is one of the good guys and means what he says . First rung of the ladder springs to mind with me. And I wouldn't put any defence up for terrorists DD, the horrible vile things that they do.
Posted By: venice Re: Wow , what a statement ! - 7th May 2016 2:33pm

Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Interesting comments about the apartheid in London in the same article, the social housing occupants are virtually excluded from the gardens of the same development.

Yes, pretty mean having to pay extra to use the garden.Wonder how that affects various children in the area. Can you imagine , some will be allowed there and some wont, --thats got to be a gang forming situation. Should be banned for that reason alone.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wow , what a statement ! - 7th May 2016 2:47pm
Originally Posted by cools
Well I just hope he is one of the good guys and means what he says . First rung of the ladder springs to mind with me. And I wouldn't put any defence up for terrorists DD, the horrible vile things that they do.

We are terrorists in other countries, firing missiles and dropping bombs on other countries you are not even at war with is surely a pretty bad type of terrorism.
Posted By: cools Re: Wow , what a statement ! - 7th May 2016 3:15pm
I didn't agree with going into the Middle East and poking our noses in, to me let them all get on with it, but we did. That part of the world is always fighting someone and don't soppose it will ever end. I'm very patriotic and will always stand up for this country and be counted...
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Wow , what a statement ! - 7th May 2016 4:16pm

We are terrorists in other countries, firing missiles and dropping bombs on other countries you are not even at war with is surely a pretty bad type of terrorism.

You make a good point dd. Makes me think how biased we can all be.
Albeit unwittingly.
And that applies universally.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wow , what a statement ! - 7th May 2016 4:33pm
I didn't agree with going into the Middle East and poking our noses in, to me let them all get on with it, but we did. That part of the world is always fighting someone and don't soppose it will ever end. I'm very patriotic and will always stand up for this country and be counted...

I'm very patriotic and nationalistic as well - the will of our Government is not the will of the people - all the major political parties are in cohorts with each other to totally ignore the will of the people.

A very small number of people are not only destroying our country, they are helping to destroy the world as well, we are re-enacting the barbaric tribes of centuries ago, progress eh?

There is no need for any of this, if this small number of individuals want to fight, stick them in an amphitheatre to fight amongst themselves and let the rest of the people of this world get on with their day to day living.

I'm sure the number of people that want peace far exceed the number that want war, how come we allow aggressive antagonists to purvey?
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Wow , what a statement ! - 9th May 2016 6:34pm
...Churchill was in non-stop communication with Hitler...

Would you care to offer up any justification, proof, or other citation, for this ludicrous statement?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wow , what a statement ! - 9th May 2016 9:12pm
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
...Churchill was in non-stop communication with Hitler...

Would you care to offer up any justification, proof, or other citation, for this ludicrous statement?

I can't
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Wow , what a statement ! - 10th May 2016 9:40am
I would imagine if there was communication, it would have been via diplomatic channels, via the embassies in neutral countries.

It would be daft to think that there was no way of communication for the powers, other than from public media broadcasts.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral