Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX The Missing Million - 25th Oct 2015 8:37pm
One million people across the country look set to disappear from the electoral register on 1st December this year.
And that’s on top of the million or more eligible adults already missing from the electoral register.

The hashtag is #MissingMillion.

People can register to vote online here: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
Posted By: Dilly Re: The Missing Million - 25th Oct 2015 11:25pm
Vote for what ? A different bunch of crooks
Posted By: chriskay Re: The Missing Million - 26th Oct 2015 1:08pm
Why should anyone care? If they're too idle to register they don't deserve a vote.
Oh, I gather that the Labour party thinks there's a disproportionately large number of their potential supporters who are affected: why should that be, I wonder?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: The Missing Million - 26th Oct 2015 4:37pm
tbh I am confused by this, we recently re-registered and it was a household form not individual.

I guess this only applies to new registrations, if re-registration is required they will presumably contact ALL the people they know about individually from the previous household forms - or will they?

The way it is worded the implication is that if you were last on a household registration but not the named person the form was sent to then you registration could be dropped - I'm guessing that is not what they meant???

Befuddled!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Missing Million - 26th Oct 2015 4:50pm
From December 2015 the registration is changing. Individuals need to register not a designated household member completing the form on behalf of eligible voters.
Posted By: chriskay Re: The Missing Million - 26th Oct 2015 5:20pm
I've just talked to my local registration department. They tell me that, if I've filled in a registration form which includes others apart from the person filling out the form, each of those individuals will receive a letter asking for their personal information. In other words, and assuming the system actually works, people who didn't personally fill out the registration form will only be dropped from the register if they fail to complete the form which they will be sent. If they refuse a request to complete the form, they can be fined £80.
So, DD, you're right; individuals included on a previous household form will be contacted to complete their individual form.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: The Missing Million - 26th Oct 2015 5:51pm
Cheers Chris thumbsup
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Missing Million - 26th Oct 2015 5:59pm
www.labour.org.uk

Second article down. I had my individual form ages ago.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Missing Million - 26th Oct 2015 7:40pm
http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/vrdrive/

On 1 December, if the Government gets its way, up to 2 million people will drop off the electoral register - in what will be the single biggest act of disenfranchisement in our history.

You can check the drop off in your area here.

If that wasn’t bad enough, there are another 8m people who are not on the register at all. That equates to 19% of the adult population do not currently have the vote.

This is an outrage and HOPE not hate is determined to do something about it.

HOPE not hate is joining with a broad range of organisations to make November our Voter Registration month and we are inviting you to get involved. Whether you are an individual who wants to join one of our Voter Registration drives, a member of a faith or community group who wants to promote voter sign-up in their networks or a local councillor who wants to increase the electorate in his or her ward, we can help.

By signing up to our November Voter drive we can supply you with the tools you need to run a successful voter drive.

This website will act as a hub for our November drive, with events promoted and searchable on our map, and campaign and Voter Registration stories added regularly.

We will launch our campaign on 4 November, a day we have designated Democracy Day.

On this day there will be events throughout the country and a massive push on social media to encourage people to register to vote.

More details about this day will be posted shortly, so please check back.

Voting is the lifeblood of any democracy and we urge you to join us to ensure the maximum number of people can access this democratic right before the 1 December deadline.

For more information or specific questions, email John at [email protected]

See also our special report Britain’s missing voters - Individual Electoral Registration and the Boundary Review

Posted By: starakita Re: The Missing Million - 26th Oct 2015 8:25pm
I filled my form in ages ago but I had to add my sons on,one is 17 one is 16.They have been sent their own forms to fill in,one's done it online,the other filled the form out.
Posted By: chriskay Re: The Missing Million - 26th Oct 2015 8:43pm
Rude, it's not the government's fault if labour voters are either too lazy or too thick to fill in the form.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Missing Million - 26th Oct 2015 8:48pm
I am visiting my 95 year old Grandfather tomorrow- will be requesting his N.I Number (I assume he will have one) and will re-register him, to Vote.

I think his Vote would be a 'lost one' as would students etc....Everybody has the right to Vote....will make sure Grandad has his (even though he votes for the other team, so to speak wink )
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Missing Million - 26th Oct 2015 9:11pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
Rude, it's not the government's fault if labour voters are either too lazy or too thick to fill in the form.
Nothing to do with laziness nor lack of intelligence, Chris. Just another sweeping statement from yourself....

Not everybody entitled to Vote realises the changes coming in. DiggingDeeper who I consider to be an educated person did not know. He has completed a Household Form and was *befuddled* by this new Individual Application process...his and his 'others' must be in the Post....the whole point of the Original Post. Other people (whatever political persuasion) may not be as 'switched on' either

Just raising awareness...that is all. Yes, one of the sources is Labour BUT this post applies to everybody, regardless of where they place their X

You are just showing yourself to be the Bigot that you are, in my opinion.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: The Missing Million - 26th Oct 2015 9:13pm

What form? Have you got an individual form Chris or have you broken your own rule? wink

What confused me is that I registered on an individual basis,then after this I appeared on a household form.
Posted By: chriskay Re: The Missing Million - 26th Oct 2015 11:22pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

What form? Have you got an individual form Chris or have you broken your own rule? wink

What confused me is that I registered on an individual basis,then after this I appeared on a household form.

I don't need a form since I completed the last household form as sole occupier. If I had included any others, they would need to complete a new form and would be so advised by post.
Posted By: chriskay Re: The Missing Million - 26th Oct 2015 11:31pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Nothing to do with laziness nor lack of intelligence, Chris. Just another sweeping statement from yourself....

Not everybody entitled to Vote realises the changes coming in. DiggingDeeper who I consider to be an educated person did not know. He has completed a Household Form and was *befuddled* by this new Individual Application process...his and his 'others' must be in the Post....the whole point of the Original Post. Other people (whatever political persuasion) may not be as 'switched on' either

Just raising awareness...that is all. Yes, one of the sources is Labour BUT this post applies to everybody, regardless of where they place their X

You are just showing yourself to be the Bigot that you are, in my opinion.

Anyone entitled to vote who has previously been listed on a household form, will be individually notified if they need to re-register.
Thanks for according me a capital "B" for Bigot; must mean I'm more important than your average bigot.
Of course, there must be some who choose not to be on, and are not entitled to be on, the electoral roll, such as illegal immigrants.
You class me as a bigot; I class you as Loony Left (note caps).
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: The Missing Million - 27th Oct 2015 12:06am
Is the act of calling someone a bigot not an act of bigotry itself?
Posted By: Moonstar Re: The Missing Million - 27th Oct 2015 2:20pm
Sadly, there are those entitled to vote who will do as they must because they are controlled by others.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral