Forums
Posted By: Mark Budget 2016: George Osborne warns of cuts - 13th Mar 2016 8:29am
Chancellor George Osborne has warned the country has to "act now rather than pay later" ahead of this week's Budget.
Writing in the Sun on Sunday, Mr Osborne says he will have to make new cuts to public spending "so the country lives within its means".
The world was "facing its most uncertain period since the Great Recession", he wrote.
He said his 16 March Budget "will set out the clear direction we must hold to through the current uncertainty".
Mr Osborne warned of cuts in the Budget in a BBC interview last month.
Writing in the newspaper on Sunday, Mr Osborne warned that "the hopes of a stronger global recovery have evaporated".

Source click me

What do you think the cuts will be?
What about the things going up?
Posted By: palemoon Re: Budget 2016: George Osborne warns of cuts - 13th Mar 2016 8:52am
Unfortunately Osbourne can do whatever he wants thanks to the working class Tories and weak opposition.
Posted By: cools Re: Budget 2016: George Osborne warns of cuts - 13th Mar 2016 9:52am
With leaders like Ed Milliband and Jeremy Corbin is it any wonder you have working class Tories as you call them. It's Labour who got us involved in the Middle East war! It's Labour who when ousted left a note , No Money Left !! I don't agree with a lot if the cuts and do feel that the North is getting a bad deal, London is not the be all and end all of England as I think a lot of government believe share the cuts abit more fairer! Until Labour get a decent and realistic strong leader I guess I'll be a working class Tory!
Posted By: granny Re: Budget 2016: George Osborne warns of cuts - 13th Mar 2016 11:41am
Originally Posted by cools
With leaders like Ed Milliband and Jeremy Corbin is it any wonder you have working class Tories as you call them. It's Labour who got us involved in the Middle East war! It's Labour who when ousted left a note , No Money Left !! I don't agree with a lot if the cuts and do feel that the North is getting a bad deal, London is not the be all and end all of England as I think a lot of government believe share the cuts abit more fairer! Until Labour get a decent and realistic strong leader I guess I'll be a working class Tory!

Well said Cools. What a stupid expression it is that keeps cropping up. Not far removed from 'jumped up Labour ' supporters.
Anyway, as much as I cringe when we hear about more cuts, there is a definite feel now of being back on our feet a bit. There are plenty of people eating out, and buying alcohol off the shelves, that is a sure sign that things are ok. The pub along the road is jammed at weekends, many are families, and they are probably mostly from jumped up Labour supporters thinking they can join the land of working class Tories. My Goodness !! How dare they !

We do at least now have certain 'devolution of services to Parish Councils', which has been handed over to councils for the fair distribution of Government funding to local people, and for where they see it best used. If we don't like how they spend it, then we vote out our local council. In our case, the jumped up Labour, who wine and dine the proceeds away in the Town Hall. (That sounds so silly , doesn't it ? grin )

That aside, if we read and listen more carefully to the political and financial reports, we are heading towards another big recession. All things are pointing to that, and it was indicated last year. Therefore, if we can be prepared instead of blowing the lot beforehand, we might be in a better position.

If Corbyn ever gets voted , along with his mate John Commy Macdonald, then I will lose the will to live. We see now that Poland are sliding backwards away from the democracy they fought so hard for. So we'll possibly have even more foreigners to look after !!
Posted By: venice Re: Budget 2016: George Osborne warns of cuts - 13th Mar 2016 12:27pm
I think Osbourne will be in danger of seriously undermining 'his lots' support if he makes any more 'wrong' cuts. People are losing patience with his seemingly harsh attitude towards disabled folk etc. I understand and want that the lead swingers and those who play the system are routed out, but if he proceeds unfairly , it will backlash at him. If he wants to cut more , he needs to target VERY carefully and let it be seen that he is also attacking with gusto, the loopholes and advantages taken by richer or able folk and companies too.
Posted By: palemoon Re: Budget 2016: George Osborne warns of cuts - 13th Mar 2016 12:52pm
Originally Posted by cools

You reap what you sow.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral