Forums
Posted By: casper Cliff in firing line - 15th Aug 2014 8:50am
Front page of todays paper refers to allegations of sexual abuse against Cliff Richard, the tentacles of paedophilia seem to pervade the entertainment business, the church and politics, again I remember the papers back in the 80's warning of a bombshell disclosure that was to shake the whole establishment, then nothing, rumours about various people have been circulating for years and there still seems to be a fear of naming names of the living at least, lets hope justice is done for the guilty and the innocent.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cliff in firing line - 15th Aug 2014 11:55am
whatever next, they are also saying jill dando was killed as she was about to uncover the whole pedophile ring of the bbc.
Posted By: granny Re: Cliff in firing line - 15th Aug 2014 1:38pm
Reading about Elm House last night in the link below. Much reporting about things going on over the years.
Very long but reads like a bad dream.
Whoever compiled it may have much information or possibly fitting an article to match a possible story. Wouldn't know, but very dreadful in many parts of it.

Not sure if I can post it on here, Mark ?????
Will do anyway, you can always remove it.

http://ukpaedos-exposed.com/westmin...ated/elm-guest-house-child-sexual-abuse/

Barnes is a very upmarket place to live.
Posted By: casper Re: Cliff in firing line - 15th Aug 2014 6:08pm
Frightening eh granny, I don't think there is any doubt that such widespread abuse took place and that high profile figures were involved, allegedly one of those mentioned was a member of MI5, a lot of those poor lads associated with Elm guest house took their own lives after being fobbed off by the police and are no longer able to give their evidence, there is also mentioned two pop stars that allegedly attended "parties" there, and a number of suspicious deaths of people involved that followed, its heartbreaking to think that youngsters like the Magdalin sisters and the lads from these homes had to suffer at the hands of perverts and that they were ignored by those that they went to get help from.
Posted By: venice Re: Cliff in firing line - 15th Aug 2014 9:03pm
Theres still a huge bombshell within another massive self protecting part of the establishment yet be exploded if rumours heard in the late nineties are to be believed.
I agree, dreadful ordeal for children who were ignored.

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Cliff in firing line - 15th Aug 2014 9:26pm
Originally Posted by venice
Theres still a huge bombshell within another massive self protecting part of the establishment yet be exploded if rumours heard in the late nineties are to be believed.
I agree, dreadful ordeal for children who were ignored.

Father of Big Ears? Notice how all these famous nonces are knighted?
Posted By: Salmon Re: Cliff in firing line - 15th Aug 2014 10:53pm
Innocent till proven guilty?????
Posted By: casper Re: Cliff in firing line - 16th Aug 2014 6:32am
If you read my post, I have not implied any guilt by anyone, I think the words I hope the guilty and the innocent get justice are meant to clarify that, what I have written are snippets of reports from the internet and the papers.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Cliff in firing line - 16th Aug 2014 10:48am
was telling friends about a month ago that Cliff might be the next high profile celeb caught up in it all. The Elm House guest list thing has been doing the rounds for a while and it was inevitable that the police would have to act. A verse from Cliffs bible reads

"be sure your sins will find you out". Which can mean

in this life--publicly

in this life--inwardly (conscience)

in the next life before supreme judge

Cliffs bible will also tell him that "the shed blood of Jesus Christ is able to cleanse us from all sin"-----subject to honest repentance

Police must have something to go on if they are going to raid his house whilst he is away.

Not sure what angers me the most the actual abuse or the cover up in high places.
Posted By: venice Re: Cliff in firing line - 16th Aug 2014 11:58am
Originally Posted by fish5133

Police must have something to go on if they are going to raid his house whilst he is away.

At one time that statement would have had a chance of probably being true, but unfortunately these days , some overzealous uber pc witchhunters take everything to the extreme so that the person who drinks in the same pub as the sister of the cleaner at the dentists where a convicted paedophile was once a client, becomes a suspect by association, and the fact that someone hearing that , adds that the now 'suspect' once picked them up and rubbbed their knee for them, when they fell over in the street when they were 5 ----WELL there we are , he touched a child! there's NEVER smoke without fire is there!! -he must be guilty to SOME degree !!

Dont get me wrong, I hate paedophilia as much as the next person , and all realistic 'leads' should be investigated , but sometimes a little bit more discretion should be used by everyone in the first place before names are blurted to the press. I marvel to think how 30 odd years ago when helping with reading or daytrips in the local primary school you wouldnt think anything of 'kissing a childs grazed elbow/knee better, or having one on your knee when you read to them or giving a hug to a crying tot whose mummy has left them for the first time. Now- you just wouldnt for fear of what might at some later date be 'hung' on it. Very sad.

So wrong too that the press should have access to that info about the raid on Cliff Richard's house and be in position even before the police got there.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Cliff in firing line - 16th Aug 2014 12:10pm
a bit off topic but
Criminal checks on people working with children scaled back
Published 11 February 2011
click

Those doing the covering up should do jail time as much as the guilty perpetrators
Posted By: stanb Re: Cliff in firing line - 17th Aug 2014 8:14pm
Why did it take 8 officers 5 hours to search the place?.
Posted By: granny Re: Cliff in firing line - 17th Aug 2014 8:59pm
Who knows? Why are they searching that place in Berkshire, he's only lived there since 2006 hasn't he ?
Maybe it's his house mate they are searching !
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Cliff in firing line - 17th Aug 2014 9:17pm
Originally Posted by granny
Who knows? Why are they searching that place in Berkshire, he's only lived there since 2006 hasn't he ?
I thought he had re-located to Portugal?
Posted By: granny Re: Cliff in firing line - 17th Aug 2014 9:53pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Originally Posted by granny
I thought he had re-located to Portugal?

Correction : He's been at the apartment in Berkshire since 2008

He spends a couple of months a year in Portugal. Spends a couple of months at another home in Barbados and not sure how many more he has. The place in Berkshire was down sizing shocked (have you seen it ?) getting ready for retirement ! 'Apparently'. I think he's being organised !
Posted By: granny Re: Cliff in firing line - 18th Aug 2014 2:05pm
Although the police statement referred to an alleged offence , they did not actually give a name of anyone.

Having read this, I find it interesting in connection to how all things, seem to have been taken out of Cliff's hands.Maybe he's changed his Will too !

Extract: Cliff’s great friend, TV presenter Gloria Hunniford (pictured with him), observed that John McElynn has allowed Cliff to ‘spread his wings’. Another friend says that John has ‘opened Cliff’s eyes to the many joys his millions can bring him’
John also took on responsibility for looking after Cliff’s four properties, in Sunningdale, Portugal, Barbados and New York. ‘It takes a great weight off my mind,’ said Cliff.
‘He is very good at it — in fact, I’m amazed at how good, because you wouldn’t necessarily think a priest would be good at dealing with workmen or architects or even a vineyard [Cliff has one at his estate in Portugal], but he’s very practical.’
More than an employee, John became a friend. ‘He has also become a companion, which is great because I don’t particularly like living alone, even now,’ wrote Cliff.
‘And crucially he knows how to work computers and send and pick up emails and handle all those technological things that seem to be so vital today, and that I know so little about.
‘Nearly all my communications with the office now go through him. And after 20 years of simple living, I don’t think he’s having too much difficulty adjusting to the odd glass of fine wine!’
Those who know Cliff say that he has changed since he met McElynn. He used to be a man of extremely humble and simple tastes — now he has the confidence to enjoy his wealth and the freedom it offers.
He has become more at ease and expansive, offering the Blairs a holiday at his mansion in Barbados, and hobnobbing in New York with philanthropist and former Conservative Party deputy chairman Lord Ashcroft.
Today, it seems, McElynn has quit the priesthood. There is no reference to him in the national U.S. directory of Catholic clerics, and the spokeswoman for the Congregation of the Mission said: ‘He is no longer a priest in our community, he’s out of contact with us.’
McElynn’s mother, Betty, elliptically told a newspaper in 2006: ‘He left for the same reasons so many of them leave. I know about his new life and Sir Cliff, of course. I hope they are happy.’
Cliff has declined to say whether their close relationship is a friendship or a romance. He has always talked of McElynn as his travel companion.
He told a TV show this year that gossip about him being gay had hurt his family when he was young, but added: ‘Who cares? It doesn’t really matter to me any more. I have got gay friends. Most people have gay friends.
‘If I was gay would it make any difference? Would you not come to my concerts because I was gay? I hope not.’
Regardless of such issues, Cliff’s life has changed enormously since meeting McElynn. In Barbados, where Cliff has a house on the Sugar Hill plantation, they mix with a glitzy crowd.
Tennis champion Virginia Wade comes over to play on his court, and they often see Cilla Black, who has a home on the beach and has known Cliff for so long that she once admitted she had a crush on him when she was a schoolgirl.
Writer Steve Turner, author of the star’s authorised biography, said: ‘Cliff has started to spend money rather than save it. He’s been doing a lot more travelling and seems to have a new lease of life.
‘It’s clear that he is much happier in himself since meeting the priest. He’s gone from someone who rarely invited friends to dine at his home to doing a lot more lavish entertaining.
‘His decision to sell himself as a brand name, branching out into perfume and wine, also appears to be largely due to McElynn’s influence.’
Cliff’s great friend, TV presenter Gloria Hunniford, observed that John McElynn has allowed Cliff to ‘spread his wings’. Another friend says that John has ‘opened Cliff’s eyes to the many joys his millions can bring him’.
Now, as Cliff faces perhaps the greatest crisis of his professional life, his friend the former missionary will be needed at his side more than ever.
https://www.facebook.com/ElmParkConservatives/posts/804760072908360

Posted By: Zubee Re: Cliff in firing line - 23rd Aug 2014 11:01pm
I think they should STOP naming these people until they're found guilty. Mud sticks.

Imagine if it was your dad, brother, husband etc, wrongly accused.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral