Forums
Posted By: fish5133 British Astronaut-Tim Peake - 15th Dec 2015 7:28am
Sounds a bit like the Jamaican bobsleigh team. Gotta lotta bottle to head off to Thunderbird 5 aka international space station.
Just a nagging feeling it aint going to go right.
Posted By: granny Re: British Astronaut-Tim Peake - 15th Dec 2015 9:08am
For some reason, this seems more exciting than other missions. Maybe a great example of how the media can brain wash us.

Sorry you said those last few words Fish, as I have also had similar feelings and thought it was simply my presence of mind i.e. pessimistic atm; let's hope we are wrong.

Wishing them all well on this magnificent trip. I've booked DD in for the next one. He can go as the Wiki Scout. laugh
Posted By: granny Re: British Astronaut-Tim Peake - 15th Dec 2015 10:25am

Live coverage ;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10318089
Posted By: venice Re: British Astronaut-Tim Peake - 15th Dec 2015 11:47am
Hurrah! Good lift off and going well so far. Everything crossed for them.. Was sitting there wondering how they must feel ,knowing they could be dead soon , yet they were telling the base how excited they were to look out of the window and see earth for the first time. I suppose your training must just mean you have faith in the science , the checks, etc and your 'end' would be so painless and instantaneous that there would be no point even thinking about it . Glad they are safe so far though.

Thinking about it , death wouldnt be the fear would it, it would be going off orbit or something , alive but not being able to be brought back , and you die slowly from lack of nourishment once supplied are finished. Ugh.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: British Astronaut-Tim Peake - 15th Dec 2015 4:49pm
Been following this myself,his dad was on the radio this morning,Hes not worried .. Says he is more concerned of him travelling up the M27,Space travel`its fairly routine nowadays .. God speed,rocket men.
Posted By: granny Re: British Astronaut-Tim Peake - 15th Dec 2015 5:18pm
They are due to dock in the next half hour. An amazing achievement and their families must be so proud. Tim has had to learn Russian, as the instruction manuals are all in Russian. He's no fool is he, not the average kid from the local primary school !

Does anyone know if Sarah Brightman is still going into space next year ?
Posted By: hagar Re: British Astronaut-Tim Peake - 16th Dec 2015 1:39am
Have not seen sarah brightman boarding my rocket yet.
Posted By: granny Re: British Astronaut-Tim Peake - 17th Dec 2015 8:47pm
You might be in luck Hagar ! She's cancelled her £33m. flight according to this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ace-Station-personal-family-reasons.html

She probably found out that her facelift would not survive the
g force !

Oh dear...what a bitch ! verysorry
© Wirral-Wikiwirral