Forums
Posted By: granny Tata Steel loss 1,200 jobs - 20th Oct 2015 10:08am
Another blow for the steel industry .

1,200 jobs to go. The penalty for mergers between British companies and eventually takeovers by multinational companies.

One wonders what will be next, particularly once the Chinese get their dragon claws out.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Tata Steel loss 1,200 jobs - 20th Oct 2015 10:19am
Ever since Thatchet sold off British Steel the industry has steadily gone down hill. The guts of the industry has been sucked dry by privatisation over the years. Some industries like power supply, water supply, etc should never have been privatised - now we see the lifeblood of the country being without our control.

Sold down the river be the greedy and ignorant.
Posted By: cools Re: Tata Steel loss 1,200 jobs - 20th Oct 2015 12:55pm
It's very very sad this, all those jobs going. What was that prophecy , "The Yellow Man shall inherit the earth"' seems like that could happen. The Chinese seem to be into everything.. ( and before anybody says I,m not being racist). It would be nice if we could go back to just buy British stuff but we all like to save money and buy cheaply.
Posted By: granny Re: Tata Steel loss 1,200 jobs - 20th Oct 2015 1:57pm
On Sunday, I asked my twin grand daughters...age five, what they had done at school this week.
As they were playing with a puzzle made up with French words, I asked if they had done French lessons. No, said one of them only Spanish and Chinese !!!! Could this be true and if so, would it not be sensible if they knew English first ?

Is there a method in the madness ? Maybe we'll all be working for the Chinese sooner rather than later.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Tata Steel loss 1,200 jobs - 20th Oct 2015 2:31pm
Strategic industries should never be hived off to foreign companies/powers. Simple but our lot have lost the plot. Stable doors and bolting horses coming to mind.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Tata Steel loss 1,200 jobs - 21st Oct 2015 10:50pm
where we going to get the steel to make our military machines and weapons?--or we just going to buy them from our enemies
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Tata Steel loss 1,200 jobs - 21st Oct 2015 11:11pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
where we going to get the steel to make our military machines and weapons?--or we just going to buy them from our enemies
That appears to be The Plan!!! Wine and Dine them too at £1400 a bottle. On the same day that hundreds of U.K Steelworkers are losing their jobs....Thousands of families losing their Tax Credits, too. D.C is 'delighted'.

Party of Hardworking People......I don't think so.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Tata Steel loss 1,200 jobs - 21st Oct 2015 11:19pm

Description: Ran out of Fish Fingers, Dave!!!
Attached picture Austerity President Xi.jpg
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Tata Steel loss 1,200 jobs - 21st Oct 2015 11:27pm
https://www.facebook.com/HuffPostUKComedy/videos/641483079288540/?pnref=story
Posted By: venice Re: Tata Steel loss 1,200 jobs - 22nd Oct 2015 1:47pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Originally Posted by fish5133
That appears to be The Plan!!! Wine and Dine them too at £1400 a bottle. On the same day that hundreds of U.K Steelworkers are losing their jobs....Thousands of families losing their Tax Credits, too. D.C is 'delighted'.

Party of Hardworking People......I don't think so.

Sort of all fits in with 'do the Americans really want to defeat IS ' (look at their crap efforts) or do they actually want to see Europe wrecked by it . Definitely getting more and more believable that stuff is going on to deliberately bring us down .
© Wirral-Wikiwirral