Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Immigration Crisis - 27th Aug 2015 11:47am
In just one year approximately 640,000 people moved into the UK while only 310,000 moved out.

SOURCE
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 27th Aug 2015 1:17pm
Could it not be another figure fixing exercise to shut Germany up from putting pressure on Britain to take more migrants ?
Even Germany's suspected figures for 800,000 migrants this year is above and beyond rational thinking. There is only about 300 thousand (or less) entered Europe this year apparently. Figures are just not adding up, anywhere.

Germany are taking mainly the Syrians, and Kosovo's knowing full well they will be repatriated after the troubles are over. Slightly different for the migrants wanting to come to UK.
One thing that bothers me, is why many of those at Calais, cover their faces. It's not a very good signal.

Germany are now panicking ,due to their rules for Europe and now they are being targeted more. They are jumping hoops trying to relieve a bad situation rising on their home territory. Mrs Merkel,or any of them to my knowledge, have not made any major speeches of any concern with regard to the migrants entering Greece, Italy and Spain even though they have endlessly called for help in a bad situation and their target country was mainly UK. The tide has changed and she/they don't like it now.

How is it that the Dublin Treaty has not been enforced ? Probably because this so called unity does not really want to be united at certain times, and why aren't the migrants in Calais registered in France now? Some have been there long enough to have a residence permit! I suppose France's argument is that they should be registered in Italy and so on. There's not much point in having treaties that aren't enforced.

I also wonder how all these thousands of people are able to buy food, water, clothing, tents, nappies, shoes, (as shown on bulletins ) where is their money coming from, considering they are supposed to have given it all to people traffickers ?

Another thing that puzzles me, is we are not hearing any stories from these migrants, of the situations they have fled from. No personal stories to back up their claims of torture, starvation , cruelty etc. Why not ? Maybe there is an answer to that , such as confidentiality. They do not look malnourished considering their alleged arduous journeys and I wonder if there is an element of 'cleansing' happening in some of these countries.
Which country was the man from who had his child with him and said all the women have been killed ? Why is it nearly all men coming and abandoning their families. There is something or many 'somethings' that don't ring true and/or we are being kept in the dark.
I feel bitterly sorry for those affected particularly the mothers and children, but there has to be more to this than people traffickers and I would hate to think that it could be a manipulated extension of the 'caliphate'

Maybe that's getting a bit too extreme at the moment.

Keep on with the false migration figures Cameron.

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 27th Aug 2015 2:16pm
With regard to food, shelter, shoes etc etc there are many individuals/ groups travelling to Calais with donations.

There is a group from Wallasey going next week. See 'Calais Human Beings' on facebook.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 27th Aug 2015 2:49pm
Thanks. Have sent a message for drop off point.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 27th Aug 2015 3:23pm
In 2014 the net migration into Europe was around 1.6 million.

In first quarter of 2014 there were 110,000 asylum applications to Europe.

In 2012 the total legal immigrants to the EU was 1.7 million.

I think your 300,000 figure isn't for a year or it may just be asylum seekers which is a small proportion of the immigrants.

Immigrants on the whole were reasonably well off, the poor can't afford to come.

Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 27th Aug 2015 3:46pm
Only going on figures related on news channels, but if the figure that Hungary quotes of 3,200 per day on a daily basis x 365 days , that equals 1,168,000. Are your figures using free movement of European countries, or only asylum seekers/refugees ?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 27th Aug 2015 3:50pm
My first post is UK migration so includes EU and non-EU, iirc the EU migrants accounted for about half of them but I couldn't fully quantify that because these were net figures and the two groups could have completely different proportion of ins and outs.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 27th Aug 2015 4:09pm
This is what I mean, it's hard to get true figures for anything. In July the figures quoted for migrants arriving from the Med. was 150,000 this year 2015 .

Population of Liverpool about 500,000. So our figure of 330,000 is quite large.

It surprises me that issuing of the false passports in Kos (probably not the only place) is not being rooted out. As soon as they have the passport, they can fly off to any EU country they wish to. Each country is playing it's own part in this problem, and happy to off load to another country.

Expectation of another 1.6 million influx (not necessarily this year)from the Syrian refugee camps in Turkey, but they are in a safe place at the moment, so I'm not sure how they can be granted asylum in Europe.

So far as them being the wealthy migrants, fairly true to form. Run away and let the minions take the rap. That side of it makes me very angry, but only to be expected.
If all this continues, I think the Jewish populations in France, UK and elsewhere, will be moving on too.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 27th Aug 2015 4:49pm
Its interesting that Poland is fighting this non-EU immigration, the Polish are the largest of the UK immigrants and take quite a bit of wealth from UK back to Poland, these non-EU migrants will be competing for the same jobs as a lot of the Polish.

As far as the Jews go - where there are people there is money.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Immigration Crisis - 28th Aug 2015 5:59pm
maybe they remember the Nazi invasions and with IS being close and on the march you cant blame them foe wanting to get as faraway as possibleand Europe is possibly the only direction they can go. With hindsight I think many of the jews would have fled Holland a lot sooner if they knew what would happen.

This country is only what it is because of immigrants and conquerors. Can see it being used to introduce a standard EU benefit system making it equally desireable to flee to any EU country. Perhaps Britain is seen as a safer option because of the English channel.
Let them in give them UK passports and pay there airfares to the USA or Canada
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Immigration Crisis - 28th Aug 2015 7:04pm
The world is on fire, we sit back and watch the flames leap across our border firebreaks, ring our hands and try to play good samaritan.I will say again "the only solution is to quench the fire".The youth of our saviour immigrants will have to join the front line as did the people they replaced,"the flower of Britain's youth" who gave their tomorrow for what some would give away.
This country is what it is because of immigrants and conquerors you could be right, a toothless bulldog.
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Immigration Crisis - 30th Aug 2015 8:55am
Its part of the wests bullying foreign policy karma.
We ,very spoilt westerners,will never know what its like to pack up and run away into another country and leave everything behind to simply just survive.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 30th Aug 2015 1:54pm
Granny- have you recieved the drop off address
Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 30th Aug 2015 2:00pm
Just caught up some news on the television.

More of a crisis with migrants in Greece.Its getting well out of control.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 30th Aug 2015 2:02pm
Originally Posted by svenlock68
We ,very spoilt westerners,will never know what its like to pack up and run away into another country and leave everything behind to simply just survive.
I don't buy nor read 'news' papers, other than scavenging through my mums recycle bin after work when I am outside smoking a fag
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 30th Aug 2015 2:06pm
Replace 'migrants' and 'refugees' in the Headlines of the papers with 'Human Beings'
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 30th Aug 2015 3:09pm
Your right because our young men went and fought with others to stay free, their families were under constant threat from the Luftwaffe while they were away, why don't these people stand for their country and families? because this has been mentioned many times before the majority of those seen or pictured in the media are well fed very fit young men a distinct lack of moral fibre.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 30th Aug 2015 3:22pm
Right wing media for ya?! First step is to label these humans and de-humanise them.

My own Father is now on a Yellow Card
His views disgust me and I will ban him from visiting me, spouting his irrational shit in MY house. NOT ON
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 30th Aug 2015 3:24pm
And his facist little dog! Piss off
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Immigration Crisis - 30th Aug 2015 4:59pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
And his facist little dog! Piss off
. Cool down Rude, rant at the world if you will, but leave the dogs out of it. I've never heard of a fascist dog before, except Eva Braun perhaps.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 30th Aug 2015 6:43pm
Lol Lud. Dont take it literal, just my sense of humour

(Although me dad has asked if I refuse entry to his dog 'coz he is white')?

Er,no
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Immigration Crisis - 30th Aug 2015 9:06pm
Originally Posted by svenlock68
I don't buy nor read 'news' papers, other than scavenging through my mums recycle bin after work when I am outside smoking a fag

Sarcasm rudebox?
Immigrants on tv running to the wall is like isis bombing things makes me think "dumb human race you live the sword you die by it"
Btw i havent bought a newspaper in 15 years...its all dross
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 31st Aug 2015 8:08am
Granny- have you recieved the drop off address

Yes I did thanks, but after rooting through I didn't find anything really suitable for the coming winter months. Instead I thought this a better option.

http://about.justgiving.com/content/calais-migrant-crisis
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 31st Aug 2015 8:40am
It does make me laugh; headlines today on BBC news website.

'Migrant crisis: EU calls emergency talks'

How many more meetings are they going to call. This one is not until 14th. September, so not such an emergency after all.

All the so called 'people smugglers' must have a constant convoy of vehicles to be transferring so many people. I don't believe it's only down to them, and the refugees/migrants are not telling the truth. There again, why start now ?

Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 31st Aug 2015 9:11am
Bottom line is that the EU have a massive problem on there hands and ran out of options to control it.

And i agree with Casper why don t these able young men stay and fight for there country and protect there families instead of running away.

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 31st Aug 2015 5:49pm

Attached picture Daily Mirror.jpg
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Immigration Crisis - 1st Sep 2015 7:14am
Itv did a really good prog last night late
Breaking into britain
Grass roots reality of their struggle
The french police beating the doc filmaker etc
Some interviews with people whos got through to live a life here
It was a good prog
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 1st Sep 2015 9:20am
Is Mrs Merkel really being so much 'holier than thou' or only securing Germany's future ? ...and so ends the dream of Germany's Caucasian supremacy. (should I say that ?) dunno

http://www.dw.com/en/germany-needs-more-immigrants-study-says/a-18344745

Over the long term, Germany will need to attract an average of 533,000 immigrants per year above the number of those that emigrate from the country, according to a study released on Friday by the Bertelsmann Foundation.

Without immigrants, the number of people of working age will sink from around 45 million at present to fewer than 29 million by 2050, the study found.

The study said half of the professionally qualified working force - people born during the "baby boom" in the 1950s and 60s - would retire by the year 2030, leaving a gap that could only be filled with workers from abroad.

Posted By: chriskay Re: Immigration Crisis - 1st Sep 2015 11:57am
A very perceptive observation, Granny.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 1st Sep 2015 1:07pm
It tells a tale doesn't it? Germany has been closing its doors to immigrants from Albania, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Macedonia and Bosnia-Herzegovina which are its traditional sources of labour.

Are Germany just going for cheap labour?
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 2nd Sep 2015 8:23am
Another 4,000 arrived in Greece last night. No end to this situation that is about to explode. There are just about more Syrian refugees (6 million)in Jordan than the Jordanian population and a further 11 million who do not want to fight !

There again, oh ye of little faith, it was foretold ! I hope you are all beginning to say your prayers. yes

Damascus one of the oldest cities on earth ;

Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city,
And it will be a ruinous heap.
Isaiah 17
Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 2nd Sep 2015 10:57am
They should stay and fight for there country.saw some news yesterday ,was sad sight to see,all the syrian temples and history being distroyed and these young able men are running away and letting this happen.
Wonder what they would do if our country became in the same situation. Would they flee or stand by the UK.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 2nd Sep 2015 1:28pm
From various reports, it would seem that most of the women and children are placed in refugee camps in Jordan, Iraq and Turkey. Even so, they are still subjected to rape etc.
Many of people still in Syria have been attacked by mustard gas. One wonders where IS get it from ??

On the news this afternoon Harriet Harman has suggested that the right way to go is to ask all councils in the UK how many refugees they can each take, with relation to housing and settling.
How many should Wirral take ?

Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 2nd Sep 2015 4:21pm
[youtube]v=RPqOKruQIoE[/youtube] I bet its more than the 330.00 figure now.
Theres a meeting on the 14th of this month.Cant be that urgent or they would call a meeting much sooner.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 2nd Sep 2015 7:35pm
Originally Posted by granny
From various reports, it would seem that most of the women and children are placed in refugee camps in Jordan, Iraq and Turkey. Even so, they are still subjected to rape etc.
Many of people still in Syria have been attacked by mustard gas. One wonders where IS get it from ??

On the news this afternoon Harriet Harman has suggested that the right way to go is to ask all councils in the UK how many refugees they can each take, with relation to housing and settling.

Wirral has plenty of empty 3+ bedroomed Social Housing properties, boarded up because hardly anybody fits the criteria for eligibility.

Evicted victims of Bedroom Tax/ Benefits Cap. The families who used to live there are now in Temporary Accomodation costing the council 500+% increase in costs of housing them in Bed and Breakfasts.

Have you seen the harrowing images of dead babies/ children who have drowned? Human Beings who are 'banned' from coming here.

It's all Bollocks.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 2nd Sep 2015 9:04pm
Look at this image xenophobic s!

Attached picture Tragic.jpg
Posted By: Mark Re: Immigration Crisis - 2nd Sep 2015 9:06pm
[Linked Image]

A Turkish border guard carries the body of a migrant child after a number of migrants died and a smaller number were reported missing after boats carrying them to the Greek island of Kos capsized, near the Turkish resort of Bodrum Photo: AP

Source Click Me

Lost for words .. .. .
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 2nd Sep 2015 9:10pm
Originally Posted by snowhite
[youtube]v=RPqOKruQIoE[/youtube] I bet its more than the 330.00 figure now.
Theres a meeting on the 14th of this month.Cant be that urgent or they would call a meeting much sooner.
OF COURSE it is not URGENT. Dis- placed Humans are just a distraction- nothing has changed for years and years.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 2nd Sep 2015 9:13pm
Originally Posted by Mark
[Linked Image]

A Turkish border guard carries the body of a migrant child after a number of migrants died and a smaller number were reported missing after boats carrying them to the Greek island of Kos capsized, near the Turkish resort of Bodrum Photo: AP

Source Click Me

Lost for words .. .. .
Me too- Mark. Heartbreaking
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 2nd Sep 2015 10:31pm

Wirral has plenty of empty 3+ bedroomed Social Housing properties, boarded up because hardly anybody fits the criteria for eligibility.

Evicted victims of Bedroom Tax/ Benefits Cap. The families who used to live there are now in Temporary Accomodation costing the council 500+% increase in costs of housing them in Bed and Breakfasts.

Have you seen the harrowing images of dead babies/ children who have drowned? Human Beings who are 'banned' from coming here.

It's all Bollocks.

Yes, we have all seen that picture and that is the first such ones we have been shown like those, as shock treatment. Has any serious thought been given to the thousands, including babies and children, who have already been drowned in the medi, or is it only the 'visible sign' that strikes a chord in people ?

I would have thought that if every council took 10 families or equivalent it would be quite a substantial help to the situation. There are 433 principle authorities in UK which could amount to 20,000 plus, for a start.
However, bleating about our own problems such as benefits and bedroom tax as a reason for being able to house some refugees, does not in principle seem a very generous gesture to those in greatest need.
As talked about on Newsnight tonight, we (the UK) are putting masses of effort and finance into the already refugee camps in the troubled areas, more than any other EU country. So we are doing stuff in different areas which is also an enormous help and saves many from the perilous journey's, where so many others have perished.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 2nd Sep 2015 10:51pm
There are only three ways of stopping those deaths.

1. Making it unattractive or pointless to risk the journey.

2. Making it more attractive for them to stay where they are.

3. Providing free and safe transport across seas.

Number 2 is the proper solution, we are going to end up bribing the governments/leaders in the end, we might as well start now.

Bribery has been the only successful solution to most conflicts in recent time, it works in everybody's favour. You only have to buy off a few officials/leaders at the top.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 2nd Sep 2015 11:24pm
With the pressure mounting from Germany on all the EU countries to take refugees, it is questionable as to why. Germany's pledge to take 800,000 is a figure that is hardly likely to be reached quite so soon, but as Germany is looking at asylum seekers, of which are mostly educated Syrians, is Mrs Merkel hoping the rest of Europe will take the illegal migrants and the not so educated asylum seekers/refugees ? She knows that putting that offer out, all the Syrians will now want to go there, which leaves the rest of Europe to pick up the bits. Clever woman!

I think that many would prefer to be helped to stay in or as near as possible to their homeland, but that depends on how long this situation continues, as it's certainly not over yet by a long chalk.

There's a point made tonight on why Saudi Arabia hasn't taken in any asylum seekers from Syria, being a neighbour country. They must be joking !! Saudi Arabia is one of the worst places to want to be, and strict Muslim. Plus, they are having a blow out with Yemen at the moment, so it's only a matter of time before inhabitants of another country is becomes displaced. More refugees, i.e. if they are allowed to flee !
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 3rd Sep 2015 9:35am
It would appear that nobody seems to have control of this crisis, any longer. Still no concrete action. Czechs writing numbers on hands are being criticised, but they seem to have a system, where so far no other country does.

Enter World Government ..... Note the United Nations are now beginning to say what other countries should be doing .....part of the problem is that UN haven't got any money to do anything with either. (where has it all gone to ?)

Two interesting links from 2012 and digging deeper( no pun intended) opens more interesting facts.

http://www.cgdev.org/blog/united-nations-wont-tell-public-where-it-gets-its-money

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world...the-brink-of-becoming-a-world-government

In the meantime, this is a picture I like, it gives hope.

Attached picture _85314839_67e85cdf-4ed2-46b6-a691-d7eb8d6a7986.jpg
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 3rd Sep 2015 3:17pm
Petition. 200 000 sigs already.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/03/syria-refugees-parliament-petition_n_8081520.html
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 3rd Sep 2015 3:44pm
Calais Human Beings
Drop Off Points
Liverpool
Saving Faces, Switch House, Northern Perimeter Road, Liverpool L30 7PT
14 Terence Road, Liverpool, L16 8NW
Birkenhead
Wirral Christian Centre Woodchurch Road Birkenhead Wirral Merseyside CH41 2UE Trish Thornley 07706727577

CURRENTLY NEEDED !
Warm clothes - Jumpers, waterproof jackets/pants.
MENS CLOTHES - desperately needed
mens trainers, boots etc
Shelters, Tents, Taupaulin.
Pots and Pans
Tinned food/dried food
Think about what you would need if you were about to spend the winter months in a tent !
Thanks everybody, together were stronger xxxxxx
Drop Off Address is 57 Oxton Road Wallasey CH44 4ET
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 3rd Sep 2015 4:31pm
If the petition is successful, which I'm sure it will be, then we will possibly have to follow Mr.Juncker's proposition from today.

As follows:

'Big increase'

Posted at 16:49

The Financial Times reports that European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker is to propose a big increase in the number of migrants to whom EU countries would be required to give temporary refuge, arguing it should rise from the 40,000 agreed in July to 160,000.

Posted By: fish5133 Re: Immigration Crisis - 3rd Sep 2015 5:04pm
when you think of all the caravan sites and camp sites that there are in this country that generally only cater for holiday makers and which have launderette, shop toilet shower facilities etc I am sure the country could take many thousands. During the war we housed around 250,000 prisoners of war in approx. 170 POW camps.can be done when we want to. Put them to work on projects that have been held back due to lack of funds.
Liverpools mayor said Liverpool would take 100. well its a meagre start

Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 3rd Sep 2015 5:43pm
Omg these scenes are terrible to watch and heartbreakingly sad. What can be done? At least as a temporary measure I still think there are islands and land that is uninhabited and with a lot of money and everybody helping to set up some kind of communes with facilities and shelters .inknow these people don't want that but surely it's better than this chaos and tragedy. It wouldn't have to be forever just to ease this problem.Am I really talking crazy and would this just be really that unworkable?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 3rd Sep 2015 5:59pm
Trouble in this country, you make temporary accommodation then 2 days later some court says it doesn't meet their rights and we end up paying for them to be in 5* hotels.
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 3rd Sep 2015 6:36pm
Wasn't this country I was thinking of DD. I was thinking of all the countries involved together providing the funds and wherewithall and setting up some kinds of refuge camps with facilities etc. There are loads of uninhabited islands and places which could be used as temporary communes and I know would cost a huge amount of money but huge amounts are allready being spent and it's not working. As I say it's not what they want but surely is better than what they've got now. Is this viable or not?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Immigration Crisis - 3rd Sep 2015 7:46pm
Nice thought Cools but uninhabited islands would have no facilities no running water, no sanitation , no electricity. Things would soon turn to squalour.
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 3rd Sep 2015 7:57pm
Well I know it's crazy Dilly but I still think as a short term measure it could be done .,I've watched these programmes where people just take off and decide to live in a remote place and they do it. There would have to be a lot of assistance given maybe water brought in ,food of course we'll all manner of things.it wouldn't be easy I know and I most probably crazy thinking it could work. Generators, solar panels, things like that. Oh I don't know , bloody IS to blame for all this,trying to destabilise the world. God I wish for a miracle.....
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 3rd Sep 2015 8:41pm
How about Scotland, Cools ? Plenty of space there. Mrs Stugeon is thinking we should all help. Plenty of farming land, good transport, crofts that can be refurbished, beautiful lochs for fishing ,Oil, and scotch. What more could anyone wish for ?

Maybe someone should put a message up on twitter to advertise that Scotland is open.

Posted By: venice Re: Immigration Crisis - 3rd Sep 2015 9:28pm
Regarding comments made about Wales and Scotland taking in their own quotas , and likewise all the uk councils -- I would imagine once accepted , these refugees being free , are immediately likely to move to wherever they want to be in the country , and congregate in ghettos, probably major English cities - blowing careful dispersal plans out of the window.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Immigration Crisis - 4th Sep 2015 10:30am
If anyone wants to take any migrants can they please fill out this form.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sponsor-a-visa-applicant-form-su07

reality begins here.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Immigration Crisis - 4th Sep 2015 10:51am
As the majority of the migrants seem to be fit young men, can anyone tell me why they're not at home protecting their families or fighting to defend their country instead of abandoning everything and everyone and legging it over to Europe?
Posted By: davew3 Re: Immigration Crisis - 4th Sep 2015 11:04am
Can it be called opportunism, something for nothing, thinking, stupid decadent countries why not, EU open borders.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Immigration Crisis - 4th Sep 2015 11:53am
I was just thinking what would of happen in ww2 if everyone ran away, why not stand and fight for your country, what going to happen if Isis come here do we all run away or fight on?
Posted By: Mark Re: Immigration Crisis - 4th Sep 2015 12:33pm
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?

The independent is now showing the poor dead boys picture on the shore not the carried picture to change attitudes.

You may find the images on this page distressing Click Me

The images of the boy is a game changer. RIP
Posted By: davew3 Re: Immigration Crisis - 4th Sep 2015 1:35pm
What game changer would that be, how many little ones die in Britain every day, why did his father survive and his younger brother die, why did his father decide the grass was greener in Europe and pay 5000 euro's to take his family on a boat without safety aids and away from a UNHCR registered safe country like Turkey, which I believe he had been living and working in a holiday resort for a few years, most countries would have him up for manslaughter, pity save it for it for what Britain will receive when these people find British benefits are more generous than the German ones and walse into the country showing their German passports, I do hope you have a decent job to pay for the taxes that the country will need, sympathy and pity then nah, it's all gone now.

All this info is/was picked up from varous papers and t,internet,
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 4th Sep 2015 2:20pm
Prime Minister has made an announcement of what Britain will be doing. I think the Government is taking the right steps, and lets not forget, those who are left in the camps are the poor, trapped Syrians. They also need help.

The massive amount of men might not be married and have had employment to allow them to accrue the money to get to Europe. They may also have the intention of bringing their wives and families once they are settled. Women cannot work out there. The volume of men are of the greatest concern, and I think the reason why European countries are so worried. There is bound to be a bad element amongst them which could be disastrous for all of us. Why have so many torn up their identity papers prior to travel ?

This article is worth reading and very upsetting. The selling of refugees organs, rape torture, malnutrition ,diseases and a multitude of other problems. The stories of the camps in Jordan surprises me. I thought Jordan was a fairly westernised society.

http://jafrianews.com/2013/04/16/sy...marry-in-refugee-camps-in-jordan-turkey/

The dragging of feet by Europe and UN on this whole situation is deplorable. Egypt gave fair warning what would happen prior to the summer months, and now Mrs Merkel making her announcement of taking 800,000, has made a bad situation worse. It was her attempt to put the rest of EU members to shame. Silly cow has really caused massive problems. None of the refugees now want to be registered in Hungary.

President Assad of Syrian wants them to go back home, apparently.

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 4th Sep 2015 2:21pm
We have to stop them travelling on the perilous routes that are killing so many, not encourage them by letting it be known that there is housing and aid at the end of their journey.

The more help carried out in Britain and Europe, the more that will travel, the more that will die.

Reality is being manipulated by the media, one child being used to stir emotions. How many thousands of children have we seen starving and diseased with much less emotion.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 4th Sep 2015 2:27pm
You mean like these little ones ?

Attached picture syrian-children-under-condemnable-conditions-at-refugee-camps.jpg
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Immigration Crisis - 4th Sep 2015 2:59pm
There are kids like this all over the world Brazil Africa India china all sleeping on the street and selling themselfs with nobody caring about them for years
Posted By: davew3 Re: Immigration Crisis - 4th Sep 2015 7:44pm

Seems the poor poor migrants don't like Hungarian food and water and prefer the food on the train, it's looking like the rabble is controlled, also nice to hear that the some of the million or so in camps in Lebanon are reported to be on the move to Europe, seems UNHCR comforts don't suit these poor poor people.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=344_1441354394
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 4th Sep 2015 9:22pm
You can almost feel the hoards of solicitors getting ready to represent them. A lot of the shouts from that train are a long way from what I would expect to hear from desperate homeless displaced people, they weren't asking or pleading, they were unashamedly demanding.

Very worrying times, too much world wide movement of people and it is getting very hard to differentiate between economic migrants and genuine refugees.
Posted By: Mark Re: Immigration Crisis - 4th Sep 2015 10:52pm
Funeral held in Syria for refugee brothers and their mum who drowned off Turkish coast

Read more: click me

[Linked Image]
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 6:27am
Got to agree with you DD, they have become organized and found that with force of numbers they can now demand, also noticed a lot covering their faces from the cameras and giving the victory sign, haven't got a problem taking families, but the amount of young men worries me, nothing to do, rife for organisation and radicalisation, I sincerely hope this is not the case for all our sakes.
Posted By: palemoon Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 9:46am
Originally Posted by casper
Got to agree with you DD, they have become organized and found that with force of numbers they can now demand, also noticed a lot covering their faces from the cameras and giving the victory sign, haven't got a problem taking families, but the amount of young men worries me, nothing to do, rife for organisation and radicalisation, I sincerely hope this is not the case for all our sakes.
withthat
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 12:28pm
I'm also curious where they got the freshly printed placards/banners from written in English when they are in Hungary???

All this chaotic movement from Middle East, West Africa and Europe really is falling in with the New World Order conspiracy theories.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 4:28pm
...and passports ?

German customs officers have seized packages containing Syrian passports and police suspect they are being sold illegally to asylum seekers.

A finance ministry official said both genuine and forged passports were in the packets intercepted in the post.

You are probably right DD. I'm quite convinced this has been instigated from higher levels. How on earth would such a mass exodus take place all at the same time ? Maybe the places are being cleared prior to battering IS.
The Hungarian Prime Minister has made a point that there could be 10's of millions (maybe exaggerated, but he may have more knowledge than we have)

Bristol Council have said they will take refugees, but with 13,000 on a housing waiting list the leader has put out a call for home owners to take in refugees! That's all very well, but for how long ? So full of genuine spirit, so long as someone else fills the gap.

Once they get their papers from Germany, will they be able to go anywhere in EU ?

Just now, I understood one interviewee to say exactly that, unless it's my mistake. How does Britain fair in that situation ?

Maybe Merkel is also keeping the full intentions of Germany close to her chest. Germany would of course get financial aid for having these refugees registered there. The more thought given, the more the conspiracy theory seem to becoming a reality.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 4:57pm
Germany needs the cheap labour force and I'm sure will be more than happy to let US pay to park them here until they are ready for them.

Yet another European Policy that is based around Germany's needs at the expense of the rest of Europe.

This is going to be yet another hit on our workforce and our money.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 5:26pm
The numbers are incredible to believe. If they have all come across the sea on little boats, it must have been like a bloody regatta out there!

I don't believe it. One wonders how many have flown into other EU countries on false passports. There really is something we are not being told.

This all seems like a very good reason to opt out of EU membership and it could be the defining decision for many.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 5:45pm
They'd struggle to get to Hungary by boat unless they used the Danube.
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 6:09pm
I hope you're right Granny about battering the IS. Bomb em......
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 6:58pm
Watched the tea time news one guy interviewed said he was from Pakistan, notice now they are all making victory signs now as they pass, they are learning very quickly if you stamp your feet here you get what you want, unless of course you are resident, just wondering how the benefit system will work with them, will they be forced to attend job interviews and have sanctions applied will the benefits agency treat them the same as everybody else, especially those that have been forced to work while suffering from terminal illnesses or other debilitating illnesses the total deaths so for attributed to these vicious decisions is around 10,000 or will"special" provision be made to exclude them and live expense free courtesy of the good people of the UK
Posted By: j_demo Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 7:08pm
Crisis, what crisis?

Look at it this way, if the government decided it wanted to decimate it's own people and the whole country broke out into some sort of civil war or something much akin to The Purge films then i'd be getting the fook out of here by any means necessary and head to somewhere far away, which is exactly what the asylum seekers are doing, they're fleeing from a place where it's almost certain they'll be killed and risking their lives to get somewhere it's safe, they have a "get there or die trying" attitude because as i say, they'll be killed otherwise anyway, and why we aren't opening up the tunnels and saying "come on in*" (*if only for a brief period of time until domestic troubles are resolved) is beyond me.

let's scale it down, if your work colleague or neighbour down the road was in a very abusive relationship and wanted somewhere to stay for a couple of nights for some respite and to allow the authorities time to intervene and sort the situation out, you wouldn't close your door on them and turn them away, would you?
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 7:57pm
Let them all in as we can't fly the england flag, we do nothing on st George's day anyway and theres no jobs to go round the people living here now, I can see people who pay bedroom tax being told they have to put them up in the room. We can't feed or find homes for the people here now so whats 1000 to 30,000 more.
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 8:15pm
I just don't like to think what UK going to be like in as little as Five years time or less. Definitely not the England etc that all those men and women gave their lives for in the world war 1and 2 and subsequent conflicts. Was it worth it lads when now so many want to hand it over to whoever. God bless the Heros ,we don't have them anymore...
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 8:22pm
Originally Posted by j_demo
Crisis, what crisis?

One of your posts, just recently was: "*attempted terrorist attack on french train.

Also, typical frenchies running away and hiding."

That was in connection to the foiled attack on the French train in the last couple of weeks.

So you are confusing things. If all the Brits had run away from UK in the last world war, what do you think might have happened ? No one to make the armoury, grow the food, care for the animals, keep the home fires burning.

Your example of someone in a bad relationship is hardly a good one.
If your girlfriend would happen to be raped by one of these thousands of single male asylum seekers, would you still think the same way ? Casper made a post earlier on this topic, drawing attention to the volume of males who will have nothing to engage in, and which could be a situation that can lead to many unsavoury issues.
Also where are these thousands of single men about to get their women from ???? Think about it ! It won't be their own.

Have you seen the news in the last couple of days j-demo ? Does it not concern you at all ?

As an addition, they don't use condoms either, so there could be a massive baby boom. Then they are here to stay, father of the child and all that, afterwards they will bring the wife of one their arranged marriages and maybe another couple of wives too ! It is all possible.
Posted By: venice Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 9:32pm

I feel desperately sorry for all people who are genuine refugees but you cant fit one half the world into the other . The only thing that will really help, is for more countries to pour money into making protected havens WHERE people are , in their places of origin .Britain has contributed most in this way already. Spend more money on loads of trained up immigration staff from all over the EU and get these holding camps sorted into genuine refugees and 'others' . That will stop the terrible disasters en route and squalor of camps on arrival.

Yes , the EU have been too stupidly lax on immigration ,and despite our laws, we too have failed to keep tabs on who comes in to the UK. Cameron although I dont like a lot of his policies, has stood firm--ish till yesterday when he caved in to public emotion In my heart Im thrilled that some more people will be safe and settled, but if I look unemotionally at the situation, my head is troubled as to the future .

I listened to news yesterday when grateful refugees arriving in Austria were saying it was wonderful. and they were now saving to bring across their parents and rest of the family . Where will it stop? If the UK remains a soft touch to people from abroad, there will be nothing to stop them coming here once in EU countries and finding the UK benefits are more desirable. Doesnt that ring alarm bells with even the most compassionate of people? As for an open door policy that some are advocating ....

Bristol are encouraging their inhabitants to take in lots of refugees . Do they seriously think that could work for very long before the 'new' residents start wanting to improve their lot and have their own homes? They already have a 13,0000 waiting list for housing .
Just how long will it be before the folk who are showing such kindness and understanding to refugees today, will suddenly wake up and notice their sons and daughters are at the bottom of a long housing list ,while foreign immigrant families flourish at the top, that their kids education is slowed as classes get bigger and funds are used up on one to one English help for foreign speaking children. How will they feel when council tax will be made higher to cope with the increased work of suddenly enlarged local populations .Will they accept each job their kid goes for will have many more applicants, and instead of having a better chance of having a Dr's appointment within a day, how will they feel if their own child or grandchild dies of something because they cant get a Drs appointment for a week, or their elderly parent dies because the NHS can no longer fund everyones operations once they are older. Only today we heard that the NHS is withdrawing life saving drugs from the 'allowed' list .

Quite apart from all those problems , Im worried that IS is so organized and clever, that in order to achieve their end, of enforcing their faith everywhere , they are going to employ Trojan Horse tactics . We already dont know who we have in , we will soon have high numbers of recruitable young males , ripe for conversion to IS cause if they are not that way inclined already.
I fear we are sleepwalking into disasterous conflicts in our own country in the not to distant future if we dont get a proper grip .

I also think a lot of the information about the state of the immigrants certainly at Calais , are just not very accurate.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=114_1438657699

The quality of this video is crappy, it keeps stopping and starting , but I watched it to the end and it to some extent backs up the impression many people have that many of these 'refugees' are really just pushing their luck . .
This vid is about one group of 10 good hearted French people ,who as well as cooking one meal for 800 jungle type camp migrants a day , also distribute food parcels other folk have shipped in. This made me think of that website you put up Granny where people were crowd funding to make food and goodies trips to Calais. If their experience is like these peoples, it will be one disorganized disaster after another.
The first trip distribution trip the vid folk make is mayhem with migrants taking more than their share and the distribution ending up totally random and hijacked, and the next trip being halal tinned ravioli with ringpull tops. These'starving' migrants were suitably grateful--- NOT -- they rejected them because the tins were 3 mths passed the BB date . Even thought the distributing lady ate loads to show them it was harmless , they would have none of it and accused them of giving them inferior foods.
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 9:37pm
I agree with you Venice,self preservation has to kick in ,but sadly I think it's all too late.
Posted By: venice Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 9:44pm
I think Mrs Merkel is making a good move - for Germany. Look good and lead the way in compassion --lots of Brownie points-- say youll take in endless refugees from everywhere - knowing that you can then take your pick of the crop to fill your employment holes , especially skilled Syrians, and then the rest who dont fit your bill and so do less well , will gradually drift away to easier lifestyles with better benefits . Who will end up with those people who need more support? Yup
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 9:48pm
Sorry Granny missed you out there, agree with you too . You and Venice spelling it out how it will end up, bravo..
Posted By: venice Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 9:57pm
Quote j demo "why we aren't opening up the tunnels and saying "come on in*" (*if only for a brief period of time until domestic troubles are resolved) is beyond me. "

Id be with you if one could guarantee it WAS just a brief period of time - but do you honestly believe thats likely . Conflicts can go on ad infinitum. Look at the American Civil war - if you'd hosted half the most vulnerable in the South , you'd have been waiting to send them back for 20 years !
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 5th Sep 2015 10:51pm
Looking at the ratio of males to females and children it shows that the Birkenhead Drill doesn't happen in their eyes.

For that quantity of men to flee from the country and leave the women and children behind is appalling, these are definitely not the types we should be helping and I'm surprised at the Germans accepting that.
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 6th Sep 2015 7:19am
I also think we are being manipulated by the press, I have read three different accounts about the deaths of the family of the little boy found dead on the beach at Bodrum, Sky states after an interview with the relatives in Canada, that originally money was sent so the father could get his teeth done, but they decided to use the money to get to Europe were the treatment would be free, the father says the boat overturned and he watched them swept away, then at another interview he says he held them in his arms and the little boy said don't die daddy, other reports say there was only them in an inflatable dinghy that they had bought, so who knows what the truth is, it is still heartbreaking that those kids lost their lives, but the sad truth is the blame lays squarely on the fathers shoulders, who it is said had a job in Turkey and a place to live, so the family was in no immediate danger, as an after thought how many men /women have drowned trying to save their loved ones here, because that's what most people would do with their last breath, I know it sounds terrible but I think the story stinks of manipulation by the press.
Posted By: palemoon Re: Immigration Crisis - 6th Sep 2015 7:36am
I also think we are being manipulated by the press, I have read three different accounts about the deaths of the family of the little boy found dead on the beach at Bodrum, Sky states after an interview with the relatives in Canada, that originally money was sent so the father could get his teeth done, but they decided to use the money to get to Europe were the treatment would be free, the father says the boat overturned and he watched them swept away, then at another interview he says he held them in his arms and the little boy said don't die daddy, other reports say there was only them in an inflatable dinghy that they had bought, so who knows what the truth is, it is still heartbreaking that those kids lost their lives, but the sad truth is the blame lays squarely on the fathers shoulders, who it is said had a job in Turkey and a place to live, so the family was in no immediate danger, as an after thought how many men /women have drowned trying to save their loved ones here, because that's what most people would do with their last breath, I know it sounds terrible but I think the story stinks of manipulation by the press.

The media is definitely focussing on the tragedies of the comparatively few women and children. Most of the footage we see is of women holding babies or kids crying, while the hoards of young, fit men seem to get conveniently ignored.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 6th Sep 2015 8:52am
Having looked last night at various data etc. related to Syrian asylum seekers, it shows that there are less % of teenagers i.e. 12-17 year old than another group, and in that figure, less females than males. With that thought in mind, it seemed obvious from the reports given in the last few days, that there is definitely a lack of teenage girls (not sure about males, as it's more difficult to tell them apart) which seems to be a very strange situation.

After looking at what has happened in Syria, images and reports of atrocities against women, from the Arab newspapers etc. I must admit, many of these people may well be traumatised beyond belief. Kurds have nowhere, no identity to move on. It's really heart breaking to think what most could have experienced, and here is nothing they can do in the country they live, other than wait for slaughter (it would seem)
However, there are many who are not Syrian and one wonders if Germany will grant them asylum too or reject them to keep the numbers lower.
Last year Germany took about 100,000 and more than half the applications were rejected. Do these people get sent home, or left to drift ? I don't know.
Why can't the US take any asylum seekers/refugees. They could count themselves as part of the problem.

It's all very scary and at the same time, I suppose we cannot cast these people aside. We have to take the chances and hope we manage it well enough.

This morning, it looks as if military action is on the agenda in the region, and therefore what is happening is to be expected.
BBC have just announced 15,000 refugees to come here, but I think that's a figure the media have just plucked from the air. Which is basically how they make their headlines and reactions....every time !
Much as Palemoon said
Casper, the family who died were Syrian kurd's and their plight is so different as explained in the link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34141716

For many years, Syria denied its Kurdish population citizenship and Kurds were regarded as stateless by the authorities. A decree in 2011 allowed some to apply for citizenship but others were ineligible and many were forced to flee before they could apply.

The Kurdis had been living in Damascus until the early stages of the Syrian conflict in late 2011. When the violence in the city escalated, they relocated back to Makharij village, 25km outside the northern town of Kobane.

When Kobane became a flashpoint in the conflict between Kurdish fighters and Islamic State militants in late 2014, the family fled along with tens of thousands of others for Turkey. But while crossing Turkey's open border gave them refuge, it did not give them status.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 6th Sep 2015 10:47am
Last year Germany took about 100,000 and more than half the applications were rejected. Do these people get sent home, or left to drift ? I don't know.

They will head for the uk,
Most of them will end up here,Am sure this will be a never ending issue now, hundreds more will try to get into other countries.

As for the migrants comming to the UK,who is going to find them houses or flats ??? I thought we were struggling to find homes for our own homeless poeple????.
Also jobs where are they going to find work???
Posted By: SUExx Re: Immigration Crisis - 6th Sep 2015 1:56pm
All these images on telly are causing hysteria, that's what the media does.
Someone said to me the other day that these children have probably been kidnapped for this reason to look like a family has drowned .

Never believe want to see on tv, according to strictly last night the celebs were meeting their partners for the first time.
Yet in the paper was each celeb partner pictured with their dance partner.
All this is to make the government look good for the next election
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Immigration Crisis - 6th Sep 2015 3:20pm
They will head for the uk,

Clever German gov, they'll get to pick and choose who they want,
doctors and other professional people, tradesmen and other valuable skilled people, then pass the not wanted people onto other countries
Posted By: workinclasshero Re: Immigration Crisis - 6th Sep 2015 9:14pm
they wont need a house or a flat as the great british goverment will put them up in a nice luxury hotel jobs they wont need one of them as they will get all kinds of benefits grants and hand outs off the great british goverment and guess what it wont be long before the tax rate goes up to pay for it all another kick in the teeth for the great british worker
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 6th Sep 2015 9:57pm
This. http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/04/news/refugees-island-billionaire/
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 6th Sep 2015 9:59pm
Originally Posted by workinclasshero
they wont need a house or a flat as the great british goverment will put them up in a nice luxury hotel jobs they wont need one of them as they will get all kinds of benefits grants and hand outs off the great british goverment and guess what it wont be long before the tax rate goes up to pay for it all another kick in the teeth for the great british worker
Source?
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 6th Sep 2015 10:03pm
Well that sounds like a really good idea to me about the island. Going along the lines of what I suggested. I think if these people are that desperate and just want to be safe then if they are genuine they would go.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 6th Sep 2015 10:07pm

A very nice suggestion, BUT ,he's Egyptian , a business man, a politician and why would Italy or Greece want to sell him an island ? If they have the island already, I'm sure there's enough money from EU member states to set up an island for refugees without the Egyptians getting their paddles into Europe's waters as well. Just a thought !

These people do not work on a charity basis, more like 'what's in it for me' .
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 6th Sep 2015 10:30pm
Second thoughts, probably something to do with the massive amount of natural oil that an Italian company have just found off the coast of Egypt in the Mediterranean .Announced on 30th August.
Egypt will be rolling in it and an island in the Medi. would no doubt be a handy little number to have for various reasons. An off shore tax haven maybe ?
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 6th Sep 2015 10:36pm
You may be right Granny but in theory what he is suggesting or better still the EU as you suggest do themselves could be a solution. It's only going to be the genuine ones who would go , I think others have different ideas . Who knows what we are going to get . Somebody mentioned on here Trojan Horse, we all know that story. It worries me so much what's going to happen, not for me but my grandkids etc.
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 7th Sep 2015 7:29am
I wonder what all the soldiers who have ended up on the streets homeless , a lot suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome think about all this? Not a lot of help has been given to them and they sacrificed so much defending this country against terrorism. I should think they will pretty angry and rightly so.....
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 7th Sep 2015 9:17am
Even some of the asylum seekers are saying there are many coming through that are not genuine, how will that be sorted with no papers? some 25 year olds claiming they don't know how old they are but think they may be 14years old? if say 25% or maybe more of those being processed are refused asylum, where will they go? holding camps, then they get together refuse to leave, riots etc etc.

"cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war"
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 7th Sep 2015 1:05pm
Casper,supposing they all wear the niqab, who is going to know ?

Which brings in another point. Understandably, the wearing of head coverings (in Islam Hijab) in those hot Arabian countries has been for thousands of years, also the covering of the face similar to the niqab must have been used as protection from sandstorms.
In Islam, they are both now used as a modest dress code to be respectful when interacting with the opposite sex and for many different reason also.
From that angle I wonder why, and particularly the British converts to Muslim, (who in my opinion seem to be silly little girls who are trying to get themselves noticed for being different) seem able to justify wearing eye make up ? Surely that is to attract or glamorise and therefore going against the whole doctrine.
I do not like the niqab and contrary to others, I feel it should not be allowed within medical, teaching, or any other profession in this country. If it's not allowed to be dropped in certain situations, then the jobs must go to others who do not hide behind such.

At the same time, we do have to remember the nuns in this country who are not too far removed from them with their own dress code.
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 7th Sep 2015 1:57pm
Speaking of the niqab, it reminds me of a joke a comedian told, about a Muslim stag night, when the stripper came on they were all shouting get your nose out for the lads oshocked I thought it was funny but I'd had a few drinks.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Immigration Crisis - 7th Sep 2015 6:23pm

Yes the great British worker again, those of us In the public sector who are waiting for the next round of budget cuts that will lead to more redundancies.
But hey Ho at least all the immigrants that are let in will be ok.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 7th Sep 2015 8:11pm
Never seen you, Suexx at a demo against the pay cuts of public sector workers?
Posted By: SUExx Re: Immigration Crisis - 7th Sep 2015 8:23pm
There wouldn't be any point,the cuts will happen anyway.
I have a life to be getting on with,and don't want to waste 3 years of it on protesting at demo's
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 7th Sep 2015 8:37pm
Originally Posted by SUExx
There wouldn't be any point,the cuts will happen anyway.
I have a life to be getting on with,and don't want to waste 3 years of it on protesting at demo's
Oh right.... laffin Well 'Shut Up and Put Up' then?! Bet you are very popular with your Unison colleages. smile
Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 7th Sep 2015 8:46pm
That sounds like paradise.
No wonder everyone is fleeing to the UK.
So thats why they are saying lets go to the UK for a better life,benefits,house,free medical care,tvs etc.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Immigration Crisis - 7th Sep 2015 8:51pm
Lol, that's not the wiki spirit is it.
I'm entitled to my say just as much as you.
Perhaps it's because you don't agree with me that you tell me to shut up.
Posted By: workinclasshero Re: Immigration Crisis - 7th Sep 2015 9:38pm
That sounds like paradise.
No wonder everyone is fleeing to the UK.
So thats why they are saying lets go to the UK for a better life,benefits,house,free medical care,tvs etc.
you forgot to add the big bundle of free cash
Posted By: workinclasshero Re: Immigration Crisis - 7th Sep 2015 9:49pm

Yes the great British worker again, those of us In the public sector who are waiting for the next round of budget cuts that will lead to more redundancies.
But hey Ho at least all the immigrants that are let in will be ok.
you dont get less than £100,000 redundancie at the town hall do ya lol
Posted By: Mark Re: Immigration Crisis - 7th Sep 2015 10:23pm
wikiopinion
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 8th Sep 2015 9:20am
News from Germany.

Germany can cope with 500,000 asylum seekers a year ,for several years ! (n.b. 'asylum seekers')

Good luck to them, but why is she calling for all countries to take their share too ? Maybe that is to take the migrants.

One wonders how long this is to go on for or is Asia about to combine with Europe into Eurasia ?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 8th Sep 2015 9:51am
but why is she calling for all countries to take their share too?

Because it strengthens Germany but weakens other countries, welcome to the United States of Germany (or if it back fires on them/us it will be the Islamic States of Germany).
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Immigration Crisis - 8th Sep 2015 10:35am
I'm not a racist, but ............. Let me speak frankly, I don't want my green and sceptered Isle overrun by thousands of Muslim chancers, I think the home grown Muslim population rising exponentially is a big enough threat in itself. These people feel no allegiance to this country and indeed feel great antipathy towards us, they also show zero efforts towards integrating, and reject our mores and values in favour of their barbaric sharia "Law". As Jeremy Kyle would say --- grow a pair Cameron. When the apologists for Islam see the strain our social services, education and the NHS will be put under I think they will change their tune. The UK has been a soft touch for too long, afraid to criticise Muslims for fear of being branded racist. Enough is enough.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Immigration Crisis - 8th Sep 2015 10:38am
Germany had 55,000 soldiers and 40,000 dependants at the hight of the cold war. Britain will have 10,000 back by 2016 and another 4,500 by 2019, four years ahead of the original plan.Add them to our housing requirements, the Germans have the infrastructure paid for by us to play with.I went to a place called Lah some time back which had 9,000 Canadians living there now returned home, The Americans got off at Baden Baden who knows how many. Germany is peppered with empty camps which are of a very high standard .
Posted By: workinclasshero Re: Immigration Crisis - 8th Sep 2015 9:17pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Because it strengthens Germany but weakens other countries, welcome to the United States of Germany (or if it back fires on them/us it will be the Islamic States of Germany).
dont think of the germans being soft there far from it if they take 500,000 in that means we will never get a sun lounger on holiday
Posted By: Slinky Re: Immigration Crisis - 8th Sep 2015 9:49pm
On a serious note... you do realise that these 'refugees' are going to have a large number of terrorists in their camps and it'll all backfire when they arrive here.

Posted By: venice Re: Immigration Crisis - 8th Sep 2015 10:06pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

I wonder if Germany will push for integration once they have taken in their huge numbers, or whether their pc brigade will argue for multi culturalism? I think if its the latter that wins out, DD's assessment of the possible outcome will be very real.
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 9th Sep 2015 9:48am
Just had a thought, in the very unlikely event that we were to allow Christians only as immigrants, would we see thousands of muslim converts, it would be a good question to ask at border control, are you prepared to change your religion to Christianity, I know I know I am only dreaming.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 9th Sep 2015 9:42pm
Why should they be asked to change to Christian, when this country is no longer a Christian nation, as the majority of people in this country are not Christian ? confused

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 9th Sep 2015 11:48pm
Why should they be asked to change to Christian, when this country is no longer a Christian nation, as the majority of people in this country are not Christian ? confused

Atheist? If I was to be 'affliliated' to any religious group I would describe myself as a Spiritualist'- not sure where that fits in/ does not fit in with Christianity though? Not bothered, really. I believe in what I believe and that's enough for me.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 6:02am
Yesterday Mr Juncker (the man, who couldn't run his own country , the smallest Sovereign state in Europe with a population of half a million) has decreed that all EU countries will take their quota of asylum seekers. Fine, he has also addressed the matter of asylum/refugees working as soon as they are registered....not so fine!

He must be living on a thin line of sanity/insanity if he thinks that any of them will be mentally capable of taking a job almost immediately, or even being able to communicate in the native tongue of these host countries. Let alone the availability of jobs in a Europe where everyone is bed hopping to get work.

Germany has stopped the trains between there and Denmark, they can't cope! Denmark has closed the motorway, they can't cope !
I laugh with sadness, as wonderful Mr Junker, Mrs Merkel and the rest of Europe left Greece and Italy and Hungary to deal with these problems for long enough, and cries of help fell on deaf ears.

So Greece opened the flood gates and released all these migrants ,what else could they do ? It could have been Greece's get back at Germany , and who would blame them ?

A 'United Europe' is how Mr Jean-Claude Juncker referred to the EU yesterday, but so far as I can see, he and Mrs Merkel have not really contributed to unification. Instead, virtually single handedly, they have created more rifts and are watching this disintegration.
I am quite sure many reading this would prefer to have a European President as head of state ,to dictate the paths we take, to override Prime Ministers and get rid of the Crown . Of course it could be any Nazi (Juncker was not, but his father in law was a Nazi).

The fall out from bad management could be horrendous for many, and to say we are all friends in Europe is plain and simply 21st century brain washing.

Let's take the quota of refugees and see how we go. Cameron has made a good decision that can always be built upon if necessary, but I think it is his intention to take people from the Yazidis tribe, and for that I for one am happy, as they have had a terrible ordeal.
Oh, they are also Christians, Casper.

Has anyone offered to take a refugee yet ?
Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 7:31am
Saw in the news that refugees have started to sail over in pure daylight.Piled into large dingies.
One boat was full of Afgan refugees
Posted By: organiser Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 11:11am
Under a heading asking whether or not this country should look after our own before considering spending whatever monies and facilities we have available on displaced persons from other parts of the word, Mersey Magazine offered the following:-
"In relation to how the UK should respond to the refugee crisis, David Cameron has given an official government response by saying this country is prepared to take in substantial numbers of people.

In a House of Commons statement, the prime minister said:

In doing so we will continue to show the world that this country is a country of extraordinary compassion, always standing up for our values and helping those in need. Britain will play it's part alongside our other European partners."

This morning Mersey Magazine has received a number of comments in relation to the needs of homeless and struggling people in this country, with many thousands having to depend on food banks to provide for their families

The question we have been asked is surely a valid one in relation to looking after own own first and then with whatever financial and accomodation resources are left doing whatever we can to help the refugees

Maybe someone in the House of Commons will pose that thought as research by our editorial staff over comments made on social networks seems to agree that it is a concern that money which can be found for this situation should be used first and foremost to care for our own people

It is worth noting that a person does not have to be roofless to qualify legally as being homeless. They may be in possession of accommodation which is not reasonably tenable for a person to occupy by virtue of its affordability, condition, location, if it is not available to all members of the household, or because an occupant is at risk of violence or threats of violence which are likely to be carried out.

A study by The Guardian newspaper in December 2013 revealed that close on 200,000 British people, including many who have served this country in armed conflicts, were in that category

The numbers have increased since then but at the moment the government is not giving out any official figures

As far as the need for food banks, the latest figures from the Trussell Trust show a 19% year-on-year increase in food bank use, demonstrating that hunger and poverty continue to affect large numbers of people in our country, including rising numbers of low-paid workers.

The trust’s 445 food banks distributed enough emergency food to feed almost 1.1 million people for three days in 2014-15 – up from 913,000 the previous year"
Is this a fair question?

Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 12:40pm
Yes, fair question but Merseyside nearly always look inwardly to their own problems, which in many circumstances is understandable. Militant generally like to flex their muscles,and it just gets boring.

However, Mr Cameron has also told us that £13 billion goes in overseas aid each year some of which helps some of those in refugee camps. That money comes out of a different budget, and with that in mind he has also stated that the money required for any refugees/asylum seekers coming to this country, will be financed out of the 'overseas aid budget'. So officially, this decision will not be costing the country any more.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 1:04pm
Originally Posted by organiser

As far as the need for food banks, the latest figures from the Trussell Trust show a 19% year-on-year increase in food bank use, demonstrating that hunger and poverty continue to affect large numbers of people in our country, including rising numbers of low-paid workers.

The trust’s 445 food banks distributed enough emergency food to feed almost 1.1 million people for three days in 2014-15 – up from 913,000 the previous year"
Is this a fair question?

So far as food banks are concerned, it tends to be the people who receive help from them (and others) would take this as their 'right'. Having said it before, it is not their 'right', it is provided by the public, many of them pensioners with compassion for those who are in need. Nothing is to be taken for granted, and those same people (or their mouth pieces) who have received the help from generous donations, are now begrudging the same compassion to be given to people from war torn countries. People who have lost everything, even family members being killed by ISIS.
This is one reason why I no longer give to food banks, money is better spent and more appreciated elsewhere.
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 1:19pm
Talking about food banks I heard that people from posher parts of the country are having their food parcels delivered, because too embarrassing be seen at the food places. Incredible if true. I'm not too much into food banks neither, think most people get enough money to buy the basic rations in this country...
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 2:16pm
Sorry granny but to all intents and purposes we are classed as a Christian country, my comment was made to try and provoke some response, what our members think, Cameron is making a big deal of how our nation is being charitable and how they wont see asylum seekers left in the wind and the great compassion they have for the less fortunate and how sorry they are for the deaths, this is from a government that presides over inequality, the sick and dying being forced to return to work 10,000 deaths as it stands, a rise in the numbers using food banks, child poverty at its highest since the war, people living on the streets, the old and sick dying because they cant afford the crippling fuel bills to heat their homes, take a look again Dave and tell us you have compassion, you cant look after your own countrymen how can you profess to look after refugees?
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 3:47pm
Sorry granny but to all intents and purposes we are classed as a Christian country, my comment was made to try and provoke some response, what our members think, Cameron is making a big deal of how our nation is being charitable and how they wont see asylum seekers left in the wind and the great compassion they have for the less fortunate and how sorry they are for the deaths, this is from a government that presides over inequality, the sick and dying being forced to return to work 10,000 deaths as it stands, a rise in the numbers using food banks, child poverty at its highest since the war, people living on the streets, the old and sick dying because they cant afford the crippling fuel bills to heat their homes, take a look again Dave and tell us you have compassion, you cant look after your own countrymen how can you profess to look after refugees?

Define the meaning of a Christian country, Casper. If not referring to the amount of Christian population, then it must be a country based on Christian values. From your post, with reference to Cameron, it would therefore seem we are not a Christian country.
How can it be recognised as a Christian country when to all intents and purposes, fewer believe in Christianity, the Church, Jesus and therefore the teachings of Jesus ? Every teaching in the Book has been obliterated so far as this country is concerned. e.g. Moral values, drunkenness, practising homosexuality, underage sex, abortions, thieving, lying, greed, self interest, judgement, hate, murder, gambling, violence, Islamophobia, Anti-semitic and much more.
Sorry Casper, but I don't believe it is any longer. It's strange that when it suits all those who have no beliefs, or even recognise the Queen in her capacity of her position and also as Supreme Governor of the Church in this country, they can change their position to suit the moment. wink

We are all guilty of wrong doings, but do we recognise it ?

No, we are not a Christian nation, we pretend we are, which is pretty abhorrent !

Redistribution of wealth is not JUSTICE, it is THEFT
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 4:52pm
Just one more thing,,, If I remember rightly, only last week Cameron was not about to take any refugees anyway ! It would appear that pressure from the population of this country and particularly Labour MP's who threw the 'little boy on the beach' card at him that apparently changed his mind. So what is your point Casper ? Should the MPS's and SNP's not have made it an issue, or should he have stuck by his original plan and kept the people with your own view point and of this country happy ? (although it's not clear which is which any longer).
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 4:57pm
I think most people reject the hypocrisy of the church /religion rather than the faith and traditions practiced by their particular cult.Most people of all religions in this country follow basic Christian values supported by our laws which have changed with the times.This is why robbers are able to wipe their own backside and we have a jury duty rather than a stoning duty.If religion is a blood stained prayer matt you can stick it!!I have never heard of anybody taking a lifejacket from their own to give to an unknown.
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 5:53pm
Com'on granny your splitting hairs, we just pretend to be, I agree with you that's why I said to all intents and purposes, it is a label on the tin, I am not religious, like many others I believe in something an inner energy a power that is recycled? on my service records and ID discs my religion was defined as C of E so I suppose there must be many like me that have that on their records but don't practice, the other point I was making perhaps in a long winded roundabout way is that we should be looking after our own first, not very Christian I know, as you say Cameron was forced into it, its a pity he cant be forced into looking after his own country first
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 6:34pm
No, not splitting hairs Casper, just trying to define where the people of this country actually stand.
Dusty has made the point that the church/religion is hypocritical and refers to it as a cult. A cult is socially deviant , and all those who follow the basic Christian values, must be cult followers.

Hypocrisy is paramount in both your posts, and yet the people can name the church/religion as hypocritical.
Answer me, what the basic values of Christianity are, and where did they originally come from and why we follow them, on a personal basis ?

Generally speaking most will fill in the census saying they are Christian, or whatever is asked, but they are not and that is why I question the moral of lies to suit a particular occasion which is not aligned with a so called Christian country and values.

More hypocrisy ! At the same time, not prepared to admit it.

So far as giving ones life jacket to someone you don't know, how would you know what selfless acts people do, even if you don't hear about them, Dusty ?

Well, I'm off out now. Have a nice evening.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 8:33pm
I know the Birkenhead drill and wonder how many non religious Hero,s stood and let the woman and children go first.Please read my post again (taking a lifejacket from their own) as in wife child, not giving their own as in selfless act.The vicar who conducted my marriage was locked up weeks later, PM for details if you question my honesty.The reason I use the word cult is to embrace as I said all religions and in my opinion religion is socially deviant some less than others.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 11:26pm
Not read any recent posts. Discussed at TUC meeting tonight: Rock Ferry High School- VACANT- - has 90 odd classrooms and kitchen facilities able to feed 1800 people.

Cole Street school- central Birkenhead- also another 'vacant' building.....also has faciloties for sanitary/ sanctuary and food provision.

Also, a farm (?) somewhere near Landican- again dorm/ kitchen/ sanitary conditions???

We DO have the space!!!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 11:30pm
Saw in the news that refugees have started to sail over in pure daylight.Piled into large dingies.
One boat was full of Afgan refugees
Eh? Meaning what, exactly? #flummoxed
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Sep 2015 11:48pm

Is this a fair question?

So far as food banks are concerned, it tends to be the people who receive help from them (and others) would take this as their 'right'. Having said it before, it is not their 'right', it is provided by the public, many of them pensioners with compassion for those who are in need.
WHO said they have a right to a Foodbank Voucher?? The vouchers are not distributed willy-nilly. Evidence is required from the applicant to the distributing centre.

I have accompanied several vulnerable people/ families to collect Foodbank food, as part of my role- yer, the 'parcel' contains staple foods- pasta, rice- enough to keep somebody alive but hardly 'pleasurable' food. The items are just like 'random'- bag of rice and a tin of peaches?? Not ingredients to make a meal with!!!

Another staple seems to be Spam in a tub. Or as one of my Muslim clients said 'pig in a tin'- devout Muslims will never eat Spam!
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 7:00am
I see Christian values as a basic set of rules granny, all religions have similar rules, lets take thou shall not kill, as you say isn't that a bit hypocritical, all religions have been killing in their name over the centuries and have committed some heinous crimes, basically to force others to believe that their religion is the only true one, This government is hypocritical bleating about compassion and looking after those less fortunate on the world stage, but doesn't practice that at home, in fact has gone out of its way to attack the very fabric of our society, they only see money as their god, so in fact we are all hypocrites to a degree, we only believe what part of anything that suits us, it is human nature (the pack mentality)to look after your own first and foremost, and unfortunately amongst those refugees roaming Europe their will be those that believe their religion is the only true one and would wish to do us harm, so perhaps you can understand the reluctance of some of us to be Christian.
Posted By: organiser Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 7:29am
While understanding the horror of seeing the body of the young boy washed up on the beach and the sympathy shown by many for the plight of the refugees I have a few questions to ask

1....Why is the same compassion and the call for urgent need for action to help these people not shown in the case of the homeless and destitute people in our own country?
2....What guarantee do we have that we are not opening our borders to ISIS terrorists coming in under the guise of refugees.?
3....What checks will be made in relation to criminal records?
Just three questions to start with but there are many more which should be asked before we extend the compassion to refugees which we don't show in many instances to our own people
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 8:31am
People will turn to cannibalism if they are starving Rude, so I don't think it would take much to scoff a tin of spam if the need arose, they would just have to forgo the 17 virgins for not being a martyr.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 8:40am
Not read any recent posts. Discussed at TUC meeting tonight: Rock Ferry High School- VACANT- - has 90 odd classrooms and kitchen facilities able to feed 1800 people.

Cole Street school- central Birkenhead- also another 'vacant' building.....also has faciloties for sanitary/ sanctuary and food provision.

Also, a farm (?) somewhere near Landican- again dorm/ kitchen/ sanitary conditions???

We DO have the space!!!!

No we don't have the space.
It's bad enough now trying to get a doctor's appointment.
There aren't enough beds in hospitals now for people already here.
There would be more strain on everything,schools would be more over crowded then they are now already .
More being given out in benefits for these people.
The country is already stretched to the limit.
Youngsters don't get help into the work place as there aren't any apprenticeships any more.
Too many work places are giving jobs to minorities so as to not look prejudiced.
This country needs to look after its own first,those that where on here and pay taxes.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 9:03am
[quote=granny][quote=organiser].

I have accompanied several vulnerable people/ families to collect Foodbank food, as part of my role- yer, the 'parcel' contains staple foods- pasta, rice- enough to keep somebody alive but hardly 'pleasurable' food. The items are just like 'random'- bag of rice and a tin of peaches?? Not ingredients to make a meal with!!!

Another staple seems to be Spam in a tub. Or as one of my Muslim clients said 'pig in a tin'- devout Muslims will never eat Spam!

Exactly what I was saying !!!! People complaining and expecting more than donations offer. Therefore, criticizing the good nature of the donors.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 9:10am
so perhaps you can understand the reluctance of some of us to be Christian.

Well Casper, nobody expects any one to be aligned to any particular faith group but we do expect they could acknowledge the reason why they are proud to call this a Christian country'

Anyway, that aside, I see this country as multi-cultural and secular ,definitely no longer Christian and that should please many, but with that in mind we also have to be aware that in being a secular country, the law has to encompass all religious groups.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 9:58am
[quote=RUDEBOX]

There would be more strain on everything,schools would be more over crowded then they are now already .
Youngsters don't get help into the work place as there aren't any apprenticeships any more.
Too many work places are giving jobs to minorities so as to not look prejudiced.
This country needs to look after its own first,those that where on here and pay taxes.

I think SueXX, there is space in places. Other parts of the country are in a very different situation to sleepy Wirral, I don't think we really understand how bad it is elsewhere and I say 'bad' because it is just that, with illegal immigrants. However, we also have to know that during WW11 we took 250,000 Belgiums alone from that small country , apart from many others and if we can try to understand that we are again helping a people from a war zone, then we can probably do more to help.

It is the illegals who are the problem, and can tend to spoil it for everyone but Afghanistan is also a war torn country as Iraq, and as Turkey is now becoming involved the camps housing the Syrian refugees are under threat too ,The same in Lebanon, so we have all these nationalities in one bundle coming to the west and to decipher who is good or bad, well that's the chance we have to take, on behalf of Mr Blair and Mr Bush.

America are to take 10,000 (big of them) but it could take up to two years to process each of them for security reason ! I doubt that Europe will be so rigorous and therefore we could have ISIS members amongst the 100,000's of thousands, it's already been stated that is what will happen.

We are fortunate in the fact that, the refugees coming here will be from the camps and will be children and other less fortunate groups. We have to help when there is a humanitarian crisis, and our own services could be stretched more, but 20,000 over 5 yrs is not really going to impact so noticeably, although I do believe the numbers will be increased. Surely we can't stand by and do nothing. This is a war and isn't that what safe countries do at such times......give refuge ?

If they were your children, would you not be begging the world to help ?
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 10:08am
We DO have the space!!!!

We certainly do. You could demolish that old shell of a factory at Cavendish street - Google Streetview link here: http://tinyurl.com/q6hbo9k - and put a full refugee camp in its place.

The problem is we don't have the infrastructure to support them. Cuts in services have really cut to the bone. Now if the UN could provide doctors, food, water, clothing and all the other necessities, that wouldn't be a problem.
Posted By: organiser Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 10:21am
"to decipher who is good or bad, well that's the chance we have to take,"

Sorry Granny that is not the chance I am prepared to support in the current situation with worldwide threats from organisations like ISIS

What a brilliant opportunity for ISIS to flood this country with little or no security checks on who is allowed to cross our borders as we "welcome" thousands of people from areas where ISIS has a stronghold
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 10:24am
Oh my goodness ! Has anyone seen this video on the news this morning?

Migrant crisis: People treated 'like animals' in Hungary camp

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34216883
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 10:27am
I should have said Christian values, the good Samaritan, you are spot on with the tin of spam, to turn their noses up at the good will and generosity of those that contributed shows how grateful some are, maybe I appreciate the generosity but my religion doesn't allow me to eat pork would have sounded better than pig in a tin.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 10:33am
"to decipher who is good or bad, well that's the chance we have to take,"

Sorry Granny that is not the chance I am prepared to support in the current situation with worldwide threats from organisations like ISIS

What a brilliant opportunity for ISIS to flood this country with little or no security checks on who is allowed to cross our borders as we "welcome" thousands of people from areas where ISIS has a stronghold

Yes Organiser, it is a brilliant opportunity for them, but how else can we give refuge ? You obviously think we should not house any refugees, but don't forget, once the 800,000 plus register in any other EU countries they can go wherever they want. So, it IS A CHANCE WE HAVE TO TAKE. You can't put all the blame on one Government and try to make a meal for your own benefit, out of a tragic situation for millions.
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 10:56am
I don't think that because they register it entitles them to be EU citizens, I may be wrong ( I'am sure someone will tell me)but as refugees their stay is temporary until they can safely return to their own country, that's the way I understand it at the moment, that of course doesn't apply if they accepted as immigrants as the usual rules apply, so in that context the Germans are very crafty, short term labour force can be returned to sender, again reading through various sources some countries will not allow refugees to work.
Posted By: organiser Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 10:57am
Granny......If they are coming into this country from another part of Europe they would have to have passports and be subject to whatever checks are still being made at our borders

I notice you have not responded to my earlier post asking what control we would have if any on the sort of person we bring in as a "refugee"

I am interested to know the basis for your comment " You obviously think we should not house any refugees"

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 11:06am
Oh my goodness ! Has anyone seen this video on the news this morning?

Migrant crisis: People treated 'like animals' in Hungary camp

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34216883

Media sensationalising a non event.

There are less than 200 people in that building, not 500/600 like it claimed.

Food was being handed out, ok it was being thrown so people not at the front got a good chance, I've seen exactly the same in summer camps in the UK!

There are people at the back of the building sitting down, not even attempting to get food so they can hardly be that desperate.

What I am curious about is the ratio of men to women yet again, there are only a handful of women that I can see.

I wouldn't be surprised if the media set the whole thing up.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 12:02pm
Granny......If they are coming into this country from another part of Europe they would have to have passports and be subject to whatever checks are still being made at our borders

I notice you have not responded to my earlier post asking what control we would have if any on the sort of person we bring in as a "refugee"

I am interested to know the basis for your comment " You obviously think we should not house any refugees"

Firstly, the whole ethos of the article from Mersey Magazine was with negative intention . e.g why aren't we looking after our own first etc. and all the reasons to be opposed to more people coming to this country.

Secondly, I don't have a clue how control would be put in place for 'the sort of' refugees we receive. Ask your MP.

Thirdly, your comment " Sorry Granny that is not the chance I am prepared to support in the current situation with worldwide threats from organisations like ISIS

What a brilliant opportunity for ISIS to flood this country with little or no security checks on who is allowed to cross our borders as we "welcome" thousands of people from areas where ISIS has a stronghold"
....would indicate that you are not a welcoming party.

You know, I am not in favour of Europe being flooded this way either, and it is very worrying, but it is what is happening and so we have to accept that fact and deal with the situation as it comes to us.

It is also fact that London, the south east, the Midlands, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Yorkshire, and Lancashire are pretty well Muslim communities and amongst them will be people who are part of this policy that Abdul Muhid talks about. The man without a passport.

How about people jumping up and down about that? The world has changed and we are no less vulnerable than anyone else.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34134682

DD, I am surprised at your comment. You know full well that there are 4000 a day arriving in Hungary. How they deal with distributing food, is not to throw it and make people grovel for every crumb.

The young men are fleeing from being conscripted into the fighting forces apparently but I don't know which ones. My concern is still where the teenage girls are and with that in mind, they could have been taken as sex slaves or they maybe in camps being safe havens, or awaiting to join parents. Who knows ? we are simply not getting any information on any of these situations.
Posted By: organiser Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 12:26pm
In the article I quoted from Mersey Magazine, the editor appears to be responding to readers comments, all I have done is posed the question as to whether or not it is reasonable argument

As far as my own views are concerned I have expressed concern in the first instance that we are failing to address homelessness and the like in our own social system but seem prepared to ignore our own problems in the haste in which we open the door, without any very obvious security checks, to "refugees", the majority of whom appear to be perfectly fit young men from an area which has strong influences from ISIS

I am not prepared to support that gamble and as for asking my MP for an answer, I think it is far more important to ask my MP to offer his time and services to the support of the people who elected him to parliament

Yes Granny it is sad to see human beings in the situation which is being massively overexposed by the media, but it is wanton foolishness to say just take a chance on who we are bringing into this country without being absolutely certain that decision will not put our citizens at risk
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 12:32pm
No Rude,1800 in Rock Ferry High in a highly populated residential area not acceptable. Would appose vehemently .
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 12:45pm
Organiser , as I mentioned in an earlier post, this country is not part of the Schengen agreement and therefore we did not have to accept any refugees.

Mr Cameron was going to stand by that until he was brow beaten by the public and other MP's and particularly Labour, into agreeing. The public response would seem to have been consensual and therefore just as much to blame, but obviously those who were not in favour, did not shout loud enough last week.

The whole thing is dreadful, from the boats to the camps to registry, to organisation. Why nobody has offered any help to Hungary in a way of setting up proper facilities to manage a structured process, is something that UN, EU and many others carry the blame for. They are all abysmal, and another reason to lose faith in the powers that be. Vote of NO Confidence in my opinion. They have all been caught on the hop because they closed their eyes and buried their heads in the sand.
Our leaders ?????? raftl

Just been said on the 1pm news that most of the refugees we will have shall have passport and they will be able to start work almost immediately. Maybe some of Wirral can breath again, because there aren't any jobs !

Posted By: SUExx Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 12:52pm
Originally Posted by cools
No Rude,1800 in Rock Ferry High in a highly populated residential area not acceptable. Would appose vehemently .

Me too,any empty places round your way rude.

Posted By: organiser Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 1:05pm
Granny......please don't think I doubt your honesty in your own posts, but you have failed to address my response to your comment by seeking to place blame on various people and organisations while ignoring the concerns I am expressing for the security of this country

Do you honestly believe that of the thousands of "refugees" we allow in to this country to take employment which does not appear to be available to our own people, there will not be any who will seek to or be capable of causing major problems for us as a nation

Just one person would be one too many

Where are the checks on criminality etc which I have asked about and please don't tell me again to ask my MP

Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 1:41pm
Granny......please don't think I doubt your honesty in your own posts, but you have failed to address my response to your comment by seeking to place blame on various people and organisations while ignoring the concerns I am expressing for the security of this country

Do you honestly believe that of the thousands of "refugees" we allow in to this country to take employment which does not appear to be available to our own people, there will not be any who will seek to or be capable of causing major problems for us as a nation

Just one person would be one too many

Where are the checks on criminality etc which I have asked about and please don't tell me again to ask my MP

I placed blame on the organisations and World Orders in reference to the situation in Hungary.

What the hell else do you want me to say with regard to checks on criminality? If I don't know, then I don't know. Which is what I already said...isn't it ? Why don't you know ?
Don't annoy me.
Posted By: organiser Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 1:54pm
That is not a very civil response Granny

Why are you so keen to allow all these strangers to come here without knowing if they are the sort of people who could cause major problems to our society

I can only presume from your answer that you would be quite prepared to allow a stranger to share your own personal home and have access to you and your family without making any check whatsoever about his background

Good for you Granny....I certainly wouldn't 'cos I am not that stupid!

Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 2:09pm
That is not a very civil response Granny

Why are you so keen to allow all these strangers to come here without knowing if they are the sort of people who could cause major problems to our society

I can only presume from your answer that you would be quite prepared to allow a stranger to share your own personal home and have access to you and your family without making any check whatsoever about his background

Good for you Granny....I certainly wouldn't 'cos I am not that stupid!

Now you are annoying me.

Who said I was 'keen' to allow these strangers in our country? I am simply putting forward the case as to why we are taking 20,000 refugees and how we now have to accept that fact and if people are being slaughtered in a war, then surely a 'Christian country' , (as most would like us to be considered that way), should offer hope to at least the women and children.

The real reason is you are scared out of your pants for the repercussions.....the difference is, I am not, for reasons I will not disclose.

The children in Syria are also scared and your opinion is pitiful. Maybe your sympathies would have been the same towards the Jews in WW11 ? All very well in hindsight to say how bad they were treated. If we are not there to give help in the first instance, then we can surely have no cause to have empathy or sympathy after the event. Empty words.

So far as sharing my home with them, no I can't do that, but my sister has put her name forward and so have many others. .

Continue writing for Mersey Magazine and pulling all your points from personal views given on such sites as WikiWirral, but you might be better to go onto a national site and see what the reaction is there. Try Facebook.
Posted By: organiser Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 2:54pm
Granny....as this appears to be getting a bit personal I intend to withdraw from any further communication with you on this subject.

Your comment "Continue writing for Mersey Magazine" is nonsensical....all I have done on occasions is to quote from that publication, just as you on numerous occasions quote from the bible....No-one surely would suggest you wrote any part of it.

End of conversation thank you.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 3:22pm
Yes, you are right Organiser because you continue to push my personal views against your personal views. Therefore it becomes personal.
No harm meant, it just comes to a level of stale mate.

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 3:56pm
We should be closing our doors to non-essential migrants.

Genuine refugees are a completely different matter but to assess if they are genuine refugees I would be expecting most of them to be travelling in family groups. Young men I would send back and tell them to get the rest of your families if the situation at home is that dire.

They may be dodging conscription but there is no way they should be dodging their moral responsibilities to their families. How dare they expect the rest of the World to pamper to their cowardice.

@granny, I guess the alternative way to hand out food would be to withhold it until everybody forms a nice orderly queue???
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 8:02pm

We DO have the space!!!!

That's a Tory Gov't for ya!!! * Most of your points Suexx. Others are just down to ignorance.Bless you and your ilk.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 8:07pm
Why, Cools? Why are displaced human beings such a bad idea? '1800' refers to the potential cooking capacity numbers of an empty building.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 8:47pm

We DO have the space!!!!

That's a Tory Gov't for ya!!! * Most of your points Suexx. Others are just down to ignorance.Bless you and your ilk.

Look I'm not ignorant as you suggest, I just have a more realistic view of the situation.
At work my colleagues of all ages and I have Discussed this issue and we all say the same, no to all these people coming in.

So don't be little me please, I won't take it.
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 9:05pm
Rude I've got to admire your passion over issue like this but I don't share it. Just because people don't agree with all this doesn't make us bad people. I fear for our country and when the s--- hits the pan whenever, hope that you all don't regret it because there's no turning the clock back. I too am a realist and can't envisage anything but trouble ahead...
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 9:08pm
If you all say the same then you all must be right then?! wink Doubt Clara Paillard is involved in your gossip.

Not 'be littling' you Suexx
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 9:48pm
Rude I've got to admire your passion over issue like this but I don't share it.
Fair enough. As Mark would say 'if we all had the same opinion, forums would become ever so boring'. And Thanks Cools x

Well aware that my Lefty Views are 'unpopular'. Not bothered tbh. Not here to win a popularity contest....x
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 11th Sep 2015 9:56pm
Exactly Rude, cheers x
Posted By: SUExx Re: Immigration Crisis - 15th Sep 2015 8:39am
Interesting article in the express stating they all coming here and not staying in Denmark as the benefits are better here mmmm.
According to peoples comments alot have the same mind set as me.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 15th Sep 2015 8:55am
Same paper today ;

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/60...russels-Theresa-May-David-Cameron-asylum
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 15th Sep 2015 9:13am
I agree with Cameron on this regarding the camps in Syria. What he says makes sense to me. All the EU countries put more money into these and make them habitable and safe. Let's stop all these tragedies happening in the sea and elsewhere. Then hopefully pray when things settle down (if ever) in Syria they be helped to resettle.
Posted By: palemoon Re: Immigration Crisis - 15th Sep 2015 10:54am
State of emergency declared in Hungary. Police and army given new powers to deal with the situation. I am not too happy about Europe being infiltrated with migrants but what's happening here is just an excuse for brutality.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 15th Sep 2015 11:34am
If I heard rightly just a couple of minutes ago, the now border between Hungary and Serbia is said to be contravening UN and EU rules. Does anyone really know how to deal with this ? Why hasn't that issue been raised before, or is someone constantly looking through the rules book, to find another reason to allow this chaos to continue ? Unbelievable !

Nothing will put these people off, they will simply find another route.

Quote "Hungary could be ignoring its obligations under United Nations and European Union rules on refugees and asylum by stopping people crossing its southern border, the country has been warned."
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Immigration Crisis - 15th Sep 2015 12:42pm
The UN is doing nothing, just handballing it off to national governments. It was the same when I was in Jugoslavia, all they were good for was watching us go about our business and scoffing at the rate of pay we were on compared to theirs. Waste of rations the lot of them.
oldman
Posted By: Suzie Re: Immigration Crisis - 15th Sep 2015 2:07pm
Going to stick my head above the parapet here and ask, if it is so easy to look after strangers why are there Vets on the streets, why are our most vulnerable homeless,why are our elderly bed blocking,why is crime on the increase? We can't put our own house in order. Majority of these refugees are male who knows where their affiliations lie. Besides since when if your fleeing in fear of your life do you demand where you go? Safe is safe end of! Look after the women and children in the refugee camps and send the men to fight to make their own country safe for their families! Controversial yes...why? Because I've given two of my boys to the Army and both were shat on from a great height!
Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 15th Sep 2015 3:12pm
Originally Posted by Susan
Going to stick my head above the parapet here and ask, if it is so easy to look after strangers why are there Vets on the streets, why are our most vulnerable homeless,why are our elderly bed blocking,why is crime on the increase? We can't put our own house in order. Majority of these refugees are male who knows where their affiliations lie. Besides since when if your fleeing in fear of your life do you demand where you go? Safe is safe end of! Look after the women and children in the refugee camps and send the men to fight to make their own country safe for their families! Controversial yes...why? Because I've given two of my boys to the Army and both were shat on from a great height!
Thats what i have been saying since the start of this migration crisis.If you see the news most the majority of them are fit young men.More than a armys worth and they are running away from there own country and now its our army thats fighting there battle.Its our soldiers who end up homeless on the streets who suffer from these middle east conflicts that they become mentally ill.
To be truthfull if this was vice versa,Could anyone see Syria helping our country in a crisis,I dont think so somehow.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 15th Sep 2015 3:41pm
http://www.newsthing.co.uk/racists-suddenly-deeply-concerned-about-plight-of-homeless/
Posted By: Suzie Re: Immigration Crisis - 15th Sep 2015 4:26pm

Thankfully I'm neither racist nor islamaphobic but I am painfully aware that we do have a serious homelessness problem and a large number of these are ex forces. I am more than happy to help, but a heamoraghe needs more than a sticking plaster! This situation does not need drones,bombs or Brit/allies Boots on the ground it needs containing. There are men from Syria,who need to make a stand for their own country but amongst those "refugees" are people who are from sub Saharan Africa who have seen an opportunity and jumped on the band wagon. If we are seen to be weak the numbers now seen will be shadowed by those who will follow!
A very distressing situation but if it is genuine fear that drives these folk then safety not destination must be priority surely?
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 15th Sep 2015 9:34pm
Originally Posted by Susan[/quote

Thankfully I'm neither racist nor islamaphobic but I am painfully aware that we do have a serious homelessness problem and a large number of these are ex forces. I am more than happy to help, but a heamoraghe needs more than a sticking plaster! This situation does not need drones,bombs or Brit/allies Boots on the ground it needs containing. There are men from Syria,who need to make a stand for their own country but amongst those "refugees" are people who are from sub Saharan Africa who have seen an opportunity and jumped on the band wagon. If we are seen to be weak the numbers now seen will be shadowed by those who will follow!
A very distressing situation but if it is genuine fear that drives these folk then safety not destination must be priority surely?

Welcome Susan, hope you enjoy Wikiwirral.

With reference to the above I think the reason they are not fighting is because they don't know who is fighting who. Civil war with regime army against rebels, and the involvement of ISIS, is not a situation that many would want to become part of. Who would wish to kill their neighbours or family and friends. Watch their children slaughtered by ISIS ? A terrible dilemma and the world doesn't know what to do. Has that ever been an issue before ? I doubt it.
It took us long enough to get Ireland stable, so this war is not going to go away so quickly as we know it's a far bigger war, and spreading.
The world is caving in at an alarming rate and we are all about to become a part of that, whether it be offering asylum, supporting the Save the Children, another recession, or even food shortages. In this country, we are at least in a position to give help and overall we are a nation of good will. So maybe that will be our most redeeming quality.
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 12:26pm
The more I read and see about the mass exodus the more I believe we are being taken for suckers, I have no doubt that a large number are bona fide refugees, however I think that they are greatly outnumbered by the economic migrants and this is the reason we see large numbers of young men, they appear well fed and clothed and travelling light without the encumbrance of families, a couple of recent statements taken from or by the media:
Ahmed Alizodar a student from Kabul "we have our dreams and we cant fulfill our dreams in Afghanistan" journalist, Croatia has been shunned by the migrants due to its homogenous population and poor economy, Ahmed another 17yr old student travelling with a group of students from Kabul we will wait it out as long as it takes, not one has mentioned fleeing for their lives, in fact they seem quite at ease, I have the feeling that the majority of so called refugees are economic, and if there are checks done and this found to be so the Germans say they will be returned, can anybody forsee a problem arising?
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 2:13pm
It's kicking off at the Hungarian/Serbia border. Weapons (bottles,bricks etc) being thrown at police and army. Barriers broken through. Army, helicopters, ambulances.

There are a many who do not appear to be Syrian.
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 3:36pm
Looks like the poor downtrodden refugee mask has slipped, replaced by let me in or else, pity they weren't so forceful against isil, you can bet its not the families but the gangs of young men, as you say things are taking a turn for the worse, I can see fatalities before long, as I said earlier when the none refugees are refused as Germany has said they will be and I envisage large numbers, there will be chaos they will refuse to leave, so what happens then were will they go to deportation camps? off to Calais? in the haste to show themselves as the saviour of refugees they haven't taken into account the logistics of the whole thing.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 4:13pm
Using children as human shields.

Mr Cameron has done the right thing with a controlled asylum policy. Let's hope it works out for us.

Map of Europe, which I think is quite a good one. They are now aiming for Croatia .

Attached picture countries_europe_map.jpg
Posted By: palemoon Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 4:14pm
Just heard an interview on BBC News with an Hungarian official. He told the reporter that these people are using children as human shields and actually throwing kids on the police. Strange how the cameras missed these incidents as they were filming the crying women holding babies.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 4:19pm
I had noticed last night that kids were at the front of the queue at some gates which shows how orchestrated/manipulative this is, would you put your kids in that position if there was a "desperate" crowd behind them?

There are genuine refugees but seeing some of the organisation going on in various places I'm wondering if ISIS is the ringmaster in some of this?
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 5:17pm
Live reporting earlier

NickdMiller

Man next to me is improvising a knife out of razor wire. If this gate comes down it could get v dangerous here.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 5:29pm
They are going to have to make a double fenced no man's land, the rules are clear and is the most effective way of segregation and control.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 6:23pm
Pandora's box has been opened and no matter what is said on here everybody can only wait and see what happens. Personally I don't reckon it's going to be good, looking into the future but without a crystal ball. Time will tell.

oldman
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 6:29pm
Yeah Bandycoot, think you are right. Very frightening...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 6:42pm
Yeah Bandycoot, think you are right. Very frightening...

Fazakerly ! A perfect vehicle for the ISIS animals/sucm* to get closer to our shores.

* Prevented from spelling it correctly.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 8:05pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Pandora's box has been opened and no matter what is said on here everybody can only wait and see what happens. Personally I don't reckon it's going to be good, looking into the future but without a crystal ball. Time will tell.

oldman
Well it is not looking good at all Bandy infact it is already out of hand.we all saw this crisis comming.
Posted By: palemoon Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 8:16pm

oldman
Well it is not looking good at all Bandy infact it is already out of hand.we all saw this crisis comming.

All except the powers that be.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 8:20pm
Originally Posted by palemoon

oldman

All except the powers that be.
thumbsup exactly Palemoon
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 8:31pm
The U.K and the U.S.A 'powers that be' crea
ted this problem.

Call me Dave- at an Arms Sale Conference, this evening, apparently
Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 8:41pm
Here is an example of what is going on,
Its a bit long this video but its showing what really is going on.
At one bit of the video they mention that they are going to take over half of America .Main target is .....The Whitehouse and hang there flag up.After that its Europe.Scary i think.

[youtube]v=AUjHb4C7b94[/youtube] WARNING SOME SCENES YOU MIGHT FIND DISTURBING
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 9:32pm
Propaganda. I say.

Not watched your link.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 10:01pm
Propaganda. I say.

Not watched your link.

So: shut your eyes to anything which may conflict with your opinion?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 16th Sep 2015 11:01pm
Nope, Gnome.

On my phone and cannot access videos. Will watch when I return home- that will be at some point tomorrow afternoon laugh

Can just guesss these things....
Posted By: SUExx Re: Immigration Crisis - 17th Sep 2015 6:00am
Originally Posted by chriskay
Propaganda. I say.

Not watched your link.

So: shut your eyes to anything which may conflict with your opinion?

Lol

Anyway those that don't worry about all this probably agree with murders protesting about prison conditions and causing the tax payer (the workers ) to pay for the damage they have done during the protest.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Immigration Crisis - 17th Sep 2015 8:24am
Welcome to "LIFE" this is it and it will never be much different.
Posted By: palemoon Re: Immigration Crisis - 17th Sep 2015 8:27am
Speaking of propaganda. Yesterday I was discussing this subject with Dutch pal of mine, who has relatives living in Germany. He has been told not believe all that welcoming footage shown in the media. Lots of it was staged. Apparently there is a massive air of discontent amongst the general public and trouble is brewing.
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 17th Sep 2015 8:52am
The more footage I see the more doubtful I become, most of the stills focus on woman and children, yet when you watch the moving footage it is entirely dominated by groups of young men, perhaps the border policy should be to allow families in first, lets sort the wheat from the chafe, not a great fan of Cameron but I believe his policy of taking from the camps allows refugees to be screened as genuine, this mass exodus has been seen as free entrance to Europe and many being interviewed are saying they come from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Turkey, and we are going to be the losers swamped by those looking for a better life at the expense of others.
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: Immigration Crisis - 17th Sep 2015 9:31am
Lots of these young men are seen using Smartphones, probably to keep their Isis gangs up to date. How do they manage to keep these charged up, and how do they all seem to have enough money to pay the traffickers the large sums of money.
Probably being paid to come to Europe to increase the Muslim population and get ISIS into Europe. All the men seem very fit and healthy, not to be expected really after the long trek through various countries and sea crossings.
How on earth are they all supposed to find jobs and somewhere to live?
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Immigration Crisis - 17th Sep 2015 10:50am
Hi Muzzy, with a name like yours I thought you'd be more sympathetic. Ha Ha!
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 17th Sep 2015 4:23pm
The scenes they are showing are terrible, it's the poor kids I feel sorry for . They're being used as tools to try and gain entry. Being pulled from pillar to post and they have no say in it. You can't blame the countries for doing this self preservation and and panic setting in.. There has got to be somewhere to put these people in and help given to set up a camp and at least they are safe and can have a rest. If you are genuine and need just a place for sanctuary you will go. Surely as a good parent you don't want all this mayhem for your kids...
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 17th Sep 2015 4:34pm
The chaos started ages ago. This fraction of an article on 26th August is from an Italian newspaper.
Greece and Italy had obviously had enough and unleashed all the migrants to descend on the rest of Europe. These must have been holed up somewhere for a long time. The numbers on such a massive scale could surely not equate to the amount of boats coming across from Asia and Africa in such a short period..
Many of them seem to have travelled to the borders by taxi, boats, buses, trains. No shortage of cash !

I don't believe the Syrians are the cause of these outbreaks of violence, more like Iraqis ,Iranians, Afghans and Pakistanis. There's a real mixed bag.

http://www.thelocal.it/20150826/italy-hits-back-at-merkel-in-migrants-row
26th August
German Chancellor Angela Merkel, at talks with French President Francois Hollande, on Monday publicly rebuked Italy and Greece over the pace of progress in establishing registration centres for newly-arrived migrants, warning it would be intolerable if the centres, approved at an EU summit in June, were not operational by the end of the year.

Merkel and Hollande's remarks have embarrassed a government which has struggled to cope with the arrival of some 280,000 migrants on its territory since the start of last year, most of them rescued from the Mediterranean by Italy's coastguard or navy.

"Asking Greece and Italy to do their duty on immigration is like asking a country hit by floods to step up the production of umbrellas," Gentiloni said.

Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 17th Sep 2015 4:49pm
It should gave been halted long ago and contained somehow . Think the camps in Syria are a really good thing and if you are just wanting to feel safe then that's where you should go, at least the help can be given. Yes Granny it is a mixed bag , that's the trouble who is genuine and who is not? It's just a terrible situation for everybody us included. I can see a lot of trouble ahead for everybody . All kinds of national Front and EDL groups will increase and there will be bedlam. It troubles me greatly not for me but for my kids and grandkids. What a mess!!
Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 17th Sep 2015 8:44pm
It should gave been halted long ago and contained somehow . Think the camps in Syria are a really good thing and if you are just wanting to feel safe then that's where you should go, at least the help can be given. Yes Granny it is a mixed bag , that's the trouble who is genuine and who is not? It's just a terrible situation for everybody us included. I can see a lot of trouble ahead for everybody . All kinds of national Front and EDL groups will increase and there will be bedlam. It troubles me greatly not for me but for my kids and grandkids. What a mess!!
Totally agree with you there Cools.Its frightening and its going to get worse.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Immigration Crisis - 17th Sep 2015 9:15pm
[quote=cools]I. All kinds of national Front and EDL groups will increase and there will be bedlam. It troubles me greatly not for me but for my kids and grandkids. What a mess!!

So, who is going to oppose the fascists and who is going to sit around gossiping about it? #DirectAction NF and EDL are jokes now. 'National Action' seem to be the 'new' threat but even the older fascist groups (like NF and EDL) are laughing at them now. Liverpool 3 Nazis 0

They reckon they are coming back to the North West (just outside of Liverpool) on Saturday. We'll see wink
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 17th Sep 2015 10:19pm
I'm not as well up on all this as you Rude so I'm only using the names I've heard in the past about these groups. The true situation hasent happened yet and I know I am a worrier but I do think there will be a surge in these kind if groups, allready hearing about it in other countries. I do hope I'm wrong and maybe I overthink things.
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 18th Sep 2015 6:34am
I am sorry to say this and truly hope I am wrong, but it will only take a terrorist outrage and loss of life here, and there will be a backlash against the perpetrators and their religion that will last for years, this in turn will encourage people to join organisations that offer a way show their frustrations against what they view as the cause.
Posted By: venice Re: Immigration Crisis - 18th Sep 2015 7:48am
I think there will be a backlash against Mrs M before long. Other countries are looking like they have just woken up to the severity of the problem now they are getting high numbers themselves at their borders, and will resent Germany prioritizing their own demographic problem and opening the floodgates without thinking it through properly how such a quick dramatic unscheduled movement of people would affect other countries.
Posted By: palemoon Re: Immigration Crisis - 18th Sep 2015 8:04am
Germany has many extreme right wing groups, just itching for confrontation.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Immigration Crisis - 18th Sep 2015 10:31am
Slightly off topic,but
Could some sort of deal be done with the Russians who are now putting troops and arms in Syria. Putin could then be seen by the world as the one who puts ISIS down which may cut down on the amount of refugees now trying to get into Europe.
Not sure now who the Syrian refugees are now fleeing from - Sadat or ISIS?
Posted By: chriskay Re: Immigration Crisis - 18th Sep 2015 1:05pm
Originally Posted by derekdwc

Not sure now who the Syrian refugees are now fleeing from - Sadat or ISIS?

Don't think you mean Sadat, Derek. Try Bashar al Assad. I think ISIS is the greater threat though.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Immigration Crisis - 18th Sep 2015 2:04pm
Thanks Chris - a senior moment oldman oldman
Can't keep up nowadays with changes of regimes etc in the world
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Immigration Crisis - 18th Sep 2015 2:39pm

Trouble with you lot is that anyone to the right of Karl Marx is a fascist. Give it a rest FFS

oldman

Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Immigration Crisis - 18th Sep 2015 3:18pm
[quote=cools]I. All kinds of national Front and EDL groups will increase and there will be bedlam. It troubles me greatly not for me but for my kids and grandkids. What a mess!!

So, who is going to oppose the fascists and who is going to sit around gossiping about it? #DirectAction NF and EDL are jokes now. 'National Action' seem to be the 'new' threat but even the older fascist groups (like NF and EDL) are laughing at them now. Liverpool 3 Nazis 0

Sorry, meant to staple this to the above post.
somad

They reckon they are coming back to the North West (just outside of Liverpool) on Saturday. We'll see wink
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 21st Sep 2015 3:49pm
This is becoming a logistical nightmare. The Hungarian PM could be right, as it is not from only one country. Take the population of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and various others, the amount could be millions. As he has stated;

Viktor Orban urged consensus, saying migrants were "breaking the doors" and "millions" could reach Europe."They are over-running us," said Mr Orban, shortly before Hungary's parliament agreed to hand more powers to the army.

"They're not just banging on the door, they're breaking the doors down on top of us.

"Our borders are under threat. Hungary is under threat and so is the whole of Europe."

Having read this article linked, there are many difficulties to overcome that are already causing issues between and amongst the migrants from different ethnic backgrounds.

Note that to be a German citizen up until year 2000, one had to have German ancestry. How things change.

http://www.npr.org/2015/09/20/441732811/in-germany-migrants-find-footing-but-also-some-resistance

It is encouraging to see that from certain images, some of these people from the middle east are beginning to learn about the great European queuing system ! Others from Bangladesh and North Africa do not yet seem to have got the message.
I don't like it when they are using their strength in numbers to override the authorities at border control, and those who do, won't be doing any favours for all the others in the long term.
Let's hope a meeting this week will shed some light on what EU intend to enforce. Another few months and Europe could also be a sinking ship.

It is quite remarkable that for years the Exodus of the Jews mentioned in the Bible has been subject to being dismissed as fallacy, due to so called historians agreeing that the volume of people quoted as being 600,000 was not possible. They thought the numerical system must have been different at that time and probably really meant 600 families ! How wrong they were.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 21st Sep 2015 3:56pm
There is going to be a meeting on Wednesday to try solve this problem.
They should have held a meeting well before this started to get out of control.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 21st Sep 2015 5:01pm
This is an interesting link to those who may be interested ,about what goes on in other parts of the globe.

Go to the drop down bars and click on different regions for different countries. It gives fairly recent update of happenings.

Looks like Yemen could be the next.

http://www.irinnews.org/country/ye/yemen
Posted By: venice Re: Immigration Crisis - 22nd Sep 2015 11:52am
Well , havent seen it on British news channel yet, but forget the Trojan Horse I mentioned last week as being a risk --RT is reporting that a leading IMAM is now calling on the faithful directly, to go to Europe , breed , integrate ,and take it over !
Everything I see and hear about this crisis makes it look more and more like an organized invasion .
Doesnt help that apparently self appointed ' facilitators' are tutoring groups of migrants everywhere, in exactly what to do , what to say,keeping them geographically up to date with where is best to cross, where is weak etc, and encouraging them to 'flash mob' as best they can to overcome restrictions at the borders with force. Smart phones amongst the refugees does the rest.
I feel sorry for the original and genuine Syrian refugees - they are obviously starting to feel bitter and angry against the invasion which is following and overtaking them.

Posted By: SUExx Re: Immigration Crisis - 22nd Sep 2015 12:28pm
Well it was obvious to anyone with brains that it was going to turn out like this. It's the usual jumping on the band wagon scenario. I'm the end it's the people who really do need help that won't get it and the lunatics will end up in our country causing unrest.
Some people don't seem to think of the consequences of letting all these people in in the first place, things are never simple and we end up with more trouble then it's worth.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Immigration Crisis - 22nd Sep 2015 12:48pm
I keep flip flopping between support and not. One TV channel shows the typical "huddled masses", crying children and mothers.

Then I see groups sat around well clothed and looking no worse for wear (the trainers on one refugee I saw this morning must have cost £100), not escaping war, but simply looking for a better life.

Well, sure I also want a better life, don't we all? Isn't that why we work hard? A nice job and home in Canada or Australia would suit me if you're offering.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Immigration Crisis - 22nd Sep 2015 1:15pm
I am in the NO SUPPORT camp.

Imagine if our Great Grandparents, Grandparents or Parents had ran away between 1914-1918 or 1939-1945.

I have no issues with women and children coming over for safety whilst the husband/partner fight for their land.

Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 22nd Sep 2015 1:37pm
I think we have done our bit.

Written by Sir Andrew Green , a previously unheard-of speechwriter for Blair, Straw and Blunkett,is a former British Ambassador to Saudi Arabia and Syria, and explains how Blair allowed 3 million immigrants into Britain. Plenty about it on the internet.

Was Mass Immigration a Conspiracy?

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/pressArticle/83

Same sentiments as Gibbo. Great sympathy for Syrian migrants and also Iraqis and flip flopping all over the place,but for the life of me I cannot see why there are so many that look like Pakistanis, Africans, Egyptians and possibly others who greatly resemble Indonesians. I could be wrong, but they aren't Syrian. There are also many Russians in Syria, and maybe they have thought it a good opportunity too. A 'Free For All' at the moment and who is likely to be able to determine who is genuine and who isn't, when they have no ID. They could all say ( and probably will)they were living in Syria !

Needless to say, Germany don't want others apart from the Syrians, they keep on repeating that they said they would take 800,000 Syrians. So now looking for a way to off load the less desirables.
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 22nd Sep 2015 1:44pm
I think a lot more people are realising that maybe all is not what it seems., abit late now. I feel for the children and hate to see them pulled around and pushed into the fences etc. Countries are getting angry and panicky and who can blame them. Venices post worries me to death and I've tried not to think about what could happen, think we've got to be really strong on this and be vigilant who we let in to our little England.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 22nd Sep 2015 4:12pm
And it looks like more will flee to Europe from Yemen.
[youtube]v=JoV9Z6NXH5I[/youtube]
Posted By: venice Re: Immigration Crisis - 22nd Sep 2015 4:22pm
Dont forget Cools, although the Russians are wary of putting out propaganda ,this story could of course still be spun somewhat . Nothing about it in UK or anywhere else I can see yet. OH thought its probably just too hot a potato pc wise for the BBC to carry it at all. Lets hope youre right and Mr C can keep his eye on the ball despite the distraction of Pig-gate and VW.

The EU ministers meeting today. They have agreed by a majority to split migrants amongst the countries . An angry dispairing Czech minister has just announced that soon it will be noticed 'that the Emporer has no clothes' (as you said Cools)
Posted By: venice Re: Immigration Crisis - 22nd Sep 2015 4:47pm
Oh the ,breed to take over' bit was in the Mail online it would seem. True then (unless dubbed) but hopefully this guy will be seen as even too extremist for all but IS followers and he wont be taken seriously by the majority.

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/644984253873324032
Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 8th Oct 2015 10:51pm
[youtube]v=aQsYJWOH6f4[/youtube] Makes sense this video.
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 9th Oct 2015 8:07am
Yes Snowy it certainly does and just what most of us are fearing. I find the whole thing extremely frightening and as I said before can only see trouble on the streets and misery.
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 9th Oct 2015 9:23am
what I find quite different, when relating to refugees of WWII , escaped prisoners, spies, and all those who had false papers, we had great admiration for them ,their courage and their struggle for survival.

How is it different now, and why are we prepared to condemn those who have no papers or ID , but have courage and are struggling for survival ?

Is it personal fear , of what might physically happen to ourselves and our children? If it is, then don't worry, if you're not a Christian you won't get beheaded, but you will probably have to become Muslim. Is that what people are frightened of ? Just asking...because those monstrous people are already within Europe, UK and are infiltrating everywhere else.
After the murder of our policeman this week, I already feel a sense of unity amongst the population, a coming together in support.
The same would happen if things took a turn for the worst, I believe. We would all be so much stronger on our home turf, isn't that what the British thing is ?
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 9th Oct 2015 9:53am
We cant really equate what happened in WW2 with the mass exodus we are experiencing today, if we look back to those countries affected, most of the men remained as partisans or resistance fighters those that left came here and joined their relative forces here the refugees we saw were the elderly and women and children, their pride and determination to defeat a common foe and love of their countries came first and foremost, what we are experiencing now is a vast migration of mainly young men, this is the thing that really strikes me most the under representation of families and young women, it just strikes me as not right, maybe its a cultural difference were we put women and children first, and the men put themselves first in their culture, but you are right should we be afraid? a fifth column of young men entering Europe with what intentions?
Posted By: snowhite Re: Immigration Crisis - 9th Oct 2015 9:55am
I think we should be afraid as who knows what there plan B will be next.
Can we be heading towards a world war 3 ????
Posted By: granny Re: Immigration Crisis - 9th Oct 2015 10:03am
Casper hi According to one news report, (don't know how true)it states that the women and children in the camps have been abandoned by their men folk. They think their men should have stayed to fight. Maybe they wonder who the hell they are going to fight for ? If they don't support Assad , IS or freedom fighters, when we see how complex it is, then it is understandable.

That question Snowy, is a different matter. All depends on the big players, who have F'd up once too often. I don't think it will be WWIII , I doubt there will be another major war like that. Just a nuke instead shocked
Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 9th Oct 2015 12:31pm
It does seem complex, but to simplify it they must have allegiance to one party or another maybe not as clear cut but similar to Lab, Lib, Con here, if the news report you read is true, then I do fear for Europe, because all we will have is those that care only for themselves, and will survive at the cost and sacrifices of others, it does seem a really frightening prospect.
Posted By: venice Re: Immigration Crisis - 9th Oct 2015 1:51pm

I don't think it will be WWIII , I doubt there will be another major war like that. Just a nuke instead shocked

As you know, its foretold Granny - one way or the other!
http://www.endtime.com/world-war-three/ oldman

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Immigration Crisis - 9th Oct 2015 9:33pm
The 19 Eritreans taken to sweden from Greece were 14 men and 5 women all ages between 25 and 40.

Are these the highest priority to be "saved"? Of course not, they have been chosen on employability or cost, there is nothing humanitarian about this, its a capitalist decision - disgusting!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Oct 2015 1:12am
Really don't give a toss about this.

Nothing we can do about it so why whine?

Posted By: casper Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Oct 2015 8:19am
I thought this was a open discussion site/forum, so what's with the comment Ste? are we not allowed to put our opinions forward voice our concerns? without being accused of whining coffee
Posted By: cools Re: Immigration Crisis - 10th Oct 2015 8:29am
I agree Casper, good job we don't rely on Ste for thought provoking conversation..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral