Forums
Posted By: Mark Lynda Bellingham dies aged 66 - 20th Oct 2014 10:25am
So Sad.

British actress and presenter Lynda Bellingham, who had cancer, has died aged 66, her agent has confirmed.

Sue Latimer said she died yesterday "in her husband's arms".

The actress, best known for her long-running role as a mother in the Oxo TV adverts, had been battling colon cancer since being diagnosed in July 2013.

Bellingham said she had planned to end her treatment to limit her family's suffering after it spread to her lungs and liver.

In a statement on behalf of Bellingham's family, Mrs Latimer said: "Lynda died peacefully in her husband's arms yesterday at a London hospital.

"Her family would like to thank the nurses and staff for their tremendous care and support."

She added: "Actor, writer and presenter - to the end Lynda was a consummate professional."

Bellingham was also known for shows such as All Creatures Great and Small and in recent years was on the panel of ITV's Loose Women.

Read More Click Me

Such a horrible disease which takes no prisoners.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lynda Bellingham dies aged 66 - 20th Oct 2014 11:21am
Very sad- I read somewhere that she was hoping for one last Christmas.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Lynda Bellingham dies aged 66 - 20th Oct 2014 11:26am
RIP, thoughts to her family at this sad time , obviously more ill than any one realised.
Posted By: granny Re: Lynda Bellingham dies aged 66 - 20th Oct 2014 3:19pm
In her interview on TV 7/10/14 she appeared to be very bright and looked very good.
Extremely sad; she was lovely.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Lynda Bellingham dies aged 66 - 20th Oct 2014 5:16pm
being honest I have never heard of her so did wonder why all the fuss in the radio
© Wirral-Wikiwirral