Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper German Refugee Payments - 29th Sep 2015 9:11pm
It looks like Germany is stopping paying cash to refugees (giving food vouchers etc instead).

"Cash handouts of €143 a month for a single person are seen as making Germany more desirable for migrants than other European states"

In UK we give them €215.60 a month, over 50% more than Germany!
Posted By: granny Re: German Refugee Payments - 29th Sep 2015 10:15pm
I think that works out at about £1.80 more per day paid by the UK Government.

I do think food vouchers are a better idea at the moment. Who knows what they would do with the cash. They could send it to ISIS, or give it to the mosques to arrange to bring their relatives to Europe. Far fetched ? No.....we have to be one step ahead. As much as I feel for them, they do work their heads particularly well !
Posted By: casper Re: German Refugee Payments - 30th Sep 2015 9:31am
Whilst all these countries are having their "meetings" why don't they standardise the allowances across the EU, a rate that applies to all countries, whether it be food vouchers or other means, it sounds a fairer way and will help with the distribution of the refugees who seem to seek out who pays the most, as Europe appears the place to be maybe there should be a body set up to regulate and oversee the resettlement, I am sure there are plenty of spare bods knocking around Brussels offices that they could use, at present it just seems to be a free for all.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: German Refugee Payments - 30th Sep 2015 12:40pm
Rip off Britain might pay more but most things are heavily weighted with a tax burden that returns the money to the giver quicker than most countries in the EU.Payments have to be relevant to the cost of living in the host country.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral