Forums
Posted By: Mark Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 2nd Aug 2015 11:48am
The television personality Cilla Black has died at the age of 72 in Spain.

Spanish police quoted by the Telegraph said on Sunday that British national Priscilla White – the Blind Date presenter’s real name – had died.

An autopsy is being carried out but it is believed that Black died of natural causes.

She had been staying at her holiday home in the Spanish resort.

In

More to follow ...

Source Click Me
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 2nd Aug 2015 11:52am
Very sad news RIP
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 2nd Aug 2015 12:08pm
sad news will be truly missed

Don't know why sky or bbc have nothing on their news channels about this.
Posted By: granny Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 2nd Aug 2015 12:15pm
This is sad news.

She was not so old, and I for one always assumed she would go on forever.

Always remembered for the best of times.

Posted By: cools Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 2nd Aug 2015 12:21pm
Oh my that's very sad and quite unexpected. Can't see anything on news do you think it's true or hoax...
Posted By: cools Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 2nd Aug 2015 12:23pm
Oh no definitely ,just looked it up on iPad, tragic.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 2nd Aug 2015 12:24pm
Breaking on Sky now....
Posted By: starakita Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 2nd Aug 2015 2:55pm
I only just found out,bit of a shock but someone told me she didn't want to live beyond 75
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 2nd Aug 2015 3:32pm
Full marks to her for her statements about wanting to die before she stopped enjoying life through permanent illness/disability and I'm pleased for her that her wish has come true.

More people should speak up on this topic and stop letting people not in that situation dictate that they should live and suffer.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 2nd Aug 2015 3:45pm
Not a "lorra" people know this.... I liked cilla, sad news
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 2nd Aug 2015 3:53pm
Cilla Black has died at home in Spain. Very sad news RIP.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 2nd Aug 2015 3:56pm
Yes, sad news. I never met her but going to the Cavern most
lunch times heard a lot about her and in the "Mersey Beat".
A wonderful ambassador of Liverpool. R.I.P Cilla.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 3rd Aug 2015 11:55am
R.I.P Cilla x

Attached picture cilla.png
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 3rd Aug 2015 7:12pm
Lovely women she will be missed,Cilla may you R.I.P
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 4th Aug 2015 2:07am
So errr where's the respect for the guy who crashed and died entertaining people the other day?

This woman has lived her life, the pilot who died the other day got shown no respect.

Go figure!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 4th Aug 2015 2:09am
You people no
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 4th Aug 2015 5:32am
Nothing to figure really ste...just posting how sad we are about a very ""well knowen"" t.v personality, who we grew up with, and was from our neck of the woods. "" cilla black"" you must have heard of her
Posted By: Dilly Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 4th Aug 2015 6:03am
Ste , Cilla Black was a well known entertainer for many years. The pilot who lost his life in such a tragic accident would not have been known by many until the tragedy. I think people are just more likely to comment on someone the have seen over many years on tv. The pilots death was sad but he died doing something he loved and knowing the dangers. His death isn't any less sad, people just didn't know him.
Posted By: cools Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 4th Aug 2015 7:35am
Here here Dilly, we are sad when we read about deaths that occur like the pilots but because Cilla Black and also Anne Kirkbride (Deirdre from corrie) are so known to us, it's like losing a friend. It hits hard because I think we feel they will always be there.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 4th Aug 2015 12:12pm
ste Cilla she was a part of most of our lives, people growing up in the 60s liked her songs and people in the 80/90s for her shows some of which still to this day hold the most watched show in the uk

To me the pilot didn't mean anything to me, as in the same way as reading the obituaries in the echo means nothing to me I know I come across as someone with no feeling but I don't care about Mr Blogs from liverpool dying aged 79 where as Cilla Black was apart of my Saturday nights for many years.

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 4th Aug 2015 2:23pm
Showing your age duck happy
Posted By: snowhite Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 4th Aug 2015 5:03pm
Cilla s cause death was a stroke,she fell and hit her head [feeling dizzy] and then had the stroke
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 4th Aug 2015 5:21pm
Impossible.
She must of had the stroke first to fall and hit her head.

So cause of death was blunt force trauma???
Posted By: snowhite Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 4th Aug 2015 5:33pm
No, she took the stroke after falling over and hitting her head.

That was the post mortem results.
Posted By: starakita Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 4th Aug 2015 5:36pm
They think she fell because she had been sleeping in an air conditioned room & went out into the heat which caused her to go dizzy & fall.Spain is having a heatwave so it's hotter than usual
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 4th Aug 2015 9:33pm
Originally Posted by starakita
They think she fell because she had been sleeping in an air conditioned room & went out into the heat which caused her to go dizzy & fall.Spain is having a heatwave so it's hotter than usual

That makes more sense star, that's probably the cause of the fall.

Sorry snow I had it mixed up.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 5th Aug 2015 12:32pm
The conspiracy theories are coming out now centering around if she know too much about certain celebs and people in power?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 6th Aug 2015 9:18am
Maybe she knew too much about the London bombings, who knows? laugh
Posted By: cools Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 6th Aug 2015 9:36am
Don't even know why I,m responding to this. Ridiculous comment!! Makes me sick when someone dies how they try to dredge up muck. The lady's dead can't defend herself. Whether you were a fan or not she got to the top of her profession and she made it on her own talent, some people resent success ....
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 6th Aug 2015 8:49pm
"Makes me sick when someone dies how they try to dredge up muck"

Jimmy Saville
Posted By: cools Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 6th Aug 2015 9:36pm
Exactly Fish. Why wasn't he outed when he was alive so he could get his just desserts. Why wait until he was dead before it all came out, too late he got away with it. One horrible man he was, people should have spoke up and hard!
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Cilla Black dies aged 72 - 7th Aug 2015 3:44pm
people did try and speak out about Jimmy Saville
but nothing was done

he had keys to free rein Stoke Mandeville hospital kids/staff did tell but none were taken seriously or raised with senior managers, according to the NHS investigation. due to his gold-plated status as a celebrity fundraiser.

people told the bbc and yet again the was seen as the golden boy who could do not wrong so was kept hush up

it was only after he was dead that channel 5 did some digging did people feel they would at last be heard.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral